As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's New Consoles! XSX Nov 10, PS5 Nov 12

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »

Nice, thanks! Got myself on a wait list so we'll see how things go

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Have y'all seen this "PS Plus Collection" thing? It's a few weeks old but I just spotted it in the store

It's a bunch of PS4 games that are ongoing free for PS Plus members on PS5. Big games, too

Batman: Arkham Knight
    Battlefield 1
    Bloodborne
    Call of Duty Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    Days Gone
    Detroit: Become Human
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV
    God of War
    inFAMOUS: Second Son
    The Last Guardian
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Monster Hunter: World
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Ratchet & Clank
    Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    Until Dawn

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Uncharted 4 has become weirdly underrated

I like to mock Neil Druckmann and Last of Us 2 as much as anybody, but when they are on top of things they do some really great stuff, I really loved that one and it kinda got swept under the "they did this too many times" rug

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I like to mock Neil Druckmann and Last of Us 2 as much as anybody, but when they are on top of things they do some really great stuff, I really loved that one and it kinda got swept under the "they did this too many times" rug

yeah! when they announced it I rolled my eyes but they definitely justified doing a fourth one, the brother stuff is all really really good!

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Uncharted 4 was very good and did a bunch of things 3 was trying to do much better.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The PS4 collection is great. Of course it’s mostly games people probably already have if they had any interest in them, but I’ve picked up a couple games I skipped, or just claimed the games so I don’t have to find my discs to play.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I'd like to see a PS5 Uncharted, something similar to Lost Legacy maybe

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    it's moderately annoying that it's Persona 5 in there and not Royal, considering Royal is better in basically every way, but some P5 is better than none at all

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Uncharted 4 dethroned 2 as my favorite uncharted.

It also has one of the best endings in video games. Just a real nice way to tie a bow on Nate's adventures.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Uncharted 4, I think, suffered from some of the same issues with gameplay that HD remasters have with graphics, in that everyone knows the remaster looks better but in their mind it's how they remember the old games looking, so it doesn't feel as impressive as it probably should.

Uncharted 4 plays significantly better than UC1-3, but it also plays like they should have played, so it didn't feel particularly new.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I played them all back to back a month ago for the first time. 1's clunky but everything else holds up. Hard to pick a favorite since 2-4 run together in my mind.
    Big improvement to combat with the grapple rope in 4, being able to lose enemies and stealth them from above gave the combat a nice arkham predator feel. Only really got burned out during Lost Legacy.
    Ran into a few glitches though

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Uncharthed 4 is bad. It's too fucking long and retcons a bunch of shit another author wrote because Druckman thinks he's better than everyone and tells the exact same story as 3 but worse.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    3 is the worst in the series and 4 is much better, despite its uneven pacing (the result of being too long).

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    (well now they can't both be right...)

• Options
    3 has two of the worst digressions in the series. The plane graveyard, a random place that is not connected to the Macguffin or the journey or the theme or anything, where the result is that you didn't get any new information to proceed with the plot by going there and you start from square one after escaping it. The other one is the desert, where the gameplay becomes completely unhinged and unworkable to attempt to make a thematic point about the power of nature (I THINK that's what they were trying to do??) which is then immediately thrown overboard to have a lol funnee surprise gunfight joke.

4's sins are levels that are a bit too long. Sometimes. It plays the best in the series, no contest, and has MUCH better writing than 3.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    3 is my least favorite simply because i played it before they put the old controls back in or whatever it was

i just remember absolutely hating the combat in it

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    each uncharted game is better than the previous one

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    personally i think rise of skywalker was the best one

• Options
    Which is the one with the dumb fire genies with the flaming eyes?

That one is the worst.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

I think Brolo is officially out of warranty.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

I think Brolo is officially out of warranty.

let's burn him in the backyard

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Which is the one with the dumb fire genies with the flaming eyes?

That one is the worst.

Pretty sure that's from the last section of 3

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Like, Uncharted 4 is the worst soley because it retcons Drake from being a poor orphan who learned everything he knows about archeology the hard way to the son of an extremely successful archeologist who'd be rich if his evil stepdad hadn't disowned him.

Because lord knows nobody can ever just work to be something, its gotta be in their blood right?

Not to mention changing the whole Drake name thing from something his dying mom told him to make him feel better into just something him and his shitty brother we've never heard of before cooked up on the fly.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I would say 4 does a little more to explore the themes that 3 just kind of gestures at but yes it may as well be set in a different universe than 3

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Why didn't Nathaniel Drake ever just buy a friggin' chart

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Why didn't Nathaniel Drake ever just buy a friggin' chart

he did once

however he was decharted after another thief stole it from him

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Uncharted 3 had multiple gameplay sequences that were total ass to play though.

I have Lost Legacy, but I am weirded out that one of the main characters in the game is a black woman that's played by a white woman

• Options
    Wait really?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    v5nGdRx.jpg

yeah

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    also Claudia Black's character dealing with her Indian heritage

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Could be worse. The white guy who played the black guy in DMC5 had a Youtube channel full of all sorts of racist videos.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the weirdest thing about that is that like...I don't ever see anyone really bring it up? it's a recent-ish game in a wildly successful series, and that character was in the main series

I mean it's far from the most egregious thing that naughty dog has ever done, but still

• Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    the weirdest thing about that is that like...I don't ever see anyone really bring it up? it's a recent-ish game in a wildly successful series, and that character was in the main series

I mean it's far from the most egregious thing that naughty dog has ever done, but still

When Uncharted 4 came out (2016), that debate hadn't developed quite as far as it has now, and they didn't even consider recasting for Lost Legacy. I did see an article about it, retrospectively. I would guess they'd recast her at this point if they wanted to bring the character back, similar to what Big Mouth did recently. I think the show Central Park is a useful yardstick for when the debate really shifted in the mainstream. A 2018 made show that cast Kristen Bell as a mixed race girl for season one and recast that character as Emmy Raver-Lampman for season 2. In January 2020, the creator was saying that Kristen Bell was definitely the right casting choice, but then backed down completely by June of 2020.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Naughty Dog is one of those companies people will always be willing to gloss over their uglier bits because they're the super prestige game development studio. It sucks, but that's our shitty industry.

If you spin out a game the people think is gold, they will ignore a lot of shit.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I guess it might be a case of different circles, because I’ve definitely seen the Nadine Ross thing get brought up more in recent years, likely prompted by Laura’s boost in popularity with CR and TLoU2.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Apparently the 360 remaster of Goldeneye got leaked, and it looks really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIwWLCcY1bw

sig.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Destruction AllStars is a real fucking stupid game, and I played it for three hours straight last night

my main is Genesis, who’s the fastest runner in the game and her car is a rocket car, where the ult is to engage the rockets

• Options
    I played it for an hour or so on tuesday and it gave me a headache

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Yeah the Goldeneye remaster is rad as hell, so glad to finally see it out there. Here's a full playthrough of the campaign and some MP
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0GinqO4lhU

This one's fun because he messes with a debug menu and all kinds of wacky cheats and graphics options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOsWmOoYxq8

Crippl3 on
This discussion has been closed.