As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Mandalorian Season 2 - OPEN SPOILER ZONE!

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    The Empire has been around in the sense of Werner Herzog’s ragtag remainders and deadenders. What’s new is the Empire being around in the sense of putting squads with new equipment, fancy battle droids, and pristine cruisers into the field for a single operation.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

When he asked the frog peeps to look after Grogu I half expected them to demand he beat someone up in return.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    So Boba's chain code has apparently been translated by some Redditors:
    https://i.redd.it/pmb16desf6361.png

Foundling
    Took into
    t/e year, t/e
    /on/ord Dawn
    Mentor Jaste
    Father Fett
    Boba Fett

And with some fill in the blanks you end up with a reference to Jaster Mereel from Concord Dawn who rescued Jango during the Mandalorian Civil War so Filoni and Favreau just recanonized a chunk of Legends material regarding Jango and Boba's backstory covered in the Open Seasons comic. Neat!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    My only fear/worry about Boba Fett being back is that they might try and redeem him in some way. I've always thought of him as somewhere between Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil, possibly Chaotic Neutral.

I don't think it does his character well to be portrayed anywhere near the Good spectrum.

And to be fair, they didn't do that this episode. I just worry about it for the future.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    My only fear/worry about Boba Fett being back is that they might try and redeem him in some way. I've always thought of him as somewhere between Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil, possibly Chaotic Neutral.

I don't think it does his character well to be portrayed anywhere near the Good spectrum.

And to be fair, they didn't do that this episode. I just worry about it for the future.

Personally, I wouldn’t be too worried. Rebels and Clone Wars have shown that Filoni is willing to be nuanced when it comes to good/evil.

Fett made a deal and he honors the deal whatever that means. He’s still the bounty hunter that worked with Vader and didn’t give Han the choice of going in warm - went straight to cold - to collect on the Hutt bounty. Anything goes when a bargain has been struck.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    The Empire has been around in the sense of Werner Herzog’s ragtag remainders and deadenders. What’s new is the Empire being around in the sense of putting squads with new equipment, fancy battle droids, and pristine cruisers into the field for a single operation.

Yeah at this point the Battle of Jakku was about 4 years ago, which was the end of the war and the majority of the Imperial Forces were either beaten or had fled to the Unknown Regions(later becoming the first order).

So at this point it’s just little scattered warlords that haven’t been dealt with yet. Especially on the Outer Rim. Gideon being around and having a Capital ship and all is pretty rare.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I really really like the idea of these bounty hunters and Mandalorian keeping their word.

Yes they are all killers, but they stick to their agreements.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I really really like the idea of these bounty hunters and Mandalorian keeping their word.

A man's gotta have a code

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

In one of the newer canon comics, he tortures and murders a friend of Luke's from Tatooine, just because he recognized his name.

He's not a good guy. But he's a hired killer who seems to have mellowed with age, getting scarred up in the Sarlaac pit seems to have broken his pride a little. For the better.

• Options
    SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »

It's also an agreement between Mandalorians. Probably holds more weight for Boba than for some random scrub.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »

If you're a bounty hunter and word gets around that you'll cheat on your contracts you wont be a bounty hunter long, and more than likely end up dead.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Did I need a live action Boba Fett proving not only was he legit Mandalorian but also legit badass?

Yes I apparently needed that. JJ furious he forgot to crap all over Boba Fett in RoS.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    We have a new thread but no one answered my question about Boba Fett boba tea.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    The video in the OP is accurate, and a positive review imo

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

Presumably the Disney Star Wars experience thing (galaxy’s edge?) might have it.

It’s probably super expensive if they do. Good odds on it being alcoholic.

Given the state of the world I wouldn’t recommend going to get any right now.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Watched the episode again and the only thing I would have changed us NOT having Space Raylan Givens use the missile in Episode 1.

Should have saved that reveal for Boba.

Also I want Timothy Olyphant to be a part of the Mando crew that goes to rescue The Kid.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    da9c95rtrifc.jpeg

No lie, I wouldn’t mind this at all. Franchises or what have you that figure out how to redeem their weakest or most troubling links become so much stronger than the ones that slather on a retcon or do the thing where “the stuff you like is real, the stuff you don’t never happened, anyway here’s the real sequel to Judgment Day, we mean it this time”

I have legitimate sentimentality tor Jar Jar Binks. He really seemed like something Lucas poured his heart into, and as a character there’s always been a big What If to me on how the prequels might have turned out if this ostentatiously designed duck-rabbit swamp alien had been put to better use and been more warmly received.

Ironically, I’ve wanted to get a cool-looking Jar Jar Binks figure for some time now, but having scoured the Internet, they don’t actually seem to exist. Binks’ actual outfit is made of like formless potato sacks and sweatpants and a vest, and then of course later he gets his cirque de solei senator robes, but that’s about it. Nothing that cool looking.

