As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] What We Do in the Shadows (Beyond Light expansion coming Nov. 10!)

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Huggles wrote: »
    Punch newts: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49341

E: not a lot to report, really.

The Emissary Whisperer Triumph has been removed.

D'oh.

I saw that and was like "Was that not supposed to be there? Or is the Emissary just bugged and they can't get it to work?"

Papagander wrote: »
    They fixed Emissary Triumph by removing it, but isn't Contact: Heavy Hitters still broken as well? I didn't see it mentioned.

They said they fixed it last patch. It's just that the boss last week was the one everyone already had tracked. You'd have to check this week to see if it's still bugged.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Punch newts: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49341

E: not a lot to report, really.

The Emissary Whisperer Triumph has been removed.

D'oh.

I saw that and was like "Was that not supposed to be there? Or is the Emissary just bugged and they can't get it to work?"

Papagander wrote: »
    They fixed Emissary Triumph by removing it, but isn't Contact: Heavy Hitters still broken as well? I didn't see it mentioned.

They said they fixed it last patch. It's just that the boss last week was the one everyone already had tracked. You'd have to check this week to see if it's still bugged.

It did for me when I killed the Howler an hour ago.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Ah ty both. I looked briefly online today too after seeing the patch notes, but somehow still missed mention of it.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Huh so something's bugged and the Means To An End quest on my main seemed to be completed already. When I went to pick it up it spat out the pinnacle without me needing to do the quest.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Maybe you got so distracted by the Ruinous Effigy quest that you never bothered to pick up the Means reward?

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I've tried Dragon's Shadow, and it's nice, but you feel sluggish anytime you don't have the buff up. It's certainly good if you're Always Dodging, but then I found myself without a dodge when I needed it most. It doesn't top Max Mobility/Sixth Coyote imo.

Agreed. I found myself dodging just to keep the buff active.

Nowadays I dodge and drop bombs. Much happier.

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Maybe you got so distracted by the Ruinous Effigy quest that you never bothered to pick up the Means reward?

I'm maybe 90% sure I picked up the reward last week. Something screwy did happen when I loaded up my alts. One of their quests to pick up the seed from Drifter seemed to get transferred to my main, and the next step just sort of hung uncompleteable at the recaster. Did this week's Interference on an alt and got last week's scene with Zavala visiting again, but talking to Eris again triggered this week's new lore entry OK.

So, working maybe? I'm hoping it'll flush itself out next reset. I've still got the quest to visit the recaster in my main's quest log though...

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »

I'm maybe 90% sure I picked up the reward last week. Something screwy did happen when I loaded up my alts. One of their quests to pick up the seed from Drifter seemed to get transferred to my main, and the next step just sort of hung uncompleteable at the recaster. Did this week's Interference on an alt and got last week's scene with Zavala visiting again, but talking to Eris again triggered this week's new lore entry OK.

So, working maybe? I'm hoping it'll flush itself out next reset. I've still got the quest to visit the recaster in my main's quest log though...

Well, considering they were worried that folks who hadn't completed Interference two weeks ago would be locked out of the Effigy quest, I reckon whatever malady afflicted your game was related to whatever concerned them.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    did a couple of crucibles u can still increase ur melee range with icarus dash hurrah

bow and fighting lion still optimal i will hear no dissent + bonus footage of how long can u survive just pressing melee and praying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-xq1NaHGI

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Finally got around to making my first attempt at solo flawless Prophecy last night. I was running my warlock with Well for massive self-healing.

Died a couple of times on the first boss. Both times stupid shit like falling off the platform. Got him easy on the 3rd try and then died in the Cube after getting overwhelmed on my first attempt. I was just gonna push through to the end at this point and work on strategies though so I tried again and got it without deaths on the second try. Made it all the way to the final boss before dying again.

First few boss attempts were a real shitshow. I was running my usual loadout for the fight in a 3-man team of mountaintop/gnawing hunger/anarchy but while the boss dps was pretty good, clearing the rooms was a real pain. Keeping the psions under control was just a real problem and once there are enough of them running around it becomes noticeably much harder to stay alive. I switched to Witherhoard/Gnawing Hunger/Falling Guillotine and was doing much better. Unfortunately I could only get about 1/4 of the bosses health per run so it became a 4 phase fight which is 1 more then I was hoping for. Not sure how to do more though. Witherhoard definitely felt like the star of the show in terms of keeping the mote rooms clear of enemies.

In general I'd say, in all 3 boss fights, the #1 issue was keeping the fucking red-bar ads in check. With all the self-healing and the taken/hive barrier and major resist mods and such I felt pretty survivable against the knights and such. But the swarm ads every major fight throws at you quickly overwhelmed me if I didn't step on them fast.

