Options

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Rius wrote: »
    Oh my god what a cool league theme
    The new skills and supports look like they slap hot ass as well.
    Screenshot2.jpg?key=opvWh1nQHDtTBVOFKO2ylQ
    Basically Profane Bloom support!
    Very hurty gloves!
    8p1gbezhagbd.png

Absalon on
  • Options
    "Alternate Quality Gems come from Grand Heist reward rooms and provide even more depth for existing Skill and Support Gems. Each existing Path of Exile gem has up to three Alternate Quality versions which grant different quality bonuses than the original gems. Some simply increase the power of the gem while others entirely change which builds most benefit from the gem."

What the flonk

• Options
    "Alternate Quality Gems come from Grand Heist reward rooms and provide even more depth for existing Skill and Support Gems. Each existing Path of Exile gem has up to three Alternate Quality versions which grant different quality bonuses than the original gems. Some simply increase the power of the gem while others entirely change which builds most benefit from the gem."

What the flonk
    They basically created a few trillion new potential build synergies or something, so I imagine a ton of new viable builds are on the way.
    1ll6fsafiiw3.png

• Options
    what the fuck chaos flameblast

GGG what have you done

I love chaos builds, I've always wanted to do a flameblast build, and The Consuming Dark is such a wonderful meme dagger

• Options
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    INJECT IT DIRECTLY INTO MY VEINS

d9gu8dhoapvw.jpg

Rius on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I absolutely want to use void sphere to pull enemies into flame wall. If there is any kind of alternate quality or way to convert flame wall to chaos damage, hoo boy... yesssssss

(She/Her)
  • Options

It doesn't work on bosses, but it looks like it will be sick for clearing and keeping on-death shit away from you in boss arenas.

• Options
    Absalon wrote: »

It doesn't work on bosses, but it looks like it will be sick for clearing and keeping on-death shit away from you in boss arenas.

no, see

My favorite build in d3 was Wand of Woh wizard with black hole thingies; the former part is autobomber ez but the latter part we've basically never had

now we do

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Screenshot3.jpg?key=VTuzrMOLD7dv2Nd8L-DFlw

Like, look at this glorious thing. Such fantastic burning.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    This flavor text, lol

w7xk5iet3ol6.png

hey its a Elemental Hit helm!

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    all im seeing are elemental hit buffs

ty ggg you a good man

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I love the idea of a Reverse Betrayal, assembling a team of silly, violent knuckleheads and arranging them for special tasks. Bane might be insane this league methinks.

Absalon on
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I haven’t tried curses nor impales yet, and both doom and call of steel sound really fun.

But curses would be most different from anything I’ve played yet, and I wonder if Call & Steel might end up feeling too similar to Warcry & Slam.

The heist stuff sounds really cool either way!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    320z30l7h9sf.png
    No sockets
    Holyshit% increased physical damage
    You are literally dumb as shit
    Your critical strike chance is Holyshit%

Absalon on
  • Options
    ahh yes

my 14 int build is being highlighted

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    There should be a replica Headhunter and it should intentionally be total dogshit

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Replica Tabula: exactly the same except it's pants instead of a shirt

• Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    This flavor text, lol

w7xk5iet3ol6.png

hey its a Elemental Hit helm!

Divine Flesh?

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    There should be a replica Headhunter and it should intentionally be total dogshit

enemies gain each others buffs on death

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Heist? You son of a bitch, I'm in.

Can't believe no one said that yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »

enemies gain each others buffs on death

Enemy buffs gained on death by map boss

edit: Enemy buffs given on death to map boss?

Rius on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Alternate quality skill gems are going to make me waste so much time in PoB.

Replica uniques look like fun as hell

Running heists seems like a mix between Delve and Betrayal safehouses

Yeah this one should be good

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I was reading about curses and one site said that certain enemies are immune, including a few map bosses, and that it is separate from hexproof.

I tried googling but- what would an occultist even do then? Is there any way to bypass that?

Edit: ohhh I think I found it- bane has curse tag but is not itself a curse? So they’d be killable but slower, that works.

