As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Kingdom Rush Vengeance, Aquanox & Crown Trick out today!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Brolo wrote: »
    LT14u5P.jpg
    lol the fuck you say

jjBiXdu.jpg

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I was going to ask wouldn't that just result in ebay banning his bot after nonpayment, but then I realized he'll have already screwed up a bunch of auctions at that point.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    You gotta appreciate someone who can make jokes at their own expense.

There was an internet reviewer (Civvie 11) who kind of broke late 90's Romero down in a way I had never thought of before.

"Imagine it was 1997 and a few years back you were responsible for making the best levels in one of the most important video games ever created. Imagine that those levels, included for free as shareware, were installed on more computers than windows. Imagine that Bill Gates, at that time the richest man in the world, stood in front of a green screen proclaiming that the next version of the product that made him so incomprehensibly wealthy would run your product, and he's doing this to hype people for his already ubiquitous operating system. He's standing in front of a green screen that's projecting a virtual room that you designed in order to do this.

On top of all that, some people might develop a bit of an ego. If you made Doom when you were 26, you would have let it get to you."

Crashing and burning hard on Daikatana is probably why he's able to make jokes at his own expense now. God help us all if it had been really good.
    We've seen what happens in that situation, you turn into Jonathan Blow.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Got the official e-mail from Microsoft.
    As of September 17, 2020, Xbox Game Pass for PC is ending introductory pricing and exiting Beta. As we are ending our introductory pricing, your recurring monthly subscription fee is increasing from $4.99 to $9.99; existing subscribers will keep their current subscription fee for 30 days. You will be charged the new price your first billing cycle after October 17, 2020, unless you choose to cancel your subscription before your next scheduled payment in your Microsoft account at Services & subscriptions.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I feel like the biggest differential between HADES and the other popular roguelites is that HADES organically weaves the roguelike tropes (live, die, repeat, incremental power ups, redoing the same sequence. . .ish) into its fully formed narrative. The gameplay and systems are deep here, but it's the story that sets it apart from the other titans of the genre (no pun intended).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    I feel like the biggest differential between HADES and the other popular roguelites is that HADES organically weaves the roguelike tropes (live, die, repeat, incremental power ups, redoing the same sequence. . .ish) into its fully formed narrative. The gameplay and systems are deep here, but it's the story that sets it apart from the other titans of the genre (no pun intended).

I think that is something that other roguelikes have been starting to try to do (there's some stuff there with Dead Cells, for instance), but Hades is definitely the one that is doing the best at it.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I have about 60 runs in Hades, 15 on a lost save (Back when it didn't have cloud saving and I switched PCs and was ok with restarting). I just got 1 win on each weapon.

It is a very good game, but completionists be aware that that anywhere near 100% is extremely long. The amount of Nectar and the amount of Wins you need to unlock every option is exhausting.

It's hard to put a number on it, but well over 150h. 300h wouldn't surprise me.I got maybe 40h on this and while I am nearly maxed on Darkness, I'm barely scratching the surface on most other currencies.
    And while the game gets easier until you start to beat it, it then starts getting harder. So it's not like something you can trust to finish if you put in the time.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Yeah it's nothing I'd feel compelled to fuck with but the grinding needed to 100% Hades appears utterly fucking preposterous

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Yeah it's nothing I'd feel compelled to fuck with but the grinding needed to 100% Hades appears utterly fucking preposterous

Especially since you'd have to use the Bow and no uh thank you

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

One of the aspects of the bow actually make it one of the most broken weapons in the game, or at least it did several months ago. i agree the base level is garbage though

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Yeah I aint much for that one neither unless it's got the upgrade that just makes it rip full auto

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Hades has an exceptionally long tail partially as a way to extend content for people who played a ton when it didn't have a real ending, but doesn't require that to 100% on achievements. 100%ing the game is also just practically impossible because good luck actually beating max heat runs (not needed to unlock anything but that feels more like 100%ing the game than buying eight drape colors)

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The bows special is essentially a shotgun.
    Dash through someone, hit them with multiple shots.
    If you can get a damage effect per arrow it goes crazy.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I stopped playing Blacksad for a bit (big fan of the comics, the game just feels very basic in comparison), to do a few Hades runs. I'm terrible with bow and gun (1 completion for both), but the other weapons go reasonably well. (And yes, I'm on my 150th run right now, but it's done over months. Good game for some quick runs for a day and then come back to it a week or month later.)

edit: for a succesful bow or gun run, you really need the luck out with the right hammers.

Dizzy D on
    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    The bows special is essentially a shotgun.
    Dash through someone, hit them with multiple shots.
    If you can get a damage effect per arrow it goes crazy.

I just hate having to hold the attack button for even a basic attack. It feels bad.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    I stopped playing Blacksad for a bit (big fan of the comics, the game just feels very basic in comparison), to do a few Hades runs. I'm terrible with bow and gun (1 completion for both), but the other weapons go reasonably well. (And yes, I'm on my 150th run right now, but it's done over months. Good game for some quick runs for a day and then come back to it a week or month later.)

edit: for a succesful bow or gun run, you really need the luck out with the right hammers.

