As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Here comes the Smolder

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I am the dumb and bought the pass thing on like Wednesday of last week so I only had until tonight to get the quests done. I got like, 60% of them and hey thats not awful!

Hey! Me too! I was hoping to power through the last of it yesterday afternoon...but, well...

My cat had other plans in mind.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I found a bug that's driving me insane: every time I launch the game, I get a message about receiving a new Key Fragment, even though I do not get any.

I knew that LoL is a cruel game, but this is downright sadistic!

I still get a message that my friend opened a skin I sent him over a year ago, about every time I open the client

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I had in my Loot inventory 520, 750 and 975 RP skins for characters I did not intend to use, so like a dumb man I am, I decided to risk it and reroll them into random permanent skin.

Surprisingly, I've got something good for it, which is Odyssey Kha'Zix - now I just have to learn to play him...

Also, I had an unused Eternum Nocturne skin shard for the last 3 years, so I finally acquired it after returning to the game - I guess I will be playing Vi in jungle and learning Kha'Zix and Nocturne now, when I am not focused on playing Fiora top?

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    I
    I found a bug that's driving me insane: every time I launch the game, I get a message about receiving a new Key Fragment, even though I do not get any.

I knew that LoL is a cruel game, but this is downright sadistic!

I still get a message that my friend opened a skin I sent him over a year ago, about every time I open the client

Me too, for several months now

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Surprisingly, I've got something good for it, which is Odyssey Kha'Zix - now I just have to learn to play him...

Also, I had an unused Eternum Nocturne skin shard for the last 3 years, so I finally acquired it after returning to the game - I guess I will be playing Vi in jungle and learning Kha'Zix and Nocturne now, when I am not focused on playing Fiora top?

I have not had success on Kha much lately, but 1) I haven't played him a lot, just the occasional random normals game, so I'm rusty and 2) supposedly the new assassin items are good, and I have done no research into that aspect.

I do like Nocturne quite a lot! Also was iffy with him, but again see the previous lines. He's a champion I enjoy, though--pretty flexible.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    seem alright, don't play any of those champs tho except some anivia and papercraft is way better so miss for me.

vlad's pool animation is nice, reminds me of the morde passive, which is one of the prettiest cosmic skins.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Get the twitch kda capsule. Has 2 kda skins in it, awesome!

I get 2 fucking icons. What a bait and switch

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I mean, it is called the "K/DA Icon Capsule".

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    Get the twitch kda capsule. Has 2 kda skins in it, awesome!

I get 2 fucking icons. What a bait and switch

ya, it was like that for everyone. not even new icons lol, you got them for watching a twitch stream as well. rito stingy.

but these twitch things used to be full ass legendary permanents, now it's just rando shards.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Is Ranked disabled / not tracking wins/losses until the new Season?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    wrt Clash, there's a new ingame feature where you can list yourself as a free agent and join randos looking for groups

I will not do it nor will I turn it on to make 5, because playing with even slightly salty people for 3-4 games is not great, let alone total randos who could have typical soloq mental. Good vibes on comms is #1 thing that makes Clash fun imo. However if you are more willing to roll the dice, it is an option and it could end up being a cool experience if you meet chill teammates.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    There is something I do not understand: sometimes, despite having less farm than me, my lane opponent hits level 2 faster than me. How is this possible?

• Options
    Minions give xp even if you don’t cs them, level 2 is the first melee minion in 2nd wave for solo lanes, and the 3rd melee minion in bot.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    There is something I do not understand: sometimes, despite having less farm than me, my lane opponent hits level 2 faster than me. How is this possible?

Minions give exp if you are close enough to them when they die. Doesn't matter if you kill them.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Anivia, Nami, and Varus are probably my least favorite of them, but overall I really like the new cosmic skins. Hecarim and Illaoi are really cool.

I forgot about the free agency feature, but yes, it's been a thing since at least the last tournament. No real desire to turn it on for myself, either, but it would definitely simplify the Step 1 that's actually more like "send messages to everyone you know; at least half will not respond / take forever; then you have to sort everyone for roles, and at least two who thought they could play will not. Alternatively, you'll get 10 'maybes' so good luck sorting through that."

Ivellius on
    Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options

Aside from what everyone has said about minion xp gained by proximity, if there were lvl 1 shenanigans and your opponent got a kill, that can make them level up earlier than expected from that extra xp.
    Another thing can be if you are in botlane and the support is playing out of xp range (came to lane late or positioning weirdly) the adc will take more than their fair share of the xp and level up faster than you expected.

