Instant Pot vs Crock-Pot [chat]

12357101

Posts

  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    Delivery
    i wish nintendo switch gave me achievements

    also that they were awarded in mario's voice

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    HonkIncenjucarElkiFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud
  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    Chanus wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    1) I only watched Dexter for Doakes.

    2) Chanus if it's a work only laptop 8gb might last but I wouldn't want to go less than 16 if you want to be using it for anything else because RAM is something all the OSes are consuming much more than they should nowadays.

    it's for music making basically

    i wouldn't use it for much else but also i just don't know what kind of resources music making uses these days

    Making music = recording only or real-time synth stuff

  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    Can’t add more RAM or

    Won’t desolder and solder on new RAM modules on a brand new thousand dollar machine thus breaking warranty

    Our ancestors took a risk killing that sabertooth in hand to hand combat we are not cowards

    PSN: Honkalot
    jungleroomxChanusHappylilElf
  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    They joke, but some car companies are already floating ideas like "subscription fee for heated seats".


    Infiniti wanted $33 a month for me to be able to start my car with my cell phone.

    HAH

    They should look into loot boxes with the dash screen ... 🤔

    EddyjungleroomxcB557IncenjucarNova_CHappylilElfspool32
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    Delivery
    desc wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    1) I only watched Dexter for Doakes.

    2) Chanus if it's a work only laptop 8gb might last but I wouldn't want to go less than 16 if you want to be using it for anything else because RAM is something all the OSes are consuming much more than they should nowadays.

    it's for music making basically

    i wouldn't use it for much else but also i just don't know what kind of resources music making uses these days

    Making music = recording only or real-time synth stuff

    both ideally

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    Delivery
    i do all my own stunts but also sometimes i like to just untz untz and twist knobs and make bleeps and bloops

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    Honk
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Delivery
    i wish nintendo switch gave me achievements

    much like life

    Chanus
  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    Chanus wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    1) I only watched Dexter for Doakes.

    2) Chanus if it's a work only laptop 8gb might last but I wouldn't want to go less than 16 if you want to be using it for anything else because RAM is something all the OSes are consuming much more than they should nowadays.

    it's for music making basically

    i wouldn't use it for much else but also i just don't know what kind of resources music making uses these days

    Making music = recording only or real-time synth stuff

    both ideally

    I feel like i7 is good for Synth grunt

    RAM I feel like is only an issue with like a Kontakt sample libraries sucking up a gig or so at a time

    ChanusMsAnthropy
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I just watched Terminator Dark Fate and deem it better than the last one.

    EchoSeal
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    well i cracked

    but at least i didn't buy the $2200 one

    I decided I needed the Magic Keyboard Folio for my iPad myself.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    SixChanus
  • SixSix Ask me about my butthole Registered User regular
    Instant Pot
    Damn you guys are making me feel bad for not getting a new watch OR probably not getting a new phone

    steamcommunity.com/id/thenumbersix/
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1335-2661-4136
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar Not a Fictional Character Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 14
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    Chanus wrote: »
    well i cracked

    but at least i didn't buy the $2200 one

    A friend of mine recently won a raffle for a laptop.

    They're so uninterested in computers they don't even have internet.

    Incenjucar on
    DoodmannBrodyChanus
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    well i cracked

    but at least i didn't buy the $2200 one

    A friend of mine recently won a raffle for a laptop.

    They're so uninterested in computers they don't even have internet.

    What

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    IncenjucarOrcajungleroomx
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    My beard has gotten amazingly pointy.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    SixChanusBlameless Cleric
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Delivery
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    well i cracked

    but at least i didn't buy the $2200 one

    A friend of mine recently won a raffle for a laptop.

    They're so uninterested in computers they don't even have internet.

    Secretly switch it out for a brick, see if they notice.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
    Orca
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    I also want a laptop but I hadn’t considered winning one, I’ll give that a go.

    PSN: Honkalot
    ChanusBrodyEcho
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Delivery
    Six wrote: »
    Damn you guys are making me feel bad for not getting a new watch OR probably not getting a new phone

    I'll probably have to get a new phone before long, this 3T can't last forever, probably.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    Delivery
    desc wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    1) I only watched Dexter for Doakes.

    2) Chanus if it's a work only laptop 8gb might last but I wouldn't want to go less than 16 if you want to be using it for anything else because RAM is something all the OSes are consuming much more than they should nowadays.

    it's for music making basically

    i wouldn't use it for much else but also i just don't know what kind of resources music making uses these days

    Making music = recording only or real-time synth stuff

    both ideally

    I feel like i7 is good for Synth grunt

    RAM I feel like is only an issue with like a Kontakt sample libraries sucking up a gig or so at a time

    yeah the i7 was $2200 though so i decided to just go i5 for $1200

    i dunno that i'll get so crazy with plugins that it will become an issue. i don't even really know how to use ableton beyond basic stuff still haha

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    Six
  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    edited October 14
    Instant Pot
    Leftover steak I generally don't attempt to reheat because you nearly always make it worse and it turns out cold steak is actually quite delicious.

