As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Every new story stage in Age of Calamity is somehow managing to be worse written than the previous, and I thought I was inured to this shit from years of Dynasty Warriors.

Everyone: "We are missing our knight of legend. All we have is this random knight who kills thousands, is the master of all weapons, and shoots lasers from his hands. Where could the missing legendary knight be!?"

Revali: "Why do we great heroes and royalty have to also have some loser super knight with us while we search for the legendary knight?"
    *camera pans back to show like 3 other random dudes also with them*

Zelda: "Oh, Great Deku tree, we have come to see you."
    Deku: "Yes, you have come to see me. Now go."

It's like the script was written by someone who was both an imbecile and a mad man.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Thank you! Grabbed one too

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Every new story stage in Age of Calamity is somehow managing to be worse written than the previous, and I thought I was inured to this shit from years of Dynasty Warriors.

Everyone: "We are missing our knight of legend. All we have is this random knight who kills thousands, is the master of all weapons, and shoots lasers from his hands. Where could the missing legendary knight be!?"

Revali: "Why do we great heroes and royalty have to also have some loser super knight with us while we search for the legendary knight?"

It's like the script was written by someone who was both an imbecile and a mad man.

I love Age of Calamity but the story really is dogshit.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Well I got the mClassic in and after much troubleshooting the extension cable they provided me is busted.

Wow.

I got one for myself and gave one too my Dad for Christmas. Both off of Amazon. Did it just not work at all? No signal?

Yeah when I plug it through the extender it gives me no signal but without the extender it works. Unfortunately you can't plug it in to the Switch without the extender.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

I love Age of Calamity but the story really is dogshit.

I legitimately have no idea what that Deku Tree scene even fucking was, and it's baffling me. At no point before this did they mention they were trying to talk to it. It imparted literally no information to them. It thanked them for coming, said that they already have everything they need, that the future was up to them, and then they left.

Obviously, it exists because it's something to check off the list, but they couldn't even try? It's almost a total nonsequitur if the stage hadn't taken place in a forest.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Well I got the mClassic in and after much troubleshooting the extension cable they provided me is busted.

Wow.

I got one for myself and gave one too my Dad for Christmas. Both off of Amazon. Did it just not work at all? No signal?

Yeah when I plug it through the extender it gives me no signal but without the extender it works. Unfortunately you can't plug it in to the Switch without the extender.

Any 4K HDMI cable should work though, if you have another one handy.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Speaking of swag, this is possibly the ultimate swag:

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/nintendo/products/switch-limited-run-94-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-the-game-ko-edition

DkxpFvw.png

Yes you lift up the lid of the game and you get an entire pop-up concert with Sex Bob-Omb and Anamanaguchi music.

Full contents:
    • Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Complete Edition Classic Edition
    • Premium hard-shell roadie collector's case box featuring working lights and sound. Opening the case turns on the lights and sound (music from Anamanaguchi) as well as revealing a pop-up scene of Sex Bob-omb
    • Contents in the case can be accessed by lifting the concert stage
    • Full-color instruction booklet
    • Reversible covers
    • The Clash at Demonhead commemorative concert ticket
    • Deluxe Classic Edition clamshell case with reversible cover.
    • Hardcover Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game guide book
    • CD & Cassette Original Soundtrack from Anamanaguchi
    • Full-size wooden drum sticks featuring game art
    • Three Sex Bob-omb guitar picks (one each of light, medium, and heavy gauges)
    • Scott Pilgrim loading screen enamel pin
    • Premium high-gloss foil 7 Evil-Exes trading card set
    • Two sticker sheets featuring art from the game

There's also a regular version and a medium version with only some of the swag above.

Maybe it's because it's late and I'm about to fall asleep, but I don't see the world map mentioned there. That's the big draw for me, personally.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    DC4HBc5.png

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

Wow.

Any 4K HDMI cable should work though, if you have another one handy.

