As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Yeah I’m a fan already of Halloween units, and if this really truly by all appearances has a safety net, l’ll happily pull to get her.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Ah well I'm not horribly impressed with the new unit design (I'm not into Japanese horror) and the event looks kind of lame. I miss the ghosts, pumpkins, etc.

Yeah unless she ticks the boxes of meta, easy to chain, and has some good GLEX specials, I'll pass. Her art seems so bland to me (her BS just puts a leaf behind her). And I'm only at 39K lapis so probably better to wait till a major game changer like Daisy/Fina.

Easy to chain box should be checked with her BS chaining abilities, although none were previewed and we won't know modifiers until datamine. Meta will also depend on modifiers and also if she has good single target options - I am heartened by the fact that her magnus ability that was previewed is single target. As for GLEX specials...eh, I anticipate her just being a good damage dealer but I wouldn't say no to increased utility.

Also, her Braveshift has some more subtle changes. It's hard to see but there are thin branches that hold her up off of the ground/flare out her dress some. I would have liked to see a more drastic change but I like her base sprite enough not to be bothered.

Just wish they'd do a bit more. Cloud, Aerith, Akstar, Loren all have decent to major changes in their BS form. I'm not expecting much from the NVA units, but for NV units, I'd hope for something unique. Like if she's a demon and her BS form is dark based, change her into a full demon or something.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I'm really hoping next week is a Karten NVA and we get a full on werewolf brave-shift. Other alternatives would be Demon Rain or DracuLasswell going full demon/vampire-form.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Nevermind. I found a random friend with the right setup for Shinryu. Done with that one!

Gonna try Scorn of Antenolla next. It's gonna take a bit to get the team setup, but I would appreciate a plant killing Elena with an ice weapon and status immunity. Thanks!

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Nevermind. I found a random friend with the right setup for Shinryu. Done with that one!

Gonna try Scorn of Antenolla next. It's gonna take a bit to get the team setup, but I would appreciate a plant killing Elena with an ice weapon and status immunity. Thanks!

Mine should still be set up in Nem 2 for ANT EX

• Options
    3 tries with folks but SR chain kept breaking. I'll try again here when the friend timer is up. I'd hate to have to boot up Nox just to get a complete SR chain.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I do wonder which Halloween units will get NVAs. Preferably, all the previous 5* Halloween units would get NVAs, but that's a lot for the art and dev teams. They might prioritize the older ones for NVAs and then maybe do the rest next year, or maybe they'll do one from each batch. I could see:

Year 1: D. Rain NVA. He's the only GL exclusive Rain variant, and I'd bet that Aloha Lasswell gets an NVA down the line.

Year 2: GLS was the only new 5* that year, so an NVA for her would be a no brainer.

Year 3: Lilith, hands down. Far more popular than Lucius, she's still used a lot today (even if it's just for arena cheese). An NVA for Lilith would also give another NV level tank unit to go with Faisy and SS Charlottle's NVA

Year 4; Probably Karten, since I think he's more popular than Godrea. Godrea would be a cool choice, though.

There is a possibility that they might not NVA Karten or Godrea and instead just give them ability awakenings. Some of the ability awakenings in JP have been looking pretty strong lately, even if they don't bring a unit to NV level. They could always NVA them later. Heck, Karten could still have insane burst of they buffed his CD skill a bit.

Zomro on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I think I have literally zero Halloween 5* units, so, you know, hard to care much!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I've got GLS with her STMR, D.Rain at 7*, and both Karten and Godrea with STMRs. I'd love for any of them to get NVAs, but with my luck it would be Lasswell or Lilith and Lucius.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I have a 5* Demon Rain (thank goodness for the prism in shop), and 7* Karten and Godrea. My luck for Halloween units has not been super great but not for lack of trying. If any of them get NVAs I will be very happy. I would likely use an STMR Moogle and then Halloween UoC/prism to get as many shards as possible. It'll leave me short of an EX+1 but hopefully there will be more ways to get shards for them. We will know next week I guess.

Edit: If they keep a similar setup for Christmas I will be stoked. I'll be able to NVA and then EX+1 either Levinson (using an STMR Moogle) or Kryla. I can only imagine Kryla will get an NVA this Christmas since she seems to be a favorite among the devs and is very popular with players.

Cruor on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    All I have from Halloween is a 7* Karten and GLS, and 2 STMR’d Godreas + 1 more.

...I really wanted that Karten. I also spent a ton of resources pulling for that GLS the first two years, only to fail. I got one after 7* arrived so she was never used. I just bought her prism this week with trust coins.

I’m not looking forward to an NVA Lilith, because:
    a) I have none
    b) They’ll probably figure out a way to make her super annoying again in arena, without really making her relevant again otherwise.

maraji on
  • Options
    I think Karten with a full werewolf BS form is honestly pretty likely, and that would be lit af.

