As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Game Pass...passes...onto the new thread.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It says more about the person who comes to that conclusion at Penny Arcade in the Xbox thread where people have been talking about a recently released video game.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    It's a minor thing.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It doesn't make sense as an abbreviation, it's not two sperate words. C2077 or C77 makes more sense to me personally.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Well, I look forward to returning to CP when I have the time.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Well, I look forward to returning to CP when I have the time.

https://youtu.be/mgtpD5RflmY

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    It's a common phrase from the 4chan days that people use still because it's less gross to type than the whole thing

It's not just 4chan. It's commonly used on any social platform when it becomes necessary to bring up the topic. A person being arrested for possession for example. As Jay said, that's not a competent acronym for the game you mean, anyway. At the very least, consider CyP or CPunk.

• Options
    Where do you think you are?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I feel like the context that Santa is using the absurdly common 2 letter acronym CP in makes it clear that he is not talking about highly something both illegal and kinda disgusting to arbitrarily bring up in a conversation where it's very far removed from.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I never like, actually end up thinking someone is talking about the other thing when they're talking about Cyberpunk, but it makes me do a double take every single time.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    It's a minor thing.

Let's not kid ourselves.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    edit: I can do better.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Rebel Galaxy Outlaw got released on the Xbox One, but it's not included as a sale item. I am... both happy and disappointed. :\

edit: more so because it won't count for a rewards point punch if I buy it now.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Is Watch Dogs fixed and playable now on Xbox?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

No its still an ubisoft game.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhs97X4R_Bw

Game Pass says "thank you"--watch for the split-second feature of Sarge and Elite, OTP.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    With all the backwards compatibility stuff on One, I'm wondering if there's any downloaded games I'd lose access to if I sold my 360. Is there any easy way to check what I own without having to dig it up and plug it back in?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    With all the backwards compatibility stuff on One, I'm wondering if there's any downloaded games I'd lose access to if I sold my 360. Is there any easy way to check what I own without having to dig it up and plug it back in?

Go to games and apps and go to the all owned games area? Or maybe logging into your ns account cab show you everything you own

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Mulletude wrote: »

Go to games and apps and go to the all owned games area? Or maybe logging into your ns account cab show you everything you own

Would the games that aren't BC show up on my One, though?

• Options

No. Any games not playable on the X1 would be 'lost'.

• Options

No. Any games not playable on the X1 would be 'lost'.

Bleh. Guess I'm hooking the 360 back up, then.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I hope Microsoft restarts their BC program, now that Series X is out. I've got a ton of non-BC 360 games still.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    My impression from the stuff I've heard and read is that there are a lot of games that are almost impossible to license for BC, either because of licensed content in the game or the company that made the game vanishing into the ether.

That being said, re-master and release Def Jam Vendetta: Fight for NY you cowards.

• Options
    Definitely no licensing issues there.

• Options

Yes, the save issue with Watch Dogs Legions is fixed and working on Xbox, and I think it is one of the more enjoyable games that I've played this year.

Too bad it launched in such a broken state.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I want Max Payne 3 on backwards compat!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/12/22/new-games-with-gold-for-january-2021/

Little Nightmares
    Dead Rising
    King of Fighters XIII
    Breakdown!

I wouldn’t mind loading up Breakdown again.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I wish they would make BG: Dark Alliance, BG: DA2, and Fallout: BOS backwards compatible. And also available on the Xbox Series X store.

• Options

Fun fact: During testing, the game was intended as a simultaneous release in Japan and the US. This meant that the game that would be shipped would actually be both versions. If you switched your Xbox to Japanese language you'd get that version of the game. And it would actually be easier on all difficulties, too. The Japanese version on hard was easier than the English version on hard.

But...

The plans for a simultaneous release were cancelled. I believe it was because they wanted to add more guns into the game (the sub-machine gun and rocket launcher, specifically) to appeal more to the western markets since it was felt that it would be difficult to market a first person fighting game. So the Japanese version was not in the final US release.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/12/22/new-games-with-gold-for-january-2021/

Little Nightmares
    Dead Rising
    King of Fighters XIII
    Breakdown!

Everyone with any interest at all in "classic" 2D fighters should give KOF XIII a try. It's a phenomenal and very accessible game (and aesthetically superior to its replacement), and good for local co-op in particular.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    The Japanese version on hard was easier than the English version on hard.

That's interesting, since it's usually the other way around.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I cannot believe they still haven’t fixed the invisibility glitch on the matriarch boss fight in gears 5. It’s been there since launch Jesus Christ

Also it remains a terrible boss fight, I loathe instant death especially on difficult to read animations with no clear zone of how far away you have to be. Sometimes I swear to god the damn thing just teleports on you

Also the upgrade Jack achievement is a nightmare, almost all guides I use seem to miss some components that I find from their lists

Prohass on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I cannot believe they still haven’t fixed the invisibility glitch on the matriarch boss fight in gears 5. It’s been there since launch Jesus Christ

Also it remains a terrible boss fight, I loathe instant death especially on difficult to read animations with no clear zone of how far away you have to be. Sometimes I swear to god the damn thing just teleports on you

Also the upgrade Jack achievement is a nightmare, almost all guides I use seem to miss some components that I find from their lists

I did the Jack upgrade recently and yeah, the guides available kinda sucked and it was a real pain in the ass. I think I wound up using the Gears wiki as while it didn't have pictures, it at least had descriptions that weren't confusingly written.

And yeah, the Matriarch is a god awful bossfight. Easily the worst of the series.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Yeah I’m pretty sure the guide I was using fucked me and I missed some in act 2. Ah well, if I don’t get the cheev this run it’s not meant to be

• Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    So I was holding off on buying Snowrunner until some Christmas cash comes in, since I thought it would continue to be on sale for the Countdown. Well, I misplayed my hand, because I realized last night that it was only on sale during the Focus specific sale last week, and now it's full price again.

Drat. :x

Reddaye on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    I hope Microsoft restarts their BC program, now that Series X is out. I've got a ton of non-BC 360 games still.

Same here. They were teasing something for Series X|S launch day on the BC pages, but all it seemed to amount to was BC... on the Series X|S.
    Peen wrote: »
    My impression from the stuff I've heard and read is that there are a lot of games that are almost impossible to license for BC, either because of licensed content in the game or the company that made the game vanishing into the ether.

That being said, re-master and release Def Jam Vendetta: Fight for NY you cowards.

Some, for sure, but others...?

I made a list of some of my most wanted, and some just don't add up there.

The big ones are the sequels without predecessors: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is there, but not Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. Sumo and SEGA are still around, and if anything, Danica Patrick and Wreck-It Ralph should make Transformed less tenable than the original's Banjo-Kazooie.

Bionic Commando Rearmed: Grin isn't around anymore, but Capcom is, and they got Rearmed 2 on there.

Koei Tecmo got the Ninja Gaidens on there, but none of the Dead or Alives.

And so on.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Now that they own Obsidian maybe we can get Alpha Protocol BC. Or is it owned by Sega?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Now that they own Obsidian maybe we can get Alpha Protocol BC. Or is it owned by Sega?

pretty sure its owned by Sega.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »

pretty sure its owned by Sega.

Yes. Obsidian always said that they would want to make a sequel, but that it rested in SEGA's hands. All talk about Obsidian doing anything was about a spiritual sequel.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The Alpha Protocol brand is pretty nothing and any company would be foolish to pay for it. Just make a spy RPG and mention in interviews that your team was inspired by games such as Alpha Protocol from the past.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I just wish Activision wasn't a shit about licensing. I want to play the Cybertron games again.