As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]-heim. Valhalla has no backlogs.

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    @an_alt those are some crazy shots and that is some of the most aggressive strategy/tactics I've ever seen in curling. Scores are nuts too.

So no one plays defensive anymore?

Some of the best teams still play a fairly defensive style, but with the five rock rule there are more stones in play. The "five rock rule" is that guards (stones in front of the house) can't be removed until after the fifth rock of the end is thrown. It's pretty common to see the team without hammer put up two center line guards then draw to the front of the house to start an end.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Thank you so much for the contest @an_alt it was super exciting to follow along with, and congrats to @iolo for winning :) I wouldnt have been happier for anyone else to beat me. :)

In other news, I installed a new Cpu cooler and the goddamn thing broke. Had to order a replacement part, so ive been off the main PC for a few days. Hopefully the part gets here today and I can fix it right up and get back to playing game... hahahaha. I mean staring at my library and not actually playing anything. Again.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    an_alt wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    @an_alt those are some crazy shots and that is some of the most aggressive strategy/tactics I've ever seen in curling. Scores are nuts too.

So no one plays defensive anymore?

Some of the best teams still play a fairly defensive style, but with the five rock rule there are more stones in play. The "five rock rule" is that guards (stones in front of the house) can't be removed until after the fifth rock of the end is thrown. It's pretty common to see the team without hammer put up two center line guards then draw to the front of the house to start an end.

These are all words I'm familiar with but I feel like I understood nothing from this post.

Hevach on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Apparently we will be getting more Dying Light 2 info and a trailer next week. The first game impressed me immensely and I really hope the very troubled production doesn't result in something mediocre.

Absalon on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    In other news, I installed a new Cpu cooler and the goddamn thing broke. Had to order a replacement part, so ive been off the main PC for a few days. Hopefully the part gets here today and I can fix it right up and get back to playing game... hahahaha. I mean staring at my library and not actually playing anything. Again.

Part got here, I fixed it up and everything seems to be working, but im scared to actually play anything incase it isn't working again and I have to get all the way in the pc's guts again.

what went wrong:
    it all came down to one of the tiny stand offs that attach the cooler backplate to the front. One of the double sided cast offs snapped the screw section off, making it so the cooler and the cpu didn't have 100% contact and it would overheat from that. I had to spend another $20 just to order a replacement pack just for that one part. :( But now its all together and working supposedly! And it looks okay I guess, its an RGB cooler so now theres rainbows inside the case.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Day 9 of the Brier - Final day of Championship Round

Also, the last day of the 2021 Brier Contest, so no hiding behind spoilers.

The 2021 Brier Champion is ... whoever wins the final tomorrow.
    The 2021 Steam Brier Contest winner is Iolo !
    The 2021 Steam Brier Contest um, not-winner is Polaritie!

Grats Iolo! And thank you an_alt for the fun!

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Apparently we will be getting more Dying Light 2 info and a trailer next week. The first game impressed me immensely and I really hope the very troubled production doesn't result in something mediocre.

"Very troubled production" is a rather interesting way of putting what's going on in that studio. Because I'd be leaning more towards "nuclear trash fire" after recent articles.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Thank you @an_alt for the fun and interesting contest.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Damn it Wolfenstein: New Colossus. A dumb game about killing Nazis is not suppose to devastate my emotions like this.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Damn it Wolfenstein: New Colossus. A dumb game about killing Nazis is not suppose to devastate my emotions like this.

Shadow Warrior was kind of like that. Came for the ridiculous ninja ultraviolence, left with a sad.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Decided to start Chronos Before the Ashes before I get back into Remnant.

I'm going to regret this, aren't I?

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    So this demo for Apico is out and beekeeping is something I didn't know I wanted in a game, but here we are. I'm over here googling terms like apiary now.

edit: got another for you guys: propolis. I'm learning so much it's unbeelievable.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »

Shadow Warrior was kind of like that. Came for the ridiculous ninja ultraviolence, left with a sad.

First, Brian Bloom, hell the whole cast is really damn good.

Second, despite the ridiculousness of the plot and ultraviolence, the trauma and pain the characters go through is real. That's something both new Wolfenstein games did amazingly well. The pure nightmare that would be a world run by Nazis with all their stupidity and delusions and brutality.

Third, then I get to paint the walls red with Nazis.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The infamously banned game that scared GOG away is back!

https://shop.redcandlegames.com/games/devotion

Red Candle like screw you, we'll do it ourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbQlBGniUQQ

It's phenomenal, well deserving of the praise it's gotten.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Hey @RoyceSraphim I saw you've been playing Recettear again lately. How's it hold up? One thing I never was able to do in that game was to try to get all the Rank 5 fusion items, are you having any luck with that?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    All I did was help remove @Karoz 1 hidden game from his wishlist. Thank you for HuniePop 2. <3<3
    m1i2nb21uqb2.jpg

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Render unto Caesar what is his...

