As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Whelp. JP and Dracula and DJs, I can pass with varying levels of ease.

But Megs as a HISS?

Yeah, no. Easy choice.

(Plus I've never owned a Baroness fig.)

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I think I would have preferred if it was an original character than Megatron in HISS Tank cosplay, but the 3 3/4th interaction is pretty cool. I'll probably wind up skipping this because I already have a few Megatrons and I can't really justify spending $90 on another one, especially for a crossover with a franchise I'm not super interested in.

Ironically, aside from the live action movies, the only GI Joe stuff I've touched in the last like 25 years has been TF crossover comics.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Found the Amazon link for the crossover.

https://smile.amazon.com/Transformers-TRA-Project-Trooper-1/dp/B000OZW7M0/
    I think I would have preferred if it was an original character than Megatron in HISS Tank cosplay, but the 3 3/4th interaction is pretty cool. I'll probably wind up skipping this because I already have a few Megatrons and I can't really justify spending $90 on another one, especially for a crossover with a franchise I'm not super interested in.

Ironically, aside from the live action movies, the only GI Joe stuff I've touched in the last like 25 years has been TF crossover comics.

Yeah, I was reading the crossover comics and that's probably why I'm intrigued by this toy.

Edit: Wow, sold out on Hasbro Pulse. Pre-ordered one on Amazon so I can at least have a chance to get one. Luckily it comes out next year so I have some time to decide if I want it by then.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I literally did not hesitate in any way. Turns out I was looking at the pre-order page like 2 minutes after it opened to the general populous on pulse.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I literally did not hesitate in any way. Turns out I was looking at the pre-order page like 2 minutes after it opened to the general populous on pulse.

I had it in my cart a few minutes after it went live for Premium Members. Between work and my new puppy I completely forgot about it till my post. Tried to check out and it said sold out. Luckily I saw the Amazon link on the Transformers forum I am on and hit preorder.

I read that Pulse now charges shipping for non Premium users, which I don't notice since I paid last year for one year of membership to see if it is worth it or not.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Okay now that I got a chance to actually look at the Megatron/HISS tank....

That kibble on the back is oof, but the fact that you can have Baroness sit in the control seat of the gun makes up for it a bit.

...Need to ask her who runs bartertown though.

• Options
    I promise to stop spamming about it...

But today, they finally revealed Fattimus Prime's combined mode. FINALLY!

roUy1OTl.jpg

But wait, there's more!

They've re-engineered the drones in Scramble City Style - meaning you can interchange the arms and legs! This is not something that was possible on the original Energon Optimus (though the Wing Saber upgrades had 2 modes for this).

QFkMcdsl.jpg

"But Ath! The original Energon Optimus Prime was a brick! What could a 3rd party do with that, especially with that drill foot?!"

Well, how about a super hero 3 point landing?! Good enough for ya?

MZ6z7Ztl.jpg

I think my favorite bit.. is in the bit.

You may have noticed that the drill had seam lines in it, as well as being much larger than the original. That's because YES. They gave the drill the ability to have a normal hand!

m3cJPznl.jpg

The only reason I've held off on Naval Commander (Armada Optimus) is because I'm waiting for a repaint. I won't be waiting for that with Energon Optimus.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I don't want you to stop spamming about this; I want you to spam us with more photos when you get this in-hand.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Absolutely huge W this morning when this arrived
    up1fdhfewi9h.png
    This chase is already selling for 100+ on resale sites, this is a huge get for my symbiote collection where I have about 0 chases haha

• Options
    TIL: Big Bad Toy Store charges you for preorders when you place them. Whee.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    TIL: Big Bad Toy Store charges you for preorders when you place them. Whee.
    Really? I've never had that happen before. Their pre-order FAQ also says:
    We do not offer an option to pay for pre-orders in advance.
    which I would assume to implicitly mean "we don't charge you for your pre-orders until they come in".

Did the pre-order have a non-refundable down payment?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I think they might preauthorize on preorders, but I’ve never had them charge me before the item shipped.

Granted, that had caused panics in the past when something I preordered got delayed for so long I forgot about it by the time it charged

• Options
    *looks closer*

Oh.. huh. I guess I forgot I ordered something additional on that last order. Nevermind then! :D

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Hah, yeah, that’s one reason why I do like BBTS, it’s super easy to just preorder stuff and cancel if needed. I think people maybe abused it too much as I do see non-refundable deposits required now for some higher dollar figures, but overall it’s really convenient

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    BBTS has been extremely bad about stock issues for me, lately. I've literally had stuff on preorder that's been delayed for months and months, has shown up in other online storefronts months ago and still is a no show on BBTS. This is the second time over the past 12 months that this has happened. If it weren't for the fact I have store credit involved, I would have just canceled the orders ages ago.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Me: Man, I need to get rid of some of my toys!

Also me: Okay, I need to clear out this stack at tfsource... Ooh, and they have the archecore figures! Well, it won't hurt, right?

... right?

TLmpwvKh.jpg?1

Pictured:
    - an unknown Bumblebee toy that was apparently a gift with purchase at TFSource when I shipped this order
    - Leg extenders and weapons for Siege Ultra Magnus
    - The 3 Archecore figs
    - an upgrade for Alternators Optimus Prime, of all toys, that was on a SUPER clearance price.
    - Leg extenders for Earthrise Scorpinok.

ZRC3dLGh.jpg

They're a bit bigger than Mega Construx halo figures. 1/35 scale with a ton of detail and articulation. Sadly, these ones do not include the kickass bases that the commander and later sets will get. The bases hold all the weapon accessories together - which is important considering how much each gets.

I haven't decided on getting the Commander just yet, but it seems sold out at most places anyways. The vehicles are either waiting or are on pre-order, to be shipped together when they are all ready.

