As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Low Bar: Cleared!

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    It feels weird being excited about the dolphins season now. We're 3-3 and hopefully have a stud qb about to make his first start.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Been hearing rumors that the Hawks are interested in picking up Antonio Brown if and when he gets reinstated.

I’m getting a deja vu feeling like this was already brought up and dismissed but maybe it’s picking up steam because it’s closer to the end of his suspension.

I really hope GM John Schneider doesn’t buy into the idea. I can see Russ and Pete thinking they can keep Brown in line with the power of positive thinking so we really need an adult in the room to say no.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Don’t the Hawks already have stud receivers who catch ~7 TDs a game from MVP Russ

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    the washington washington team would be even more hilarious but then people would think george, so maybe the DC Washington Team.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Goumindong wrote: »
    My favorite thing about it is cheers that would totally have to involve it. “Go Washington Football Team!” Is the kind of cheer you’d expect to hear alongside, “Go Sportsball!” And “Hit a Touchdown!”

Uhhh. Soccer exists you know. “Town football club” is like... traditional naming.

Except the US has for a long time focused on the nickname as the identifier. Probably stemming from multiple teams in one city. Where as the Greater London has over twenty professional teams at various levels and any that might be called London something would be things like London City, London Town, London United, etc.

Also, it's incredibly common for a team name to not actually be the city or town they are located in.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    There's also the ones that use the State as the geographic modifier too.

sig.gif
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    The patriots are neither from some place new nor from England. Shenanigans wherever you look with that program.

• Options
    Pailryder wrote: »
    the washington washington team would be even more hilarious but then people would think george, so maybe the DC Washington Team.

Oh god imagine them trying to make George their mascot and the fights I would love to have telling everyone why George Washington was terrible and lucky and not worth any reverence at all

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    The patriots are neither from some place new nor from England. Shenanigans wherever you look with that program.
    Should cost them a draft pick, I say.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    My favorite thing about it is cheers that would totally have to involve it. “Go Washington Football Team!” Is the kind of cheer you’d expect to hear alongside, “Go Sportsball!” And “Hit a Touchdown!”

Uhhh. Soccer exists you know. “Town football club” is like... traditional naming.

Except the US has for a long time focused on the nickname as the identifier. Probably stemming from multiple teams in one city. Where as the Greater London has over twenty professional teams at various levels and any that might be called London something would be things like London City, London Town, London United, etc.

Also, it's incredibly common for a team name to not actually be the city or town they are located in.

What's funny about this is Chris Berman still calls them the New York Football Giants, because before the baseball team moved to SF, they had both.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Should cost them a draft pick, I say.

suspend Brady for four games

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Saw someone point out that outside division, the NFC East are something like 2-15-1. A historically bad percentage through 7 games (because this week is two divisional games).

And it's just going to get worse through 8. Because Dallas and Philly play NEXT week, Washington have a bye, and the Giants host Tampa. And as much as I fucking hate Brady, I can't see that game not being a loss.

Remaining OoD games.
    Eagles - @CLE, SEA, GB, NO, @ARI.
    Cowboys - PIT, @MIN, @BAL, @CIN, SF
    Giants - TB, @CIN, ARI, CLE, @BAL
    Wash - @DET, CIN, @PIT, @SF, SEA, CAR

I see maybe 2 games they're not underdogs in (Cowboys @MIN, h2SF), maybe another 6 that are at best for the division, coin flips.

Is possible, if not likely, that the division as a whole goes under .200 for the season, excluding division games.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Very excited for the 10-6 nfc west team watching the 5-11 NFC east champ’s playoff game from their homes

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    MorganV wrote: »
    Saw someone point out that outside division, the NFC East are something like 2-15-1. A historically bad percentage through 7 games (because this week is two divisional games).

And it's just going to get worse through 8. Because Dallas and Philly play NEXT week, Washington have a bye, and the Giants host Tampa. And as much as I fucking hate Brady, I can't see that game not being a loss.