    Leftover ground beef is a real challenge. The best uses I have found involve making chilli, making a meaty tomato sauce, or chopping it up and mixing with taco seasoning. Eating it cold works too, but reheating without a liquid around it is doomed to failure.

    I dunno what it is, but my leftover steak often turns out quite good, though different, than when it was just made.

    though actually, it just microwave it enough to get the outside a bit hotter, but the rest of it is a bit cold. so cold steak, not bad

    Kamiro on
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    Delivery
    Honk wrote: »
    I also want a laptop but I hadn’t considered winning one, I’ll give that a go.

    it's a pretty good plan tbh

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    AegisHonkHappylilElfBrody
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    1) I only watched Dexter for Doakes.

    2) Chanus if it's a work only laptop 8gb might last but I wouldn't want to go less than 16 if you want to be using it for anything else because RAM is something all the OSes are consuming much more than they should nowadays.

    it's for music making basically

    i wouldn't use it for much else but also i just don't know what kind of resources music making uses these days

    Making music = recording only or real-time synth stuff

    both ideally

    I feel like i7 is good for Synth grunt

    RAM I feel like is only an issue with like a Kontakt sample libraries sucking up a gig or so at a time

    yeah the i7 was $2200 though so i decided to just go i5 for $1200

    i dunno that i'll get so crazy with plugins that it will become an issue. i don't even really know how to use ableton beyond basic stuff still haha

    For gaming performance, generally there's very little to gain from the i7 over the i5.

  • SixSix Ask me about my butthole Registered User regular
    Instant Pot
    Brody wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    Damn you guys are making me feel bad for not getting a new watch OR probably not getting a new phone

    I'll probably have to get a new phone before long, this 3T can't last forever, probably.

    I'm on a 7 Plus and I just assumed as soon as new phones were announced I'd be all over them, but I was kind of, well not UNDERwhelmed, maybe just whelmed by the new phones. Love the form factor but my phone works fine. iOS 14 runs fine. I'm not traveling so I can't even justify it as "this is my primary compute device and it's cool to have something crazy expensive"

    It's dumb but if it had USB-C I'd be all over it.

    steamcommunity.com/id/thenumbersix/
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1335-2661-4136
  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Instant Pot
    Chanus wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    1) I only watched Dexter for Doakes.

    2) Chanus if it's a work only laptop 8gb might last but I wouldn't want to go less than 16 if you want to be using it for anything else because RAM is something all the OSes are consuming much more than they should nowadays.

    it's for music making basically

    i wouldn't use it for much else but also i just don't know what kind of resources music making uses these days

    whatever happened to using the hands that god gave you?

  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    Delivery
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    1) I only watched Dexter for Doakes.

    2) Chanus if it's a work only laptop 8gb might last but I wouldn't want to go less than 16 if you want to be using it for anything else because RAM is something all the OSes are consuming much more than they should nowadays.

    it's for music making basically

    i wouldn't use it for much else but also i just don't know what kind of resources music making uses these days

    whatever happened to using the hands that god gave you?

    how do you think i twist the knobs

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    Brody
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar Not a Fictional Character Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    Aegis wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    well i cracked

    but at least i didn't buy the $2200 one

    A friend of mine recently won a raffle for a laptop.

    They're so uninterested in computers they don't even have internet.

    What

    They are very cool people who do lots of fun adventures, but they don't really do digital entertainment at their own home. Not even a TV in the house. I've made sure to text them every week to make sure they're not slipping through the cracks with those whole social distancing thing.

  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    Might actually be time to sell this iPad and get a new one. I had wanted a pro mainly for the form factor - the end-to-end screen. But I see now that the current air model has that too for half the price.

    I see that the pro has higher screen res and probably that 120hz thing is what they mean with promotion.

    I don’t care jack shit about the cameras I’ll never use.

    It’s hard to compare the processors since it’s just a random name devoid of stats.

    If cameras literally might not even exist does the pro have much advantage?

    PSN: Honkalot
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    edited October 14
    Delivery
    i had seen the tweets but hadn't considered the brockmire angle which adds to them i think haha

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Leftover steak I generally don't attempt to reheat because you nearly always make it worse and it turns out cold steak is actually quite delicious.

    Leftover ground beef is a real challenge. The best uses I have found involve making chilli, making a meaty tomato sauce, or chopping it up and mixing with taco seasoning. Eating it cold works too, but reheating without a liquid around it is doomed to failure.

    I dunno what it is, but my leftover steak often turns out quite good, though different, than when it was just made.

    though actually, it just microwave it enough to get the outside a bit hotter, but the rest of it is a bit cold. so cold steak, not bad

    leftover steak is for making quesadillas

  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 14
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    leftover chicken too but what kind of sociopath doesn't eat the entire chicken breast

    HappylilElf on
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Leftovers are great because when the late night scavenger in me awakens I can pretend I'm eating somewhat healthy rather than stuffing my face with random fridge/pantry findings.