Unfortunately I need a male to female extender. I have a ton of HDMI cables but the extender is what is dead I think.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I'm playing Horace right now and it has to be one of the weirdest games I've ever played.

ks176rcthj67.png

The basic gameplay is some VVVVV style instant death tricky platforming with insta-respawn and chunky pixel art, but it evolves from that out in so many weird and unexpected ways. Some highly surreal levels, all kinds of classic video game references but mainly concentrating on the ZX Spectrum era, a plethora of other pop culture references including some vintage TV that will be extremely obscure to anyone not a Brit of a certain age, at one point goes from set levels to full Metroid map for a while, repeated drug references, large boss battles, a barely coherent plot with lengthy cutscenes that swings off to some very weird places, many mini-game interludes, a soundtrack of mostly classical music as chiptunes.

Thankfully the gameplay behind it all is solid as well. Can get pretty tough at times but if you keep dying at the same point it starts giving you shields so you should be able to eventually brute force anything.

I'm not sure if I'm recommending it or not, but it's certainly an experience and worth a look if you like unique games and/or tough platformers.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-10-20-horace-review-a-glimpse-into-a-singular-mind

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Did anyone else have their order of that Nintendo EShop card cancelled? Looks like the sale is gone too.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Did anyone else have their order of that Nintendo EShop card cancelled? Looks like the sale is gone too.

Yup, mine got cancelled as well. Clearly a pricing error that they couldn't afford to honor.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Yup, mine got cancelled as well. Clearly a pricing error that they couldn't afford to honor.

I ended up adding mine to my eShop account shortly after ordering it so they're shit outta luck. Would be hilarious if I got refunded though 👀

Mine actually got delivered so I suppose it means you guys never received the codes.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Looks like we'll most likely find out what Bowser's Fury is tomorrow morning

x85jbosnrxmb.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    That logo just postively screams "this was our Halloween game before Covid"

• Options
    TelMarine wrote: »

I ended up adding mine to my eShop account shortly after ordering it so they're shit outta luck. Would be hilarious if I got refunded though 👀

Mine actually got delivered so I suppose it means you guys never received the codes.

Yeah, I got my code and redeemed it.

• Options

Same. Walmart email said 'suspicious transaction activity' l o l

oh well

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    That logo just pawstively screams "this was our Halloween game before Covid"

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Think i'm going to grab 3d World as a bday present to myself. Loved it on the WiiU.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    As cool as that Scott pilgrim swag is LRG took 8 months to deliver my copy of Panzer Dragoon and right now they're being swarmed with complaints because they keep setting up preorders for things when people who have put in orders 5+ months ago are still waiting on their stuff.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Zunde wrote: »
    As cool as that Scott pilgrim swag is LRG took 8 months to deliver my copy of Panzer Dragoon and right now they're being swarmed with complaints because they keep setting up preorders for things when people who have put in orders 5+ months ago are still waiting on their stuff.

I mean, I get annoyed with LRG a lot too but they literally warn you multiple times before you order that the product is in production and could face delays, and then they give updates on the products page throughout the process. They are a small company making these to order, the alternative to this is that we simply don't get cool special editions of retro/obscure games.

Edit: same thing with the refund policy, the alternative isn't that we get refunds, the alternative is that LRG ceases to exist.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Zunde wrote: »

I mean, I get annoyed with LRG a lot too but they literally warn you multiple times before you order that the product is in production and could face delays, and then they give updates on the products page throughout the process. They are a small company making these to order, the alternative to this is that we simply don't get cool special editions of retro/obscure games.

I want to say this but Strictly Limited seems to be focusing on 2-3 month turnarounds. It seems like LRG sets up orders when hype is at the highest (right around a digital release) rather than when they are actually ready to submit to Nintendo's manufacturing queue.

Like my understanding is Panzer Dragoon took forever because they were waiting on devs to get the final patch done. So maybe that would've been a better time to take orders???

