Penny Arcade - Comic - Kakuna

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 29 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Kakuna

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on
H3KnucklesAndy JoefurlionRingoNightslyrKoopahTroopahfightinfilipinoAegericB557

Posts

  • Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    As much as it is possible to live one's best life during These Times™, supping on a hunk of meat off the bone and sipping from a bejeweled goblet might be it.

    Steel AngelV1mKoopahTroopahBobblezepherindoompooky
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    As much as it is possible to live one's best life during These Times™, supping on a hunk of meat off the bone and sipping from a bejeweled goblet might be it.

    There were plenty of legs to go around.

    Echo wrote: »
    Something working on the first try is a source of great suspicion.
    zepherin
  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    As much as it is possible to live one's best life during These Times™, supping on a hunk of meat off the bone and sipping from a bejeweled goblet might be it.

    There were plenty of legs to go around.

    I guess now we know the answer to whether he was burying or exhuming.

    As for "go back to your cocoon", Mike heard it during this racing clip.

    MichaelLCRhesus PositiveRingoNightslyrH3KnucklesKoopahTroopahzepherin
  • islingtonislington Registered User regular
    The bug was so laid back about it,"Go back to your cocoon, man...", like the lebowski of insects, "this aggression will not stand, man"

  • bastagebastage Registered User new member
    Was it not just a roundabout way to compare you to Wilford Brimley ..?

    RingodennisTofystedethH3Knuckles
  • SpinelesSSpinelesS Registered User regular
    My first thought is they were saying your old, like the people from the movie cocoon. (I know it's about old people and alien cocoons, but that's it.)

    RingoTofystedethH3KnucklesEvermournKoopahTroopah
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Anyone old enough to know Cocoon is old enough to be made fun of for being old, though.

    What 13 year old today knows about Cocoon?

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
    H3KnucklesMan in the MistsKayne Red Robe
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited July 29
    Oh yeah? I didn't hear your mom complaining about my cocoon while she was busy rubbing her hypopharynx up and down my aedeagus .

    ironzerg on


    dennisTofystedethV1mH3KnucklesKoopahTroopahMoridin889
  • His ShadowHis Shadow Registered User regular
    So glad people picked up on the "Cocoon" reference, because I too am old...

    TofystedethRingoMercadeH3Knuckles
  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    His Shadow wrote: »
    So glad people picked up on the "Cocoon" reference, because I too am old...

    All I can remember clearly about that movie is Wilford Brimley and Don Ameche talking about how hard their dicks were.

  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    I think Gabe may need a grill tutor.

    steam_sig.png
    Ringo
  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Anyone old enough to know Cocoon is old enough to be made fun of for being old, though.

    What 13 year old today knows about Cocoon?

    I dunno, it kinda tracks that they'd think the movie Cocoon is about olds living in cocoons.

    They'd kinda have the basic understanding of the movie but also, having not actually watched it, would be oblivious to the fact that only aliens actually live in the cocoons and the olds are just parasites.

    steam_sig.png
  • RingoRingo HE KEEPS REPEATING THE LINE I'M GONNA CRY BLEASE LET HIM LIVE YOU MADE ME WATCH SO MUCH KISSING IN THIS FILM LET INIGO LIVERegistered User regular
    Kakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase!

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Rhesus PositiveH3KnucklesKoopahTroopah
  • OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Maybe he thought that Gabe needed to return to his Elder Womb.

    Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Cyberpunk 2077
    Currently Playing: Watch_Dogs 2
    H3Knuckles
  • blueArcanablueArcana Registered User new member
    Metapod, Marowak, Kakuna, Clefairy
    Dodrio, Seadra, Vileplume, Krabby
    Lickitung, Tauros, Weedle, Nidoran
    Machop, Shellder, Porygon, Hitmonchan!

  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    blueArcana wrote: »
    Metapod, Marowak, Kakuna, Clefairy
    Dodrio, Seadra, Vileplume, Krabby
    Lickitung, Tauros, Weedle, Nidoran
    Machop, Shellder, Porygon, Hitmonchan!

    We didn't start the fire...

    H3KnucklesRingo
  • jnessjness Registered User new member
    Based on the jewels, was this intended to be the Infinity Goblet?

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    jness wrote: »
    Based on the jewels, was this intended to be the Infinity Goblet?

    Haha... you mean the Chaos Emeralds?

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
    Ringo
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell CharlottesvilleRegistered User regular
    i'm having a hard time believing that Brooda...Gabe is unaware of what a cocoon is

    217508184_d753V-L-2.jpg

    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
    H3KnucklescB557zepherin
  • v2miccav2micca Registered User regular
    edited July 30
    If I was to spend an inordinate amount of time examining this exchange, I might come to the following conclusion. In a vast plurality of moths and butterflies, the final winged form is used predominately for mating. Such that several species do not even possess a functional digestive system. They emerge from the cocoon, mate, then die all in a very short time relative to their entire lifespan. So perhaps the pejorative intent was, "Dude stop fucking around and dieing out there!"

    v2micca on
    RingoH3Knuckles
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    Makes sense he angered some entomologist online.

    steam_sig.png
    Ringo
  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    And now Wilford Brimley is gone. I find it hard to believe he was only 85. I'm in my 40s and it seems like he's been a crotchety old man my entire life.

    RingoH3KnucklesMarcinMN
  • RingoRingo HE KEEPS REPEATING THE LINE I'M GONNA CRY BLEASE LET HIM LIVE YOU MADE ME WATCH SO MUCH KISSING IN THIS FILM LET INIGO LIVERegistered User regular
    bastage wrote: »
    Was it not just a roundabout way to compare you to Wilford Brimley ..?

    Rest in Peace

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    H3Knuckles
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    And now Wilford Brimley is gone. I find it hard to believe he was only 85. I'm in my 40s and it seems like he's been a crotchety old man my entire life.

    The key is becoming a crotchety old man early. He was 51 in Cocoon.

    V1mH3KnucklesTofystedeth
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    i'm having a hard time believing that Brooda...Gabe is unaware of what a cocoon is

    217508184_d753V-L-2.jpg
    Broodax’s species clearly undergoes incomplete metamorphosis.

    YL9WnCY.png
  • doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    i'm having a hard time believing that Brooda...Gabe is unaware of what a cocoon is

    217508184_d753V-L-2.jpg
    Broodax’s species clearly undergoes incomplete metamorphosis.

    Ugh. Mods missing a joke? They too were kidding, gawd. This forum is turning into Reddit more and more

    we7ek91hy97o.png
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    doompooky wrote: »
    Sterica wrote: »
    i'm having a hard time believing that Brooda...Gabe is unaware of what a cocoon is

    217508184_d753V-L-2.jpg
    Broodax’s species clearly undergoes incomplete metamorphosis.

    Ugh. Mods missing a joke? They too were kidding, gawd. This forum is turning into Reddit more and more

    Man I have to be honest with you I have no clue what any of that means. Would you care to elaborate.

    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    dennis
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    doompooky wrote: »
    Sterica wrote: »
    i'm having a hard time believing that Brooda...Gabe is unaware of what a cocoon is

    217508184_d753V-L-2.jpg
    Broodax’s species clearly undergoes incomplete metamorphosis.

    Ugh. Mods missing a joke? They too were kidding, gawd. This forum is turning into Reddit more and more

    Man I have to be honest with you I have no clue what any of that means. Would you care to elaborate.

    I they're just getting fake irate for an excuse to use the "we too were kidding" line.

    steam_sig.png
Sign In or Register to comment.