As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 23- Undead Siege

14546474850

Posts

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    MICHAEL
    You learn everything Oak has learned from this group, as well as: Conrad looks nervous, but *determined*. The 2nd Mate practices his cough theatrically across the table- he's clearly gearing up to address the room at any minute...

    From your walks amongst the Galley table, you see most here have clearly suffered. But a couple- Rax the Roguish and Bluurg the (incredibly, offensively gross in person and habit) Grung, are *obviously* lying, and have been playing sick for the benefit of the room. Though whole and un-poisoned, neither the Rak'Ta or his Grung ally seem well rested

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited March 26
    Jack is ready! He's going to do his job and oooooh, breakfast! Okay, maybe he'll have some breakfast first, it should be quick. Before long he's scarfing down seconds and talking animatedly to the drowsy crewmembers around him, not deterred by their less than enthusiastic responses. "This really hits the spot, don't you think? Oh, you not finishing that? Don't mind if I do. Hey, you weren't eating it, no use complaining now!"

    He is entirely ignoring the potential mutineers, but on the other hand, is getting in some good info on the poisoned pirates. Or would be, if he hadn't gotten into an argument over extra food with a particularly irate Gunner.

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+4 6 [1d20=2]

    Glal on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    For once, Arno keeps their mouth shut, looking to see who wants this, and who might have just been dragged along by their cohorts.

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for perception of the weak link

    perception of the weak link:
    1d20+7 14 [1d20=7]

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    As michael is serving them he almost cold calls out out Rax and Bluurg. While he is serving out the bowl to Bluurg he strikes up an audible, but not overly loud conversation, "wouldn't expect a grung such as yourself to fall prey to a little poisoned water, or a rak ta", motioning to Rax nearby with the butt of his ladle, "but it looks like you two have had a pretty rough night". He continues serving out a bowl to Rax, "must've been a pretty potent poison, hopefully the samples I saved aren't totally inert by the time I get a chance to test it and figure out what poison it was".

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes stands near the door to the galley, observing the crew with arms folded. He makes no attempt at hiding his displeasure while looking over everyone, particularly the mutineers.

    Geth, roll 1d20 for Perception
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Investigation

    Perception:
    1d20 17 [1d20=17]
    Investigation:
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]

    AustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited March 27
    [Arno can feel a *tremendous* amount of stress coming from the treasonous group. Unfortunately, they aren’t able to determine who among the Mutineers might have cold feet, between those who are simply nervous for what comes next]
    ---

    Calthus is already starting to feel better. The Dragonborn wipes the meal of bacon from his mouth, growling appreciatively at the Cook. “Thank you, my good sir. I’ll get to little Miss Carlee just as *soon* as I finish my coffee.” He growls and looks around the room. “…’long with some others.”

    Calthus will be healing Carlee Burrows to join the fight, along with four others

    A table down…

    Bluurg and Rax catch your implication fairly immediately. Bluurg glares and goes to stand, but Rax grabs him by the arm and forces him to sit back down. The Rak’ta, still wincing as though affected by the light, leans in towards Michael to mutter in angry agreement, “Nothing would pleassse me better, Massster Cook. Do me a favor though; when you find zem? Let me know…I’ll help you take zere gizzard out.”

    Michael, Charisma Check to see if he’s lying or not (DC 14)
    Rax doesn’t seem to have been the one to administer the poison, but he is absolutely incensed at what is going on. The way hes taking it personal, Rax *likely* knows who did this
    ---

    [Urixes is privy to all the information gleamed from the crowd and Mutineers that Michael and Oak have discovered!]
    ---

    Conrad the 2nd Mate suddenly climbs up upon the table, hood flapping back and hands upon his hips. He *kicks* the water pitcher aside and addresses the Crew of the Curse:

    wfion5tcqhcg.png

    “Friends! Comrades!” The half asleep and weary crew turn in time to watch Conrad speak. “We are less than a month into our voyage, one which was supposed to make us all rich beyond our wildest dreams! And we have been beset by one tragedy…after another…after another…after another since we have left Far Aeston!”