Edit: Good LORD, the articulation on this little guy. He has both ab crunch AND swiveling hip joints like a gunpla!

Edit 2: Aaaand.. one hand has disappeared. Because of course. :D

Athenor on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Just finally got my Eternian Guard from BBTS. It's pretty great, he comes with a few weapon and armor choices to make him resemble the original Man At Arms (no mustache version) as well, but I like him as a generic guard more. He and the Space Suit from the exclusive accessories set are guarding the door to Castle Grayskull. Next I have to find some better stands, the NECA ones just aren't great.

a7usirijy8i1.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Ursus Squad Represent!

IVTGb1ah.jpg

Left to right is Suppressor, Center-Raider, and Vanguard.

cyTnWJkh.jpg

8UmZ3sGh.jpg

TwavmtMh.jpg

As I've said before, they are SUPER poseable. Just insanely so. They are also made of really flexible plastic, so I haven't felt like I am going to break anything yet. But it also means it is hard to swap out hands and such.

My biggest complaint is that the eyes aren't painted glowing blue like they are in the artwork. But.. I'm sure I could fix that. Hell, they are encouraging it by selling "Gray" base units for these guys!

Lots of attachment points on the back too.

KHAgVjeh.jpg

7RKTqM2h.jpg

8fT9N7Ch.jpg

Yeah, I think I'm gonna get the commander. And... I'm... thinking about getting the diorama / base sets. Ugh. I need something for these all to fight against too. Maybe I will pick up some Zoids Wild models, as they are also 1/35 scale. (The 30 minute missions in the background are 1/144 scale for reference.)

Yes, these are expensive for what you get. But honestly? Eh. Only live once. :D

Athenor on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    I got the master chef helmet

51M4dNSVvqL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

???

Heffling on
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Yes master chef he slays the covenant (meats) with his energy knife... Sword

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    I would play the Cooking Mama / Halo crossover.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Uh excuse me it’s Mister Chef

Don’t you know anything about the Halos

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options

It's John Halo, you noob.

• Options

Is there a missis Chef?

• Options
    Yes of course, John Halo of the East Northhampton Halos.

• Options
    NewAge continues to make Legends-scale Optimus Prime repaints that I will continue to buy:
    3C1piEvl.jpg
    3FKhPAol.jpg
    dHFmM9el.jpg

• Options
    I keep drooling over the 3rd party Moon Studios take on Raiden. The third bot in the set - Iron Arm, their take on Kaen - just released. Here's the first review I've been able to find (which unfortunately doesn't show combined mode):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo6sB3kepRA
    I really like how he looks. The transformation looks pretty complicated, mostly for reasons that seem not-entirely-fun (managing flaps, and lots of little twisty joints), but based on what I've read, sounds like the fit and tolerances of all three bots so far are quite good.

There's also a quick video of an upcoming arm-bot (Green Zone, their take on Suiken) that shows articulation and a hasty transformation sequence that has lots of cuts but gives you the general idea of what to expect:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u0QtiUXZek
    The other arm bot is a clone of this one, with some slight remolding and a different color scheme.

All the bots shown thus far have a lot of flaps and panels, which can be frustrating, but impressions of the two leg-bots seem incredibly positive among those who got them. I never watched the show that Raiden was on, didn't even know he was a thing until I came back to Transformers as an adult, so there's no connection there for me, but this set looks really cool, and sounds like it's pretty well-made. I'm almost certainly going to bite, at some point.

• Options
    Hasbro is teaming up with Funko on a huge NFT project, so I'm probably going to reduce my toy buying from them for awhile.

• Options
    Welp, that fucking sucks

• Options
    Oh hell yes, Bored Apeface Yacht Club here we go. Can't wait to bring total environmental collapse forward by one year so I can buy an artless JPG of a Transformer wearing clashing accessories, assembled by a bored algorithm.

• Options
    I hate everything about that. :(

Also - regarding Moon Studio Raiden, I found things a bit fuzzy/sloppy in the vehicle modes, so I went with the Hasbro versions. But.. man, the robot modes and hopefully combined mode are so good!

• Options
    I don't know anything about trains, so for me it's like... if it's a roughly rectangular box and it's got a bunch of wheels on it, I'm good.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Is the power consumption mostly in minting the NFT? Like, if nobody buys this shit, is it a "damage is already done" scenario

• Options
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Is the power consumption mostly in minting the NFT? Like, if nobody buys this shit, is it a "damage is already done" scenario

It all comes back to the blockchain

Dan Olson did a really good 2 hour long video about NFTs and why they suck, it's complicated but essentially they're just a constant drain on resources
    https://youtu.be/YQ_xWvX1n9g
    I'd watch in chunks or double speed

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I'm more a "bullet points" guy. NFTs already make my blood boil, I don't need 2 hours of medically induced apoplexy

• Options
    -NFTs exist to make you buy crypto
    -NFTs are a huge waste of resources
    -NFTs are a huge security risk, and can help someone track you from device to device
    -NFTs are almost all scams in some form or another
    -NFTs and crypto claim to be better because they are decentralized, but functionally all this means is they are more dangerous and risky than even a simple spoken word agreement

Reminds me, gonna cancel a lot of preorders today. I can easily move money into other hobbies I have. Don't feel like throwing money into a pit that is funding shit like that

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022

Remove the "almost."

As Dan Olson put it, NFTs are the MLM of the trading world. AKA an unambiguous pyramid scheme.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

Remove the "almost."

As Dan Olson put it, NFTs are the MLM of the trading world. AKA an unambiguous pyramid scheme.

The issue I take with that is plenty of legitimate and respected artists are getting into the game. And I agree that buying any NFTs is dumb as shit, some big names have gotten involved that if actually do turn out to be scams... Well the art world will never be the same