• Options
    I think Karten with a full werewolf BS form is honestly pretty likely, and that would be lit af.

And his STMR is pretty baller so I won't feel bad using an STMR moogle for it.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Is there a list somewhere for all the Halloween units? I'd like to see what I have.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    The 5* base Halloween units:
    Demon Rain
    Draculasswell
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Lucius
    Lilith
    Karten
    Godrea

• Options
    edited October 2020

I don't know if we're friends. Can you send me a friend request please? 082 714 846
    I have a bunch of inactive friend slots I can free up if anyone else wants to add me. Just let me know.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Oh shoot I forgot I got a random Lucius, who also has a prism in the trust shop. So, I have access to more than half of the 5* base Halloween units, so the chances of not having one that gets an NVA is low.

Now watch none of the units I have will get an NVA :(

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    My hauls for Christmas would be way better. I have 7* Christine and Noel, and an STMR'd Kryla. I'd have a much better chance of managing to scratch an NVA somehow.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    The 5* base Halloween units:
    Demon Rain
    Draculasswell
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Lucius
    Lilith
    Karten
    Godrea

I have Lucius at 7*, and a base level Godrea with no prism.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    If I had to bet, I'd imagine they'll keep the NVA's to the original units, Demon Rain, Drac Lass, and GLS. That's 3 units which seems like enough work for them as is, given the NV GLEX unit here they had to work on as well.

Right now I have an STMR'd Demon Rain and GLS, but no Drac Lass. I really liked Demon Rain, I hope they finally fix some of his flaw's so he can be a great. Ideally they'd scale his basic attack off Def, but that would be brand new and I don't see them going that far.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    If I had to bet, I'd imagine they'll keep the NVA's to the original units, Demon Rain, Drac Lass, and GLS. That's 3 units which seems like enough work for them as is, given the NV GLEX unit here they had to work on as well.

Right now I have an STMR'd Demon Rain and GLS, but no Drac Lass. I really liked Demon Rain, I hope they finally fix some of his flaw's so he can be a great. Ideally they'd scale his basic attack off Def, but that would be brand new and I don't see them going that far.

One of Dr. Aiden's CD moves (the 20 stack self mirage one) gives him a normal counter that scales with SPR, so changing Demon Rain's counter-attacks to scale off of DEF is feasible.

I think at most we will get 3 NVAs, but I have no ideas which ones. It would make the most sense if we got the earliest ones first, but Gumi's thrown us curveballs before.

If Demon Rain does indeed get an NVA, I hope his Braveshift is a damage dealer of some sort. That way he could have some flexibility in roles between tanking and higher damage.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Either that or go full tank and do Def based DPS in normal and SPR based DPS in BS with AoE cover and stuff. Probably too much for 1 unit though ha.

• Options
    I'm struggling a bit with Ant EXT for some reason. I think I'm going to have to rework my team a bit. I'm liking Lilisette for this trial since she can handle the ice imbue/imperil for the team, but MMXon can only spread it for 5 turns and I'm just not hitting the damage I need to kill the main plant in 2 turns (after the break gauge is down). I'll try again tomorrow.

Team:
    P. Cecil (cover w/ katana for break gauge)
    MM Xon (buff spread, break gauge, etc)
    IF Rain (killer buff, break gauge)
    Lilisette (ice imperil, buffs, break gauge)
    SL Elena x2.

• Options
    Intangir down. Man that was an exercise in frustration and not because of the trial. I kept clicking stupid things like MMXon before Tifa so he didn't spread her imbue, which then killed that friend unit's chance. Also I'm thinking there is something when chaining 2x with someone 3x that knocks it out of balance as even with a macro it was breaking. Finally changed up MMXon so he went to sleep to prevent his counters from screwing it up, which allowed for dual 3x casts which finally spark chained and easy peasy.

It's crazy how much difference there was in spark chaining in Nox vs my phone. On my phone, even with Cruor's super beast killer Tifa, I only got to 650K or so damage. Where as with Nox, even with a friend unit that had 100% less killers, I got 1.3 million or so damage.

Really really wish GUMI would do something to help out chaining. Having to go to Nox is terrible game mechanics.

• Options
    I'm struggling a bit with Ant EXT for some reason. I think I'm going to have to rework my team a bit. I'm liking Lilisette for this trial since she can handle the ice imbue/imperil for the team, but MMXon can only spread it for 5 turns and I'm just not hitting the damage I need to kill the main plant in 2 turns (after the break gauge is down). I'll try again tomorrow.

Team:
    P. Cecil (cover w/ katana for break gauge)
    MM Xon (buff spread, break gauge, etc)
    IF Rain (killer buff, break gauge)
    Lilisette (ice imperil, buffs, break gauge)
    SL Elena x2.