Also bought Devotion + OST so fast, play it one day. So excite. Loved Detention.

Karoz on
  • Options
    Day 10 of the Brier in case anyone is interested.
    Normally there's a four team playoff, but this year the top three advanced with the top team heading directly to the final.

Draw 23 (semi-final)
    I didn't see it myself with work, but it was apparently a tightly fought back and forth game.

Alberta (Bottcher) defeated Saskatchewan (Dunstone) 6-5

The was the game winning shot:
    https://youtu.be/f-zXgitqtwM

Draw 24 (final)
    Well played and low scoring until the 7th end.

Alberta (Bottcher) defeated Wildcard 2 (Koe) 4-2

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Hey RoyceSraphim I saw you've been playing Recettear again lately. How's it hold up? One thing I never was able to do in that game was to try to get all the Rank 5 fusion items, are you having any luck with that?

Nah, drop ratez are splinters in the thumb of the experience

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Thank you @an_alt for the wonderful contest and for the opportunity to put my complete and flawless knowledge of curling and nearly oracular ability to determine curling outcomes to good use!
    o7J7HCQ.png

Thanks also for a copy of Tenderfoot Tactics! Straightzi was raving about this in the SE++ PC games thread a little while back as having not only a strong turn-based heart but also interesting overland navigation without an omniscient map. Now I can give it a go for myself - thank you! :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    1dz666pw4bmm.png

@an_alt I don't understand. I lost. I lost the most.

Also, @Iolo, what is this nonsense language? "No... ack..." nope, can't figure it out. :rotate:

Thanks for Icey and the last Ys game I didn't have on Steam (for now... until IX's port comes out... or they decide to localize V)

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    icey is the only game I have 100% of the achievements on because it's worth finding everything

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I have no idea what this is(as per usual), but thanks @Iolo !

0bv2fg3nisfo.png

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Icey was a lot of fun to explore because a lot of the hidden areas results in the narrator getting mad at you and it's hilarious

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I too have been struck by a bank shot off a biter stone in the hot house before the hog line:
    dwyZo2O.png

Thanks @iolo!

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Also as someone who never paid attention to curling (and realistically still won't since I don't watch tv), it's actually pretty interesting! I have placed it below disc golf, mini golf and bowling, but above all other sports other than the recent addition of combat juggling. Thanks for the contest @an_alt!

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Icey was a lot of fun to explore because a lot of the hidden areas results in the narrator getting mad at you and it's hilarious

there's some really bizarre stuff in there too, notably
    marital problems, and the 'alternate funding' bits

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Thank you @Iolo !
    dgMXe91.png

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    I didn't expect to see a notification come in today.
    1H6ASD2.png

Thanks so much @Betsuni!

I hope everyone had fun with the contest and updates. I really enjoyed all the PMs, comments, and light bits of trash talk. It was a blast and I really had fun with it.

Thanks to everyone who entered!

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I didn't expect to see a notification come in today.
    1H6ASD2.png

Thanks so much Betsuni!

I hope everyone had fun with the contest and updates. I really enjoyed all the PMs, comments, and light bits of trash talk. It was a blast and I really had fun with it.

Thanks to everyone who entered!

I had so much fun that your work deserved payment. Honestly I should have looked at your wishlist better to see if there was a more curling related game.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    I finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps yesterday! What a beautiful game, with very good platforming. The game looks amazing! I've been playing over the last few weekends so the kids could watch me play. They enjoyed it a lot s well! Thanks again to @Iolo for the game!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Iolo wrote: »
    Thank you @an_alt for the wonderful contest and for the opportunity to put my complete and flawless knowledge of curling and nearly oracular ability to determine curling outcomes to good use!
    A little offtopic about a funny coincidence: today, following an entry in our intranet frontpage, I found out not only that there is local curling team in my town and a Spanish National Curling Championship but also that a coworker of mine is part of that local team and has won that championship several times (last time 2 days ago).

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    So who's planning the Steam Thread Curling Contest when PAX comes back?

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Did I just come back to a curling thread?

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

Always was.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

The greater realization still coming for you is that it was always a curling thread, and you're actually curling right now, the past several years just a moment in time as you line up your next epic shot.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Just pre-purchased the Nemesis expansion for Stellaris which comes out around this time next month.

Speaking of Stellaris, there's a board game on Kickstarter. It's slightly exceeded its £36,000 goal, currently standing at £1.6M with 20 days left on the clock.

Looks like a pretty neat game for folks who actually have folks around to play in meatspace.

Edit: removed link to the KS page, my b

EvmaAlsar on
    6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    @EvmaAlsar Might want to remove that link, direct Kickstarter links are verboten.

But yeah, it does look cool. Just makes me think of the copy of Twilight Imperium I have sitting here, still unplayed (by me, anyway) that does not physically fit on my card table...

Jazz on
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    @Ed Gruberman saw what was going on in my life, and decided to intervene. I am now no longer out of Control! Thanks for Control Standard Edition!!

camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.