As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We've been playing [Animal Crossing] for how long now!?!

1798081828385»

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited January 20
    Zavian wrote: »
    so I just got New Horizons not too long ago and had a question:

I got the wetsuit, but it feels like im just slowly swimming around and there doesn't seem to be anything to actually harvest or do? I was expecting something like little shiny spots or whatever to indicate where some loot is, but Ive been wading around my island and haven't seen anything besides the loot thats already on the beach as well as the fish shadows

You should see circular shadows of varying size; some are mobile but not all. They tend to hang out beyond the range of where fish live.

Hitting a button (B? It's been a while) will let you dive. If you make contact with one of those shadows, you'll catch a sea creature/plant.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Bubbles… it’s bubbles you’re looking for while at the surface.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited January 20
    There should be bubbles rising to the surface that emanate from round shadows visible when you dive, you generally have to get away from the shore to see them and the RNG can be very annoying about spawning them. Touching the shadow causes you to catch it. For fast moving sea creatures the easiest way to catch them is to first approach the bubbles from the surface using only the Control Stick, it'll still flee but slower so you'll more easily close the gap this way; when you're right next to it dive and mash "A" and hopefully you catch it before it starts fleeing faster, or if you're lucky you catch it as soon as you dive. Also, unlike fish and bugs there's no special NPC that pays extra for sea creatures, so you can sell them straight to Nook's Cranny after the requisite donations to the museum.

Edit: Whoops, curse you bottom of the page. Also, every day the first time you catch a scallop Pascal will show up and ask for it, you get either a Mermaid recipe, Mermaid clothing, or a pearl for it, and as usual he'll also share a fundamental truth about the universe as extra. RNG can particularly annoying about spawning scallops, even though they don't sell for that much.

homogenized on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I forget if any of the catches can be used for food recipes... seems like some of them should, at least. I think some were for Thanks- er, Turkey Day.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I forget if any of the catches can be used for food recipes... seems like some of them should, at least. I think some were for Thanks- er, Turkey Day.

They can , I remember one for seaweed I’m sure there are others

• Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    Gonna be needing those.
    Cullen wrote: »
    If anyone is still playing and has a gallant statue so I can complete my museum let me know!

I found an extra from Redd this week. It’s in your mailbox @Cullen. : )

Only just seen this! Thank you so much. Going to fire up the game later and see Blathers' happy face.