Gonna go back later in the week and try some more. The plan this season is to nail all 3 dungeon solo flawless runs.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Bungie needs to make a Ruinous Effigy game mode. Dunks are +2 pts

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I don't know how folks do solo runs of anything. I tried out Pit of Heresey last night solo, having never done it before. Dumping entire clips of ammo into red-bars is just not viable. And when I watch videos I see people just wasting these dudes like they're normal enemies. I dunno if my loadout just blows or what.

Only semi-related: I guess 21% Delerium is the hotness? I guess I should finish that quest?

Also: anybody on PS4 want to do Pit of Heresy and/or Prophecy on Friday? Any time.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm also working on trying to solo dungeons. I tackled Shattered Throne tonight and got to Vorgeth. He's a real asshole, isn't it? Anyone have tips for this? It seems like most guides were written over a year ago and there's a lot of fun new guns. First death was getting booped into the chasm by a damn ogre of course. But once I beat the whole thing I'll try again for flawless once I know I can do it. There's apparently a cheese to skip vorgeth but I couldn't get it to work.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I think it helps if you stack specific mods, some that are only available on older armor if you have them. Things like Oppressive Darkness mod from the Artifact help big time. Both Arteen and Elki I know have shown off their builds/loadouts for solo dungeon stuff.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Vorgeth is the real boss of Shattered Throne solo, imo as a warlock. If you can single-phase him (which might be easier now that there's more options for high burst dps than whisper and sleeper simulant) it makes it so so much easier. I wasn't able to when I did it back in the day and the part where everything spawns back in at the end of the dps phase is the most dangerous part of the fight.

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    You can 1-phase Vorgeth with Well and a sword (doesn't have to be a guillotine).

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    i feel like most of the dungeons dont need any particularly optimised setups u just need to know the fights

i did pit of heresy solo flawless with my normal build (shotgun/bow + fighting lion + black armoury sword + top tree dawnblade) bar a swap from ophidians to karnstein armlets for sustain, that one is especially just about knowing how to sneak through as quickly as possible so u can restart quickly and the fight mechanics

shattered throne was more of a slog

doing both now they have removed a lot of skating stuff would be much slower tho rip - there used to be lots of good skips etc to speed up repeat attempts

EDIT: thinking about it other stuff i found helpful

overshield finisher + health regen on picking up light orb + one of the "super on x kill" mods

idk if this is still true but at the time a lot of the bigger enemies could be infinitely stunlocked with midair sword heavies eg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdflM1ergl0

they might have adjusted it but really useful for dealing with big bois

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I remember shooting Vorgeth to death with Sleeper Simulant, back in the day.

It ain't much DPS, but it's honest work.

• Options
    i feel like most of the dungeons dont need any particularly optimised setups u just need to know the fights

i did pit of heresy solo flawless with my normal build (shotgun/bow + fighting lion + black armoury sword + top tree dawnblade) bar a swap from ophidians to karnstein armlets for sustain, that one is especially just about knowing how to sneak through as quickly as possible so u can restart quickly and the fight mechanics

shattered throne was more of a slog

doing both now they have removed a lot of skating stuff would be much slower tho rip - there used to be lots of good skips etc to speed up repeat attempts

The real enemy of solo flawless dungeon runs is the slog. Dear fucking god it takes so damn long. ST especially gets real tedious after a few attempts.

• Options
    this bow looks like a fukken sword

sympathetic armoury kinda nuts on a bow though? that has 540 draw time

k97oks7faio8.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    it looks dumb and i hate the sight so i can't bring myself to use it

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Any chance anyone has a spot open for a raid this weekend? I haven't done any since Destiny 1 and would love to get some from 2 in before they all get disappeared this fall. I'm on PC and PS4

Kanden on
  • Options
    Kanden wrote: »
    Any chance anyone has a spot open for a raid this weekend? I haven't done any since Destiny 1 and would love to get some from 2 in before they all get disappeared this fall. I'm on PC and PS4

My group (PS4) is often in need of a sixth; we’re currently intending to raid Sunday @9pm EST, though we tend to be very “approximate” with our start times.

If the above sounds amenable, let me know and we should be able to slot you in.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Sounds like a plan, I'm Slippery_Nik on PSN, got a hotdog avatar if that helps any. Let me know which ones I need to study up on on youtube

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »
    it looks dumb and i hate the sight so i can't bring myself to use it

Between the new bows and swords, we are veering veeeeeeery close to anime weapon territory.

Which I am in favour of.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular

So just a heads up, you only need 28 of 30 triumphs for the MMXX Moments of Triumph title.

If you're new and don't have enough triumph score, you'll have to do all the other 28 triumphs.

