As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    huh, EVERY league-exclusive unique (other than boss uniques) are now in the regular drop pool and are chance-able, not just specific ones

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    League theme music.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=achS_sJ7tYA
    New Abyss Scarabs indicates that (lore speculation)
    Jun's Order of the Djinn was founded by Ahkeli, someone from the primeval civilization that preceded the Vaal (the blue ruins in Delve). The Scarabs reference the "Winter of the World" that was ended by the three sisters, and that ice age was likely what forced the Primevals to stay underneath the surface. It also indicated that the Primeval civilization of Ahn, Aul and Ahkeli was undone by the Abyss monsters, and that Ahkeli helped the Maraketh survive the Abyssals' return to the surface by teaching them about Golems and the various relics the Order of the Djinn hunted after.

Remember how Oyun, Sekhema of the Maraketh, treats you to a Golem gem of your choice during Act 4?

Absalon on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I saw "sacrifice 4x Nurse for a chance for double cards" and immediately knew who was going to use those!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Did the Q&A say anything about whether a trial that you get from using an offering in the map device will also have an offering in it, thus letting you repeat?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    Did the Q&A say anything about whether a trial that you get from using an offering in the map device will also have an offering in it, thus letting you repeat?

It did not. I wonder if they even have the system to check for that.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    So if you have 6k Max life and get into low life you can get 120 flat added phys from a level 1 support okay then uh huh okay, sure sir and madam, that is, sure, yeah, why not.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    its like an incentive to int

beautiful

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Also with petrified blood you never reach full life so leech is always on.

Absalon on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Also with petrified blood you never reach full life so leech is always on.

If that's how it actually works that's crazy strong. Rory didn't sound 100% confident on that specific detail.

The reason Soul Tether is 5000% more expensive in HC than in SC is that life leech being buffered for you has been an incredibly strong defense for many leagues now. I can see Petrified Blood having too much downside to use effectively in HC (although.... hmm) but not having to sacrifice Headhunter belt slot for it in SC might make this pretty popular there.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    The animation on that scythe skill might be too excellent to pass up

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Super newbie here and trying to learn as I go along. I'm using this as a guide for a necromancer: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/path-of-exile-witch-guide-beginner-build-for-necromancer

I'm not seeing these passive skills in the tree though. Am I looking in the wrong place? Is there a better guide to follow? Even the "newbie" guides I find are almost a foreign language to me here.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Super newbie here and trying to learn as I go along. I'm using this as a guide for a necromancer: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/path-of-exile-witch-guide-beginner-build-for-necromancer

I'm not seeing these passive skills in the tree though. Am I looking in the wrong place? Is there a better guide to follow? Even the "newbie" guides I find are almost a foreign language to me here.

That's a pretty poor guide IMO, more of a general guideline of "here's what to kind of look at" with no specifics which is where all the problems lie. I use guides that provide a more complete skill tree, though I understand there is a segment of folks who think you need to torture yourself by figuring it out yourself, so if you're one of those then you can ignore this.

If you want to go necro I find Esoro's guides to be awesome, you'll need to download the Path of Building utility which is a huge help, link is in his video description. He's got a ton of other classes too if you're not married to the necromancer idea, all of his recent ones are updated for the current league and can get into endgame content.

https://youtu.be/6T1ndsDe2KM

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Thanks! I will check this out.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    I'm watchin the Q&A, and Chris Wilson still demands that I click lots ;-;

I've skipped a lot of leagues cause playing PoE every league seemed like a way to get RSI/Carpal Tunnel, and welp I don't have many lines in the sand about life but a video game can't be the reason I get a permanent injury like that. I hope his decluttering initiative helps by the time PoE2 comes around

• Options
    Oh wow, the Blight scarabs tell us that Dhunan, the Djinn member responsible for fighting the blight,
    told the order he comes from a place call Aesclast.

Wraeclast basically means "punishment (wræc) path (last)" or "exile path" if you go by old English.

Aesclast would translate to "ash path" or "ship path" if old English is anything to go by.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Who Wants to Be a Millionaire update looks fun, especially by working in groups and being able to open more trials.

