As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Day the Music Died - Act I: Rock Rebellion - A [Phalla] - It's Over!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    What was the vote count, and why did we kill Invictus?

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I was well ahead, so I'm as confused as anyone.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    CJ - 5
    Invictus - 2

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Woah, we're half way there
    Woah, livin' on a prayer...

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    I straight up put my whole house saying in the thread but no one contacted me .... so, there we go

(Maybe I was too subtle)

I think I found it:
    Hello, fine thank you. I am also mafia. How do you do?

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    That's wild. Either CJ has/had some inherent vote immunity ability and is lying about it, or there are some big vote manipulation abilities in play (big for this size of game, anyway).

I...don't love either of those options, honestly.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    If your house has the same name as one of the trinity, I believe we are housemates!! Message me!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    That's a pretty strong vote manip. Either to save CJ because they are mafia or because they are village and we will spend all day on that.

Hey, Blue-Sizzle, what was this all about?
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Harkon to me villagers
    Fools are we all and one
    Where the vocal are silenced
    While the quiet help none.

The votes have been cast now
    The die set and hot
    A true fair decision
    It never had a shot

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Well it's black.
    CJ the killer man

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm not vote immune to my knowledge, so someone with bus driver shenanigans presumably wanted Invictus dead and/or me alive.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Hmmm......I think I've been missing people's posts on houses. :( Maybe I'm not deep thinking enough?

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    shalmelo wrote: »
    That's wild. Either CJ has/had some inherent vote immunity ability and is lying about it, or there are some big vote manipulation abilities in play (big for this size of game, anyway).

I...don't love either of those options, honestly.

3-strength vote manip is bogus, so I think something else

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    One time immunity?

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Anyway.
    I'm more interested in Phyphor's death.
    If his house has been cleared of partisans and he was looking to radicalise his house, did no-one reach out to him?
    Or did he die before his power fired?

The order of operations is as follows: ???->Elimination Vote->???->Propaganda->Word of the Trinity->Thunderstruck->Divide and Conquer->Electric Eye->???

I guess no-one talked to him?

discrider on
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    That's a pretty strong vote manip. Either to save CJ because they are mafia or because they are village and we will spend all day on that.

Harkon to me villagers
    Fools are we all and one

The die set and hot
    A true fair decision
    It never had a shot

Strong Vote manip is a thing allegedly. Though it was supposed to have swung elsewhere as proof.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    There could also be a gaurd. Maybe someone guarded CJ? Or could just be mafia shenanigans. It would seem like a lot of manipulation if vote min was a thing. Bus driver is also potential, but I am leaning toward guard more. Feels more natural for a guard to protect someone if they felt CJ was village. Or again mafia could have bus driver abilities and didn't want CJ to die.

Edit: Typos are the worst

MamaWolf on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular

Harkon to me villagers
    Fools are we all and one

The die set and hot
    A true fair decision
    It never had a shot

Strong Vote manip is a thing allegedly. Though it was supposed to have swung elsewhere as proof.

Who was the supposed to be target and why was it changed? Hitting Invictus feels decidedly anti-village. Maybe that's just me.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Anyway.
    If his house has been cleared of partisans and he was looking to radicalise his house, did no-one reach out to him?

The order of operations is as follows: ???->Elimination Vote->???->Propaganda->Word of the Trinity->Thunderstruck->Divide and Conquer->Electric Eye->???

I know for sure someone talked to him. Also if he was a "Partisan" maybe that's Divide and Conquer? Either way doesn't SOUND very village-y despite dying a shade of green.

• Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    There could also be a gaurd. Maybe someone guarded CJ? Or could just be mafia shenanigans. It would seem like a lot of manipulation if vote min was a thing. Bus driver is also potential, but I am leaning toward guard more. Feels more natural for a guard to protect someone if they felt CJ was village. Or again mafia could have bus driver abilities and didn't want CJ to die.

Vote guard and vote bus-driver are EXTREMELY rare... possibly never seen before? Vote manip or vote immunity make the most sense imo.

• Options
    CJ - 5
    Invictus - 2

Anyone else have 2?

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular

Harkon to me villagers
    Fools are we all and one

The die set and hot
    A true fair decision
    It never had a shot

Swung elsewhere to whom?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    JPants wrote: »

Vote guard and vote bus-driver are EXTREMELY rare... possibly never seen before? Vote manip or vote immunity make the most sense imo.

Well when you put it that way. I know I am one to do such a thing. I think I did that in one of my phalla before I knew what I was doing. Maybe not? It's been a while.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Then again, role-block + mafia'd seems like a double tap that would happen on self-proclaimed village force multiplier

discrider on
  • Options
    It also may have been before balance checking as well

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

Harkon to me villagers
    Fools are we all and one

The die set and hot
    A true fair decision
    It never had a shot

Swung elsewhere to whom?