    “The Captain has risked your lives, each of you…for noblemen. For the whims of a group of new hands, she feels fondness for! For lizardfolk, as we cross their paths. My friends, when is enough finally enough? When we come to the Gray Maw, and she decides to throw *rough handfuls* of you at the cliff faces to grease her path? When the Rak’ta finally outbreed and overtake us, throwing most of us into the deep as the Captain watches? My friends, I say *ENOUGH*!

    Conrad looks down at himself with remorse, then up angrily at Captain Arabella. “*CAPTAIN*!...It is my dread responsibility to relieve you of your command. Please step down now, or you will be forced to.

    Captain Arabella grins slightly…then smiles, mouth reaching ear to ear. She responds in the obvious manner, “Fuck you, Conrad. How about that? You're under arrest, you traitorous fuck.”

    Conrad looks warily about…at the Wild Bunch…at Michael, and at Bern. He licks his lips, as a small trickle of sweat goes down his brow. “The Captain’s got her *DOGS*, ladies and gentlemen…same people who have put us in the *shit* so many times! But without them, she’s *nothing*.” Conrad has his confidence up, and smiles sadly out over the tables of sick and wounded. “There’s something coming….we *ALL* felt it. Me, the others here,” he gestures to the other Mutineers behind him. “…we intend to be alive on the other side of it. Anyone else, who wants to come with us and live? Join us up in the Navigation Room, post-haste. And to the rest of you?” He spits the last line, “Gods help your souls.”

    Before he has even finished talking, a smoke cloud emerges from underneath Conrad’s feet: once the green smoke has cleared, the 2nd Mate and his company have departed up above...

    Still grinning (rather manically), Captain Arabella looks around at the gathered crew. She makes no attempt to explain herself. “Well?” she asks, almost softly. “Anyone plan on joining them?”

    Geth roll 1d20 for Between a Cult and a Hard Place

    Anyone who wishes may attempt to talk down the assembled and sickened crew (their possible desire to desert, openly or in private…) with a Charisma roll. The Mutineers have departed to the Navigation Room...you will find it well-guarded at the moment, via Magic and other methods. You all have *one more* opportunity to make an action before the Flying Dutchman arrives; attune to items or prepare spells; investigate the Crew or prepare the ship; suggest to Captain Ari strategy or crew placement. Captain Ari will assign *all* healthy parties to roles in defense of the Ship (which may provide problems/benefits/a sealed room, should you find yourself in that area). Along with you final action before the incoming Siege, please tell me where your PC will be found once the Undead Galleon arrives.

    Between a Cult and a Hard Place:
    1d20 17 [1d20=17]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    At the moment, four of your fellow crewmen, (through fear or doubt), have taken Conrad's speech to heart...

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20 to figure out if rax is legit

    to figure out if rax is legit:
    1d20 13 [1d20=13]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited March 27
    Conrad's speech interrupts Jack's argument about whom that third bowl of gruel rightfully belongs to. Oh, right, the mutiny! He listens to the mutinous speech with interest, grinning at the Captain's response. As someone who talks too much he can appreciate those that get to the point quick.

    However, that is certainly not him and the famous last speech was always the highlight of of these tales, he wouldn't miss his chance for the world. He leaps on the table, kicking an empty bowl away, and raises the Red Skull saber, "When I signed up for this I was promised danger, adventure and riches, in equal measure." He grins broadly, "We've certainly had danger and adventure! And if this place is fighting this hard to keep us out, I cannot wait to see how plentiful the riches are!"

    Response or not, Jack is beaming as he climbs back down to stand beside Captain Ari. This was certainly a tick off his bucket list.

    Geth, roll 1d20 for A Rousing Speech

    ((OOC: Jack will be sitting in one of the crow's nests (with Fusspot, unless someone else wants the little beast for the fight?) keeping an eye out for the Dutchman. He's wearing his wolf helmet with the mask down and some loose clothing under his leather armour so he can be in werewolf form for the perception bonuses without being recognisable as such from below ))

    [edit] Hey, it's above average, I'll take what I can get now that Arno's taken the dice back!