Noggin on
  • Options
    ive been messing around with a sword and board serker for strike skills

maybe brutus str stacking too, using redblade shield for infinite warbringer procs + power

ancestral cry gets you like 9 exerted attacks which warbringer gives+50% more dmg too

good lord

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I'm so glad to see y'all are as excited about this as I am. The subreddit is very sad.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I don't understand this game enough to have any opinion on changes to the game. Other than harvest crafting good, will miss.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Oh yes, I’m very excited. Mapping is my favorite feature so “‘mapping’ while you level” is HYPE.

Plus the extra layer of risk/reward, the specialized NPC support, and escaping sound great... like Invisible Inc. the ARPG.

A LOT of the negativity I saw was around “stealth is stupid” when they’ve already said you don’t have to.

• Options
    Roz wrote: »
    I'm so glad to see y'all are as excited about this as I am. The subreddit is very sad.

reddit in general is awful

new league looks hype af

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I dont know what the subreddit is smoking half the time, I always have a blast at league start.

Some people just want to be angry all the time about a video game that's better maintained than 99% of all other games on the market.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I mean, I can understand some skepticism. PoE and stealth are not exactly things you expect to find together. But until we actually play the thing there's no way to tell how well it'll work.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »

The subreddit will always be sad unless GGG says we're going back to 1.3 or some shit

I kind of find it insufferable to be on there when new content is announced, because the main complaint is always "WHY IS THIS BUILD I'M NOT PLAYING SUPERFICIALLY BETTER THAN THE ONE I AM?"

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    *GGG shows off cool new item with build-defining potential*

subreddit: lol 1 alch item

What a miserable existence that must be.

(Then some steamer makes two weeks worth of entertaining content building around it)

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Not to disagree with any of that, but Bex is really active there and you can easily use the GGG flair and GGGCommentBot to sift through the garbage to see more answers and teases.

Like I don’t think I’d heard yet that alternate quality gems are only from a specific room in grand heists that you can reveal on blueprints with intel.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Noggin wrote: »
    Not to disagree with any of that, but Bex is really active there and you can easily use the GGG flair and GGGCommentBot to sift through the garbage to see more answers and teases.

Like I don’t think I’d heard yet that alternate quality gems are only from a specific room in grand heists that you can reveal on blueprints with intel.

Bex is a universal good. If I have any complaints with GGG, PoE, or anything associated with it, it is likely never to be about Bex.

She's posted on Twitter about how shit the reddit can be sometimes, though not in those words specifically... at least not often

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYnSlfMJcs4
    That trailer music. You know you need it.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Does this mean I can finally try and make a Steel Ranger work, or will it still be Champion or bust?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    I mean, I can understand some skepticism. PoE and stealth are not exactly things you expect to find together. But until we actually play the thing there's no way to tell how well it'll work.

Also, GGG seems to be saying that the stealth elements are almost entirely fluff rather than actual mechanics, that killing people doesn't actually raise the alert meter very much at all. Now, you are entirely correct even given what they're saying that it depends a lot on how it actually works in practice, but GGG definitely seems aware that stealth mechanics aren't a good fit.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    Etiowsa wrote: »

Also, GGG seems to be saying that the stealth elements are almost entirely fluff rather than actual mechanics, that killing people doesn't actually raise the alert meter very much at all. Now, you are entirely correct even given what they're saying that it depends a lot on how it actually works in practice, but GGG definitely seems aware that stealth mechanics aren't a good fit.

I watched the ZiggyD interview with Chris, and he said the stealth was more of a decision around how many rooms of the complex you decide to loot before going for the treasure. The more rooms you loot, the more avenues you're opening up for additional guards at the end to flood in. And since you lose everything in your inventory that you looted when you die, that's the risk vs reward. It's not necessarily about avoiding guard patrols stealthily, although I did see some of that in the trailer, so we'll see!

I think everyone is freaking out over very little, I think GGG is very aware that stealth is a bad fit for their game.

Steam: Spawnbroker