As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I haven't opened it yet, but it looks like Transformers/Ghostbusters crossover.

After looking at the packaging again, it reminds me of the old cardback G1 packaging, but much larger.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Alright, cracked Afterlife Ectotron

The comic is the 1st issue Ghostbusters/Transformers crossover
    Cybertron gets wrecked by Gozar appearing as a giant King Starscream, and the Decpticons are wiped out in the process, oops.

Ectotron himself is a pretty straightforward transformation and is damn near intuitive. There are a couple of issues:

The proton pack’s cable is supposed to clip into the pack as it transforms for vehicle mode, but doesn’t do a good job of holding into place

In addition, I couldn’t quite figure out how the pack connects in robot mode? The pegs and holes just seem to be too far apart.

The pegs in the cable had difficulty connecting into the side of the Ecto-1 mode (but fit snugger than the pack)

The Afterlife Ectotron also adds a ladder on the left side next to the cable (this doesn’t appear to be on original when I look in the box) This has a tendency to pull out of the slot and is a pain to re- inset due to being a softer rubber. The instructions also tell you to slot the top into the transformed proton pack and then slot the gun. I will tell you now that this is a fool’s errand and slot the gun first, then rest the top of the ladder on top of the gun.

I’d say based on this that the original Ectotron is probably better, but if you missed out on the original or want to keep it in box, afterlife isn’t too bad. Mainly it’s the new ladder that I hate.

Edit: figured out how the proton pack stays on in the robot mode (not very well though), and the knees are definitely loose (which both of these were issues with the original from what I can tell).

Nobody on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ah ok, thanks for the information on the comic. I'm slightly tempted to pick one up just to see how physical comics are these days (I buy them all digitally to save space) and so I can open it up to fiddle with. Sucks that it seems to have so many problems. I guess I could ask if it is at least something you would fiddle with or leave on a shelf?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Ah ok, thanks for the information on the comic. I'm slightly tempted to pick one up just to see how physical comics are these days (I buy them all digitally to save space) and so I can open it up to fiddle with. Sucks that it seems to have so many problems. I guess I could ask if it is at least something you would fiddle with or leave on a shelf?

I spent a lot of space on problems, but really they’re all minor. I’ve transformed it back and forth several times with no major hassles, and I think it’s a great pickup if you missed out on the original. I’m going to display in the alt-mode mainly because, well, it’s Ecto-1.

If I was going to display in robot I’d probably make sure it had something supporting it though.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »

I spent a lot of space on problems, but really they’re all minor. I’ve transformed it back and forth several times with no major hassles, and I think it’s a great pickup if you missed out on the original. I’m going to display in the alt-mode mainly because, well, it’s Ecto-1.

If I was going to display in robot I’d probably make sure it had something supporting it though.

Cool. I have the first release and love the box too much to take it out. Maaaybe Target will put these on sale online and I can pick one up then. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah right... Would be nice though.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Cool. I have the first release and love the box too much to take it out. Maaaybe Target will put these on sale online and I can pick one up then. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah right... Would be nice though.

I got mine by ordering and shipping to store, then doing the curbside pickup.

EDIT: Target.com is giving me the option to order and ship to me direct

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Sorry, I meant sale as in discount them.

Edit: You didn't say anything about the blue ghost or Slimer. They're ok right?

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Ooooh gotcha, understood.

They’re okay? I don’t hate them but I kinda don’t have a use for them either. Only one will peg onto Ectotron in alt mode, the other has to sit loose.

• Options
    Ooooh gotcha, understood.

They’re okay? I don’t hate them but I kinda don’t have a use for them either. Only one will peg onto Ectotron in alt mode, the other has to sit loose.

Ah bummer. So probably a leftover from the original toy then. I found it odd that they included Slimer and the new one.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I dunno, Slimer might be in Afterlife? I haven’t been keeping up with spoilers or discussions on it outside of what’s been in trailers.

• Options
    I dunno, Slimer might be in Afterlife? I haven’t been keeping up with spoilers or discussions on it outside of what’s been in trailers.

Could be, I haven't paid any attention to it since I don't know when it is coming out. I'm guessing this year?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Currently set with a 11/11/21 release date.

