As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Per Aspera, Nine Witches, Haven, Phogs, Morbid & El Hijo out today!

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    You just gotta get creative with how you list your titles:

Brolo: 4-Star, General, of Canada

(3.6 star rating on yelp for my webcam shows [rounded up]
    General Maintenance Staff
    Canadian)

Andrew: Head of Product at Company

I have a head, work at company and have been in a meeting about product

Or your head is literally part of the product?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Pumpkin Jack is a Spooky Scary 3D platformer in which you embody Jack, the Mythical Pumpkin Lord! Dive into an Epic Adventure through otherworldly landscapes and help the Evil annihilate the Good!
    20201023 Pumpkin Jack "
    (Adventure, Action, 3D Platformer)

Sink Again is a humorous pirate theme game of mixed genre: turn base tactics, dungeon crawler, battle ships.Hire crew, appoint a captain and start an adventure in a generated world. Dungeon crawling, treasure hunt, sea battle and more.Only smartest can build a perfect crew.
    20201023 Sink Again EA (turn-based, rpg, tactics, pirates, adventure,ships, exploration)

not sure if Sink Again is actually out yet (no purchase link), although the devs seem to think it is:
    https://www.facebook.com/SinkAgain

• Options
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    So there were no black people in the 1960's?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

it would break the aesthetic because if you try to look at a black person from the 60s everything mysteriously turns grayscale

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I tried the Pumpkin Jack demo during the whole demo weekend thing and... it was not a great demo.

Felt kind of like an off-brand early 2000's 3D platformer, which I feel like has been done way better recently. Heck RPS recommended Demon Turf from that same demo weekend.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

In a small American town? Unless the game takes place in the South, probably not.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    i'm not going to get too salty about a lack of diversity in a 12 second clip from an unfinished game that shows 8 characters total

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    i'm not going to get too salty about a lack of diversity in a 12 second clip from an unfinished game that shows 8 characters total

I agree to a certain extent, but how difficult is it to make at least ONE of those have a non-white complexion?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

I agree to a certain extent, but how difficult is it to make at least ONE of those have a non-white complexion?

but they'd have to program a bunch of different animations, it's too much work

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

but they'd have to program a bunch of different animations, it's too much work

I know you're referencing the dumb excuses made by people who worked on video games, but honestly it's more upsetting the more I think about it. It's pixel art! You can use the paint bucket tool and you're done!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Characters with boobs are hard to animate because every action requires 20,000 accompanying titty jiggle animations guys, have some SYMPATHY

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    The ending/secret stuff in AC2 is like top 5 video game endings. I loved it.

• Options
  • Options
    The original Monster Prom is a multiplayer dating sim that shines for its beautiful art and unapologetic humor.

The sequel brings you into a new setup (summer camp) with new characters to romance, including old faces and new ones: Damien, Calculester, Milo, Dahlia, Joy and Aaravi. But that's not all, Monster Camp comes with twists here and there: from the campfire mechanics to a new stage full of magic mixed drinks.

We're repeating the best from the popular "Monster Prom" formula, but adding some new spices to it. You will see ;)

20201023 Monster Prom 2 (multiplayer, social,party,funny,monsters, dating sim)

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

In a small American town? Unless the game takes place in the South, probably not.

There were only white people and Hispanic people living in this town until about 10 years ago, and it was like 98% white then. Now it's only like, 94%, but the town still has less than 3000 people total

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Uv5i8iA.png
    Free Games with Prime:

Stick it to the Man!
    Deadlight: Director's Cut
    The Occupation
    KONA

https://gaming.amazon.com/?ingress=twch

• Options
    Nf6rec2.png

FREE NOW:
    Costume Quest 2
    Layers of Fear 2

NEXT WEEK:
    Blair Witch
    Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    It always felt to me like they were afraid of resolving Desmond's story because that would be "the end"

But they did resolve Desmond's story, in AC3? And then all the games up to Origins were kind of spinning their wheels in the modern age setting.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Is Layers of Fear 2 better or worse than the first one? I really feel like it could go either way.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Ive found Layers of Fear to have a wildly diverse reaction amongst players I've seen people say it's fine that it's great that it's bad that it's dismally terrible

