As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[2020 ELECTION] THREAD OF WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FORK

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Even if 100% everything in them was true just..what is supposed to be the problem here? At least with butterymales they had the unauthorized server fig leaf

This is just, you stole and published a bunch of private communication that reveals that Biden is nice to his son?

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Buzzfeed

Video clip of Trump actually outright saying that he might flee the US if Biden wins.

So, like all things, totally just putting it out there. Doesn't mean it. Never said it. But can you imagine if he did? And then imagine if he did it? But he'd never do it. He's just saying it. Totally just saying what if he did. etc etc

His tone in there is just joking. "If I lose to Biden I'll be so ashamed I'll have to leave the country."

I can't see him fleeing the country though. I suspect he puts enough trust in his ability to evade the law and consequences like he always has to be so scared he runs right away.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I've been worried about Trump fleeing the country since about 2016. If Trump flees to Russia I'm sure he will have a well paying job: putting out media to encourage widespread rightwing violence in the USA.

I don't think the Secret Service, CIA, FBI or military are going to let him leave the country, however, especially if he is only an ex-president. But if he tries some shit before Biden is sworn in, I don't know what the fuck will happen. Depends on if it's legal for everyone to say it's not safe for him to leave and then just sit on their hands.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I mean need we forget they posted a picture of Joe Biden with one of his sons at a Washington football game because he was wearing their old Merch and thought that would like gin up outrage that 30 years ago he took his boys to a football game?

i actually don't remember that

maybe some of you guys are in too deep

inception.gif

edit to be more substantive

James Carville is an ancient Dem operative
    18 days out,
    @DougJones
    needs our support more than ever. Latest polls have this a dead heat. Pls read their latest and go donate https://dougjones.com/sites/default/files/media_uploads/220-6003C Alabama Senate Survey Memo-F.pdf
    Doug Jones +1 (48-47) even in an internal is woah

If the only poll showing it remotely close is an internal, I'm not buying it. If Biden wants to send some of his absurd warchest, sure, but I just don't see it being that close.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Remember that Trump is the king of projection. You know how he wants so badly to start jailing his political opponants? What do you think he thinks is going to happen if Biden is president?

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    wrote:
    Kennedy said he reimbursed his campaign with $1.5 million of his own money in late September to cover all of the improperly spent funds.

In a country of 320 million, this is the one guy establishment Democrats found to be worthy enough to back in a primary against a sitting senator. Beautiful.

I really hope his political career is finished. He's the Bertie Wooster of politics.

I don't really think that's true. One of the main reasons they backed him was apparently he's done a bunch of work helping the party pick up House seats. Everything I read about the guy seemed like he was a fine enough candidate. He probably just aimed too high too fast. Somewhat understandable given he's from MA and there's only 2 spots at the top.

The campaign finance violations are potentially a sign of desperation. But from what I've heard from previous stories this shit can just happen too. The rules can be complicated and people fuck stuff up. Obama's campaign got nailed for some fairly hefty fines too for screwing up paperwork. The Boston Globe article is paywalled so I'm not sure if there's more details there or not.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Joe Biden is correct about Bo Erickson, btw. Dude is a hack.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Joe Biden is correct about Bo Erickson, btw. Dude is a hack.

What annoys the fuck out of me is that these assholes ask a question about obvious foreign bullshit and then their own root network says "this is bullshit" and then get cry baby about the candidate telling them to go fuck themselves.

Like we saw that yesterday with Haberman when this shit originally broke and the NYT said it was horseshit and she was all "some people are saying..."

And they wonder why the Biden admin ignores the national press.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Also safe assumption on that Jones poll is that it's making assumptions about the electorate different than the national pollsters who have gone in there. It's possible they're right, but going with the consensus is usually smart.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I don't see Trump actually leaving. A million jokes about him not having money don't mean that he's not actually rich, and there's a reason people like him don't worry about the law much.

Yes, his expensive lawyers can draw everything out until he dies of old age or is too old and sick to jail.

The same, however, does not count for his brood.

Why else do you think Don Jr...aka the smart(estish) one was trying to stage an intervention?

Also loving your kid despite their problems is only a weakness to human garbage. Fuck anyone who wants to make Joe look bad for unconditionally being a loving father to his kids, addiction or not. People don't choose to fall into drug problems.