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So, uh, looks like Bowser's Fury lives up to its name.

https://youtu.be/ppkX8epoD9g

Apparently the big news is co-op/assistance with Bowser Jr., a gigantic evil black Bowser, and Mario fighting him by becoming gigantic himself.

Oh, and more kitties.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Didn't 3D World already have coop? Or is this a way to have my kids help out or something without actually playing?

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Didn't 3D World already have coop? Or is this a way to have my kids help out or something without actually playing?

It did, but it looks like Bowser Jr. is purely a support character who can assist/find stuff for Mario. So maybe?

cloudeagle on
  • Options

Something that doesn't seem to be mentioned much is that the Switch version of 3D World has online multiplayer.

xrwne8cu8wck.jpg

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-mario-3d-world-plus-bowsers-fury-switch/

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    He has surpassed Giga, that's a Tera Bowser right there.

Getting a kinda open worldy vibe to that trailer, closer to 64/Sunshine than 3D World's level stuff?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I never played 3D World, so this might be a good title to pick up. Plus, my daughter loves Mario games but hates encountering bad guys. Giving her control of Bowser Jr might work out well.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Haven't played much 3D world but this looks a hell of a lot more like the Oddessy engine and gameplay style? Free camera movement in a big open level while chasing down collectibles.

Also c'mon, that Bowser is literally a giant jack-o-lantern with candy corn-colored top spikes.

And Mario didn't just go big, he went full Super Sayain there at the end. Or alternatively, more evidence of where the good Sonic team members went.

• Options
    skeldare wrote: »

Something that doesn't seem to be mentioned much is that the Switch version of 3D World has online multiplayer.

xrwne8cu8wck.jpg

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-mario-3d-world-plus-bowsers-fury-switch/

This is very cool but when it comes to Nintendo I have to assume that it is going to be designed in the most cumbersome way possible. I bet they boot you between levels and you have to reinvite or you have to both send each other requests to play in game and it takes 20 minutes to actually get into a lobby. Or you can't even invite friends from your friend list and you create a lobby and have to set a password to join it.

• Options
    3D World was a (successful) attempt to bridge the gap between the extremely popular 2D Mario games and stuff like Mario Galaxy, which was great and popular but managed to confuse some people. The 3D environments were fun yet a bit restricted (in a good way).

Now that Odyssey is a big success and removed the worry that Mario could be too complex, yeah, maybe Bowser's Fury is incorporating more open world style stages.

• Options

Oh no you don't Nintendo! I fell for this trick last time with the Mario 35 pins. I know your stock levels for these pins are probably countable on two hands.

Fool me once!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    3D World was a (successful) attempt to bridge the gap between the extremely popular 2D Mario games and stuff like Mario Galaxy, which was great and popular but managed to confuse some people. The 3D environments were fun yet a bit restricted (in a good way).

Now that Odyssey is a big success and removed the worry that Mario could be too complex, yeah, maybe Bowser's Fury is incorporating more open world style stages.

I hope that the game actually has analog control this time though.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular

Oh no you don't Nintendo! I fell for this trick last time with the Mario 35 pins. I know your stock levels for these pins are probably countable on two hands.

Fool me once!

It's impossible for me to even qualify for the 15 missions needed. Booooo

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      It's too bad that their 2D games have become completely soulless.

• Options
      SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Fool me once!

Jesus I'm not doing all that for some pins, that's ridiculous

LxX6eco.jpg
      PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    • Options
      Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
      That video seemed to barely point out what it is. But I guess that is the Nintendo game reveal process now. Show vid with just basic gameplay clips, wait for people to disect the shit out of it. Later go into details.

I want 3D world anyway so I don't care but all I got from that was what I THINK were new levels and a big bowser boss fight.

• Options
      DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
      Your mission: give us money.

• Options
      Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
      it's weird that they finally made the Odyssey DLC we all wanted, but they priced it $60 and bundled it with a different game, an interesting strategy