    A Rousing Speech:
    1d20 12 [1d20=12]

    Glal on
    mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    It took most of Oak's restraint not to haul up to Conrad and plant him in the floor. It was only the Captain's stated desire that he avoid violence which kept him in his seat.

    The whole production felt a little too fancy for the crew, he wasn't sure what Conrad expected to happen after poisoning everyone but Oak wasn't likely to talk anyone out of it. Jack stood up and tried, and Oak was content to let him. The Shifter made his way over to the Captain and stood there silently, silently supporting his leader.

    OOC:Oak will suggest that the guns are manned and the sick are kept in a safe place with someone able to watch/protect them.

    Oak will be on the deck himself, ready for boarders. Or whatever targets he can find with his javelin.

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "We've had whole islands blow up, and monsters pick us off one by one off the deck. The Captain focused on keeping you lot safe, and getting what we needed to survive the coming trials. And what did Conrad do? Poison your water and spring division right when an enemy wants to put us on the sea floor. Honestly, how is that even a choice?

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for gain their support

    gain their support:
    1d20+2 6 [1d20=4]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes is this close to killing Conrad mid-speech, but some unseen force stays his hand. He had had quite enough of shadowy betrayals and hidden machinations though, and one way or another this would be the end of Conrad's schemes.

    "Conrad is a two-faced traitor, too weak to face his problems head on," Urixes says, his voice spreading magically throughout the ship. "You want to join him and the rest of those cowards, go ahead. I'm going to go kill some monsters. When I'm done, he's next."

    OOC: Urixes is using Thaumaturgy and hoping to get across to everyone on board that mutiny is very bad for your health. After he says his piece he'll head up to the deck to get ready for the coming battle.

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Intimidation Check

    Intimidation Check:
    1d20+7 21 [1d20=14]

    AustinP0027mrpakuzekebeau
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    After Conrad leaves, and everyone's said their piece in a moment of pause everyone hears the clanks of bowls and spoons. Michael, not even looking up from his task asks the room in general, "wonder which way they plan on turning us?", He then continues clearing bowls as folks are leaving their meals.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern pockets the raven feather before he’s even upright.

    “Hm.”, he says.

    Right now he’s not sure where he is or what’s going on.

    “Well. That’s never stopped me before.”

    Bern utilises his knowledge of the ship to slip into the shadows until the time is right. Or walk into someone immediately, fate shall decide!

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Stealth

    Stealth:
    1d20+3 17 [1d20=14]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited March 29
    Three of the wavering Crew are *immediately* convinced, between the lot of your logic and Urixes’s *BOOMING* voice. Only one of them, Saphos the Cabin Boy, stands up for a moment as if to leave…but is immediately *yanked* down by the fellows at his table. You hear mutterings of “Why doncha’ walk off and get poisoned on purpose then, ya great tosser!”

    Captain Ari looks around the room ruefully. “Well,” she says, nodding over towards Oak. “If we’re done with all *that* bullshit…let’s get to it then.”

    At the Captain’s order (and Oak's suggestion), several of the cannons are manned and made ready. Calthus has taken this opportunity to restore the following people to health after their poisoning: Carlee Burrows (Halfling Druid), Derbin (Gnome Pilot), Calvin Jenkins (Human Gunner), Whistler (Rogue Kenku), and Ril (Aarakocra Blood Hunter). They will join the others in good health in securing areas of the Ship and providing your group with certain perks!

    Captain Arabella sees the hate in the Wild Bunch’s eyes. “I get it folks, *I do*…but priority one is keeping these people, and this place safe. Those bastards wanna fuck off into a corner, and let us come knock their heads when we’re good an’ ready? Good: fuck em.