In general, become familiar with the breakpoints for lvl 2; it’s really important to know you have a window for a great trade or even a kill if you hit it first, and similarly if you don’t hit it first you are at risk and need to play accordingly.

• Options
    lol if this is where riot thinks bot lane should be, this is unbelievable.

why would anyone play adc with the balance like this. i felt like a literal god last season compared to how this is, you do zero damage, can barely kill waves even on extreme waveclear champs like jinx, you get instakilled by literally everyone. I'm honesrly baffled that this is where they thought the game should go. Crits just feels useless, there's no way any crit adc is viable right now.

i honest to god shot a jungle sion about 25 times with <10% hp, ulted him on jinx and he walked away. he had one armor item. every time he hit me with any skill i got ohkoed.

what the absolute fuck man. at least if you played perfect before you could actually kill shit. this is unbelievably bad and if they don't do a serious rework on these items soon i really doubt i'll keep playing this role, mages in bot lane have to be better, there's just no way.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    wrt Clash, there's a new ingame feature where you can list yourself as a free agent and join randos looking for groups

I will not do it nor will I turn it on to make 5, because playing with even slightly salty people for 3-4 games is not great, let alone total randos who could have typical soloq mental. Good vibes on comms is #1 thing that makes Clash fun imo. However if you are more willing to roll the dice, it is an option and it could end up being a cool experience if you meet chill teammates.

Well there's plenty of us less fortunate than you on these forums that just simply cannot find teams. So I love this.

• Options
    Does blitz.gg app or whatever it is recommned items simpler than the new store? I hate it so far , can't find what i want to buy

• Options
    edited November 2020
    lost 3 games in a row, i had a 65% wr on adc last season, with an average line of 7.5/4/7.5

the 3 losses were 6/12/16, 1/6/1, 2/7/1. at no point did i have a single once of agency in any of the games. truly i've never seen a balance team miss the mark this bad, i'm considering refunding the star guardian skin i bought because i doubt i'll ever play jinx again.

edit: def feels like the way to go is play on hit or lethality. lethality jhin is insane, go around 2 shotting anyone who can't 2 shot you first (which is uh, not as easy as it seems when fizz is in the game). rageblade also seems bonkers good, but hard to tell because it seems like ashe is bugged right now to get crit bonuses even with rageblade.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So...

Me and my small crew of folks regularly play bot matches. Now, normally, we just want to get in, maybe try out champs we're still kinda learning or are trying to refine a build order in beginner bots. Things have been working pretty well using that mode and difficulty in bringing new friends into giving the game a whirl. For new players, it's not too easy...for the friends who've been around a bit longer, we can hop a lane to provide support when needed.

Well, the update that landed today kinda upset that balance a bit. Looks like Riot changed up the bot item allotment to be closer to what intermediate bots are given (it's not as heavily doled out...but it's considerably more than what it used to be). Add in the overabundance of the player bots (two games in a row, two friends and I had a pair of the shittiest botters tossed into our group), and our 15-18 minute matches have turned into 25-30 minute slog fests.

Also, it feels like some of the skill-shot hitboxes have been narrowed considerably. Running Nidalee and having her spear throw appear to go through a target that would've landed a couple nights ago is infuriating. Just going to have to get used to spending a little more time getting the aim just right.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I got too used to URF, all my timing is off and I keep forgetting mana is a thing.

I also feel like a mythic item first on ADC is a big ass trap. I've done it a few times now and I don't really feel any kind of spike in usefulness. I really need to start permabanning Vayne though.

I want URF back.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Ok, I played about 4 games of aram.

I totally hate the new item shop. I don't know how to find shit. And recommended items? That'a joke. Add in new super items, how do I even find them?

I'll probably figure this new shit out, but after playing since it first came out, this might just break me. The jungle changes a few years back broke me for a year or so. Then worlds came around, and I figured them out.

But I'm just hating playing right now with the new store, the new items, builds, etc.... especially the store. I feel like they went from a nice simple interface that even new players could use with the recommended items. It may be more fancy now, but it's confusing as fuck.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Tanks are strong! The new sunfire cape on leona is a ton of damage and also gives you wave clear!