I was considering doing phys-something anyway so these new skills may be good incentive.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Dual Dreadbeak Champion with First to Strike, Petrified Blood and Bloodthirst, using Divination Distillate for free IIQ and to get over the low life threshold when needed?

Absalon on
  • Options
    Carpy wrote: »

General's Cry scythe skill? Just a whole field of scythes?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    These new skills may be amusing on totems

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Brody wrote: »

Unfortunately no can do - Reap is a spell (I was surprised by this as well), General's Cry only works with linked attacks.

Absalon on
  • Options

Unfortunately no can do - Reap is a spell (I was surprised by this as well), General's Cry only works with linked attacks.

https://i.imgur.com/3KsRXjE.png

20% more life cost per blood charge. I'm gonna die so many times levelling with that.

• Options

https://i.imgur.com/3KsRXjE.png

20% more life cost per blood charge. I'm gonna die so many times levelling with that.

We'll have to see how much it costs when its fully supported, I guess. 200% increased life cost for hitting 10 targets is definitely a big number.

How much conversion of physical to cold is available. Is occultist reaper something we can do w/o too much effort, or should I be looking at Jugg or fire conv Chieftain?

• Options
    Listening to the Q and A, and Chris talking about wanting a bunch of things on the floor and all that, and I guess my main thing, is I just wish there were more robust ways to filter things in my inventory. Like with the ritual box. Give me a way to create a filter so once I've id'd all this shit (or also, just fucking scrap the ID scrolls(and portal scrolls)), but give the me option to more aggressively filter like "show rings with weird mods, or 50%+ ele resist and a t1 EHP mod". That way I'm not trying to stop and read each item, because its really hard for me personally to sift through all the words on a six mod item and figure out whether its actually useful or not.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah in ritual I stopped picking up items except for boss drops and I was much happier. So much crap drops.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Ya I’m definitely raising the strictness this time.

Still not sure if I’ll go for one of the new skills or try EQ bleed.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    EQ Bleed with Cruelty looks super fun, and I've liked that build in general.

EDIT: also gives access to Vaal EQ, which is always fun, even without buffs!

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I kind of want to play something with big health pools this league, thinking maybe chieftain or jugg something.

Also, I wish it was April 18 or w/e already

Brody on

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I kind of want to play something with big health pools this league, thinking maybe chieftain or jugg something.

I did a CoC Inquisitor last league that took me to 98 in HC. Over 11k combined life and ES with loads of defense. Around 2 mil DPS but it could go to 4 mil if I ever finished the gear, and you could sacrifice some defense to get a lot more damage while still being super tanky. Smooth one button mapping.

I'll see if I can get a PoB up for it

Here you go:

https://pastebin.com/1HiwbcxW

On poe.ninja: https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/aresprophet/PermaCoCisDead?i=37&search=class=Inquisitor

I wrote up a bit more but Chrome ate my edit, rip me. Suffice to say, this was a really cheap and easy build to get up and running especially for CoC, it scaled extremely well with more gear, and played very smooth. One button for Cyclone, one button held for Vortex to generate power charges and maintain Arcane Surge. Most of the gear is totally doable without 3.13 Harvest, just the chest would be tricky. You can get a ton more damage in SC by dropping a bit of life and block, going from 2.1mil to 3mil easily. It doesn't need flasks to be tanky and has a huge HP pool protected by layers of defense.

I was really happy with how this one turned out, and wish I'd stuck with the league long enough to finish the gear and push to 99. Probably not 100 because it's too much of a grind, but 98 in HC is an achievement I'm quite happy with.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Did you make that build yourself or is there a guide that you followed? I am still a total rookie, and a pob with no notes is not enough for me to understand what is going on in a build, and this sounds interesting and I'd like to know more. : )

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    HexDex wrote: »
    Did you make that build yourself or is there a guide that you followed? I am still a total rookie, and a pob with no notes is not enough for me to understand what is going on in a build, and this sounds interesting and I'd like to know more. : )

I put that together myself. I've got about 6000 hours in the game so I'm pretty comfortable with trial and error and have a decent feel for what I'm trying to do. I got inspired by a CoC Martyr build I saw a non-PoE-exclusive streamer do in Heist and then with the Inquisitor buffs I thought I could make it really good for HC.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Okay I played enough Last Epoch that now I'll be tryin out the new rewards system in 3.14 for sure, maybe doin SSF for the first time.

https://youtu.be/0wbUiVAQxLo

Wow, I really didn't expect this, I do hope the future of PoE itemization does something to fix this.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    League rewards:
    12 challenges: Just the Trialmaster's helmet. Looks good but is a bit too dark.
    24: Birdfriend. As you may have imagined, birdfriend is red.
    36: Trialmaster's portal from the trailer where he shows up. That is a pretty cool portal.