    “Now, here’s the game plan…”

    Captain Arabella will be assigning all healthy members of the Crew to one of the following areas: The Ship’s Wheel (on the Quarter Deck) for those on the Wheel; the Mizzen Mast, for whoever is on watch; The Gun Ports, for those on the Cannons; and the Clinic and Officer’s Quarters Areas, sealed off and under heavy protection for the wounded. The pirates in a given area will hold the line and provide safe haven, but be careful: without proper support, they won’t be able to hold it forever!

    - Ship’s Wheel- Derbin, Refi, Natali (Cleric)

    - Mizzen Mast- Ril

    - Gun Deck- Calvin, Whistler, Fiver, Zephyr

    - Officer’s Quarters- Captain Arabella, Calthus (Paladin), Killian, Shin, #73

    - Clinic- Hugo (Cleric), Carlee Burrowes
    ---
    [Later that day...]

    7t1xjeb0xvye.png

    Time moves too quickly. Before you know it, you see dread sails off in the distance, attached to a tattered and broken vessel, cutting across the water towards you with a *quickness*. You can just make out through the rain foul shapes moving aboard the Ship:

    98adnetsdzqx.png
    kxw4zbkqq445.png
    h2gxkyft898v.png


    They’ve caught sight of you, too now. Hideous rasps and cackles drift across the water, through the sound of the rain and flashes of lightning. The evil crew adjusts their course, aiming their bowspirit at the port side of the Ship. It looks as though they intend to ram you!

    From the Gun Deck, the sound of a countdown commences. Onboard the other ship, bloated corpses and skeletal remains grip ropes and hold swords between their teeth…

    The Flying Dutchman is nearly upon you! It looks as though they are going to *ram you*, and then swing over their first battalion on ropes! Please tell me the specific location your character will be beginning the battle at (ie. Main Deck, Port Side) and I will provide you each with a battle map of that area, as well as a keeping the general Ship’s Map updated to everyone’s location. You may make a Perception Check at any room you are adjacent to as an Action to see if you can hear what’s going on before entering (DC 14 if you’re inside, DC 17 if you’re outside in the rain). Once you have determined where you will be starting aboard the Curse (PM any questions you may have), throw down an Initiative Roll to see if the Undead Pirates manage to take you by surprise…

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Undead Initiative
    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Cannons of the Curse

    Undead Initiative:
    1d20+3 11 [1d20=8]
    Cannons of the Curse:
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    OOC:Sent via PM, but Oak will start on the Main deck, planning to repel any boarders.

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d20+2 21 [1d20=19]

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Having sounded his alarm Jack shifts back and looks down at the main deck- he spots the Shifter he nods, Oak has had his back in many battles now, this feels right. Doing his best not to lose his footing in the bad weather he climbs down the main mast to get ready for battle.

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Climbing Down Without Breaking His Neck

    Climbing:
    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Right, time for battle! Helm down, saber out. "Hey Oak, heard any undead pirate ship stories where the heroes win? I can't say I have. Still." He gives an amused chuckle, "I also don't remember any stories where the heroes survive against both an army of trolls and goblins, so, always a first."

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d20+4 12 [1d20=8]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak's hand tightens around his axe, which still feels...different, in this weather. "We make our own stories Jack." he yells back. "Leave it to the Bards to decide which ones they tell."

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Michael, unsurprisingly, is cleaning and stowing everything in the galley. As well as finally fully arming and armoring himself. His armor is a combination of his normal leather apron as well as studded leather pauldrons and leather bracers as well as his tall leather wading boots.

    Slung across his chest is a bandolier from right shoulder to left hip loaded with a number of vials towards the shoulder with a couple of flasks towards the hip end. With a large flask filled with an opaque liquid strapped to his left hip. On the front of his right hip are two daggers and on the back side of the bandolier a boomerang. A belt pouch filled with rations and other foodstuffs sits on his back left. On his right hip towards the back is a bolt case to feed the crossbow he usually wields in his left hand. Leaving his right hand free to wield his pipette wand. For right now michael sits in wait in the galley net at the ready with a crossbow loaded and stowed next to the door (accidental discharge will put a bolt in the cieling)

    Upon his head his chef's toque sits as always ready to serve.