And I'm pretty sure that Trumps 5:00 am on 1/20/21 to St. Petersburg will have unexpected engine trouble keeping him on the tarmac until 12:01 if that's how things roll.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Buzzfeed

Video clip of Trump actually outright saying that he might flee the US if Biden wins.

So, like all things, totally just putting it out there. Doesn't mean it. Never said it. But can you imagine if he did? And then imagine if he did it? But he'd never do it. He's just saying it. Totally just saying what if he did. etc etc

Putin has a nice dacha ready for him with some fresh tea.

But seriously I wouldn't be surprised. He is facing half a billion in creditors. Probably a ton of state charges in New York and possibly federal charges as well if he doesn't do the resign a day early and let Pence pardon him thing.

An American President fleeing to Russia would be the worst counterintelligence disaster in possibly the all of recorded history.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Buzzfeed

But seriously I wouldn't be surprised. He is facing half a billion in creditors. Probably a ton of state charges in New York and possibly federal charges as well if he doesn't do the resign a day early and let Pence pardon him thing.

An American President fleeing to Russia would be the worst counterintelligence disaster in possibly the all of recorded history.

I don't know. I think Trump being president still takes the top spot in that regard because if he flees the country he will at least not be getting updated and new information. Unlike now.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Remember that Trump is the king of projection. You know how he wants so badly to start jailing his political opponants? What do you think he thinks is going to happen if Biden is president?

I don’t think he’s wrong about facing legal consequences. Because he has broken a lot of laws. If nothing else, his hometown thirsts for his blood.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I don't see Trump actually leaving. A million jokes about him not having money don't mean that he's not actually rich, and there's a reason people like him don't worry about the law much.

If you owe the bank $10,000, that’s your problem.

If you owe the bank $1 billion, that’s the bank’s problem.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Buzzfeed

The only consolation is that he's an idiot and probably doesn't remember anything of consequence.

I'm hoping that the American intelligence agencies and Secret Service can prevent this from actually becoming a thing, however.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Buzzfeed

I would hope the Russians would have crisis counsellors on hand for whoever is responsible for debriefing him.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Buzzfeed

He's not smart or curious enough to know anything that he hasn't revealed publicly, hasn't told Putin 'friend to friend', or Russia doesn't know hacking his phone / bugging him.

Can you even imagine him fleeing to Russia and being the poor sad sack GRU interrogator who has to debrief that fucker? Keep his attention long enough for meaningful intelligence but filter out the 'HIllary eating baby' brain worms?

Then somehow translating it to coherent Russian?

I'd rather spend a winter chiseling my balls off a metal Siberian toilet seat.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Buzzfeed

This makes the assumption that Trump has something of value that Putin hasn't already gotten from this Administration

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Buzzfeed

Fortunately he doesn't pay attention to any of the briefings. It'd be like on Arrested Development when the police manage to flip Buster, only to realize that all his information was useless.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    trump is fleeing the country like he's dying from covid

he's not

for one reason above all. no one in russia gives a shit about him. here he has followers that stroke his twisted ego and that's all that matters to him

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    trump is fleeing the country like he's dying from covid

he's not

for one reason above all. no one in russia gives a shit about him. here he has followers that stroke his twisted ego and that's all that matters to him

:(

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I like how CBS is circling the wagons on that shitty attack. Welp that's one network you can never speak to again Joe.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I like how CBS is circling the wagons on that shitty attack. Welp that's one network you can never speak to again Joe.

I have no idea what this is about...context?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod

If you owe a hostile foreign government $1 billion, it becomes your problem again.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2020
    I think the most likely outcome should Trump lose is that he pardons himself and his children, doesn't realize this only applies to federal crimes, and then state AGs go to town on his ass.

Which would actually be pretty convenient. The Biden admin doesn't have to worry about any backlash from prosecuting a former president, we don't have all this shit tied up in federal court systems while Trump tries to claim executive privilege on every last thing, and Trump still potentially faces legal repercussions from decades of being a shitty mob boss.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »

I have no idea what this is about...context?

It was a tweet posted up thread a bit, but Bo Erickson asked Biden about the russian smears and Biden told him its a smear and that's the kind of shit question he asks him.

