As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Ah yes, "sequels". We have dismissed this claim. Tag spoilers for newbies!

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    the problem with setting out to make good "cosplay" aliens is that Star Trek has been on the air for nigh on 50 years. there is only so many forehead applique aliens you can make, and they were lucky to get a couple of good ones but honestly the further afield from humanoid Not-Klingons the better in general. like from the original game you had the Asari, which dead-on over the middle perfect make-up aliens (with the horrifying male-gaze grossness of hot blue sex-motivated she elfs notwithstanding) but doable as cosplay and rescued a little by the character writing, Quarians which are just people in suits with one weird thing which is more of a Doctor Who alien. The rest get harder and harder and conversely ring a little more true, Batarians being on the outer edge of Star Trek-JG-Hertzler-with-a-buttcrack-on-his-forehead of the week, Turians and Krogans being multi-month crafting projects to make a good cosplay and Elcor; Hanar and Volus being largely impractical to make costumes (which isn't to say impossible and certainly not to say they haven't been done.

eventually though, working with biped humanoids the you tend to run into the whole that's just some person with some shit on their face problem.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The main villain for Andromeda was a Funko Pop, you cannot convince me otherwise.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    The main villain for Andromeda was a Funko Pop, you cannot convince me otherwise.

Jnoyvse.jpg

I certainly won't.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I might play through Andromeda again while we wait for the Trilogy. I really enjoyed it quite a bit.

How hard is modding in the game? I dont even know what I'd want to mod, but just curious.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    The sad thing is that's a lot better than the norm for funko pop, as far as heads/faces go.

Nendoroids are superior imho.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »

Jnoyvse.jpg

I certainly won't.

this image feels like it could've been a Poorly Aged Things tweet.

• Options
    I might play through Andromeda again while we wait for the Trilogy. I really enjoyed it quite a bit.

How hard is modding in the game? I dont even know what I'd want to mod, but just curious.
    For Andromeda, modding is easy as heck. Head over to NexusMods and look for the Frosty Mod Manager. Then just add pretty much whatever you want, and the Manager takes care of everything and lets you know if there's any conflicts and whatnot.

sig.gif
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I fell into the modding rabbit hole with Fallout: New Vegas. And now I cannot be stopped.
    *Shop keeper is a Red ! point*
    Cannot be stopped.

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I dearly wish there were mod packs or mod installers for more games (and definitely for New Vegas where you just click on what you want and the software does the rest for you: downloading the latest versions, activating the mods, fiddling with the load order, tweaking the ini files, all that stuff. Yes, there are handy guides like Fear and Loathing in New Vegas, but it's still a weekend of work to get this done properly.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    If you don't spend an entire afternoon patching your 120+ hour main save with 80 extensions falling apart, can you really call yourself a modder though? ;3

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Oh, I've done that thing often enough to think that I'd rather not call myself a modder if I can still play a nicely modded game.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    If I can't put an ENB, a resolution upscale and at least one characters cosmetic I don't even want to look at your disgusting game.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    does anyone wanna play some me3 multi player this weekend

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    What platform?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    origin

• Options
    @curly haired boy
    @Strikor @Shimshai

uhh, I don't remember others who used to play with me

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I'd jump in but apparently my account on Origin has been banned/suspended?????

put in a ticket to find out wtf is going on but they say on the support page to expect 2 week turnaround time which like...wtf.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Oh my it's been a long time since I've played! I do miss it it though, genuinely some of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had.

I won't be able to make it though, I don't even have a PC operational at the moment.

Also I have new two-week old babby that takes up most of my time :)

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Hmmmm

IGN wrote:
    Henry Cavill may have just teased that he's working on a Mass Effect project.
    IGN is a gaming news outlet.

Secret project? Or just a handful of paper with random words on it... Guess you'll have to wait and see. Happy hump day all. #HumpDay #Secrets"
    Henry Cavill is a Superman and also a Witcher. According to IGN the text on the paper appears to be from the Mass Effect 3 Wikipedia page.

kaceyp on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Cavil as Shepard?

