As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Ah yes, "sequels". We have dismissed this claim. Tag spoilers for newbies!

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I still have the original three on disc. The first two in the limited edition boxes..i wonder if they would play on my Xbox1.

Yeah they will, and they'll also work on the Xbox Series X if you get that (Series S as well, but there's no disc drive there).

You can't just plug the HD-DVD drive into it? I thought it was backward compatible! What bullshit!

It's not a PC, you can't attach a disc drive on the side, no. It is backwards compatible on the Series S if you use the digital version.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    I still have the original three on disc. The first two in the limited edition boxes..i wonder if they would play on my Xbox1.

Yeah they will, and they'll also work on the Xbox Series X if you get that (Series S as well, but there's no disc drive there).

You can't just plug the HD-DVD drive into it? I thought it was backward compatible! What bullshit!

Xbox disc drives that play games have had DRM coupling them with individual motherboards since the Xbox 360, at least.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    If they didn't reset the unlocks everyone who comes to the game new (and it's been a while, so there'd be a lot of them) is going to wonder why there are these people with Apocalypse Cannons or whatever on day one.

Considering it's purely co-op, meh?

Also the people with unlocks are going to be playing Gold and Platinum. No one fresh to ME3MP should really be doing anything higher than Silver because at that point the rest of the team is 100% carrying them.

*edit*
    though to be fair when playing with some of the PA people you get 100% carried anyways because everything is dead before you get to shoot at it :P
    I'll have you know I played ME3MP for years and still need to be carried, good sir.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So, the Bioware store is active again.

Oh, but it already was, you might be thinking?

Nope, now we've got the good stuff.

ox1pswkhdqpc.jpg

9ei0mokq4anz.jpg

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    *woof woof woof woof, woof woof* (My name is Commander Sheppard, and this is my favorite store in the Citadel)

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

It's not a PC, you can't attach a disc drive on the side, no. It is backwards compatible on the Series S if you use the digital version.
    Frem wrote: »

Xbox disc drives that play games have had DRM coupling them with individual motherboards since the Xbox 360, at least.

So, I was making a joke, but just wanted to clarify.. I was joking around about the old HD DVD drive, not ripping a DVD drive out of a 360 and plugging it into a series S.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Was there any foundation to that claim that Mass Effect Trilogy was being remastered?

I still have not completed ME3 and I still don't know what the ending everyone has complained about for several thousand decades is so I keep wanting to go back and finish it, but not if there's a remastered version. coming out soon.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Still technically rumors, but if you currently own ME3 and haven't finished it yet, might as well. The remaster is not going to change the story/ending, and updating the graphics won't make it better or worse.

Unless they add tired faces, I guess.

sig.gif
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    I'm gonna order like 3 hoodies

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    In this thread I will explain how the wide open maps, pulled back camera, removal of heavy melee and increased payola in ur characters and tying skill points to color unlocks served to make MEAMP inferior to ME3MP.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    God that hoodie looks incredible. I worry about the longevity though. Plus USD and shipping still makes it too painful to actually get. :(

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Still technically rumors, but if you currently own ME3 and haven't finished it yet, might as well. The remaster is not going to change the story/ending, and updating the graphics won't make it better or worse.

Unless they add tired faces, I guess.

Oh but could it please? I so wish it would.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I'm in this picture and I don't like it

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    There are only a few gaming related things I will wear.

The N7 stripes are one of them.

Their nerdy and iconic without being overdone or tacky.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Was there any foundation to that claim that Mass Effect Trilogy was being remastered?

I still have not completed ME3 and I still don't know what the ending everyone has complained about for several thousand decades is so I keep wanting to go back and finish it, but not if there's a remastered version. coming out soon.

Seems you may not have to wait too much longer.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

Seems you may not have to wait too much longer.

@Trajan I'm a few days late, but thank you!

I actually went on a hunt with my old hard drives and I actually found my completed Mass Effect 2 save.

But I could play through it again, why not.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    There are only a few gaming related things I will wear.

The N7 stripes are one of them.

Their nerdy and iconic without being overdone or tacky.

The key is that if someone calls it out as nerdy you can easily counter attack by pointing out that only a nerd would recognise it as nerdy, so are they not therefore a nerd themselves?
    Thus hoisted upon their own petard, you just say "I should go", and leave them to reflect on their own nerdiness.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Has anyone gotten their hands on one of these yet? I'm wondering if it's the same quality as the originals.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    The one that they just released on the BioWare store looks thinner, more year-round than the originals. The drawstring reminds me of the Inquisitor hoodie (which I have), which is entirely made of a different kind of fabric.