I asked Joe Biden: What is your response to the NYPost story about your son, sir?

He called it a “smear campaign” and then went after me. “I know you’d ask it. I have no response, it’s another smear campaign, right up your alley, those are the questions you always ask.”

CBS has their reporters all saying asking about a shitty smear is a legit question.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Buzzfeed

The only consolation is that he's an idiot and probably doesn't remember anything of consequence.

I'm hoping that the American intelligence agencies and Secret Service can prevent this from actually becoming a thing, however.

It wouldn't be Russia. That's probably where he owes the money.

Brazil is much easier to hide in and has the bonus of all those German immigrant towns from pre-WW2.

If I were a prosecuting attorney, I'd have my arrest warrant ready on election night so I can show it to the Secret Service and keep him grounded.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • Options
    Buzzfeed

Brazil is much easier to hide in and has the bonus of all those German immigrant towns from pre-WW2.

If I were a prosecuting attorney, I'd have my arrest warrant ready on election night so I can show it to the Secret Service and keep him grounded.

With how he shits on the secret service I don't think you would need to convince them to hold him.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Buzzfeed

With how he shits on the secret service I don't think you would need to convince them to hold him.

Plus like the Secret Service letting a President flee to another country would be an enormous black mark on the agency. Like very nearly "tear it down and start over" territory.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Buzzfeed

Yeah I can't imagine there's much love for Trump from the Secret Service.

Having to deal with him all day, every day, for years on end?

*shudder*

• Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

If you owe a hostile foreign government $1 billion, it becomes your problem again.

yep, the problem with him fleeing the country: he owes someone out there anywhere from $450MM to $1B. He'll have a hard enough time paying that back from here, and there's no way he'll be able to do it while in exile from US law enforcement and we've seized all his buildings.
    Those people are going to want either their money or his ass, and they will have a much easier time getting the latter if he is outside the US.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Even if 100% everything in them was true just..what is supposed to be the problem here? At least with butterymales they had the unauthorized server fig leaf

This is just, you stole and published a bunch of private communication that reveals that Biden is nice to his son?

It's literally all they've got, so they're just hail Mary'ing it out there. This is bullshit that Rudy was publicly fishing for for over a year, so the story about how this theoretically showed up was transparently fake from the beginning, but it's the best they've got.

These are not political masterminds

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Buzzfeed

His tone in there is just joking. "If I lose to Biden I'll be so ashamed I'll have to leave the country."

I can't see him fleeing the country though. I suspect he puts enough trust in his ability to evade the law and consequences like he always has to be so scared he runs right away.

Biden should invite Trump into his cabinet is Chief Jester in the Department of Jestering. Because what a fucking clown.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    madparrot wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »

yep, the problem with him fleeing the country: he owes someone out there anywhere from $450MM to $1B. He'll have a hard enough time paying that back from here, and there's no way he'll be able to do it while in exile from US law enforcement and we've seized all his buildings.
    Those people are going to want either their money or his ass, and they will have a much easier time getting the latter if he is outside the US.

Well, at least if he's anywhere that doesn't extradite to the US.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Drez wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Buzzfeed

Biden should invite Trump into his cabinet is Chief Jester in the Department of Jestering. Because what a fucking clown.

The position currently occupied by Chris Christie?

"Now jingle your ****ing bells, you *** ****."

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Those texts between Biden’s son are so heartbreaking and humanising

These fucking disgusting operatives and right wing nuts somehow acting like this is bad for Biden

They’re fucking monsters

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I hate that Trump is actually funny sometimes.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Buzzfeed

I'm curious where he thinks he can go; most of the world loathes him and none of the countries that don't will be particularly interested in protecting someone who is as broke as him.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Buzzfeed

I'm curious where he thinks he can go; most of the world loathes him and none of the countries that don't will be particularly interested in protecting someone who is as broke as him.

You know how people in Trump's circle watch him constantly turn on his underlings no matter how much they've kissed his ass, yet are still surprised when it happens to them? I imagine Trump feels the same way about Putin.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I hate that Trump is actually funny sometimes.

...When? He's been a humorless, spiteful twat for the last ten years at least.

ztrEPtD.gif
This discussion has been closed.