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for initiative

    initiative:
    1d20+2 9 [1d20=7]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes joins Oak and Jack on the main deck to fend off the invaders.

    OOC: Heading to Main Deck, whatever side Oak and Jack aren't on. Hex (Urixes' new albatross buddy) will be perched nearby. Not sure what stats you want to use for it, I went with owl for now.

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Urixes' Initiative
    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Hex's Initiative

    Urixes' Initiative:
    1d20+2 17 [1d20=15]
    Hex's Initiative:
    1d20+1 8 [1d20=7]

    mrpakuAustinP0027
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Secret Initiative

    Secret Initiative:
    1d20+1 9 [1d20=8]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    CURRENT BATTLE MAP- MAIN DECK/GALLEY AREA
    o7fnwh67e3wr.jpg

    iff1so1wva8r.png

    The First Wave of Undead will be swinging aboard as soon as Arno (and Mister Fusspot) are situated for the battle! Let me know if you want your PC to start in a different location. I'll update with Initiative Order (back to Bad Guys Turn/Wild Bunches Turn to keep things moving with so many players) and Current Map at the top of each round. You guys know this Ship by now: if you have *any* questions about layout, items to be found aboard, ropes or rigging setup, ask and I'm sure we can figure it out! Use the environment to your advantage: your enemies certainly will be!

    Geth roll 1d20 for First Wave of Marauders

    First Wave of Marauders:
    1d20 3 [1d20=3]

    GlalSleep
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited March 29
    I'd say michael is at the other end of that table in the galley closer to the main deck doors.

    Sitting at the last stool on the right side of the table sipping tea from a roughshod cup, net laying neatly centered on the table a short handhold of it hanging over the edge. Ready to toss his cup and get out the door to the main deck to net an undead as soon as possible.

    Sleep on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Still worried about the visions, Arno stays close to the Captain. Not because they are afraid of ghosts, obviously, Arno is just the most reasonable body guard available, obviously.

    OOC Arno is in the officers quarters, making sure no mutineer or assassin is lurking. I'll have Mr. Fusspot, as the stormy weather would likely blow the poor creature away. Also, Fusspot is put on guard for possibly hidden things.

    Follow up: What happened with Refi using Detect magic to find the focus, was their none? Or maybe it didn't enflame with magical energy until the ghost ship was in sight, giving another reason to split the party? I also asked her to lessen the storm when the ghost ship would be upon us, so the gunners would have clear shooting, perhaps I could only ask for one of those to be active for this scene? I can only post once a day, so I feel a bit bad, please handle things as you see fit for the scene.

    Follow up follow up: Since we know the approx time the ship was to arrive, would I have had the chance to prep a ritual casting of water walk? It lets me pick 10 people who will basically just be on top of water for an hour (or if dragged, pop to the top of the water as soon as possible), and I'd pick Oak, Urixes, Jack, Michael, Bern, Refi, Derbin, Ril, Zephyr, Fiver.

    GlalAustinP0027mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited March 30
    OFFICER’S QUARTERS

    Arno chooses to keep to Captain Arabella’s side during the mutiny, to keep a close eye on her and the injured. (Arno can tell Captain Ari is touched that you’ve stuck by her as the rest of the Bunch took to the Decks above).

    The Officer’s Quarters are packed, and restless. Arno hears a familiar voice pipe up in her head. Refi, the Ship’s Artist speaks to you from the Wheel, using a Sending spell: “Found Bone Staff: Navigation Room. Necrotic Wizardry- Staff tied to Galleon; Galleon tied to Spell Wall. Try not to die”

    From outside in the rain, you can hear the sounds of jeering and guttural laughter. Arno can nearly *feel* the pressure of the Flying Dutchmen, pressing in on the Whispered Curse. The Crew around you look miserable…and afraid.