Bow was fine even before the buffs and gun is probably one of the strongest weapons, especially since both have stupid-broken aspects.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Man I LOVE the bow. I struggle to get past Meg with the other stuff but I am aces at getting her with the bow

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I got Hades like a year agoin early access and would basically try a few runs every update and then leave it for a while, I only actually beat the end boss maybe two months ago. I am a bit annoyed at how long some of the character story progression seems to take though, I'm avoiding looking up details from the wiki but it doesn't seem like I'm anywhere near getting towards the end of any characters despite how much I've played.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The bow is probably my second favorite. Spear takes first spot for me, but I'm a big ranged fighter with that as well. And then like... boxing gloves I guess? They're a bit of a toss up, where I either completely suck with them or have incredibly strong runs, no in between.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    So far I like all the weapons, except the AEGIS (even though I got pretty far with it the first time): I just don't like the standard attack. GLOVES/SPEAR are my favorite followed by the BOW.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    I'm real bad with the sword and the shield

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    So far I like all the weapons, except the AEGIS (even though I got pretty far with it the first time): I just don't like the standard attack. GLOVES/SPEAR are my favorite followed by the BOW.

the zeus aspect with the aegis does....very mean things to people. Slap the Zeus flourish on it and you'll basically never use the normal attack other than to clean up some stuff.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    What begins as a simple rescue mission becomes the battleground of a new war as alien invaders swarm over a North Korean island chain. Armed with a powerful Nanosuit, players can become invisible to stalk enemy patrols, or boost strength to lay waste to vehicles. The Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight, while a huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style. In the ever-changing environment, adapt tactics and gear to dominate your enemies, in an enormous sandbox world.

20200918 Crysis Remasted (EGS, fps, sandbox, MAXIMUM GRAPHICS, MAXIMUM GAME)

Brolo on
  • Options
    So world war z went on sale and as i am a borderline necrophiliac i bought it and it's not bad! I hear the online is balls but i don't know anyone else that would play it with me so there we are, problem solved

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

One of the aspects of the bow actually make it one of the most broken weapons in the game, or at least it did several months ago. i agree the base level is garbage though

Are you talking about the aspect
    Where the special shoots multiple seeking arrows at the last enemy you hit with the basic attack? It is absurdly good at melting single targets. Especially with the hammer upgrade that adds arrows.

Throw on a boon that adds special damage, or a stacking per hit debuff, or anything that adds extra damage per hit just go nuts.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    should I play Control now on this gaming laptop that can run the game on medium

or should I wait two whole months for my tower PC to be built to play through it then

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Michael Ancel quits video games to work in a wildlife refuge
    Michel Ancel has announced he has left the video game industry to focus full-time on a wildlife sanctuary.

Ancel's prolific 30-year career saw him create franchises at Ubisoft such as Rayman, Rabbids and Beyond Good & Evil.

Announcing his departure via Instagram, Ancel confirmed that his two ongoing projects - Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Wild - would continue without him.

"Today is very special for me," Ancel wrote. "After more than 30 years, I've decided to stop working on video games and fully focus on my second passion: Wild Life!

"My new project takes place in the real world and consists in a wild life open sanctuary dedicated to education, nature lovers and... wild animals.

"Many of you might want to know what will happen to Wild and BGE2. No worries, since many months now the teams are autonomous and the projects are going super well. Beautiful things to be seen soon.

"May the fox be with you.

"🦊."

Good for him although I'm bummed we won't be getting more Rayman games.

I Zimbra on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I've been wondering what happened to those two games. Though, with all the shit that came out about Ubisoft "lately" I guess there are some strong indicators...

• Options
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Michael Ancel quits video games to work in a wildlife refuge
    Michel Ancel has announced he has left the video game industry to focus full-time on a wildlife sanctuary.

Ancel's prolific 30-year career saw him create franchises at Ubisoft such as Rayman, Rabbids and Beyond Good & Evil.

Announcing his departure via Instagram, Ancel confirmed that his two ongoing projects - Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Wild - would continue without him.

"Today is very special for me," Ancel wrote. "After more than 30 years, I've decided to stop working on video games and fully focus on my second passion: Wild Life!

"My new project takes place in the real world and consists in a wild life open sanctuary dedicated to education, nature lovers and... wild animals.

"Many of you might want to know what will happen to Wild and BGE2. No worries, since many months now the teams are autonomous and the projects are going super well. Beautiful things to be seen soon.

"May the fox be with you.

"🦊."

Good for him although I'm bummed we won't be getting more Rayman games.

wow that's totally cool

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    should I play Control now on this gaming laptop that can run the game on medium

or should I wait two whole months for my tower PC to be built to play through it then

wait the two months and push those goddamn rays

trace the hell out of those rays

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I do not know Michael Ancel, or a thing about his work. So maybe this is just a legit pivot to another line of work to let the fans know.

Maybe I've become too cyncial, but I feel like in this day and age 9 times out of 10 a sudden announcement like this to leave something and spend time with your familywildlife is someone trying to get out ahead of breaking accusations of some sort. Cynical suspicions in this case are only heightened by the person having been at Ubisoft.

I hope that's not the case.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Origins is a weird title to have for a patch of a game people hated when it came out.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I keep on kind of waiting for news to drop about Michel Ancel being responsible for some terrible stuff given Ubisoft.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    Origins is a weird title to have for a patch of a game people hated when it came out.

I loved it when it came out; now it's an annoying same-y bore fest.

Which seems to always happen when you listen to your whinier fans.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    NMS has never managed to keep me playing for more than a dozen hours or so. I like it but I just never feel a reason to keep playing since i'm not achieving anything.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

No Man's Sky is still pretty rough in spots (comes from being a small team and not having a huge QA farm) but it is vastly more stable and playable than Star Citizen at this point

And you can just buy the game and play it! And not have to buy specific ships for real actual human money!!

I think it's pretty great how they've supported that thing! Even if a lot of it has gotten away from the specific feeling I enjoyed about it at launch, I'm also a fan of many other feelings it evokes, so it's cool

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Is that the first time they've mentioned the existence of Wild in like three years?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Random question; did the PC/Steam release of Chrono Trigger ever get patched to fix the weird shit it had going on, like the weird tile errors on the world map and such? Or is it still a shitty port of an iPhone port?

This discussion has been closed.