As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's time to not talk about Outlaws in [chat]

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    possum-steal-cat-food-fb2.jpg

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    A lot of first party PS5 games are going to be 69.99

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I never pretend to be anything other than what I am because I absolutely hate white people's shitcan responses and I just want to get through it asap

No, you aren't insightful or clever or witty with any of your questions, comments, or attempts at signaling that you know a single cultural thing about asia
    Oh noooooo. Should I not ask which province a Chinese person is from or which region an Indian person is from? If they say where they are from of course. I only ask because I know the geography and some of the differences based on other people from those regions....

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Yeah. I kinda coughed when they said "Thanks for supporting us." in the showcase. Yeah, sure Sony.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    gonna post my favourite picture from April here again, because apropos twins and social relationships during the epidemic:

the twin brothers Pontus (71) and Ola (71) live in Sweden and Norway, respectively, and with the border closed, their weekly meeting is being held at the border on the Svinesund Bridge

zEX6FizilZvgiI9tn59mUAmHQnCdaqX9U6oAcbWjZaAw.jpg

I like how the angle of the border line shows how the photographer took it on the Norse side.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    i wonder how many asian people say they are a different kind of asian just to fuck with white people

i'm pretty sure i would

My Thai friends, when people ask if they are related they say "what do you think all Asian people look alike?!"

They are identical twin brothers.

Story time!

So there are these two identical twins in their early 60s living in this neighborhood. One of them dresses kind of casual with scruffy hair, the other one always wears a suit - nothing super-fancy, just a nice-looking stylish suit. Also, one of them has a pencil mustache, the other one is clean shaven.

One day I noticed something, purely because one of them has a mustache.

The fuckers take turns dressing fancy.

I have a quick question that's more of a statement that's more of a veiled accusation

does anyone else think it's weird that two twins, adult men in their 60s, live together/near one another and dress alike?
    I always assume twins have sex with each other even if no one talks about it. Or like because they share the same thoughts it's just easier to live together.

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Facebook keeps recommending weirdly accurate friend requests for people I've forgotten about

The kind of shit thing about being trans is that there's zero way for any of these people to actually know who I am, so even if they wanted to initiate contact, they wouldn't realize there's an opportunity. But I refuse to initiate contact over Facebook, and also I'm lazy, so mleh.

I ditched social media once parents and grandparents started joining, so I have never been a Facebook person. But, I had <redacted> years long career before transitioning, so I get the fun time of being on LinkedIn. You get to see how one former co-worker checks your profile, then followed by 5-10 other people who also worked there at the time. I feel like I could craft a gossip diffusion model for the spread of people talking about my transition.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Ola, by the way, lives in norway because he moved to Halden to work as a school nurse in 1983 - which in norwegian was helsesøster, health sister

was gonna be temporary but he met another sister who he fell for and got married, and enjoyed being the only two helsesøstre who were married.

he also never cared for the debate to give the profession another title, and him saying he didn't mind being sister Ola usually ended discussion

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

So 89.99 CDN then, joy.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    gonna post my favourite picture from April here again, because apropos twins and social relationships during the epidemic:

the twin brothers Pontus (71) and Ola (71) live in Sweden and Norway, respectively, and with the border closed, their weekly meeting is being held at the border on the Svinesund Bridge

zEX6FizilZvgiI9tn59mUAmHQnCdaqX9U6oAcbWjZaAw.jpg

I like how the angle of the border line shows how the photographer took it on the Norse side.

if the photographer had crossed the border it would mean 14 day quarantine, so, maybe stay on the safe side and just lean

(we're all equally norse, though :P)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    today fucking sucked.

Work was fine but i got hello anxiety for no reason.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    current mood
    depositphotos_4999784-stock-photo-a-reflection-of-a-kitten.jpg

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Nieratko?

Is that eastern european for "can only operate in douchebag mode"?

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    i wonder how many asian people say they are a different kind of asian just to fuck with white people

i'm pretty sure i would

My Thai friends, when people ask if they are related they say "what do you think all Asian people look alike?!"

They are identical twin brothers.

Story time!

