[D&D 5E] "The Curse"- Villam

1356726

Posts

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes grunts again. "It's a dark place. Dangerous. You turn your back on it, you take it for granted, you fail to see the death lurking beneath the surface? It'll kill you, leaving nothing but blood behind and never giving it a second thought."

    He swallows the last of his drink before he sets off in the direction of the town square. "Sea's harsh too," he says without turning back.


    OOC: Not entirely sure what Urixes wants to do with his day, so he'll just head to the town square to see what gets his attention.

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 20
    Urixes

    The fancy gentleman listens, nods knowingly at your words. His smile and joviality haven't given an inch in the face of Urixes's brusque manner. As you depart, he stays exactly where he is...a gloved hand bids Urixes an unseen farewell as he walks away. The gentleman continues to look out over over the ocean, leaning just slightly on his cane.

    "... beautiful morning, however." He murmurs to no one in particular. Then he sighs, from somewhere deep.

    [Urixes, if you are done here, your story will resume once everyone else has finished their morning.]

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak

    Oak stands silently as the group is introduced. They saw him sign on for the ship, so they knew where he was coming from and where he was eventually headed. None of that answered what they wanted from him though.

    "You're a cat man."

    Oak's lips part and he pokes at a sharp canine with his tongue. "Bear." He replies. "Bear man. Bigger, tougher, more protective."

    He lets the words hang in the air for a moment. "Why do you ask?"

    OOC:Oak is turning out more anti-social than I had originally imagined...

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 20
    Oak

    Shin stares for a few seconds, blinks disbelievingly. He crosses his arms in a huff as he swivels his head towards his gang. "Bear...he says he's a *bear*, you guys!"

    The group all face each other, speechless. They each look at you warily as they huddle up. A heated conversation begins. You can't make out any of the words, but the disappoinment is *palpable*. The rabbit peaks his head out from the group once during the discussion, grins at you. You hear a lot of no's, some back and forth...then a consensus seems to form. "Fine, fine...," Shin pulls apart from the group, turns back towards you.

    "See me and the boys here, we've kinda got a *thing* going... sort of a *niche* we occupy, amongst the crew proper. *If* you understand. You don't get a lot of...our... types out here, if you catch my drift?" He looks back to his crew for support. The rabbit kicks his feet and looks at the ground as the bird shrugs. Shin scratches his head, just now realizing his group's logic wasn't as self evident as he thought. He looks at Oak sheepishly.

    "Look, *point* is, we're new aboard the ship...only been aboard about ten months now. Lizards is fine, and the crew itself is nice enough, but... sometimes people can be a bit...*much*, you know? When we saw you, we thought you might have some experience with that sort of thing, so we decided we'd like to meet you, maybe offer to buy you a drink later at the Loony Schooner. Whole *crew's* meeting up down there later, if you hadn't yet heard!"

    [Oak, for no reason in particular, make a perception check for me please]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [ALL PLAYERS-The Inventory at Edgar & Sons has *vastly expanded! Come on down if you want, and check out their whole new selection, which I was *way* too tired and in a hurry to do properly this morning! It can be assumed if you can't afford it, *they* don't have it!]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak

    Oak doesn't make a visible reaction to the invitation. He's not really sure this group is his type of companions but they were a part is his crew so that gave him pause. "Yes. People can be a bit much." He says. "The Loony Schooner? I know of it. I have some errands to run first but I can meet you down there later."
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+2 8 [1d20=6]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 21
    Oak

    Shin nods understandingly, and his companions join suit...exept for Bluuurg, who seems to have gone missing since the huddle...

    "Right! Last day on land for a bit, yes? Of course, yes...we will have plenty of time later! Ha! Nothing but time at sea!" Shin looks at Oak slyly, grins...takes out a dagger, and...with a quick *florish*, twists and catches it by the the blade. He extends it to Oak, indicates he should take it. "For you! For our misunderstanding! I believe we may have gave you a *bit* of a surprise there!" He laughs at his own...joke? "Although, a big bear like you probably doesn't scare easily, does he?"

    Shin and his companions depart. As they walk away back into the crowd, you hear Shin ask, "Where has the frog got off to now?...*I'll buy you that drink later!*" he reminds you over the din of the crowd.)

