As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Per Aspera, Nine Witches, Haven, Phogs, Morbid & El Hijo out today!

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    so the devs of caves of qud have been dealing with an influx of goobergate types flooding their discord and reddit

apparently one of the bigger 4channer youtubers did a video review of the game, and while the review was positive, it still brought the attention of a lot of toxic folks who mostly just want to know why the story's evil fascist faction aren't playable, come on guys, they're just asking, come on

anyway I bring this up because they've done a great job of dealing with the situation and made a twitter thread talking about how

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Love to see it. They're right in that those CHUDs are not unstoppable, it's just that many communities are not willing to take the steps necessary to stop them. Step 1 is stop letting them pretend that they're acting in good faith, everything from that follows pretty naturally.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    nothing will ever make me happier than the time 8chan tried to brigade D&D in the wake of gamergate blowing up and we found the thread they were coordinating the attack from and some guy was like "that place used to be cool until they started modding cucks like Elki and Jacobkosh"

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Love to see it. They're right in that those CHUDs are not unstoppable, it's just that many communities are not willing to take the steps necessary to stop them. Step 1 is stop letting them pretend that they're acting in good faith, everything from that follows pretty naturally.

"It's called Caves of Qud not Caves of CHUD"

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    nothing will ever make me happier than the time 8chan tried to brigade D&D in the wake of gamergate blowing up and we found the thread they were coordinating the attack from and some guy was like "that place used to be cool until they started modding cucks like Elki and Jacobkosh"

Now THAT'S street cred!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

keeping chuds out isn't specifically the hard part

it's dealing with the pissbaby harassment campaigns that is dangerous

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Uriel wrote: »
    Hey are we all still looking forward to November's biggest hottest new game release?

That's right Fuser from harmonix!

Unironically very much so. I fucking loved DropMix, and I'm glad to see them carrying the ideas and tech from it forward despite the game flopping.
    Even if Fuser isn't a super good game, it looks like an awesome music creation tool/toy, look at all the stuff they added for their freestyle mode like creating sample loops and queueing up multiple tracks
    https://youtu.be/UzlyVRrGOKc

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Gondul on give me god of war+ is an absolute monster. She has a fun new pattern where she does the dive that lands on your chest and stomps on your neck like 5 times in a row.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    so the devs of caves of qud have been dealing with an influx of goobergate types flooding their discord and reddit

apparently one of the bigger 4channer youtubers did a video review of the game, and while the review was positive, it still brought the attention of a lot of toxic folks who mostly just want to know why the story's evil fascist faction aren't playable, come on guys, they're just asking, come on

anyway I bring this up because they've done a great job of dealing with the situation and made a twitter thread talking about how

It's Caves of Qud not Caves of Chud

Oh fuck I was beaten by years I just had the thread sitting here and hadn't refreshed oh God oh man oh jeez

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »

It's Caves of Qud not Caves of Chud

Oh fuck I was beaten by years I just had the thread sitting here and hadn't refreshed oh God oh man oh jeez

rqf2pjixfgyl.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular

Related:

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so I got my new computer

turns out that a 3080 is a REAL FUCKING FAST CARD

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    so I got my new computer

But is it also REAL FUCKING NOISY?

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    so I got my new computer

But is it also REAL FUCKING NOISY?

...yeah but at least it’s running cool

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Hey are we all still looking forward to November's biggest hottest new game release?

Unironically very much so. I fucking loved DropMix, and I'm glad to see them carrying the ideas and tech from it forward despite the game flopping.
    Even if Fuser isn't a super good game, it looks like an awesome music creation tool/toy, look at all the stuff they added for their freestyle mode like creating sample loops and queueing up multiple tracks

Yeah I kinda really want to get my hands on it and mess around. Even though I probably won't know most of the music on it.

• Options
    My 2080ti is basically silent. I love it.

• Options
    I'm still using a 970ti like some kinda pleb

• Options
    I'd still be using my 1080ti if it hadn't decided to start sounding like a vacuum cleaner 24/7 after a random driver upgrade.

