As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quarantimes 2: Quarantine Harder

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »
    We uh

We got multiple types of peanut butter in the cupboard

Though one of them is a Fancy Local Maple Salt Peanut Butter One and the other is plain ol' Kraft we can share with the dogs

Please, please elaborate because I want this very, very much.

Specifically, this one!

https://burrowshop.buchipop.com/collections/pantry/products/logan-petit-lot-peanut-maple-sea-salt-270g

They're a Montreal company but that's close enough for me to consider local, haha. (The Burrowshop mostly sells Ottawa-area farmers' market stuff, but they've been branching out to some other small businesses to add to their local grocery delivery. Been a nice addition to our kitchen since the pandemic started to get a few fancy food items each pay!)

Local delivery only, damn. I was really hoping to get something like that incorporated into an ice cream. I've been doing experiments on my own using a mixture of maple butter, maple syrup and peanut butter and the texture comes out weird because the syrup crystallizes and hardens before the texture of the ice cream comes out right, but using just maple butter doesn't get the flavor quite right.

When it's a little safer I'll happily mail you some, presuming they aren't shipping that far yet!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Ah, it's a restaurant! I know what Wetherspoons is, probably because of this forum. Context clues!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Nando's is a chain of restaurants specializing in Afro-Portuguese chicken dishes, and does not have the reputation in the States that it seems to have in the UK

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

In watching the video, the waivers are voluntary, attending class in-person is voluntary. Seems like they're looking to catch some people unawares and have them sign the waiver for...no reason, I guess.

Note basically that a Hold Harmless is something you should basically never sign unless it involves your vehicle being impounded after an accident or talking to a lawyer first.

So, yes, but just a note if you do sign one, in the States you have an inalienable right to sue for bodily harm and that will supersede a Hold Harmless or Waiver of Liability.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Damn I'm gonna have to see if I can find some garam masala Wednesday morning. Gonna make a tub o' tikka.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Damn I'm gonna have to see if I can find some garam masala Wednesday morning. Gonna make a tub o' tikka.

See if you can find a brand called Rani. It's what my Secret Satan sent to me, so I trust their judgement on quality.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm mostly limited to whatever I can find at publix because its near by, but I know I can find some near easy peasy if its not there. It just means getting in my car and driving which is bad and I do not like.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I would love to eat some curry

There isn't a place nearby to order it from

Is it difficult to make?

Because I am lucky enough to have not only been born in a country colonised by the English so curry is basically a fucking staple, but we also have had a shitload of immigration over the last 100+ years from countries where curry is a way of life, making a curry in Australia is ridiculously fucking easy.

If you're lazy and a bum like me, there are perfectly good pre-prepped curry meals available to buy from supermarkets, where you get a few pouches of various spices and things, and you just follow some steps (fry powder in sachet #1, brown 'protein' in same pan, add sachet #2 & #3, simmer for 5 minutes, add chopped vegetables and contents of sachet #4, a cup of water, and simmer for half an hour, serve on rice), hell, even fucking jar meals can be fairly good. Fuck, I can buy 2 pounds of chicken korma in a tub from ALDI, just make some rice, heat up a serve of the korma in the microwave, and it tastes fine.

No it's not restaurant quality, but it was $3 and 10 minutes of your time for the meal.

I dunno how things are for you in the 'States, but if you want I can mail you some pretty fucking decent pre-prepped curry thingos where all you have to do is add the protein and the veggies and simmer it in a pan, like thus.

Very generous offer, @chrishallett83 , thank you

I have seen some curry kits, I guess you would call them , at the supermarket

Thinking about it, I think I mad and ate one about a year ago, it involved potatoes and chicken, I think

I'll see if I can find a kit at the store this week

Me too. Curry sounds excellent right now.

Anybody have any idea if this is a good brand? I can order it online.

gu8ltgatoy2f.png

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    My neighbours have forgotten to close the bedroom window, and my bay window is open, and I can hear them loudly having sex

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Better than if you could hear them quietly having sex

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hey thread, today for lunch I had a peanut butter, jelly, & banana sandwich.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Better than if you could hear them quietly having sex

I would be able to hear them quietly having sex, I think, given how well I can hear them loudly having sex

Solar on
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Applaud when they're done, I guess

If that's not the socially acceptable response, then I don't know what is

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    My neighbours have forgotten to close the bedroom window, and my bay window is open, and I can hear them loudly having sex

Quick, queue this and turn your speakers way up for when they're done:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe I will

Only if I think that they're doing a good job mind

I've put my headphones on and I'm periodically checking to see if they've stopped

• Options
    Ah, silence

Well what an eventful evening it has been

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Maybe I will

Only if I think that they're doing a good job mind

I've put my headphones on and I'm periodically checking to see if they've stopped

Go and knock on their door and ask if the need someone to show them how it's done properly...

It helps if you're carrying a gallon pump pack of lube under one arm, and a variety of old farmyard tools and implements under the other.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

In watching the video, the waivers are voluntary, attending class in-person is voluntary. Seems like they're looking to catch some people unawares and have them sign the waiver for...no reason, I guess.

Note basically that a Hold Harmless is something you should basically never sign unless it involves your vehicle being impounded after an accident or talking to a lawyer first.

So, yes, but just a note if you do sign one, in the States you have an inalienable right to sue for bodily harm and that will supersede a Hold Harmless or Waiver of Liability.

I thought the latter part of this was true, but I didn't want to look it up, so thanks :+1:

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Maybe they were doing something else like producing an AIDS awareness commercial or a hentai fandub

• Options
    Would you be able to file a class action lawsuit against the US government for letting this thing happen

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Tired: peanut butter & jelly
    Wired: peanut butter & banana
    Inspired: peanut butter & apple butter (use thicker bread otherwise it can leak out)

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Would you be able to file a class action lawsuit against the US government for letting this thing happen

I didn't scroll up and thought you were still talking about Solar's upstairs neighbors, and I don't think we have those kind of extradition treaties these days.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Tired: peanut butter & jelly
    Wired: peanut butter & banana
    Inspired: peanut butter & apple butter (use thicker bread otherwise it can leak out)

Yes, and: also use cinnamon raisin bread

• Options
    Platy wrote: »
    Maybe they were doing something else like producing an AIDS awareness commercial or a hentai fandub

Maybe

Maaaybe

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Mega woke: grab a spoon and a jar of jam and peanut butter and put away your shame

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Peanut butter and honey is an S-tier sandwich, that much is true. Nobody can honestly deny that!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Sorry to be so terribly English but peanut butter and honey is great on crumpets

• Options
    Sorry to be so terribly English but peanut butter and honey is great on crumpets

Sorry to be so terribly Australian but Vegemite is great on crumpets

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

vegimite is good on nothing sans the rubbish bin

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Damn, way to tell on yourself like that...

Weren't you a professional chef at one point?

• Options
    Epic Rap Battles of History PBJ vs crumpet

• Options

I learned from mostly french chefs

none thought terribly highly of the commonwealth, lets just say

• Options

French chefs can be elitist douchebags?

Colour me SHOCKED!

• Options
    The first British cookbook in the modern style was a huge plagiarized self-contradictory mess and it might've damaged Britain's culinary reputation to this day

• Options

One was from britany. So. I mean, pretty good reason to hate England

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Yawn, who doesn't have a good reason to hate England

• Options
    C'mon, everyone fucking hates England.

Get your own thing, France.

• Options
    The French have fantastic food and shit food just like everyone else, something that certain French chefs forget occasionally I feel

• Options
    All of them hated Paris and Parisians. It was great

• Options
    Some of their food is downright crêpe

This discussion has been closed.