But longtime players can skip 2 triumphs (like the Trials matches)

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Seems like a decent number of the 2020 Triumps are actually not from 2020. Feels weird.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    So... i'm sort of interested in giving this a go. I used to play warframe, and ended up hating it (Felt like it was built on rotting foundations, so fucking grindy, high level content was unbalanced and boring). I did like Warframe's feel, mostly.

If i'm sticking my toes into Destiny 2, what can i expect? What sort of finical costs are am looking at? I know it's free to pay, tbut there's pay to play expansions? what are the micotranscations like?

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Everything from Year 1 is basically free at the moment alongside access to every piece of PvP the game has to offer. If you want Year 2/3 stuff, check out the Destiny 2 Upgrade edition which has both minus anything not Year 3 Season Pass-only.

Keep in mind that you'll likely wanna try the Year 1 story-campaigns right now before September since many of their locations are gonna be retired for the time being once September's Beyond Light expansion kicks off Year 4.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    A large portion of the game is free, but you won't get many of the toys without buying the expansions (Forsaken, Shadowkeep). Now's a great time to check it out, since a lot of the free (older) stuff is being removed from the game in a couple months.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    So... i'm sort of interested in giving this a go. I used to play warframe, and ended up hating it (Felt like it was built on rotting foundations, so fucking grindy, high level content was unbalanced and boring). I did like Warframe's feel, mostly.

If i'm sticking my toes into Destiny 2, what can i expect? What sort of finical costs are am looking at? I know it's free to pay, tbut there's pay to play expansions? what are the micotranscations like?

if you dive into the F2P version right now you'll get access to the original campaign and the first two DLC campaigns(Curse of Osiris and Warmind), all patrol zones and most(?) activities. currently available larger expansions are Forsaken and Shadowkeep which each come with their own campaigns and coming at the end of September will be Beyond Light. you can also purchase the current season for extra story content and gear.

a lot of that will chance come September though as they'll be retiring a ton of old content when Beyond Light releases. so if you're curious now would be the best time to dip you're toe in and see if you want to buy into the more recent content.

micro-transactions are all just cosmetic and most can be bought with an in game currency if you keep an eye on the store as items rotate through it. there are a few things that require the premium currency but unless you see something you really want then its not something to worry about. they are making changes to cosmetic with the next major expansion though and we don't know what, if any, effect that will have on how micro-transactions are structured.

• Options
    edited July 2020

i play randomly when the spirit moves me and its basically just base game + expansions with a free to play taster really

not a huge expense from that point of view and i have never really felt i needed to pay for anything extra

also i didnt realise i had trinity ghoul catalyst and randomly pulled it out to get the arc bounty in crucible and that shits comedy u can literally get one kill then chain shots into the floor and collect bodies?? why does the random splash do that much damage in pvp?? probably old news but hey it made me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym3UIjB3nCk

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    For those of you who are filthy PC casuals (like me) but want to try group content, I just tried out Bungie's own group finder site, right here, for the very first time.

Found a PC fireteam advertising the thing I wanted (Whisper Heroic), typed /join and pasted in the steam ID, and boom - fireteam'd up. We knocked it out, exchanged a GG, and we were off to other stuff. Totally painless. Would LFG again.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    55Hoib0.png
    RIP you beautiful chest armor. Gone before you even had a chance to live.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    55Hoib0.png
    RIP you beautiful chest armor. Gone before you even had a chance to live.
    Yeah I've had a number of disgustingly nice rolls drop that are dead on arrival.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    The best part of all this is Mountaintop is still gonna ruin general queues forever, like a ghost of Bungie's past mistakes

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    For those of you who are filthy PC casuals (like me) but want to try group content, I just tried out Bungie's own group finder site, right here, for the very first time.

Found a PC fireteam advertising the thing I wanted (Whisper Heroic), typed /join and pasted in the steam ID, and boom - fireteam'd up. We knocked it out, exchanged a GG, and we were off to other stuff. Totally painless. Would LFG again.

This is awesome, thanks. Might actually be able to get something together to get Wish Ender!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    it still cracks me up that Mountaintop exists as a legendary. It could straight up be converted to an exotic with zero changes and it would still see plenty of use.

• Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    it still cracks me up that Mountaintop exists as a legendary. It could straight up be converted to an exotic with zero changes and it would still see plenty of use.

Honestly this is what they should have done, rather than this crappy yearly sunsetting, with a million different LL armor pieces to sift through.

Making all the pinnacles into Exotics helps balance them, without taking them away from people who busted ass to earn them. Same would have been fine for NF/Luna's but now nobody uses them lmao

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    You know, I just realized; what's gonna happen to Trials when Mercury's put away?