I am not at liberty to say, just that this was not the called outcome. The evidence some weird votey thing happened suggests it's not a unique power.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Day 1 Count

5 Cj iwakura – discrider (9), Invictus (25), Gizzy (26), JPants (27), JusticforPluto (28)
    2 Jdarksun – shalmelo (6), Lostninja (13)
    2 Heffling – cj iwakura (8), Phyphor (22)
    2 Wildcat – Gizzy (18), Zombie Hero (23), premium (24)
    2 Invictus – Auralynx (29), kime (30)

1 Obifett – Bluecyan (1)
    1 Shalmelo – jdarksun (2)
    1 JusticeforPluto – Wildcat (3)
    1 Green – mamawolf (4), mamawolf (16)
    1 Bluecyan – Heffling (5)
    1 PhyphorGizzy (12), Invictus (14), romanqwerty (15)
    1 Romanqwerty – ObiFett (17)
    1 Zombie Hero – 38thDoe (21)

0 Mamawolf – discrider (7)
    0 Kime – romanqwerty (10), JPants (19)
    0 Discrider – mamawolf (11)
    0 Gizzy – Auralynx (20)

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Cj Iwakura because he won the day 1 vote and didn't die.

• Options
    I suppose we could ask whether we kill the vote-immune SK or let the Mafia kill him.

• Options

I've been a vote guard once. I could guard any kill and the vote. I could also guard myself.

You uhh.... wanna guess how that game ended, lol?

Steam profile
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Tarzan Boy is apparently an Italian New Wave one-hit wonder's song, evidently. Some real deep cuts in evidence here.

Interesting that the mafia got AC / DC.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Anyway.

I know for sure someone talked to him. Also if he was a "Partisan" maybe that's Divide and Conquer? Either way doesn't SOUND very village-y despite dying a shade of green.

Divide and conquer sounds more accurate if his goal was to turn it into a faction game.

This also means that we probably need to be much more careful about who we verify ourselves to within our house (unless you are in the House That Heaven Built apparently) even though that’s the best way to win against the mafia.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    We might have a NWOBHM or Punk house, based on things that released in '82, with the last one a personal favorite I'm surprised I got an excuse to post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxnN05vOuSM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-qYYZrky1Y
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3vnQluFouU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMwsadlUHCE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usnwN2Z5RGk

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Tarzan Boy is apparently an Italian New Wave one-hit wonder's song, evidently. Some real deep cuts in evidence here.

The factions are:
    The Father - Classical
    The Son - Folk
    The Holy Ghost - Jazz

Rock and Roll is controlled and shared by the Trinity, but has in it rebellion, which is what the Mafia represents.

Tommy & Gina are from Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi, and Tarzan Boy is a pop song from an Italian group called Baltimora in 1985.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Heffling wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

The factions are:
    The Father - Classical
    The Son - Folk
    The Holy Ghost - Jazz

Rock and Roll is controlled and shared by the Trinity, but has in it rebellion, which is what the Mafia represents.

Tommy & Gina are from Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi, and Tarzan Boy is a pop song from an Italian group called Baltimora in 1985.

Point of Order, though: Electric Eye is on Screaming for Vengeance, so I think we can theorize that the House of 1982 controls it within reason.

E: In fact, screw it. Here it is with The Hellion, which is basically an intro track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhvzMGDzt70

Auralynx on
  • Options
    I'll throw this out there to prevent any going down the wrong rabbit hole. I'm House of 1982 and my role has nothing to do with 1982.

Also, every genre falls under one of the 3 patrons, Folk, Classic and Jazz were just the 3 that were explicitly stated. Rock & Roll is the only genre that spans all 3 patrons/houses, every other genre is under just one. At least based on the opening narration.
    Locus wrote: »
    Among the three of them, the world was divided. To the Father went Classical. To the Son went Folk. To the Holy Ghost went Jazz. And so on it went, each genre in its turn was bestowed to one of the Trinity, for each of them to guide and protect and cherish. Every genre that ever was, or ever will be.

But Rock and Roll was special, for Rock and Roll was precious to each of the Trinity. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost could each lay claim to Rock and Roll, and Rock and Roll could lay claim to each of them. But Rock and Roll also possessed a rebellious spirit. It chafed at control, at containment. It chafed at stagnation. The Trinity represented control. It represented containment. With that control and containment would inevitably come stagnation.

• Options
    Day 1 Count

5 Cj iwakura – discrider (9), Invictus (25), Gizzy (26), JPants (27), JusticforPluto (28)
    2 Jdarksun – shalmelo (6), Lostninja (13)
    2 Heffling – cj iwakura (8), Phyphor (22)
    2 Wildcat – Gizzy (18), Zombie Hero (23), premium (24)
    2 Invictus – Auralynx (29), kime (30)

Since we didn't have a tie happen some one must have targeted Invictus with the manip at the very least, if not multiple manips going on.

• Options
    Doubtful.
    Most likely scenario is Invictus pulled the short straw in a 4 way tie for second.
    Or perhaps the vote was both denied first place and Invictus was maniped into sole second place, but that's two powers working in concert then.

• Options
    I am so ignorant with music and music history lol

Half of these posts are gibberish

Steam profile
  • Options
    Doubtful.
    Most likely scenario is Invictus pulled the short straw in a 4 way tie for second.
    Or perhaps the vote was both denied first place and Invictus was maniped into sole second place, but that's two powers working in concert then.

No tie because we didn't have the person tying the vote die as well.

• Options
    Doubtful.

No tie because we didn't have the person tying the vote die as well.

I'm not sure that would apply if there was a once-off immunity knocking the vote back down to second place.