Edit: putting this in spoilers just in case re: prior conversation
    Looks like they chase Slimer in the Ecto-1 in the trailer, so he might be back after all

Nobody on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I kind of wish hasbro pulse had a restock notice or wishlist as the fortnite snake eyes sold out before I got home or I was asleep
    It is insane that hasbro claims there is not a market for GI joe anymore and yet the classified series is selling out often for the ugly reseller market

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I kind of wish hasbro pulse had a restock notice or wishlist as the fortnite snake eyes sold out before I got home or I was asleep
    It is insane that hasbro claims there is not a market for GI joe anymore and yet the classified series is selling out often for the ugly reseller market

Yeah, I don’t get it, especially since that Fortnite Snake Eyes isn’t coming out until 2022??? And it’s an existing mold! How is that already sold out? You would think they could churn those out.

Definitely sucks dude, I feel your pain. Still trying to get a Viper myself. I’ve started calling my Target every morning at 8 am...

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    They may just not have planned to make very many of this version, thinking there's a lack of intersection between a zoomer pop culture hub and a 60's turned 80's toy franchise based around a concept (paramilitary organization wages wars against terrorists) that just isn't as popular among kids these days.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Ok, well, they’re dumb

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I feel hasbro could just repack the viper sans the cobra island stuff
    At work I have not seen any of the classified stuff since last summer and I was looking for various other figures {the ranger slayer, Bo katan and Sabine wren} But again I work for managers that are lazy and are looking to cut corners during this pandemic

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I feel hasbro could just repack the viper sans the cobra island stuff
    At work I have not seen any of the classified stuff since last summer and I was looking for various other figures {the ranger slayer, Bo katan and Sabine wren} But again I work for managers that are lazy and are looking to cut corners during this pandemic

Bo Katan is still coming out so you have a chance. Sabine is still up on Pulse (I got her there). https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-black-series-sabine-wren-collectible-figure

Plus I have seen Pulse put stuff back up after the toy launches.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Calling back to a previous conversation: BBTS is getting a reissue of the Bioman Sentai team with all sorts of accessories.

It’s almost $150 though, ouch

Nobody on
  • Options
    Calling back to a previous conversation: BBTS is getting a reissue of the Bioman Sentai team with all sorts of accessories.

What's crazier is that they sold out of the Bioman 2 box!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

What's crazier is that they sold out of the Bioman 2 box!

I believe it!

But, I mean, look at this: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/152590
    jnjjp5ah9qpo.png

But man, $145 is really hard to justify.

• Options
    Yeah, I saw that and couldn't believe the price.

I just checked and even HLJ sold out of their pre-orders of the 2 piece boxes. Guess Bioman is still loved.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Man that's maybe $20 Wal-Mart quality, that's not $145.

• Options
    Finally ordered Maverick so I have all 3 of the crossovers (getting two because I do have a spot to display them in box).

Also ordering a second Gigawatt for the same reason.
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Man that's maybe $20 Wal-Mart quality, that's not $145.

Probably, unfortunately given they only other option is eBay for the originals they’ll be able to get away with whatever they want to charge.

• Options
    So you finally caved and bought Maverick? I still have not pulled him out of the box yet... I really need to do that since the photos of him make it look so much fun. Plus the box is huge and bulky (yet cool).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    So you finally caved and bought Maverick? I still have not pulled him out of the box yet... I really need to do that since the photos of him make it look so much fun. Plus the box is huge and bulky (yet cool).

Yeah, bonus through work so figured might as well.

Plus, I mean, he comes with a volleyball

• Options
    Newest glimmer of hope for those of you who missed out on Cybertron Skywarp, Conehead twin pack, etc.

BBTS put up the Amazon Exclusive Cybertron 3 pack up for pre-order.
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/153172

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Nice, I actually picked that up through Amazon not long ago for like $20

In other news, Cobra Island Viper and Firefly have been removed from Target’s site/app, so... I guess that’s it? All gone, congrats if you managed to snag one before scalpers got everything. Seriously,
    fuck
    that
    gd bullshit

Viper is a troop builder!! What are you doing Hasbro??? Why do I even care so much about a stupid toy, I hate everything

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Nice, I actually picked that up through Amazon not long ago for like $20

In other news, Cobra Island Viper and Firefly have been removed from Target’s site/app, so... I guess that’s it? All gone, congrats if you managed to snag one before scalpers got everything. Seriously,
    fuck
    that
    gd bullshit

Viper is a troop builder!! What are you doing Hasbro??? Why do I even care so much about a stupid toy, I hate everything

Yeah, I really love how these exclusives are destroying fun of collecting. I go from hating Walmart/Target/Amazon for not ordering enough of the exclusives or making them available for a long period of time. Then again, I see some of those exclusives sit online/stores/etc. warming pegs and shelves then getting discounted and can't blame them for not ordering enough. It makes me wish collectors could pre-order and companies would make enough to fulfill those orders. I do like how Hasbro did their Scorponok, Omega Supreme, Jetfire and Gigawatt sales and wish they would do that for more of their stuff. Make waves of them so everybody who wants one gets one. Hopefully all these Exclusives end up being remade and sold directly from Hasbro or other online retailers. I know by the time they get remade (a year or so later) some collectors have moved on, but it is better than nothing.