Might try throwing Tifa in there as a finisher with SL Elena instead and see if that helps. I do love Lilisette though, I really should break her out more now that I have AK Akstar with AMoE chains. I'm not familiar with SL Elena, is her main DPS move BS or SR? If it's SR, you might be able to find an NV Rain friend to imbue fire. Allowing for WM Rosa to break gauge earlier.

Or you could try throwing Barrage on non-BS Tifa and see if over the course of the first couple turns she can whittle the break gauge down.

• Options

I don't know if we're friends. Can you send me a friend request please? 082 714 846
    I have a bunch of inactive friend slots I can free up if anyone else wants to add me. Just let me know.

Done!

• Options
    Can anyone that has AK Akstar load him up with human killer and in the favorite spot? Playing catch up for some more weapons to run through IW.

• Options
    Hrm, in JP they are buffing a bunch of the older NV units by giving them new abilities that are unlocked by getting to EX+2. I'll put them in a spoiler for length:
    NV Cloud
    Shared: +300 ATK, some ability mods increased
    Normal: LB Upgrade
    LB: Lv40, ST 140x & 35% Greatsword Debuff for 4 Turns

NV Rain
    Normal: Auto LB
    Brave Shift: some ability mods increased, LB Upgrade
    LB: 65x damage 50% DEF ignore, 4 turn 135% fire imperil

NV Aerith
    Normal: LB Upgrade
    LB: + Restore 30% MP to all allies & 5 Turn all ailment resist buff
    Brave Shift: +500 MAG, LB damage +100%, some ability mods up, +75% damage to demons

NV Akstar
    Normal: +100% damage to dragons, auto LB
    Brave Shift: LB damage +150%, some ability mods up, LB Upgrade
    LB: 5x+150x Phys Damage, 5 turn 135% ice imperil

NV Sol
    Normal: New skill "Destruction" (Gr6)
    Destruction: Magic damage (45x) with ignore SPR (50%) to all enemies
    Brave Shift: +500 MAG, +75% LB damage, LB Upgrade
    LB: 1 turn 135% Ice Imperil, 150x Ice Magic Damage

NV Gabranth
    Shared: Auto LB
    Shared: +3000 HP, +500 DEF, Auto-Skill/Turn: 3000 HP Barrier

I think NV Cloud is a big winner where with 35% Greatsword imperil, but the 135% Fire and Ice Imperils for Rain/Akstar respectively are pretty great as well.

• Options
    Can anyone that has AK Akstar load him up with human killer and in the favorite spot? Playing catch up for some more weapons to run through IW.

Would you rather have human killer on the weapon or have it be 2-handed?

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Good question, I'd assume killers would be better than the damage variance.

EDIT: Also what is the max killer value? Do buffs go on top of that?

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Buffs and Gear/Passives are unique. So you can go up to 300% on your gear+passives and theoretically you can buff up to 300% but I don't think any unit has a killer buff that high.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Ok. Ant EXT down. I just needed to delay spreading my killer buffs by one turn and make sure my primary damagers (SL Elena) had ice weapons. I also used Lilisette to do more buffing than gauge breaking. Thanks for those that setup NV Elena's for me.

• Options

I’ll set him up now.

• Options
    Done, set in favorite slot, human killer on both forms. If you need me to tweak anything just let me know.

• Options
    Done, set in favorite slot, human killer on both forms. If you need me to tweak anything just let me know.

What's your IG name? I thought you were BSHawk but it's still showing Tifa.

• Options

I've had that issue of units just not updating. Part of me thinks that the game updates the set friends once a day at reset or whenever, and won't show a newly set unit until whenever that update happens.

• Options
    I figured out how to get NV units from the EX 5*/NV tickets!
    Just think about saving it for one day so the new unit will be in the pool, go nah, it won't be an NV anyway, and then use the ticket! Guaranteed to make you regret not waiting a day and getting some other NV unit.
    Like I dunno, Gabranth, for example.... definitely just an example, in no way did I use my ticket early and waste an NV pull, oh ho no sir.

• Options

You are right, it’s just not updating for you yet I guess, he’s definitely in favorite slot:
    fldb1cg86cgi.jpeg

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Lorek wrote: »
    Just think about saving it for one day so the new unit will be in the pool, go nah, it won't be an NV anyway, and then use the ticket! Guaranteed to make you regret not waiting a day and getting some other NV unit.
    Like I dunno, Gabranth, for example.... definitely just an example, in no way did I use my ticket early and waste an NV pull, oh ho no sir.

Good news! JP has started making trials that actually need physical tanks! Your Gabranth may be useful in 4-5 months!

Cruor on
  • Options
    Lorek wrote: »

Halloween NV won’t be in the EX pool though will it?