Options

Hamil[CHAT]

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Like a fool, I decided to go for a run today.
    5.6Km in 27 degrees and with 62% humidity.

Squirtle.
    I'm dying, Squirtle.

sig.gif
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    goddamn they found Ghislaine Maxwell’s reddit account

/u/maxwellhill the Reddit account with the 8th most link karma of all time, powermod of frontpage subs, first account to reach a million Karma, is/was operated by Ghislaine Maxwell.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular

/u/maxwellhill the Reddit account with the 8th most link karma of all time, powermod of frontpage subs, first account to reach a million Karma, is/was operated by Ghislaine Maxwell.

Thought this was some unconfirmed psychometrics stage of esleuthing still?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I guess you could say that...

that karma really came back around.. 8-) 8-) 8-)

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    eyxiqxcc6tzj.jpeg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »

Yeah it seems incredibly unlikely that Maxwell was a big time redditor.

Just... no.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

Just... no.
    i assume most reddit mods are involved in human trafficking to some degree

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Hey pooplords. How’s the pooping?

thick

some extra wiping needed but not too bad

not like Saturday

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Also you can't compress water

Wtf water, what makes you so fucking important

you can but it is really really hard. like the stuff that may make up the core of saturn (Ice XVIII)
    https://www.quantamagazine.org/black-hot-superionic-ice-may-be-natures-most-common-form-of-water-20190508/

edit: also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice#Phases

Black Hot Supersonic Ice is what my gundam battlecry translates to

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Water thinks it's so cool and refreshing.

Well how about we see how you handle a solar flare, water, if you're such a hot shot.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu one day you will come visit me and we can fly to Turkey to get massages from Anil

@Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud i worry that he will become a celebrity and we’ll be priced out..

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I don’t have the courage to ever do it but whenever I’m wearing an undershirt that’s like a deep tank top, and a buttoned shirt... I always wanna to like four buttons undone so you can see the undershirt peaking through. Like an Italian American in a 60s movie 🤩

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    when are we going to gene mod our bodies to peak efficiency to once and for all relieve us of the uncivilized scourge that is taking a shit

asking for a friend that thinks pooping is gross

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    I don’t have the courage to ever do it but whenever I’m wearing an undershirt that’s like a deep tank top, and a buttoned shirt... I always wanna to like four buttons undone so you can see the undershirt peaking through. Like an Italian American in a 60s movie 🤩

I already do this when it's cold and I've been dancing.

Granted I have vanishingly-small Italian ancestry.

• Options
    gotta let that roast beef air out chu

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    is it cultural appropriation to undo four buttons and show off your chest hair and a bit of your tank top

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    vab5cfh7ecnj.jpg

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    is it cultural appropriation to undo four buttons and show off your chest hair and a bit of your tank top

if it is then the entire decade of the 70's is fucking guilty

• Options

Well now it is.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
  • Options

my god

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    48W3hBX.jpg

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Man. Dune just kind of ends itself mid-stream, doesn't it? Like damn, let's use the last 1/4 of the book to move a mile a minute compared to the beginning.

Did Frank Herbert have sequels in mind when he wrote it?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Man. Dune just kind of ends itself mid-stream, doesn't it? Like damn, let's use the last 1/4 of the book to move a mile a minute compared to the beginning.

I am pretty sure he did.

The next books is okay. Third book you realize Herbert must have started taking some really heavy drugs.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

https://web.archive.org/web/20120107220342/http://www.frankherbert.org/news/genesis.html

Some of Herbert's thoughts on the original Dune trilogy
    Dune began with a concept whose mostly unfleshed images took shape across about six years of research and one and a half years of writing. The story was all in my head until it appeared on paper as I typed it out.

How did it evolve? I conceived of a long novel, the whole trilogy as one book about the messianic convulsions that periodically overtake us. Demagogues, fanatics, con-game artists, the innocent and the not-so-innocent bystanders-all were to have a part in the drama. This grows from my theory that superheroes are disastrous for humankind. Even if we find a real hero (whatever-or whoever-that may be), eventually fallible mortals take over the power structure that always comes into being around such a leader.

Tumin on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Aioua wrote: »

Just... no.
    - Goes around correcting the age of consent in various countries (https://i.imgur.com/J0Rzy9Y.png) (https://i.imgur.com/4fTt6D0.png)

- Posts articles about why we should legalise child exploitation material (https://i.imgur.com/d8FsqFi.png)
    lol

Couscous on
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I am pretty sure he did.

The next books is okay. Third book you realize Herbert must have started taking some really heavy drugs.

Children of Dune and God-Emperor are my favorites.

Heretics and Chapterhouse are where it gets full on bonkers

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    when are we going to gene mod our bodies to peak efficiency to once and for all relieve us of the uncivilized scourge that is taking a shit

asking for a friend that thinks pooping is gross

You say this now, but you're not going to like the alternative we come up with.

• Options
    We've eliminated the need to poop, as it was a massive hindrance to productivity, but you now instead you just expel a constant stream of waste from your pores at all times which then sublimates into the air around you.

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    We've eliminated the need to poop, as it was a massive hindrance to productivity, but you now instead you just expel a constant stream of waste from your pores at all times which then sublimates into the air around you.

I mean, that's basically what I do already.

Butts are for meat.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I am pretty sure he did.

im shocked that the man who wrote a saga about a universe ruled by drug addicts would take drugs.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I started a Four Job Fiesta run on stream today, though it's a pure chaos run so I ended the stream without even changing anyone from Freelancer. I did get past the Liquid Flame (which was cheesed with a pair of Frost Rods cuz FUCK that fight), so next time I start, I'll be able to start my guys on the paths of Bard/Geomancer/Summoner.

Gotta be honest, I was not enjoying the prospect of the run until I saw Summoner coming out of the fire crystal.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Okay, thanks all. Interesting that it was originally published as a serial in a magazine. Man that seems so alien to anything I grew up with. I'm really interested to see where the Jihad has gone, and people joke about some of the weird shit going on in the future... I'm curious about that too.

Alia's a badass.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    xzsckxwbfh951.jpg

• Options
    Like for real, the two memories crystallized in my head from reading it back in high school were: The entrances to the water caves, and Alia kicking her feet on the throne, not giving a DAMN about who she was in the presence of.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Look at Layla

5mtrt31sc3ez.jpeg

LOOK AT HER

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    xzsckxwbfh951.jpg

I need more than an image from who knows where for this

Context please

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    i think the context is examples of 'unfeminine' language from "The New Art and Mastery of Gossiping" (1760)

• Options
    I am at best a journeyman of gossiping

This discussion has been closed.