Martin Sheen and Yvonne Strahovski as live action versions of Illusive Man and Miranda?!

Big screen Yooooo-manity?!?!

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    f16qqtuy2kx7.png

3qdd5givz66d.png

o3h2ddo2hmjt.png

fybxk33p91ah.png

just did four games as my four favourite classes. what a throwback.

• Options
    Hell yes turian ghost with harrier. My favourite too

• Options
    One of the early carry classes

• Options
    I think Turian Ghost is probably my least favourite of the four, mostly because it's such a mindless gameplay rotation - Cloak, Stim, Empty clip, reload, animation cancel, repeat four times until your ammo stores are empty and you go find a box. It's also a really safe class, you really have to fuck something up to die because the stim just gives so many shield restores when you want them.

I'm a bit more of a fan of the AIU because you have to play up close, and despite the apparent absurdity of being able to self res, she's actually super fragile, easily staggered, and timing the activation of the self resurrect window is actually not the easiest thing.

The Geth Infiltrator is objectively worse than both the Turian Ghost and the AIU but it was the best class back at the start of the game so it's always nice to throwback to that when the Geth Plasma Shotgun was one of the best weapons.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    After they buffed it a bit I actually liked the Havoc more.

I just pulled out the Ghost when I didn't want to think too much.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Turian Ghost let me solo Platinum, so yeah, it is always my favorite. So much survivability amd raw killing power.

Though hot damn were there just so many great classes in that game. So very sad the remake isn't doing any MP cause I would love the motivation to play it more.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Geth Juggernaut's my fave so far. Slow as molasses and can't take cover but I can't be OHKed by the big boys & girls and I can electrocute anyone into powder to recharge my shields.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Geth Juggernaut is a fantastic anchor to any team.

• Options
    Geth Juggernaut is a fantastic anchor to any team.

Because they move no faster than a boat anchor!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    just did four games as my four favourite classes. what a throwback.

Mrs Gethfire is very good.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    My favorite class was always Kroguard. Simple but very effective.

But I liked to play every class a bit.

• Options
    Kroguard was a lot of fun. Charge, and tough enough to be usable off-host.

Plus you got to headbutt everybody between rounds.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »
    Not sure I take your meaning?

• Options
    Kroguard was a lot of fun. Charge, and tough enough to be usable off-host.

Plus you got to headbutt everybody between rounds.
    I named mine Murder Train. Well, technically spelled it backwards because that sounded more Krogan.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Catalase wrote: »
    Not sure I take your meaning?

Early on it was one of the very strongest classes around. If I went in with a group of randoms, it was frequently my go-to until I had baselined where they were at because I could (and did, eventually) solo Platinum with it.

Turian Ghost is a damn strong class when paired with a Harrier.

edit: carry as in I could carry the rest of the team with it.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    (picture of Bane)

When you have finished Wave 10

then you have my permission to die

Orca on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    If they make a Mass Effect film/show with maleshep, even with Cavill who I love after watching The Witcher, as maleshep?

I will riot.

It will be an entirely ineffectual riot bordering on unnoticeable.

But still, riot.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Cavil as Shepard?

Martin Sheen and Yvonne Strahovski as live action versions of Illusive Man and Miranda?!

At this point? In my head I'd actually probably bill Charlie Sheen if he wasn't such a lunatic fucknut. He has a similar look, similar voice (for obvious reasons), and god knows he'd probably be capable of doing a decent representation if he tried

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    Cavil as Shepard?

At this point? In my head I'd actually probably bill Charlie Sheen if he wasn't such a lunatic fucknut. He has a similar look, very similar voice, and god knows he'd probably be capable of doing a decent representation if he tried

yeah why Charlie when Emilio is right there and even more similar to Martin in voice, bearing and appearance?

• Options
    I'm Dhalphir on Origin if anyone wants to add me (if I don't already have you from back in the day). Just message me and let me know you're down to MP.

This discussion has been closed.