As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    I figured out how to get NV units from the EX 5*/NV tickets!
    Just think about saving it for one day so the new unit will be in the pool, go nah, it won't be an NV anyway, and then use the ticket! Guaranteed to make you regret not waiting a day and getting some other NV unit.
    Like I dunno, Gabranth, for example.... definitely just an example, in no way did I use my ticket early and waste an NV pull, oh ho no sir.

Halloween NV won’t be in the EX pool though will it?

I assume Ibara will be in the EX pool for the first week like past limited units because they haven't said otherwise. Ibara (and any other limited units) will NOT be in the pool for the weekly free pulls, however.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Just think about saving it for one day so the new unit will be in the pool, go nah, it won't be an NV anyway, and then use the ticket! Guaranteed to make you regret not waiting a day and getting some other NV unit.
    Like I dunno, Gabranth, for example.... definitely just an example, in no way did I use my ticket early and waste an NV pull, oh ho no sir.

Traditionally limited time units go into the EX pool for the first week that the banner is up. I would not be surprised if Gumi nukes this tradition from orbit for NV units though.
    Yeah, just double checked. It's the two-star (**) bullet point in the massive amount of fine print on the character/summon news banner. She'll be in the EX-pool for the first week only.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Done, set in favorite slot, human killer on both forms. If you need me to tweak anything just let me know.

What's your IG name? I thought you were BSHawk but it's still showing Tifa.

I've had that issue of units just not updating. Part of me thinks that the game updates the set friends once a day at reset or whenever, and won't show a newly set unit until whenever that update happens.

This sucks. I switched over to Nox and yeah it's still coming up cached... I guess i'll try tonight and see otherwise, I guess word to the wise, get your trial weapons before the last day of IW lol.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Restarted the app 2 or 3 times and got the friend unit to refresh. No issues running through it, thanks @Blackhawk1313. Downside is that the reward lapis goes straight to your pool and not the mailbox, so I'll have to keep in mind to get 500 or so to do a pull or something in Nox.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Restarted the app 2 or 3 times and got the friend unit to refresh. No issues running through it, thanks @Blackhawk1313. Downside is that the reward lapis goes straight to your pool and not the mailbox, so I'll have to keep in mind to get 500 or so to do a pull or something in Nox.

Happy to oblige.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular

I assume Ibara will be in the EX pool for the first week like past limited units because they haven't said otherwise. Ibara (and any other limited units) will NOT be in the pool for the weekly free pulls, however.

Ah fuck. I should have saved my 5* tickets then?

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Hrm, apparently Ibara will be in the pool for the 5*/NV guaranteed weekly pull, but not the player's choice free weekly 10 pull. Seeing as I have not gotten a single NV from the 5*/NV weekly pull I don't expect to get Ibara from it, but apparently it will be possible.

Cruor on
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »

Ah fuck. I should have saved my 5* tickets then?

I wouldn't worry, I've gotten maybe 1 NV from those tickets? Maybe none, I think that was a 4* ticket. So the chances of getting an NV + the chance it's the current on banner is really small.

• Options
    Every type of NV EX ticket has the exact same chance of pulling an NV (1.25%). It's silly but it's true. Same with every type of regular ticket.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I have a few EX tickets ready, should have saved more of them considering Halloween was coming. I'll drop them tomorrow to maybe (most likely not) get Ibara. I may save my 30 or so regular tickets for when the old Halloween units are back depending on which ones get NVAs and how many I need.

• Options
    We are getting the DV rewards after maintenance as well, so you should have more tickets to use there as well. I'm gonna dump all of the EX tickets immediately. Gonna save the 30% rainbow tickets for next week to hopefully grab extra Halloween rainbows for NVA reasons.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I did not really cotton to the money I could be making with the turtles in the shop. I should not have bought all the purecrysts. I have way too many dudes waiting for 7* money to get the STMR, and a couple more that I'm considering prisming for extra NVA shards and/or STMR obtainage

Still, I made like 15 million in a moment with my leftover KM points (I had a LOT of bonus this King Mog), so that's STMRs for Sabin, Itachi, Aloha Lasswell, Radiant Lightning, and Agent Olive paid for.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Honestly, I'm running out of 6* awakening mats. The latest KM shop had 1 of each. How stupid is that?! Although, the Gil Snapper Hunt was a nice event to stock up on Gil.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm running out of 6* awakening mats. The latest KM shop had 1 of each. How stupid is that?! Although, the Gil Snapper Hunt was a nice event to stock up on Gil.

The gil store has all of the 6* awakening mats for relatively cheap. I had to go buy a bunch as I, too, was running out of some of them.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular

In the special shop the last item list is a gil shop they sells all the awakening materials.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular

It's supposed to be one stack of 100 of each material.

• Options
    Yeah I thought it was 1 each too but it looks like it was 100 each at a super cheap price haha.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    So Facebook dropped the cost of the Ibara unit safety net: 36,000 lapis.
    You get a coin for each multi; the multi's are 4500 instead of 5000. It's buy 3 get 1 free, and you do get a coin on the free one.
    So 8 multi+2 free ones for a guaranteed copy. Of course, that leaves you only one multi away from another free one for maximum overspending urges.

Edit: Actually, you probably want to do the extra pull anyway. That's 4500 lapis for two multi's (and 2 coins), which you can use to buy the extra 20 shards from the shop. 500 lapis cheaper than buying the 50 shard bundle for EX+1. And puts us at 40,500 for a guaranteed EX+1, only marginally more expensive than JP's way of doing it (since they get the 50 shard login for free). If they stick with this format, we'll eventually come out the winner when (if) we move to 50 login shards.