So there are these two identical twins in their early 60s living in this neighborhood. One of them dresses kind of casual with scruffy hair, the other one always wears a suit - nothing super-fancy, just a nice-looking stylish suit. Also, one of them has a pencil mustache, the other one is clean shaven.

One day I noticed something, purely because one of them has a mustache.

The fuckers take turns dressing fancy.

I have a quick question that's more of a statement that's more of a veiled accusation

does anyone else think it's weird that two twins, adult men in their 60s, live together/near one another and dress alike?

Not if they’re both married to me

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Yeah. I kinda coughed when they said "Thanks for supporting us." in the showcase. Yeah, sure Sony.

I expect that's part of how they can get away with the console price.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    is it less weird if the twins live together with their twin spouses

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    jesus christ this netflix show

Away

spoilers
    literally every three minutes of every episode is a new crisis of someone being either a complete idiot or completely unfit for their job doing something that endangers the entire mission

it's amazing how stupid this show is

• Options

Away

spoilers
    literally every three minutes of every episode is a new crisis of someone being either a complete idiot or completely unfit for their job doing something that endangers the entire mission

I can't watch space shows where everyone is incompetent. It makes me so mad.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    is it less weird if the twins live together with their twin spouses

no.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Demons Souls remake only timed exclusive for PS5.

Coming to PC.

Getting all them Playstation exclusives.

Suck it, console peasants.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Gross ps5 first party games are $70

Yeah NO

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options

Away

spoilers

I usually really hate "the everybody is stupid because my shitty script won't work otherwise" trope of bad writers

space it's especially fucking annoying because other settings, some of the time, the characters sort of have a reason to act like that, sometimes

there is no excuse when it is astronauts!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Away

spoilers

I usually really hate "the everybody is stupid because my shitty script won't work otherwise" trope of bad writers

space it's especially fucking annoying because other settings, some of the time, the characters sort of have a reason to act like that, sometimes

This is what made me mad about walking dead for a while

• Options
    edited September 2020

Yeah NO

https://mobile.twitter.com/aurahack/status/1306343871207546880

The new Xbox release kind of underlined something: There was no need for a new controller considering there haven't been any real advancements, and the PS4 controllers should be backwards compatible.

jungleroomx on
  • Options

Away

spoilers

Exactly! They are the highest trained professionals. Why would they touch samples from Mars with their bare hands or choose their favorite planet based on the power of love? So dumb.

• Options
    You live in a world populated by zombies! Surely you can get people in trouble without them being very stupid

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Yeah NO

Twitter decided that I needed to follow a shitload of TERFs as a result of clicking this tweet and I am wondering what the fuck the algorithm is up to.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

Away

spoilers

it's such lazy writing and it's everywhere now

being in space is hard. there are real problems these characters could be dealing with and overcoming

it doesn't have to be like this

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

Away

spoilers

The biologists in Prometheus broke my viewing party, which included 3 biologists.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options

Away

spoilers

This is what made me mad about walking dead for a while
    that made me mad about the walking dead the ENTIRE TIME

it was pure spite that got me to the finale of season 1

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I'm watching Insecure and I'm getting a not-in-space, low-stakes relationship drama version of that "this script only has a plot because everyone's doing dumb shit" vibe

You're all sad because you keep doubling down on your silly choices!

Being in your 20s: not even once

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Miles Morales and Horizon 2 are also PS4 games

Jim “we believe in generations” Ryan is a lying sack of shit

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqTjKhYh4fs

me, watching every goddamn episode of the show

except the screamed conversations they were having in the walking dead were worse than even these intentionally idiotic conversations because the setting is zombies and not sitting in a bar

oh my god how I hated the walking dead by the end there. Who in the fuck has ever screamed at each other like this in a life or death situation arrrrgh

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    It’s also thrilling when a competent character is put in danger in spite of them being smart or making preparations

That was basically the whole premise of Quiet Place and that ruled

• Options
    a character just said "you just don't get it do you?"

https://youtu.be/4KoKWf6pLs8

• Options
    It’s also thrilling when a competent character is put in danger in spite of them being smart or making preparations

That was basically the whole premise of Quiet Place and that ruled

it's also what like, real space travel is all about, so again, quit it with the idiots in space!

the martian was a good movie

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.