    [Oak adds one dagger to his inventory.
    The next time Oak opens his coin pouch, he will find 6 GP missing.That concludes Oak's morning]

    mrpaku on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Irah sneers for a moment at the proprietor She understands have a good drink, but drunk on the job? Pathetic. Stepping over him, she lays some coin and makes clear what she wants in clipped terms.

    When she's done, she's added several bags of ball bearings to her her pack (1 gp per, she bought 3), a couple of extra lengths of rope (1gp per, she bought two 50ft lengths), and a few more rations (??, and a hooded lantern (5gp). Sensible stuff. Heading back out, she notes Jack. She grins slightly. Time to see exactly how clever the newbie is.

    A tiny gesture and a pinch of something from her spell pouch, and there's an illusionary gold coin glinting in the path infront of jack. The moment he goes to grab it, she'll move it around... and see if she can make jack whack his head into a wall. Should be good for a laugh. Or if he's clever enough to see through it, she might just give him a coin.

    ((OOC: Outside of trolling @Glal i'm done here))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 21
    [Rations cost 2sp at Edgar & Sons]

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "I'll be taking a different route to the general store then. Tell your brethren no hard feelings, I understand, all things need to eat". Thinking about that, Arno casts a spell, coaxing a small Vine to create 10 goodberries.

    "Here, one of these can feed a creature for a full day. I know it isn't much, but I hope it can fill a few empty tummies. Thank you for the necklace, I shall treasure it. I know I'm going somewhere dangerous, but that's what makes it an adventure. Though, you know of other lizardfolk out there? Can you tell me anything of the sacred place?"

    (Color=lime) OCC: Arno will listen to any info D may have, then take a safe route to the store for the hide armor, then head to the dock for some fresh seafood. Will stay there until time to ship out. No further action).

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 21
    Arno

    The lizardman pauses for some time before he speaks again.

    "...there isssss...an island you will come to, few days out from here. *Villam*. Ssssmall farming community, very ssssmall. They sssstop there for ssssupplies. Ssssome of our brethren work the land there for the Manager...he workssss the land on the part of the Governor. He isssss a kind man, but sssstupid. He letssss my brethren do assss they pleasssse. They live easssssy livesssss, but they are where they do not belong." He pauses, blinks angrily. Repeats loudly, "They do not belong. *They* know the trade they make." He looks around at his fellow lizardfolk, defiantly, *proudly*. Then turns back to Arno.

    "They may know otherssss." He bobs his head to you once and abruptly departs, gobbling one of the Good Berries as he leaves.

    [For her ongoing progressive attitude and radical behavior towards the Lizardfolk population, Arno receives an Inspiration Token!]

    mrpaku on
    zekebeau
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack tilts his head back a tad and gives a sniff. Where he's been sleeping lately this is an all too familiar bouquet. He takes a step back at the daughter's sales pitch, looking momentarily helpless as he tries and fails to decipher her language. The hag's curse included Common, but not... that.
    Still, it's a shop, right? He knows how shops work, you exchange worthless metal for useful items. Looking around he keeps getting distracted by the sheer amount of stuff, spending a good amount of time staring longingly at the shiny spyglass (and recoiling at its price) before settling on his purchase.

    Balanced in his arms is a set of Studded Leather armour (45gp), a quiver (1gp), 40 arrows (2gp total) and a tent (2gp). There's very clear effort and focus being exerted to carry it all the attention is interrupted when he spots the coin... his eyes dart around, taking in all the goodies an extra gold coin could buy.
    Right. He stands over his prey and, arms full and blocking his view, lowers himself down with his knees and makes a grab for where the coin is, grasping only air. Huh? Standing up he looks down and spots it a bit ahead. He was sure it was... never mind.
    Attempt number two. The same. At this point he's getting frustrated, stops dedicating the focus required to maintain the tower of stuff in his arms and, third time unlucky, tips it all over himself.

    Jack looks at the proprietor sheepishly, sat underneath a half-unfolted tarp with arrows rolling across the floor. "I'd... I'll take these. Thanks."

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Seeing Jack tip[ all over himself, Irah chuckles softly, and then comes over and just hoists him bodily back to his feet, helping him back to his feet. "And that's a lesson for you on wealth, pup.". then she flicks him an extra GP anyway.