Insert Coin have set up preorders for what looks like another N7 hoodie design that I can't link to at the moment because the website doesn't load up right now, but the fit and fabric looks a little closer to the original designs (and are also selling preorders for what looks like track pants with a matching armour stripe, which is cute)
    If they're the same as the other hoodies I've gotten from them though they're also not as thick as the originals, which are very much double-layered winter gear

ed: https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/hoodies/n7-hoodie.html

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Got something in the mail today to complement my string art. He seems happy.

Image spoilered for largesse.
    ZUkIhoZ.jpg

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    He is the very model of a scientist salarian!

• Options
    There's a few new things up at the Bioware store: https://gear.bioware.com/collections/mass-effect

Of note: Paragon/Renegade growler, and a complete 1-volume comics collection.

Although given recent-ish events, I'm giving that Javik t-shirt a little bit of side-eye.
    I've seen that quote co-opted by the alt-right a couple of times in these last years.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I broke down and snagged the new hoodie and both new challenge coins for my collections.

snp052laal1u.png

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Oh, look, they also have an Anthem merch store!

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    There's a few new things up at the Bioware store: https://gear.bioware.com/collections/mass-effect

Of note: Paragon/Renegade growler, and a complete 1-volume comics collection.

Although given recent-ish events, I'm giving that Javik t-shirt a little bit of side-eye.
    I've seen that quote co-opted by the alt-right a couple of times in these last years.

I thought it was going to be "throw it out the air lock"

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    The growler will soon be mine. Be a few weeks though, as I went with the slowest shipping option.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Seems like I lucked out getting the N7 growler because they don't have it listed anymore I think

It's absolutely badass, it's a ginormous vacuum-walled black behemoth and it has absolutely motivated me to actually drink the daily recommended volume of water like a sensible N7 in training should

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Finally got around to pulling the trigger on some stuff. Best to do a bunch at once because the overseas shipping is so extortionate.

Didn't bother with a growler, but among other things, my doggo is going to have an awesome new collar soon.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Seems like I lucked out getting the N7 growler because they don't have it listed anymore I think

It's absolutely badass, it's a ginormous vacuum-walled black behemoth and it has absolutely motivated me to actually drink the daily recommended volume of water like a sensible N7 in training should

Is that the distressed N7 one? I got that yesterday with the Moridin for my god-daughter that is totally not still in my room and I'm absolutely going to get around to giving her at some point for sure.

Oh and a femshep pin for if I ever go back into the office (When I started they gave us a thing for your desk to put achievement pins on but whether or not you got pins depended entirely on you manager. I had six managers in five years. So I just fill mine out with random pins and if anyone asks what a given one is for I say I was told I'm not supposed to talk about that.)

• Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    hey guys I used to play mass effect oh wait this thread is about shirts now

• Options
    hey guys I used to play mass effect oh wait this thread is about shirts now

Good news! You can still play Mass Effect and also there may be a remake/remaster coming! Or not? Or maybe!?

• Options
    I unironically enjoy having this as a Mass Effect merch thread, it's not like we haven't bled the Remaster stone dry of discussion already :P

Is that the distressed N7 one? I got that yesterday with the Moridin for my god-daughter that is totally not still in my room and I'm absolutely going to get around to giving her at some point for sure.

Found the link: https://gear.bioware.com/products/n7-training-program-growler
    It's much larger than the water bottles, though I'm pretty sure they're all vacuum walled

• Options
    edited October 2020
    To be fair, new Mass Effect merch showing up is an actual event. I mean, not just the resurrection of the Bioware store but they are actively creating new Mass Effect stuff too. That is definitely worthy of discussion!

You know, it's funny, that Tali canvas print is sold out, obviously, but I remember when that same image was offered as a Giclee print, limited edition of 500 numbered copies. They knew they wouldn't hang around and specified exactly when the orders would go live. The moment they did, the website slowed to a goddamn crawl, and I think within about two minutes they were all gone.

But I got one. :)

(One of them immediately made its way onto eBay for like $1,000, no lie. I forget if it sold. But it made me feel extra glad I only paid $40 for it!)

They did a subsequent Tali one too, a year or two later, with the Migrant Fleet on it as well. That one was even more limited, to 250.

Both of them currently hang on my bedroom wall.

Jazz on
  • Options
    I think the canvas print I would really want would be the group photo from Citadel.

• Options
    I really want the Normandy print. Or the Citadel print.

I love me them spaceships.

• Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    Well you at least reminded me of the best thing about Mass Effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ze_R3TevE

• Options
    edited October 2020
    So I uh didn't realise this when I offhandedly mentioned the Mass Relay necklace on The Hellsite, but apparently the BioWare Gear store has been actively looking into options for reviving old BioWare Store merch and

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    The relay necklace looks so good

• Options
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.