Now we just need that daily shard dungeon.

Lorek on
  • Options
    First 4500 pull (my daughter did) got me a NV Ibala!

• Options
    Got her in 3 multi's. Did the free one and then just dumped the four coins into her shards so 10 login + 40 coin shards = EX+1.
    Leaves a good chunk of lapis to shore up whatever Halloween units get NVA's next week. Debating whether to drop 5k for the extra 50 shards since she's time-limited and her STMR is a big chunk of magic, but I'll wait to see how many Halloween units I'm missing from the chosen ones that get upgraded.

• Options
    Of all the free pulls and EX tickets I only got the guaranteed 5*s plus 1 4* upgrade to rainbow. Overall, not a great week. I used 4 tickets on the Ibara banner with no luck there. Gonna wait and see what the NVA looks like next week.

• Options
    I was feeling pretty good about my 3000 MAG Ibala unit I saw Marcus with a 5000 MAG one! Holy hell!

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Got 2 Ibaras. One from my first (and only multi I had lapis for) and one from my 5* ticket on her banner. Got super lucky. Need to gear her out and level her (all out of cactuar currently).

• Options
    I was feeling pretty good about my 3000 MAG Ibala unit I saw Marcus with a 5000 MAG one! Holy hell!

Yeah I was surprised I broke 5000 MAG. Now granted, I was able to max her vision card right away, so that's an extra base 110 MAG.
    And she's not geared for killers or anything, it's pure 100% e-peen MAG score from the Optimize button.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I guess my Halloween luck is still intact. First multi, Ibara #1. Decided to at least go all the way to the free summon. Second multi, Ibara #2. Get to save some Lapis for the Halloween NVAs, so that's great.

What to do with my 4 coins? I guess I can grab her fragments and save them until we get fragment dungeon so it's quicker to EX+2.

• Options

So close, couldn’t quite match Marcus until I can IW her new weapon. But 4930 is pretty good too. :)

5cnq2i34rxdd.jpeg

• Options
    Really sounds like I need to do some of those difficult missions. That Rod Marcus is using is like 250 MAG or something insane. My highest is 180.

• Options
    Yeah that's the Dark Visions rod; it's the highest MAG weapon in the game at the moment.
    Which reminds me, I can go upgrade the katana now with that 800 I just got from the rewards.

• Options
    Yeah that's the Dark Visions rod; it's the highest MAG weapon in the game at the moment.
    Which reminds me, I can go upgrade the katana now with that 800 I just got from the rewards.

Yeah kinda lamenting the long break I took now, have dark rag up to +9 now so may as well finish it but, the rod is definitely the priority after. Will have to settle for Ibara’s 180 throwing weapon as highest MAG I’ve got for time being.

• Options
    Ok. I fell for the hype. I'm broke, but I got an Ibara on the 8th (free) pull. Now I need to scrounge up some lapis to get the bundle before it disappears. I guess I could also use my 8 coins to buy shards for her too.

• Options
    I... just realized in the excitement of getting Ibara put together, another low key bonus is I got Four Winds Physalis #4. So... that’s a 180 MAG Gun now as well.

• Options
    Ok. I fell for the hype. I'm broke, but I got an Ibara on the 8th (free) pull. Now I need to scrounge up some lapis to get the bundle before it disappears. I guess I could also use my 8 coins to buy shards for her too.

Up to you but you do get 30 from login so you would only need to spend two coins for 20 more shards to have her EX+1 if you are willing to wait a few days. Saves you lapis as well.

• Options

Next week before her banner goes away should be main quest + story reset, so probably like 10k lapis waiting in the wings.
    But yeah, that won't show up before the bundle goes away, so probably better to just use 2+ coins and wait for the login shards.

• Options
    No Ibara for me and now I'm broke, but I did get HKLasswell's STMR. Slight silver lining.

• Options
    No Ibara for me and now I'm broke, but I did get HKLasswell's STMR. Slight silver lining.

Not pulling up to the safety net?

• Options
    edited October 2020

Not pulling up to the safety net?

Not enough lapis sadly. I pulled more than I had wanted to for Elena and now I'm kicking myself. Ah well, maybe some tickets from the event or whatever will hot for me.

I guess for additional silver lining, I pulled Monk Sabin#5 for his eventual NVA, and I got Aileen#5 so I can NVA her.

Cruor on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Free pulls gave me my 4th Yuraisha, and I've heard so much gushing over her NVA that I'm pretty excited.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I don't think I'm going to pull for Ibara. Mostly cause most of her kit seems to be CWA, which are initials for "doesn't actually work", and Daisy is supposed to be right around the corner, and I'm only at 36K lapis. She does look cool, though.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    I don't think I'm going to pull for Ibara. Mostly cause most of her kit seems to be CWA, which are initials for "doesn't actually work", and Daisy is supposed to be right around the corner, and I'm only at 36K lapis. She does look cool, though.

Yeah I've warmed up to her sprite honestly. I wish the event was more... Halloween-y but it fits her unit.

• Options
    Hey, cool! I got WR Firion STMR among all the summoning madness this morning! I also had Kefka's STMR ready to fuse, but finally got around to it since it's really good for Ibara.

I can also get a 2nd Kaito STMR, but I'm not sure I need it. I have him setup to grab it just in case.