• Options
    edited October 2020
    If Layers of Fear was perfectly serviceable, but did nothing unique or memorable. If it had been a horror movie it'd have gotten 2 stars/a C+ and it would have a small cult following for the paintings or whatever but would mostly be forgotten in a few years.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I think the story and gameplay (such as it is) is absolutely whatever, but it does some very good visual tricks with the first person perspective

Turning around in a room and having things change behind your back is something that can be handled uniquely well by horror video games, in a way that wouldn't work as strongly with movies or books

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's just difficult enough to code still that it tickles you right

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    That seems like satire but how tell anymore.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    It always felt to me like they were afraid of resolving Desmond's story because that would be "the end"

But they did resolve Desmond's story, in AC3? And then all the games up to Origins were kind of spinning their wheels in the modern age setting.

Exploding him ended his story, but it didn't resolve it

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Yeah, misogynists usually dont call themselves misogynists. If you're that far down the rabbit hole that your self identify as one, you'r not going to leave a positive review.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

Yeah, misogynists usually dont call themselves misogynists. If you're that far down the rabbit hole that your self identify as one, you'r not going to leave a positive review.

I've actually met a person who identified as a misogynist but seemed relatively normal otherwise, so you never know.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I think the story and gameplay (such as it is) is absolutely whatever, but it does some very good visual tricks with the first person perspective

Turning around in a room and having things change behind your back is something that can be handled uniquely well by horror video games, in a way that wouldn't work as strongly with movies or books

yeah, the big draw of it is that it does some incredibly impressive environmental stuff and looked absolutely incredible when it came out

layers of fear 2 is 'fine'

it like 1 except it doesn't have the benefit of all its wild tricks being new and fresh, but it's not bad

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Reverse build request for next Planet Coaster build, I need an area in someone's park that can completely encase a large structure either underground or inside a mountain. (Stupid walls don't prevent light lol)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Exploding him ended his story, but it didn't resolve it

What didn't they resolve? Honest question.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Uv5i8iA.png
    Free Games with Prime:

Stick it to the Man!
    The Occupation
    KONA

I haven't bothered so much with the free prime things, so I have a few questions:

Is that still a connect with a twitch based thing, or is it separate?
    I only have prime as a family thing with my MIL, does it even apply to me?
    and, do you retain access to those free games if you drop prime for any reason?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Can I just reiterate how angry I am that I spent my entire twenties deciding between purchasing a deep-discount Steam sale video game and having meat in my diet that week, and now that I'm comfortably employed at a professional wage everyone is tripping over themselves to give me free video games? Fuck off, I don't have time for you at this point.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Can I just reiterate how angry I am that I spent my entire twenties deciding between purchasing a deep-discount Steam sale video game and having meat in my diet that week, and now that I'm comfortably employed at a professional wage everyone is tripping over themselves to give me free video games? Fuck off, I don't have time for you at this point.

I was so close to picking up The Occupation last month as part of the Humble bundle, but convinced myself I don't need to with all the other stuff I'm trying to finish up. And now I own it anyway!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Uv5i8iA.png
    Free Games with Prime:

Stick it to the Man!
    The Occupation
    KONA

I haven't bothered so much with the free prime things, so I have a few questions:

Is that still a connect with a twitch based thing, or is it separate?
    I only have prime as a family thing with my MIL, does it even apply to me?
    and, do you retain access to those free games if you drop prime for any reason?

1. connect an amazon prime account to your twitch account, doesn't have to be in your name or anything, I have my mother's Amazon on my Twitch since she has prime
    2. Yes, the games are yours forever as long as you claim them

• Options
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I got to one of the "quantum" puzzles in Outer Wilds
    I was sitting there for a minute or so going 'wtf they've made this impossible' and then I accidentally brought up my probe thing and went, 'wait a minute.... this is a camera' and my face lit up like a child on christmas day

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hey are we all still looking forward to November's biggest hottest new game release?

That's right Fuser from harmonix!

This discussion has been closed.