So-so.

I am expecting nerfs on Blade Vortex, Vaal Blade Vortex, Bladefall, Bladeblast, and The Surrender, and life/ES gain on block will become flat rather than percent. No idea what happens to ascendancies.

Absalon on
  • Options
    How hard/expensive is it to scale traps in the end game? I recall Arc Trap/mines being fucking easy for leveling cause everything just explodes everywhere?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

I did a CoC Inquisitor last league that took me to 98 in HC. Over 11k combined life and ES with loads of defense. Around 2 mil DPS but it could go to 4 mil if I ever finished the gear, and you could sacrifice some defense to get a lot more damage while still being super tanky. Smooth one button mapping.

I'll see if I can get a PoB up for it

Here you go:

https://pastebin.com/1HiwbcxW

On poe.ninja: https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/aresprophet/PermaCoCisDead?i=37&search=class=Inquisitor

I wrote up a bit more but Chrome ate my edit, rip me. Suffice to say, this was a really cheap and easy build to get up and running especially for CoC, it scaled extremely well with more gear, and played very smooth. One button for Cyclone, one button held for Vortex to generate power charges and maintain Arcane Surge. Most of the gear is totally doable without 3.13 Harvest, just the chest would be tricky. You can get a ton more damage in SC by dropping a bit of life and block, going from 2.1mil to 3mil easily. It doesn't need flasks to be tanky and has a huge HP pool protected by layers of defense.

I was really happy with how this one turned out, and wish I'd stuck with the league long enough to finish the gear and push to 99. Probably not 100 because it's too much of a grind, but 98 in HC is an achievement I'm quite happy with.

How long does that take to kill Sirus?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Not just the balance menifesto, but the womenifesto and the childrenifesto too! Your builds are for animals, and we slaughtered them like animals!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3079632

Mine skills now have both a mana cost and mana reservation.
    Flesh and Stone? 35 percent of your little blue globes, messieursdames.
    Elder bleed and poison mods? No.

And that is just the amuse bouche, kids! Blade Vortex, Blade Blast, Toxic Rain, General's Cry with Channelled skills, Seismic Cry, Carrion Golem, and Vitality are all seeing the chaplain walking down the corridor!

Absalon on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    How hard/expensive is it to scale traps in the end game? I recall Arc Trap/mines being fucking easy for leveling cause everything just explodes everywhere?

Traps are one of the easier builds to scale, they require almost no investment to do all content. It's kind of silly how easy mines/traps is compared to other types of builds. Every time I've tried it, I've just gotten bored because it feels like saboteurs could play the game naked and be just fine :rotate:

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Not just the balance menifesto, but the womenifesto and the childrenifesto too! Your builds are for animals, and we slaughtered them like animals!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3079632

Mine skills now have both a mana cost and mana reservation.
    Flesh and Stone? 35 percent of your little blue globes, messieursdames.
    Elder bleed and poison mods? No.

And that is just the amuse bouche, kids! Blade Vortex, Blade Blast, Toxic Rain, General's Cry with Channelled skills, Seismic Cry, Carrion Golem, and Vitality are all seeing the chaplain walking down the corridor!

Oh fuck, they murdered Bows for chaos DoT!

• Options
    Yeah, as we all know scaling ED for endgame was so easy and cheap with the right bows Kappa kappa kappa

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    fFJumHt.png
    lmfao

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    fFJumHt.png
    lmfao
    GGG wrote:
    ...Per Diemon notable has been moved to Glennach Cairns at a slightly lowered value, as the pun was too good not to keep.

This got me too