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited September 21
    "I... ahem." He's trying desperately to save face, though that particular boat has likely sailed. "...thanks." Standing next to Irah, Jack finally gets a good sniff... and a broad grin spread across his face. Finally, a person not trying to disguise who they are with chemicals and washing. What remains of his wolf self tells him he can trust her utterly.

    He gives the proprietoress a sheepish grin as he collects all his wares once more, waddling with arms full to pick up that last arrow that rolled all the way across the shop before bringing it to the counter. He decides to save that last coin for a meal tonight.

    ((OOC: done here! Would be returning to Schooner with his new stuff so he's not walking around town with a tent))

    Glal on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Irah gives Jack a hand back to the schooner. Scrawny little thing probably needs the help - and Irah's no fool. Crew like this? Oh there's going to be blood. Best to build a team, and build them early. A little loyalty will go a loooong way. In her head Alkono chatters as always. "Tricks and treats! Treats treats treats! Bodies and blood? Treachery and tails!". Alkono pauses, considers what it just said, and corrects. "Tales."

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 21
    @The Zombie Penguin @Glal

    [Irah and Jack- You can leave Edgar & Sons and head to The Loony Schooner via The Docks or Town Square, but not directly given the nature of Far Aeston's layout. Urixes will also be travelling through Town Square this afternoon. Tell me how you both would like to proceed.]

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Jack would be returning through the Town Square, because "it's quicker that way!" (based on nothing). Should they bump into Urixes he would likely not notice until he practically walked into them, currently in full My Stuff! Mine! mode and suspecting everyone except the actual pickpockets of being potential thieves))

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 21
    [The storm clouds are moving in from the east this afternoon, lurking heavily over the water. On shore, this has only thus far brought a cooler breeze…the occasional light fleck of rain. Occasional thunder, gentle but persistent, can be heard off in the distance…]

    The town will shift and the afternoon will begin in 3...2...

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    TOWN SQUARE- AFTERNOON (Urixes, Jack, Irah)

    The crowds have thinned out since this morning, but the area is still very busy everywhere. Most of the miners have disappeared below ground by now, but sailors and pirates lounge and eat out in the shade here and there; smoke cigarettes and relax in the cool afternoon breeze. The city folk and tourists travel the square leisurely again, much more at ease now that the river of strangers has cleared from the walk. A small gaggle of old women have come to judge the teenage girls, who have currently retired from pirate watching to eat cherry tarts by a tree.

    City officials are beginning to march through the area, banging hammers to hang up fancy looking fliers, insisting there’s no time to talk, that this was to be done on order of the Governor *immediately*. People who gather to read the fliers seem to be confused; *shocked*, even.

    The Fox Crew (See: Oak’s eventful morning) are drinking beers around the fountain. Shin and Ril are playing a game of chess which seems to involve a lot of shouts, pointing and accusations. Fiver sits on the edge of the fountain, kicking his feet like a small child and creeping out passersby. Bluuurg is doing the backstroke around the edge of the fountain, the beer bottle sticking straight up out of his mouth. Nervous looking city folk across the way seem to have quietly gone to try to notify some local authorities, who seem to be attempting to quietly argue back that this isn’t their problem.

    Finally, because it would be impossible not to, you notice a half-elf has pulled a large chest of personal belongings and a bench loudly and obtrusively into the *center* of the cobblestone walk. From atop his perch on the bench, he is loudly and *aggressively* proselytizing to the crowd of the wondrous and awesome natures of the items contained in his chest. He seems to be demanding rather exorbitant prices. His salesmanship is less than stellar.

    o2xfxu1434wl.png

    “…An’ you sir! The Sword-of-a-Thousand-Cuts is the *perfect* home defense tool, for a man with such limp little spaghetti arms as yourself!”

    “Ay, *screw you*, pal!”

    “Oh ho ho! Or, *you*, miss? *You* clearly enjoy to eat! Why, with the Pouch of Infinite….”

    “How *dare* you!”

    “Did I hear you say *dare*? Why, when I was a first mate on board the dreaded "Sanguine Seeker"…”

    “*Bullshit*! No he didn’t!”

    “*Booo*!”

    “Now I can’t help you with bulls, young lady, but one time on the Isle of Chaff, *this* staff was able to summon from the great depths...”