    Arno, please make a Charisma Check to see if you can encourage/lighten up/distract the room of sickened and out-of-commission pirates

    OOC:Arno may respond to Refi, using 25 words or less. Hugo the Doctor (in the room nearby) *also* has access to a Sending Spell, and it can be assumed one of your friends has a Sending Stone. All Party Members on the Main Deck/Galley are under the effect of the "Water Walking" spell. Arno may shift the weather on the turn immediately to follow (let’s say, Refi misjudged the timing by a few seconds)
    ---

    THE WHISPERED CURSE

    The Dutchman bears down upon you, its Bowspirit looking to *gouge* the Starboard side…when, at the absolute last possible second, the Undead Galleon *pulls up*, sliding in almost perpendicular to the Whispered Curse (The Evil Ship handles *excellently*; or, perhaps more likely, the dead are willing to cut such things a little closer)

    GUN DECK

    The Gunners were apparently taken by surprise at the enemy ship’s maneuver...but luckily, none had fired off their shot yet. As the Flying Dutchman siddles up next to the Curse, *mere feet away* from the Cannons, those on the Starboard side *open fire*

    Geth roll 1d20+5 bludgeoning (Zephyr)

    Geth roll 1d20+5 bludgeoning (Whistler)
    ---

    Meanwhile, skeletal fingers take to ropes along the enemy deck. In the heavy rain and thunder, you can make out the undead jump to their ropes and try to *swing* over to the Curse!

    However, your crew is ready for them, and the skeletons that constitute most of the first wave seem to have as much trouble with the rain as you do. Some over-swing their landing, and go flying off the other side of the ship; some don’t swing hard enough (or slip from their ropes), and most of these get *scattered* into the drink below. From his perch on the Watch overhead, Ril the Aaracokra manages to tag one with his Great Bow, despite the rain. The scene of skeletal failure is *almost* comical…

    But a few, fingers scraping, manage to cling to the sides of the ship, and begin their slow climb up. Three of them, swords held between ivory jaws, land among the Main Mast, and begin to slide down towards the deck, fingers ripping the fabric as they go. And four of the undead, laughing and ready, land among the Wild Bunch, teeth bared and claws grasping, ready to add you to the Crew…

    The Flying Dutchman idles nearby, close enough to make out the jeering and laughing crew still aboard from over the Starboard side of the Whispered Curse

    nyr4n4mpkwa6.jpg


    INITIATIVE ORDER- FIRST WAVE

    1. Oak

    2. Urixes

    3. Jack

    4. Undead- x1 Ghast (AC 13), x3 Skeletons (AC 13)- x3 Skeletons on the overhead Main Sail, to “arrive” next turn

    5. Michael

    6. Bern

    DM NOTE: After the Undead take their first turn, act in whatever order you are able so we can keep the battle moving!

    bludgeoning (Zephyr):
    1d20+5 14 [1d20=9]
    bludgeoning (Whistler):
    1d20+5 21 [1d20=16]

    mrpaku on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    [Giant, meaty chunks of the middle decks are blown away by the Curse's Big Guns...but it seems to do little to impede the derelict Ship! The Undead Crew *hollers and taunts* you from the Main Deck of the Dutchman!]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited March 30
    Oak sets his feet as the Flying Dutchman pulls alongside, expecting a crash of ships, and watching is slight amazement as the other ship turns at the last second to come alongside them. His eyes trace the boarding undead, watching a few fail, but some still make the landing on the deck. Seeing the undead step on the Curse ignites the smoldering spark of anger inside of him that he had been holding onto from the mutiny announcement, and this time he fully let it go. His vision turned red, his hands gripped his axe, and his lip curled up in anger exposing his teeth.

    Oak charges towards the skeletons with a roar, unwilling to let them prepare for an attack, and going full bore into the one he reaches first. His axes comes down twice quickly, intent on crushing bone however he can.

    OOC: Moving in the spot between Green 1 and 3. Going into a rage. Attacking 3.

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Axe Swing at 3
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Axe Swing at 3 (2nd)
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg (2nd)

    Axe Swing at 3:
    1d20+8 19 [1d20=11]
    Axe Dmg:
    1d12+7 16 [1d12=9]
    Axe Swing at 3 (2nd):
    1d20+8 13 [1d20=5]
    Axe Dmg (2nd):
    1d12+7 15 [1d12=8]

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Oak descends on the Skeleton in a frothing, red fury! The creature barely had time to get to his feet before his bones are hacked out of him, and his unlife is ended!