    HappylilElf
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    Leftover chicken sashimi

    PSN: Honkalot
  • SixSix Ask me about my butthole Registered User regular
    Instant Pot
    Honk wrote: »
    Might actually be time to sell this iPad and get a new one. I had wanted a pro mainly for the form factor - the end-to-end screen. But I see now that the current air model has that too for half the price.

    I see that the pro has higher screen res and probably that 120hz thing is what they mean with promotion.

    I don’t care jack shit about the cameras I’ll never use.

    It’s hard to compare the processors since it’s just a random name devoid of stats.

    If cameras literally might not even exist does the pro have much advantage?

    The 120hz screen is absolutely gorgeous. It's fast as fuck but I haven't used the air.

    steamcommunity.com/id/thenumbersix/
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1335-2661-4136
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx Panem, circenses, credulous descent. A Gadarene charge into endarkenment Registered User regular
    Delivery
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    1) I only watched Dexter for Doakes.

    2) Chanus if it's a work only laptop 8gb might last but I wouldn't want to go less than 16 if you want to be using it for anything else because RAM is something all the OSes are consuming much more than they should nowadays.

    it's for music making basically

    i wouldn't use it for much else but also i just don't know what kind of resources music making uses these days

    Making music = recording only or real-time synth stuff

    both ideally

    I feel like i7 is good for Synth grunt

    RAM I feel like is only an issue with like a Kontakt sample libraries sucking up a gig or so at a time

    yeah the i7 was $2200 though so i decided to just go i5 for $1200

    i dunno that i'll get so crazy with plugins that it will become an issue. i don't even really know how to use ableton beyond basic stuff still haha

    For gaming performance, generally there's very little to gain from the i7 over the i5.

    It's a mac so that won't be an issue

    Make. Time.
    SixBrody
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Delivery
    Honk wrote: »
    Leftover chicken sashimis

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Leftover chicken sushis and sashimis

    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Brody
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    So, speaking of:

    A co-worker of mine has been gaining weight over the past year or so and he's typically one of the fitter people around, so he's unhappy about that. We've been working some crossover weekend shifts, so have been chatting about weight loss and he asked if I'd be interested in a wager: Whoever loses more weight by Jan 31st gets $300 from the other.

    I went for it.

    So I'm going to make a serious effort. I already know I can't keep a proper breakfast scheduled, I've tried too many times and failed, but I figure a bagel and a coffee isn't going to kill me.

    It's my overeating in the evening that's doing it.

    So I'm working at having some protein variety - chicken, pork, and beef in the form of strip steaks, each night, with some boiled mixed veggies in hot sauce, as my staple. This is a meal I actually already eat regularly, just need to get rid of the snacking around it, and the odd pizza/fried chicken meals.

    And starting today, I'm walking to work again, and for the first time ever, I'll be taking the stairs at work instead of the elevator. I'm on the 10th floor. I usually have to stop on the 4th, 6th and 8th floors for a couple minutes. Want to get to where I can do all 10 without stopping or having a heart attack.

    And anytime I want to quit, I just have to ask myself if I want to pay this guy $300 in addition to still being fat.

    SixBrodycB557KamiroBlameless Clericmatt has a problemAegisGiantGeek2020brynhrtmn
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    Six wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Might actually be time to sell this iPad and get a new one. I had wanted a pro mainly for the form factor - the end-to-end screen. But I see now that the current air model has that too for half the price.

    I see that the pro has higher screen res and probably that 120hz thing is what they mean with promotion.

    I don’t care jack shit about the cameras I’ll never use.

    It’s hard to compare the processors since it’s just a random name devoid of stats.

    If cameras literally might not even exist does the pro have much advantage?

    The 120hz screen is absolutely gorgeous. It's fast as fuck but I haven't used the air.

    I’ve seen it in the store and it really is something but it’s a hike in price difference.

    Hmm

    PSN: Honkalot
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The Secret Fire of Prometheus
    He ponders, using his fully functional iPad for the first time in a month

    PSN: Honkalot
    Chanus
  • SixSix Ask me about my butthole Registered User regular
    Instant Pot
    Honk wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Might actually be time to sell this iPad and get a new one. I had wanted a pro mainly for the form factor - the end-to-end screen. But I see now that the current air model has that too for half the price.

    I see that the pro has higher screen res and probably that 120hz thing is what they mean with promotion.

    I don’t care jack shit about the cameras I’ll never use.

    It’s hard to compare the processors since it’s just a random name devoid of stats.

    If cameras literally might not even exist does the pro have much advantage?

    The 120hz screen is absolutely gorgeous. It's fast as fuck but I haven't used the air.

    I’ve seen it in the store and it really is something but it’s a hike in price difference.

    Hmm

    I think it might be a thing where it makes sense if you’re going to be creating on it. If you’re going to use it for email and browsing mostly, stick with the air.

    steamcommunity.com/id/thenumbersix/
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1335-2661-4136
    Honk
This discussion has been closed.