    “They’d eat you *alive* on the Isle of Chaff, you great *ponce*!”

    “Take your bullshit the fuck outta the road!”

    “…and, for *just* the low-*low* price of 50 GP, you, *too*, can summon drakes straight from the Abyss!…”

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 21
    EDGAR & SONS OUTFITTING & SUPPLIES (Arno, Oak)

    Edgar & Sons is bustling now, people pushing past each other to grab that last fishing pole or tent.

    Mr. Edgar has gone unconscious behind the counter. A patchwork blanket has been tossed over him, but the stuttering chainsaw noise coming from underneath the blanket is unmistakable. Kate, the daughter from this morning, and Lily, another of his daughters (both spitting images of their father, in their own way), bustle about the shop busily, chirping incessantly to each other and the customers in their unique dialect as they run the register and restock.

    A city official marches in, quickly greets the girls. He begins banging a hammer to hang up a fancy looking flier from a center beam. He doffs his hat and leaves before there’s any time to talk.

    As he leaves, he almost bumps into a swarthy looking young man entering the shop. The city official, seeing who he has almost bumped into, begins to apologize profusely, obviously to the great bemusement of the young man. Following just behind the young man into the shop is a young lady who is clearly a sister to Kate and Lily, just as the swarthy young man must be the son of Mr. Edgar himself.

    5a3we3zjtab4.png

    Kate stops sweeping to rush over and begin berating the young man. “*AARON*, YE’FOOK, D’ye tink *yar*, biggun hae yer sis cumin d’deck ta ser yerPa?”

    Aaron rolls his eyes and tries to avoid her jabbing finger, headed towards the back of the shop. “J’star, Kay, luk am’nut fecial envoy an’hae udder tings’…”

    Kate waves the broom ferociously in arcs above her head, causing a few nearby customers to have to duck. “OY. BIGG’AM! BIGG’AM!” She suddenly swings the broom towards a shifty looking gnome sneaking towards the door. “*TIT’IT ON DEN*!” The gnome, sweating, nervously takes the rations he was attempting to sneak out under his jacket and throws them to the floor, running out the door in a panic.

    [Anyone who likes may still make a Wisdom check to see if they can understand the Edgar family]

    GENERAL STORE

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno takes a look at the flyer, might be important if it needs all that banging.

    Geth roll 1d20+3 Wisdom to understand

    Wisdom to understand:
    1d20+3 8 [1d20=5]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak

    Oak attempts to understand the ramblings of this group.

    Geth, roll 1d20 for Uh...What?

    Uh...What?:
    1d20 8 [1d20=8]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 21
    [No need to roll here; if you speak Common, the fliers, although in fancy legalese, are understandable for anyone who reads them on their way by:]
    "This notice hearby signifies the transfer of power, *effective immediately*, from the great and honorable Governor Robert Mitchum, to the Far Aeston City Council. The lands and estates of Governor Mitchum will be held in stewardship by Councilman Peckam, in perpetuity, until such time as Governor Mitchum (or heirs) may be in a position to reclaim current ownership. Governor Mitchum makes this notice of sound mind and body, with the full knowledge that the great flower of the West will continue to grow and prosper under the Council leadership. Signed, Governor R. Mitchum"

    This is big news. Governor Mitchum *is* Far Aeston, to many.

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 21
    Oak and Arno

    "Heyari'e? S'famnhapps en' 'rite, en't? D'narin which'a war-over?"

    [It's still all Greek to you. Maybe with repeated exposure, you could understand what they were saying]

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak

    Oak blinks a few times in silence. These people were speaking, but whatever language it was, he certainly didn't understand it. He glanced over at the other store patron with a look of confusion, curious if they spoke whatever this was, but not seeing recognition on that face, turned back to the counter. Stepping up, he cleared his throat. "Excuse me. I'd like to buy a shield please."

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno runs up to the flyer, excited to see what all the commotion was about, rips it down (ignoring all the hard work the poor official put into hammering it up) and...is supremely disappointed. Names that mean nothing, about land that doesn't even belong to the owners. New boss, same as the old boss.

    Arno puts the paper back on the nail (not paying attention, it is upside-down) and heads to the docks after buying his armor.