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    The weather is miserable, however Jack's mood is kept high as he watches the skeletons swing across to the Curse- now this is bard song material! He's heard many tales of fighting undead in the past and is excited to finally experience it.

    He's more likely to have the arrow blow away than hit an opponent in these conditions, so he pulls out the saber instead, commenting to Oak beside him, "You think these guys' boss is a really big skeleton? I... oh, and there he goes." He watches Oak roar off, shrugs, flips his mask down and charges at the closest undead himself, slashing at it!

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Skeleton #2
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Skeleton #2
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2

    Saber Strike at Skeleton #2:
    1d20+7 25 [1d20=18]
    Saber Strike at Skeleton #2:
    1d20+7 11 [1d20=4]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 9 [1d8=4]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 6 [1d8=1]

    AustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Jack's first *slash* manages to tear off the skeleton's entire left arm, and a good handful of ribs. It skitters out of the way of your second blow. The skeleton *SQUAWKS* up at Jack, through empty, hateful eyes
    Red Skull Saber, Current Mood: Melancholy. Thirsty

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes nods at Hex, who flies in to harass and distract the undead. Urixes then lets loose with a show of arcane force, relishing the chance to finally attack something without a moral dilemma attached.

    OOC: Hex will fly to the square directly north of the Ghast 1 and use its action to Help, giving Urixes advantage on his first attack roll against that enemy. Urixes will fire two Eldritch Blast beams at Ghast 1, then summon Grasp of the Deep into the open square where Skeleton 3 was, using it to swipe at Skeleton 2.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Eldritch Blast 1 vs Ghast 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2 vs Ghast 1
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Grasp of the Deep vs Skeleton 2
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Lightning Damage

    Eldritch Blast 1 vs Ghast 1:
    2d20k1+8 22 [2d20k1=[14], 3]
    Eldritch Blast 2 vs Ghast 1:
    1d20+8 15 [1d20=7]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 9 [1d10=5]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 7 [1d10=3]
    Grasp of the Deep vs Skeleton 2:
    1d20+7 27 [1d20=20]
    Lightning Damage:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]

    SleepmrpakuAustinP0027
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Grasp of the Deep Crit

    Grasp of the Deep Crit:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited March 30
    The Ghast is tossed, battered; thrown through the doors of the Galley. It *giggles* as it flies through, but seems "wounded", amongst his aged flesh...

    Jack's Skelton, electrified and beaten by Urixes, *hisses* up at the young lad, and slices away with their scimitar..

    Geth roll 1d20+4 sword
    Geth roll 2d6+2 piercing

    The skeletal survivor next to Oak hisses malevolently, and strikes out!

    Geth roll 1d20+4 sword
    Geth roll 2d6+2 piercing

    The Ghast which had been *bodily" tossed into the Galley turns on the nearest live flesh it can find; Michael!...

    Geth roll 1d20+3 Ghast attack
    Geth roll 2d8+3 Bite

    8tbnzinfzmsf.jpg

    [Lightning sits heavy in the clouds; *CRACKLES* off in the distance...]

    sword:
    1d20+4 12 [1d20=8]
    piercing:
    2d6+2 13 [2d6=6, 5]
    sword:
    1d20+4 7 [1d20=3]
    piercing:
    2d6+2 5 [2d6=2, 1]
    Ghast attack:
    1d20+3 9 [1d20=6]
    Bite:
    2d8+3 8 [2d8=4, 1]

    mrpaku on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack feels impressed with himself as the skeleton's arm goes flying. Oh, this is fun, much better than fighting people who turn into snakes! He dodges the enemy's counter attack, then goes back in, slashing at the undead- it's bound to run out of bones eventually!