• Options
    ya tanks are insane right now, top 4 top laners are all tanks with 55%+ winrates, 7 of the top 11. There is a single non-tank/ranged top laner in the top 10, wukong.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    It's preseason. They'll re-balance heavily. I wouldn't worry.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I've always enjoyed tanky league, it makes each role feel a little more important. ADCs are ADCs instead of assassins and assassins are assassins instead of ADCs that cast more spells.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

But this is why I don't play during preseason, otherwise I'd be doomposting as hard as Knight about the same issue! It's so upsetting when it feels like your role got bad, even if it's only temporary due to preseason. Because emotionally it's like, what if it's not temporary aaaaaaaaaaa :(:(:(

So I will happily come back once they've worked out the balance, but for now it is clash only and otherwise I just play other games while waiting for data to aggregate/balance to be restored

• Options
    well for me it's just adc was always kinda upsetting, it's painful getting instakilled by a 1/7/5 garen who flashes on you even though you're 14/3/10. but at least before you could like, do damage generally. and the whole thing they were talking about was agency and what they were going to do to make adc feel better to play, but it's only gone the other way for the adcs i like, which sucks.

and it's like, jinx is liable to sit and be terrible for the rest of the season if they don't rework the system because she's so low playrate that they'll just forget about her. i'm going to try some different builds tonight, see if maybe rushing iedge into kraken slayer helps bring back some pop to crits or something idk.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Rushing I-edge is bad. Don't do it. It requires other crit items to be good.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

But this is why I don't play during preseason, otherwise I'd be doomposting as hard as Knight about the same issue! It's so upsetting when it feels like your role got bad, even if it's only temporary due to preseason. Because emotionally it's like, what if it's not temporary aaaaaaaaaaa :(:(:(

So I will happily come back once they've worked out the balance, but for now it is clash only and otherwise I just play other games while waiting for data to aggregate/balance to be restored

ADC is fine. Shieldbow and Galeforce can keep you safer. The more immobile adcs suffer yes, but the AD assassins have always been an issue for them anyways.

Also IE is bad now early. It's only good as one of your last items.

Tanks were very bad on the PBE so I'm glad to see they are doing well now

• Options
    edited November 2020

Rushing iedge was meta before and maybe still meta now, bad or not.

Everyone including high elo types does it on Jinx. I do also on ADCs, including Jinx, that I don't start ER on or do some sort of guinsoos path with (well and Caitlyn I usually was doing stormrazor for the early game mega auto). Currently if we look at probuilds.net, pro adc guys are building IE first on Jinx.

That's not a numbers argument as to what's optimal, but I believe it's an accurate representation of the consensus build, and it definitely feels good as you're building it. Back and buy some AD, back and buy some more AD, nice nice nice.

credeiki on
  • Options
    • New IE is 3400 gold for 70 AD, 20% crit, and a passive that gives 8% crit damage for every 20% crit.
    • New Bloodthirster is 3400 gold for 55 AD, 20% crit, 20% lifesteal and a 50-350 health shield.
    • New Stormrazor is 23700 gold for 40 AD, 15% AS, 20% crit.
    • Immortal Shieldbow, new survivability mythic, is 3400 gold for 50 AD, 15% AS, 20% crit, 12% lifesteal, and a lifeline passive.
    • Kraken Slayer is 60 AD, 25% AS, 20% crit, and a massive 1/3 on hit for 60+(30% bonus AD) true damage. As a first item, that would be around 85-ish true damage I think (accounting for rune stuff)?

I'm having trouble seeing how 15 AD and 8% crit damage is worth giving up major survivability options available in other first items, and in terms of pure damage I suspect IE first loses to Kraken first. Dunno, ADC math isn't my specialty but I'm not seeing a good reason to rush IE with these other items available, and I can't imagine laning as an IE-first Jinx against something like a BT-first Draven.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I've been really torn on build order. The new mythics give a lot but at most in all my games I've made at most 2 legendary items. A lot of that is due to me being trash but even the fed players didn't get past 2 legendaries.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    ADC build order certainly feels weird now, that's for sure.

• Options

Did they fuck up ie again? They keep trying to change it but it's one of the items that makes adcs feel like they got a big buy in.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    IE just is no longer a rush item, looks like. Instead of boosting all crits by an extra 25% damage, it gradually gives you extra crit damage as you accumulate crit chance. I’ve done no math but it looks like it makes sense to build other crit items early, if you’re going that route, and cap your build off with an IE.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me