    Does this impact our charter or the details of our own mission? Could it? I don't think Arno is up on politics of the region, other than they were dicks to the lizardfolk.

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack is drawn to the loud half-elf like moth to a flame, drinking in the dreams and promises whole. The man's poor salesmanship skills go either unnoticed or ignored as he nods along, growing more entranced with each item! Infinite food! Powerful swords! Magical summons!

    He pushes his share of the load into the barbarian's arms and digs through his pockets eagerly, pulling out the single coin he'd gotten from her earlier, shoulders visibly slumping in disappointment. Clearly he should have come here first.

    The youth looks to Irah and tries his best smile.
    "Could I borrow some gold?"

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 22
    Oak

    As you make your purchase, Aaron is attempting to lift his father to his feet behind the counter...and for being such a large man, he is *struggling*. Kate watches the attempt amused for some time before Aaron shouts something (very likely offensive) up at her. "A'rit, a'rit..." she says, wiping a mirthful tear away. She grabs her father under the other arm, they give it a "*kell...do'ne....an*,'", and they slowly *heft* him up. Strenuously and very gently, they carry him across the back of the store and through the door, the youngest sister holding the door and following them with a handful of bitters and a jug of water, shaking her head in embarrassed disgust.

    Lily is left to run the counter, and is quick to procure Oak his shield. In spite of their impenetrable dialect, the Edgars seem to have no problem at all understanding others. She whistles and gives it few hearty thumps as she hands it over. "Ha'r'*eam*! Es alla sort en' sis?" (Oak, you're not positive, but she might be playfully making fun of you).

    She looks over at the swinging door, then sighs and looks down at her feet in shame. "...s'al'narm, ya'ken. Putt,...es'fem, en' ellcandu, a'rit?" (She seems apologetic about something). Then her eyes brighten for a second, she turns and fumbles around behind the counter in a drawer before pulling out a blue vial and placing it on the counter in front of Oak. She offers it up proudly. "Bul'normo judd, ef'n you dae'na hap til trota femes jab nes't d'days!"

    She runs her fingers over chin for minute, obviously considering. "*Mmmm*.... threer'tip." Looking at your face, she realizes (again) that you don't understand her. Annoyed, she rolls her eyes, then slowly shows you three fingers, followed by showing you a circle with her index finger and thumb. She looks at you now with equal parts hope and exasperation.

    [Oak, take 10GP from your total and add a Shield to your inventory. In addition, Lily seems to have offered you the blue vial for 30 of your remaining GP. You may choose not to accept the offer. A decent Intelligence check might let you identify it without a label (or intelligible customer service)]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 21
    Arno

    The rest of the Edgars have left out the back. The large customer at the counter shoots you a furtive "help me?" look, but unfortunately these people aren't as easy to understand as the Lizardfolk.

    Arno, on your way over to go pay for your hide armor, you see two other customers whispering near the door, nearly stepping on the rations still strewn there from the earlier scene. Trying to cover each other so they can't be seen from the checkout, one of them is shoving as many small items from the shelves into hidden pockets within the other's jacket as they can. When you notice this, the man turns to you in a surprised-frustration...then stops, smiles, revealingly two rows of blackened teeth. He puts a filthy finger to his mouth in the universal sign of "keep this quiet, won't you?"

    You can see that Oak and Lily are deeply lost in translation, and have noticed none of this yet.


    OOC:
    zekebeau wrote:
    Does this impact our charter or the details of our own mission? Could it? I don't think Arno is up on politics of the region, other than they were dicks to the lizardfolk.

    These are all interesting questions, zekebeau :biggrin:

    mrpaku on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Irah shakes her head. "I doubt any of those items are worth the materials used to make them". She sets her load down carefully. Alkono taking flight as she does "Consider: if they did everything he claimed, he could make vastly more simply wielding them himself. So why not use them himself? The answer is obvious: they're either fake, or burdened with dangers that mean he's selling them for a pittance. Save your gold, and save your soul".

    While this speech has been going on, Alkono has flown closer and closer to the annoying half elf. The moment Alkono is in range, Irah reaches through Alkono, summons a ghostly hand, and uses it to to pull the half elves pants straight down.