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Skeleton #2
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Saber Strike at Skeleton #2
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2
    Geth, roll 1d8+5 for Saber Damage at #2

    Saber Strike at Skeleton #2:
    1d20+7 17 [1d20=10]
    Saber Strike at Skeleton #2:
    1d20+7 18 [1d20=11]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 12 [1d8=7]
    Saber Damage at #2:
    1d8+5 10 [1d8=5]

    Endless_Serpents
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    "Well this changes the plan considerably", michael thinks as he rises dodging the ghastly attack, letting go of his teacup and grasping the net for a quick moment to toss it onto the ghast.

    Geth roll 1d20 to see if I bag me a ghast

    to see if I bag me a ghast:
    1d20 3 [1d20=3]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    From his hiding place within a longboat Bern glares at the nearest undead warrior. He casts Heat Metal on the unsuspecting creature’s silver teeth!

    Geth roll 2d8 for Fire Damage
    Heat Metal
    Choose a manufactured metal object, such as a metal weapon or a suit of heavy or medium metal armor, that you can see within range. You cause the object to glow red-hot. Any creature in physical contact with the object takes 2d8 fire damage when you cast the spell. Until the spell ends, you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage again. If a creature is holding or wearing the object and takes the damage from it, the creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or drop the object if it can. If it doesn’t drop the object, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks until the start of your next turn.

    In theory Bern is still hidden, so I can do a backstab on my next turn, but maybe one of the undead can do a Perception check?

    Fire Damage:
    2d8 6 [2d8=2, 4]

    Glalmrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited March 31
    Oak destroys a skeleton and watches Jack take a chunk out of another. His eyes were on the Ghast, however, as more of a threat. And when it got blasted into the Galley, he knew he could t leave it be. "Jack!" He yells out, "This one be yours too!"

    Oak runs towards the galley, crashing through the open doors to see Michael fending off the Ghast. Gritting his teeth, Oak climbs a table and throws his weight into his strikes, recklessly slashing at the Ghast as he tries to smash it down.

    OOC: Going to take the opportunity attack from skeleton 1. Recklessly attacking the Ghast to get advantage on first attack. Ghast will have advantage against me next turn.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+8 for Axe Swing at Ghast
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Axe Swing at Ghast (2nd)
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Axe Dmg (2nd)

    Axe Swing at Ghast:
    2d20k1+8 24 [2d20k1=[16], 3]
    Axe Dmg:
    1d12+7 17 [1d12=10]
    Axe Swing at Ghast (2nd):
    1d20+8 9 [1d20=1]
    Axe Dmg (2nd):
    1d12+7 13 [1d12=6]

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno replies back to Refi "Kick up wind, less boarding. Oak's axe likes lightning. Keep boat close so cannons hit true."

    Arno then whispers to the sending stone, knowing the other side has Jack on the line, "Bone staff in Navigation room, it's calling ghost ship. May need someone with dispel magic. Have fun."

    The changeling is aware of the gloom in the air, and how it can be as deadly as any sickness. Speaking to no one in particular, "Well, this is no army of Goblin's and trolls, but hopefully it can still give the Wild bunch some exercise. Though Oak's new axe is a thirsty girl, might take out the whole undead crew in a rage [Arno turns to a bearish looking shifter, swinging an imaginary axe. One much larger than any real axe could be, from the pantomime]. Then poor Jack will be looking at me with puppy dog eyes going 'Was that it? I didn't even get a chance to swing from a mast and then fall into the ocean by accident. I demand a do over' [Arno shifts to a wolfy shifter with too big eyes, looking mopey]. Urixes will go 'Hrmm' which will either mean 'Now it's time for Conrad to pay' or 'That was easy...too easy.' Never one to find a silver lining that Urixes. But pretty soon this will all be over, and you'll have all had an easy rest out of the storm. So buck up buttercups, we'll pull through this yet."



    Geth roll 1d20+2 for keeping up spirits to keep back spirits

    keeping up spirits to keep back spirits:
    1d20+2 22 [1d20=20]

    Glalmrpaku
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    It was the mime portion that really elevated the story.

    AustinP0027Glalmrpaku
Sign In or Register to comment.