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    I thought there was a story where, following the rise of the Empire, Jar-Jar left the Senate and settled...on Alderaan.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I, uh, think I should apologize for how OMGHuge the image is... it looked normal on my phone.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Nice try George.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Can we bring up the Sith Lord Binks theory from back in the day and say he's the one that received Grogu's message?

• Options
    Mando's cool precision in battle is no match for Jar Jar's clumsy-master style.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular

Yeah at this point the Battle of Jakku was about 4 years ago, which was the end of the war and the majority of the Imperial Forces were either beaten or had fled to the Unknown Regions(later becoming the first order).

So at this point it’s just little scattered warlords that haven’t been dealt with yet. Especially on the Outer Rim. Gideon being around and having a Capital ship and all is pretty rare.

Also that pristine cruiser is a clone wars relic.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    this is the best show and all episodes are great

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    The Old Fashioned Bounty Hunter

3 oz Bourbon
    1.5 oz Maraschino Simple Syrup
    2 oz White Tea au Lait (White Tea, Creamer, Hot Water)
    1 Ice Cube
    3 dashes Bitters
    15 Tapioca Pearls
    1 drop Green Food Coloring

Garnish with an Orange Wedge

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I spent too long coming up with that. It could probably be refined a bit from there, it should look milky green.

It would make a great Galaxy's Edge Cantina drink, imo.

I like my drinks stronger, you can lessen the au Lait and the Bourbon for it to be less harsh if it's too much, but Fett would disapprove.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    We know what happens to Jar-Jar. There’s a comic set in the sequel trilogy where he’s a homeless clown on Naboo who everyone hates, shunned for his role in the rise of the empire.

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »
    We know what happens to Jar-Jar. There’s a comic set in the sequel trilogy where he’s a homeless clown on Naboo who everyone hates, shunned for his role in the rise of the empire.
    So.. he's alive, then. We can still hope for Darth Jar Jar.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »

Also that pristine cruiser is a clone wars relic.

I checked and Wookiepedia is being very coy... Just because it looks like an Arquitens, doesn't mean they are listing it with the imperial light cruiser.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    It is worrisome that Grogu uses force choking, not gonna lie. He already knew he was able to defend himself with violent shoving but he kept going there for a bit.

• Options

I don’t know. I mean this is Star Wars. What if Jar Jar is like the last surviving senator from the Republic, and during his time in the senate he was briefed on a number of different special pieces of intel per his clearance? What if it turns out he’s a critical asset because of what he knows, so he gets extracted by some Empire bounty hunters and they’re delivering him to Moff Gideon and now Jar Jar is this football between Gideon and the Republic because he knows about the Snoke Initiative?

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    I think it’s not some big dark side thing

He is a baby that can use the force and is under threat of immediate harm from armored
    Shock troops four times his size who keep coming after him when tossed about

He’s basically flailing to defend himself however he can. If a few bastards get force choked, so be it.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options

I don’t know. I mean this is Star Wars. What if Jar Jar is like the last surviving senator from the Republic, and during his time in the senate he was briefed on a number of different special pieces of intel per his clearance? What if it turns out he’s a critical asset because of what he knows, so he gets extracted by some Empire bounty hunters and they’re delivering him to Moff Gideon and now Jar Jar is this football between Gideon and the Republic because he knows about the Snoke Initiative?

Last we saw of Jar Jar in a Wendig novel, he was basically a merchant shunned for his vote in AotC

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Jedi have used the force to bludgeon people to death with objects and cut them to pieces with a laser sword, why would choking someone be worse?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Jedi have used the force to bludgeon people to death with objects and cut them to pieces with a laser sword, why would choking someone be worse?

Because force choke is one of those things that is arbitrarily “dark side”

Like how literally manipulating the free will of another sapient being is somehow “light side”

Or how lightning fingers are de facto evil

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    In fairness to Grogu, he has literally been punched in the face by Stormtroopers and probably tortured for his blood.

• Options
    The mind tricks are universal force powers. Choke is Dark side.

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    Why?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    navgoose wrote: »
    Why?

It's the way you're interacting with the force. Basically, if you're using the force to do things like throw stuff that's fairly neutral. If you're twisting the force of a living being to choke them, cause massive harm, completely dominate their will - like well above mind trick levels such as what Ezra does to the walker pilot in Rebels - and so forth that's considered using the dark side of the force. On the contrary, using the force to heal someone is considered a light side power.

It's still fairly arbitrary, like there really isn't that much fundamental difference between choking someone with the force and dropping a large object on them, but it does have to do with the *way* you are manipulating the force. Essentially domination of another living creatures force = dark side. Working with or aiding someone else with the force is light side.

A lot of EU/game stuff has of course relentlessly broken this kind of idea. Destroy droids is basically like the force lightning, but most star wars EU material puts it into light side. On the other hand, force lightning has always unequivocally been a dark side power - probably because it's a solely destructive way of using the force.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.