PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    FTL's boss was trivially easy though, hades is the opposite

nah Hades final boss is pretty simple

I

what

the FTL boss is renowned as being hard as fuck and you have to build specifically for it or you get fucking roflstomped

FTL's boss kills you once, the first time you see P2. Unless you limp into sector 8 just having never got any decent weapons or shops your winrate should be very nearly 100% once in sector 8

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    1st episode of Utopia is...odd.

I didn't watch all of the original, but it was very good

A bit like Shameless I can't imagine a US remake working super well

It seems like the type of show I will definitely need more than 1 episode to figure out.

The characters seem neat. The first episode kind of feels like Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency but darker.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    i guess ian miles cheong posted in chat like 12 years ago

wild shit

I have no idea who that is

A gamegater

Extremely late, but actually no! Like, I hate giving IMC credit but he was actually anti-GG and then wasps parasitized his brain around 2015

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

Disagree. With enough mirror perks you can slap together any old set of boons and reach the final boss, but there's so much that can go wrong during the fight, if you miss a couple dodges or don't have good synergy or just haven't done the fight enough to learn it. FTL's can easily be cleared on the second attempt (or first if you buy cloak)

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Why does Pat ignore big Skeleton

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    1st episode of Utopia is...odd.

I didn't watch all of the original, but it was very good

A bit like Shameless I can't imagine a US remake working super well

I loved the original enough that I'm not even going to touch a remake, just why bother, amazon don't even have the "it was in foreign" excuse.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I hate the bow in Hades

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    FTL's boss is kind of a straight gearcheck.

It is a lot more tough in the enhanced edition though, with the mind control and hacking modules. When you suddenly can't depend on your cloak or high tier weapons you gotta scramble.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I

what

the FTL boss is renowned as being hard as fuck and you have to build specifically for it or you get fucking roflstomped

FTL's boss kills you once, the first time you see P2. Unless you limp into sector 8 just having never got any decent weapons or shops your winrate should be very nearly 100% once in sector 8

Yes the FTL boss is trivial with the right equipment that you are absolutely not guaranteed to have by the time your reach the boss.

Without the right equipment you die and there's pretty much fuckall you can do about it.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The difference between having a dash that deflects and having one that doesn't feels like a matter of life and death with pretty much any run.

Always be dashing

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    blargh am ded

n78koryh2p10.png

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I hate the bow in Hades

It's the best weapon

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I hate the bow in Hades

It's the best weapon

you both spelled spear wrong

• Options
    I got the frost/demeter boon for spear plus the long range buff and it's just trivially easy to stun lock everything

• Options
    The fucking pink butterfly orbs are super annoying, though. I hate them so much.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    IMPORTANT ALERT

THE GOOD PLACE SEASON 4 IS FINALLY ON NETFLIX

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    IMPORTANT ALERT

THE GOOD PLACE SEASON 4 IS FINALLY ON NETFLIX

yayy

• Options
    or maybe it will just be sad

who knows????

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    or maybe it will just be sad

who knows????

NOBODY TALK ABOUT IT

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    got the (I think) the (possible?) final boss of Hades a third time with a third weapon.

this time it was the bow.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    It's weird that UK viewers were able to watch The Good Place before US ones

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    It's weird that UK viewers were able to watch The Good Place before US ones

euro netflix is better than US netflix and i don't know why

how many adam sandler movies do we need

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I finished Spiritfarer. That’s a lovely game.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I finished Spiritfarer. That’s a lovely game.
    I really hope they add a bit more content or DLC or something, because that’s a world I would love to revisit.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Sigh, I was in that 12 year old chat thread they linked

posting cringe shit

ah, to be 22 again

• Options
    i must be growing as a person

the side of fries this place gave me was easily like five potatoes' worth of fries

and i only ate like half of them

• Options

the side of fries this place gave me was easily like five potatoes' worth of fries

This happens more and more to me

being full

what

that never used to happen

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

posting cringe shit

ah, to be 22 again
    I've been here long enough to sort of think of you all as my peer group so it's real weird whenever someone says something like this, where they're talking about over a decade ago when they were young and stupid, but the young and stupid age is as old as I am now.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I have never said anything embarrassing or offensive in my life (that can be found).

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    all of my posts are offensive and embarrassing, as a means to inoculate myself

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    My friend has me concerned about whether or not there will still be enough normalcy for the Wyrmwood table to ship when it comes time to send tables to Canada. Small likelihood of total breakdown....but not impossible. And I don't have to commit the whole price until a few months before shipping. So I've backed off my pledge to the minimum $300.

That, plus the cancelled vacations this year mean I have a few K socked away that are suddenly available. So I've been spending. Probably should be saving, but, well. You know.

New projector, and expanded my Bones 5 order. It's probably best for me to save most of it, but I know me. I'm impulsive and don't think about the future much. I'm sure I'll find something else that's stupid to buy in the next few weeks.

• Options
    Oh, and don't order anything from Incense Falls. They don't ship you anything they say they will.

• Options
    Cons: After spending an hour trying to remove two links from a watch band I've admitted defeat and ordered something specifically to get the pins out. This was not this hard the last time I had to mess with a watch band!

Pros: I'm not bleeding.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

posting cringe shit

ah, to be 22 again
    I've been here long enough to sort of think of you all as my peer group so it's real weird whenever someone says something like this, where they're talking about over a decade ago when they were young and stupid, but the young and stupid age is as old as I am now.

don’t worry we don’t hold all the things you say against you

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    My friend has me concerned about whether or not there will still be enough normalcy for the Wyrmwood table to ship when it comes time to send tables to Canada. Small likelihood of total breakdown....but not impossible. And I don't have to commit the whole price until a few months before shipping. So I've backed off my pledge to the minimum $300.

That, plus the cancelled vacations this year mean I have a few K socked away that are suddenly available. So I've been spending. Probably should be saving, but, well. You know.

New projector, and expanded my Bones 5 order. It's probably best for me to save most of it, but I know me. I'm impulsive and don't think about the future much. I'm sure I'll find something else that's stupid to buy in the next few weeks.

I really wanted to order one but I really just couldn't justify the price tag.

Amusingly a friend was insisting that her dad would probably help me build a custom one out of red oak because apparently he just loves building things with red oak.

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »

I really wanted to order one but I really just couldn't justify the price tag.

Amusingly a friend was insisting that her dad would probably help me build a custom one out of red oak because apparently he just loves building things with red oak.

I'm going with Padauk and getting a ton of accessories. I'll probably have spent $6-$8K by the time I get the table. I'm also considering getting a Lilliput coffee table in Padauk as well.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular

that won't make you grow at all :(

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Okay yes, John Cusack is the perfect actor to cast for Utopia.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Got to the last boss of Hades. Had a nice build with the spear. Rapid fire attacks, stacking Doom. Sigh. If I had my defy death I probably could have beat him. So close

did you unlock
    infinite defy deaths, but only once per room
    yet?

• Options
    Got to the last boss of Hades. Had a nice build with the spear. Rapid fire attacks, stacking Doom. Sigh. If I had my defy death I probably could have beat him. So close

did you unlock
    infinite defy deaths, but only once per room
    yet?

Yes, but I stuck with the original

Did you get
    Megaera's keepsake
    yet? It pairs really nicely.

This discussion has been closed.