    "Also, he's an idiot. Never buy from idiots"

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    OOC:I only have 34 remaining after the shield due to getting robbed for 6. Does she want whatever I have left or is 40 the price?

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 22
    OOC:I only have 34 remaining after the shield due to getting robbed for 6. Does she want whatever I have left or is 40 the price?

    OOC:
    Correct. Sorry about the miss
    ... I will eventually tabulate everyone's current GP as I make myself a million different lists about all this, and you'll eventually get an accounting check when I catch up to make sure we have the same numbers/items/equipment, but for the moment my policy is "ask people role-playing pirates to operate on the honor system". I've got your characters opened in my other tabs, and I'm memorizing them a little more every time you post. *And* I'm making notes about 10GP for a shield here and a tailsman there probably more for my own sake than you guys, at this point. Austin, for catching as opposed to exploiting that, the current price of the potion is now 30 instead of 40. Thank you!

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno takes a breath. While usually staying out of other's business, these unintelligible folks seem rather nice and the one with black teeth is clearing doing wrong.

    "Friend, is it really worth the trouble you'll cause for a few bits and bobs? If you are in need of food, I'd be happy to help, but would prefer not to do so at these fine folks expense. Oh, if you can translate, I bet that large man up there would compensate you. See, helping is good!"

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for persuasion

    persuasion:
    1d20+4 12 [1d20=8]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes grimaces at the flyer, as he does at most things. "Hmm," he grunts. He looks back at the swiftly approaching clouds, then up at the Mitchem estate. "Mitchem and Far Aeston are one and the same," he says to himself. "Those clouds on the horizon aren't the only storm brewing. The city we leave may not be the one we come back to."

    His musings done for now, Urixes settles down and watches the half-elf huckster. A simple con artist perhaps, or perhaps not.

    OOC:Urixes will watch the half-elf with casual interest, trying to spot any hint of actual magic in his wares.

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 22
    [ @Denada , please make an Arcana check for me!]

    In addition...
    Geth roll 1d20 for "Black-Toothed Bart"

    "Black-Toothed Bart":
    1d20 1 [1d20=1]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    @zekebeau The pirates look at you slack-jawed, then each other. One of them begins to tear up unexpectedly, catching a loud sob in his throat just before it escapes. What happens next?

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Turing to the remaining pirate, Arno says " I guess he didn't know how to translate. So, how 'bout we put these things back, and go get something to eat at the docks. Oh, after I pay for this first."

    Arno strikes up some conversation with the pirate, some of it asking questions to learn about the pirate, some of it just moon logic questions. Like, home come female pirates aren't "piratettes", and why are there peg legs and hook hands but not peg hands and hook legs.

    They put things away and start to bond.

    mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited September 22
    Oak

    Oak blinks repeatedly. More words flow from the girl's lips but none of them register for him. Words on words and he strode there silently. He knew the price of the shield and grabbed gold to pay for it, when she produced a blue vial. Then...more words. And again an awkward silence as he doesn't understand her.

    Finally, she does the first thing he understands this whole time and uses her hands to convey a price. 30 gold for this blue vial. He wasn't sure what it was but he didn't know how to even ask her. So, he did the thing he felt would remove the awkwardness and end this interaction. He places 40 gold coins on the counter and nods at her.

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 22
    Arno

    "W'bout, "Becca-nears?""

    "You *still* ain't over her?"

    "We *en't* talking about this again..."

    "It's them *teeth*, *man*, you gotta fix..."

    "WE EN'T TALKING ABOUT THIS AGAIN."

    .....

    "...yeh, yeh,...we'll introduce you to a couple'a the guys...s'more en' fair, after..."

    "On, *absolutely*! Absolutely!"

    [Arno gains 25 experience]

    [Arno, add one Hide Armor to your Inventory and subtract 10GP]



    Oak

    "Perio'do,den, s'gra dey! Sar'den bot'dey en, parch'el d'chem!" She's very happy! (Lily appreciates your business! And you've made a good deal here today! And, *again*, she's sorry about all the unpleasantness!...wait, how...?)

    [Oak receives one *Unidentified Blue Potion* for his 40GP]

    mrpaku on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited September 22
    "Hmm."

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Arcana Check

    Arcana Check:
    1d20+4 10 [1d20=6]

    Denada on
Sign In or Register to comment.