• Options
    I still have a sandy bridge i5 and ddr3 ram

I can't even call myself a peecee gamer

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Is a 3080 famously loud? That would be an issue for me.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man you all are making me want a new video card, I just got this one and it runs shit fine!!!

... Also I played the PC version of Polytopia and that is a solid version of the game

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I0ht0s4.png
    it's actually pretty good on noise

Acoustic Levels at 40cm:

Jet takeoff (200 feet) 120 dBA
    Construction Site 110 dBA Intolerable
    Shout (5 feet) 100 dBA
    Heavy truck (50 feet) 90 dBA Very noisy
    Urban street 80 dBA
    Automobile interior 70 dBA Noisy
    Normal conversation (3 feet) 60 dBA
    Office, classroom 50 dBA Moderate
    Living room 40 dBA
    Bedroom at night 30 dBA Quiet
    Broadcast studio 20 dBA
    Rustling leaves 10 dBA Barely audible

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-rtx-3080-founder-review,10.html

Brolo on
  • Options
    I also upgraded my card because Total Warhammer 2 was gettin real choppy in battles, at times. More than one reinforcing army almost certainly meant my frames were going to crater hard the second effects happened on the screenspace.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    3080 noise is going to depend a lot on specific manufacturer and their fan config, also.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    3080 noise is going to depend a lot on specific manufacturer and their fan config, also.

Yea like I have a Radeon 5700 and it is WAY quieter than 45db, but I have a 3rd party card with a nice cooling solution on it.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Yeah I kinda really want to get my hands on it and mess around. Even though I probably won't know most of the music on it.

I mean, Dropmix showed me that even if I'm not a huge fan of a song in toto, I can enjoy mixing parts of it with other songs.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I just bought Phasmophobia 'cause it seems cool. Does anyone want to play tonight or tomorrow night? @Magic Pink

• Options
  • Options
    That's cute but also we are all monsters for reaping and gutting millions of pumpkins every year and using their hollowed out corpses as fanciful decorations for a holliday chiefly concerning the dissemination of sugar to children in small disguises.

• Options
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRzvh8K9zEA

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1024890/Sectors_Edge/
    Sector's Edge is a free-to-play voxel-based FPS, with totally destructible environments. It's coming to Steam Early Access on the 30th, launching with 6 maps and 3 modes plus the ability to create and test player-made levels.
    Also one of the Developer teams is named Rocket Skeleton, come on what's not to like

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

I do too and it seems fine.

If I wait a year and a half before upgrading I'll have had the same mobo and cpu for 10 years.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

I do too and it seems fine.

If I wait a year and a half before upgrading I'll have had the same mobo and cpu for 10 years.

Same. Still rocking a i5 2500k. It has held up remarkably well

Maybe Cyberpunk will be the thing that finally makes it buckle (if I even get Cyberpunk, definitely waiting on public reception at this point)

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Just finished my first Battletech career. Pretty good times, the flashpoints are a great addition to the game. My only regret:
    u04zyqaew9f6.png

I was so close to catching 'em all.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Wait, you collected (almost) every variant, too? Holy shit hahahaha

• Options
    At one point I blew my entire savings on an intact Atlas II and dumped it directly into storage because I already had two Bull Sharks.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    The Griffin-2N is an absolute monster of a mech. W/ changes to the game since launch, the engine sinks 60 heat per turn instead of just 30, so you literally cannot overheat it in the mission where you get to run one (in an arctic biome). Max jump, full alpha every turn? No problem!

Unfortunately, you don't get to keep that one. And the only way to pick one up is to find one (or three pieces) in the black market. Same with the Zeus-5T. You won't face one that you can salvage.

The Flea-4 is out there in the wild, somewhere, so that's bad luck. It's hard hunting specific light mech variants in the late game because you have to troll around 1/2 to 1 skull planets hoping to get lucky.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

RB4 DLC is the only way I keep up on new music nowadays.

Edit: convenient timing on this... official playlist. I think it’s a safe guess you’ll know a bunch of these.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
This discussion has been closed.