Dunno, either that or maybe I should just boycott all of the toys and look somewhere else for collecting. My wallet and house might like me more if I did. :D

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    They really need a better system across the board for exclusives. Funko sometimes does it where if they have leftover stock, where they simply sell the Exclusive through their own site. I'm sure to do that they give a cut to the exclusive holder. More companies need to do this

• Options
    NECA, and possibly some other places (maybe Fourth Horseman?) have recently done preorders for a set timeframe, like you have a full week to preorder and that’s it. I wish more places would use that model

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I did say it earlier they could sell the Viper sans the cobra island box as that would be easier to change than the whole figure and package

Things like how Spawn or McFarlane's site is basically unavigatable. I know with the 40k figures I really would like certain ones but it looked like they were just doing people from the Indomtus trailer {As a Druhakri is right up McFarlane's style but what would they do? A Kabal trooper? a wych? A Ork would be easy but then again this is the dizzy conversations between GW and their license

• Options
    Hasbro Pulse is still saying that Maverick is prepping for shipping and gives a USPS tracking number

That tracking number is “status not found”

Maverick was delivered this morning.

Have not cracked yet, but I think the jet mode is better than the pictures led me to believe. Doesn’t look as...cheap?

• Options
    Hasbro Pulse is still saying that Maverick is prepping for shipping and gives a USPS tracking number

That tracking number is “status not found”

Maverick was delivered this morning.

Have not cracked yet, but I think the jet mode is better than the pictures led me to believe. Doesn’t look as...cheap?

Maverick broke the sound and space barrier to get to you.

On another note, I just got a Masterpiece Grapple and I love it!!! I loved the MP Inferno from his transformation and the magic of how the fit his ladder into the upper torso and man, Grapple makes it even more magical. I'll have to post pics of him once I quit tinkering with him. If anybody asked me the Masterpieces to pick up I would recommend Ironhide/Ratchet, Grapple and Inferno in a heartbeat. They are that awesome to both transform and look in both alt mode and robot mode.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I have MP Artfire and it's a beautiful figure

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Am I forever cursed to never see a Zeo toy line that is any good? Hasbro finally manages to advance their Power Rangers Legacy Lightning Collection to the Zeo series and the only thing you can change on the Zeo Megazord is the hat? It doesn't even transform - what's the point! I already fear how badly they're going to phone in the Super Zeo Megazord.

Also... horrifying.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Am I forever cursed to never see a Zeo toy line that is any good? Hasbro finally manages to advance their Power Rangers Legacy Lightning Collection to the Zeo series and the only thing you can change on the Zeo Megazord is the hat? It doesn't even transform - what's the point! I already fear how badly they're going to phone in the Super Zeo Megazord.

Also... horrifying.

Wow, I have no idea what that Megazord is, but hats? That's sad and funny at the same time. At least they're not selling you the figure then blind hat packs after that to collect them all.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I ordered this girl last week and she was JUST delivered today. I refuse to take her out of the box while workers are here renovating my bathroom, though so no photos yet. Also I didn't grab the very last one, but that doll did go out of stock the day after I ordered, so I'm glad I ordered when I did. Originally I was going to stave off buying any doll stuff because of the repairs said workmen are being paid handsomely to do. But I reallllly wanted this doll before she disappeared, and I got my husband's sign on to do it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I ordered this girl last week and she was JUST delivered today. I refuse to take her out of the box while workers are here renovating my bathroom, though so no photos yet. Also I didn't grab the very last one, but that doll did go out of stock the day after I ordered, so I'm glad I ordered when I did. Originally I was going to stave off buying any doll stuff because of the repairs said workmen are being paid handsomely to do. But I reallllly wanted this doll before she disappeared, and I got my husband's sign on to do it.

Glad you got to add to your collection. I love the description he wrote for her. "Say hello to Resilient. She symbolizes the will to quickly recover from the hardships that life throws at us. While encountering poop hitting the fan is part of our journey through life - we have freedom to choose how we deal with it." Yep, I say that is fitting for you since you were out of a job and now have one.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The Zeo series was the one they introduced after the MMPR series was finally retired. The changeable helmets were supposed to give it various powers so that much is keeping in line with the actual show, but the Zeo series has had no attention since 1996 and they go and put out a Megazord that can't even transform or combine.