Options

FALL GUYS is going to be the biggest esport.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    I want the realities of Fall Guys and Katamari to be connected somehow.

do a game where one team has group control over a katamari and the other team has to avoid it, if the katamari team rolls up the other team within the time limit they win, if the avoiding team has one bean standing within the time limit they win

boom

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    I want the realities of Fall Guys and Katamari to be connected somehow.

do a game where one team has group control over a katamari and the other team has to avoid it, if the katamari team rolls up the other team within the time limit they win, if the avoiding team has one bean standing within the time limit they win

boom

I'd enjoy it more than any of the other ball-based team games, I expect.

If we're tossing up ideas, I volunteer that Egg Scramble should have additional eggs be shot into the arena at high speeds at random angles over the course of the game.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    so there's been discussion in the community (mostly the reddit) about a two-fold problem with the 10-crown skins: they're simultaneously not seen as enough of a flex by the best players, and as unattainable by the most casual players

the answer the devs seem to have settled on is "way more free crowns in the season pass, and provide a different way for the better players to stroke their epeen"

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Trying to balance gameplay and rewards between casual and really competitive players in any game has got to be a really hairpulling, Sisyphean task.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Trying to balance gameplay and rewards between casual and really competitive players in any game has got to be a really hairpulling, Sisyphean task.

look into the absolute hurricane of bile when fortnite added skill-based matchmaking recently, it was unreal

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I have only ever won a single finale. And I only won because I dove as I fell, avoiding the slime a microsecond longer than the other player. I have lost sooooooooooooooo many in the past week. Biggest heartbreaker had to be the Fall Mountain where I got all the way to the end and jumped up excitedly to grab the crown, not realizing that fucker changes vertical position. Oops.

Anyways, am I the only person that wants stats in this game? I really want stats. I don't want to even see them until the end of a season, though. Gimme a report card once the season ends. I don't need this stuff to be real-time.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    At least one streamer that had the Robot Cat costume stopped wearing it because of players constantly grabbing him. He figured they realized he was someone that gets wins and were trying to eliminate him to give themselves a better chance. Same thing happens with them when they wear the special costume they got for competing in one of those twitch rivals.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I don't grab people, but when I spot someone in Crown-bought gear I reflexively say "Fuck that guy" so I'm not really surprised

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    4eqybckjp63c.jpg

Well, that will never happen again.

Really goddamn satisfying to achieve, though.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    jeez how do you have 14 crowns then?

• Options
    edited October 2020
    The answer to that is playing a whole bunch and having the occasional good session of a couple wins. Tonight's a good example, I haven't gotten a crown in the past week and this evening that was the first of three.

That episode was only all gold because I'm good at races and luck favored me past that point.

Dys on
  • Options

look into the absolute hurricane of bile when fortnite added skill-based matchmaking recently, it was unreal

I have no desire to go anywhere near Fortnite for any reason.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Stumbled across this

https://youtu.be/eSEdekgtjFk?t=47

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I am probably gonna hit 40 today too and then the great work will be complete

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I notched my 200th win last night, which somehow came down to me versus my teammate in a jump showdown.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    @Dys I need to know...is that your shot at a minion costume? No judgement....

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    larlar i have two wins what the fuck

• Options
    But if you've only played twice, that's amazing.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    @Dys I need to know...is that your shot at a minion costume? No judgement....

Oh goodness me, no.

I just like to combo things with the pants from the Alyx costume or the athletic shorts from the season track, just because it makes your character look like a shitty mascot for a local business or something.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Feeling satisfied with Frankenguy, might move on to The Creature From the Pink Lagoon.

https://youtu.be/5rz22ePMv_I

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Personally, I just can't wait until my personal store puts the Hearts pattern up again.

Besides pants/banana, that pattern and shorts with my colors of choice are likely going to be my other regular costume.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Success, I have made it to level 40, with 5 days to spare. Now to never do that again.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Well that's one way to get around the fact they'll never trust us with usernames again

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Man, spicy is so fetch...

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

anybody still scrambling to hit 40 before season 1 ends is getting a little extra time and a little bit of help

edit: another tweet clarified that double fame gain starts monday

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    oh good, i was not going to get those final 2 levels in 3 days

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I realized how little time was left in the season the other day when we were at level 32. We hit 39 the other night, and it was slightly soul-crushing to see that getting to 40 was literally 10% of the total XP for the season. But, we're crushing it right back. Already over a third of the way there. The extra Fame will be nice, but I think I'm gonna be done before it even hits on Monday.

• Options
    You can totally do it. I'm not saying that traversing the last level is insignificant, but once you hit 39, you've really got most of the heavy lifting already done.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options

Feel free to jump into my sessions any time. I usually remember to start an open ps party when I get going so friends can cycle in and out as they please.

...assuming you play on PS4.

...........also assuming we're already PS4 friends.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Larlar wrote: »

Feel free to jump into my sessions any time. I usually remember to start an open ps party when I get going so friends can cycle in and out as they please.

...assuming you play on PS4.

...........also assuming we're already PS4 friends.

i do play it on PS4!

i don't know if we're ps4 friends because this is probably the first online multiplayer game i've ever played on playstation for more than one session

• Options
    i could be convinced to party up on ps4 sometime

I almost never really play multi outside of fighting games so I probably don't have either of you added

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I still have yet to win in Hex-a-Gone. It's my kryptonite.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Falloween day 2: The Creature From The Pink Lagoon

5WjTM0m.png

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Alright the deed is done, rank 40 and another 10 crowns

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Thought I'd play 1 quick game this mornig, my first in a while, I got Gate Crash (nice) - Jinxed (sigh) - Tail Grab (omfg) - Tiptoe (!) and then Jump Show Down

I won because whilst all 4 of us got knocked off at the same time on Jump Show Down I got hit the hardest and fell the longest.

Feeling pretty boss.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    I've only been able to win jump showdown one time by getting to an isolated section so nobody could mess with me

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Day 3: The Grim Leaper

SlcMCFQ.png

Mwx884o.jpg