Remaining OoD games.
    Eagles - @CLE, SEA, GB, NO, @ARI.
    Cowboys - PIT, @MIN, @BAL, @CIN, SF
    Giants - TB, @CIN, ARI, CLE, @BAL
    Wash - @DET, CIN, @PIT, @SF, SEA, CAR

I see maybe 2 games they're not underdogs in (Cowboys @MIN, h2SF), maybe another 6 that are at best for the division, coin flips.

Is possible, if not likely, that the division as a whole goes under .200 for the season, excluding division games.

There’s another challenge with the NFCEs badness and it’s that they can’t even cover the spread ever

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Very excited for the 10-6 nfc west team watching the 5-11 NFC east champ’s playoff game from their homes

I can live with that.

• Options

This sounds good to me.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Being bad aside, the NFC East had a buzzsaw of a fucking schedule this year.

NFC West, AFC North and for the giants the Bears and the Buccaneers

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    RedTide wrote: »
    Being bad aside, the NFC East had a buzzsaw of a fucking schedule this year.

NFC West, AFC North and for the giants the Bears and the Buccaneers

I mean you’re basically implying/saying (quite correctly, mind) that the NFCE is all clearly worse than the Browns and likely as bad as if not worse than the Bengals.

Don’t even need to pull the Cards in here

Steelers, Hawks, Ravens, Rams, 49ers, Browns, Cardinals, NFC East champs, Bengals, NFC East runners up, a penis injury in one of those ax throwing things, NFC East 2nd to last finishers, AFC East last place team, Star Wars Christmas special, NFC East last place team

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    In that vein, you can watch New York and Philadelphia shitshow tonight. Or the presidential debate shitshow.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Did they seriously try and talk up a coach who is 1 and 5 because they got their first win? Like holy shit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Did they seriously try and talk up a coach who is 1 and 5 because they got their first win? Like holy shit.

Who? What?

Wait

Pre-game about Joe Judge or whatever the fuck his name is

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    My dad is a Dallas fan and he tried to talk shit about green bay. I gently reminded him that the top 3 teams in the NFC east have to combine wins to get up to the same amount.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Let's be fair...they had The Beav first!

Wait...I'll come in again...

• Options

Who? What?

Wait

Yeah it was a pre game sizzle reel about how he's got this team firing and ready to go. At 1 and fucking 5.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Who? What?

Wait

Yeah it was a pre game sizzle reel about how he's got this team firing and ready to go. At 1 and fucking 5.

Get hype! TNF!

• Options

How many teams do you think are gonna get 10+ wins?

• Options
    Tox wrote: »

3 non champs, with one losing tiebreaker, wouldn't be the craziest number in the world. 10-6 has missed the playoffs before.

Steam
  • Options
    The real winner of tonights game is the cowboys

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

3 non champs, with one losing tiebreaker, wouldn't be the craziest number in the world. 10-6 has missed the playoffs before.

But there's three wildcards this year, so they would all get in.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    "Wide open space in front of you and you trip after running for a good 10 seconds anyway" is a new level of bad-at-football.

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    "Wide open space in front of you and you trip after running for a good 10 seconds anyway" is a new level of bad-at-football.

Its the perfect example of this game. All he had to do was score is just run forward and he failed.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Oh my god, I wasn’t watching but I just saw this on Twitter. Truly this is the first highlight that can start to be mentioned in the same breath as the butt fumble

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Its the perfect example of this game. All he had to do was score is just run forward and he failed.
    The NFC East is really earning its reputation here.

• Options

But there's three wildcards this year, so they would all get in.

oh snap. wasn't aware

Steam
  • Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Oh my god, I wasn’t watching but I just saw this on Twitter. Truly this is the first highlight that can start to be mentioned in the same breath as the butt fumble

Whaaaaaaat

This fucking division!

Did the Giants get a TD in this drive???

• Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »

Whaaaaaaat

This fucking division!

Did the Giants get a TD in this drive???

they did

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    God if you like terrible football watch the MAC like the rest of us.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It’s like he doesn’t even really trip, he just gets his center of gravity too far forward and his feet can’t keep up

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    It sucks that the Eagles didn't get that 2pt conversion because neither of these teams deserve to win.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    It’s like he doesn’t even really trip, he just gets his center of gravity too far forward and his feet can’t keep up

Classic pee-wee football move right there. Or he has his own RB on his fantasy team.