As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Tentative

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Tentative

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• NashKnightNashKnight Registered User regular
    I'm with Gabe on this one

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Tenet was a great premise with some very nice execution but the characters just felt so joyless. Bitter villain, miserable love interest, stone-faced protagonist.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I enjoyed the characters and action of Tenet, but I left the movie theater saying to my buddy "I need to watch this again when it comes out on home media."

It's one of those movies that is intentionally confusing and somewhat deceitful, up until the end. And I felt like I needed another viewing just to understand everything that was going on.

• LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    I will buy that mug in a heartbeat, lol

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Tenet was a great premise with some very nice execution but the characters just felt so joyless. Bitter villain, miserable love interest, stone-faced protagonist.

sounds like pretty much every Nolan character ever

• MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Registered User regular
    I'm sad the movie is scoring below 80%. It seems like the kind of movie you would want to see with surround sound.
    Then there are movies like Love and Monsters that just touched 90%, but could be viewed on smartphone with three friends while you're camping or something.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I'm sad the movie is scoring below 80%. It seems like the kind of movie you would want to see with surround sound.
    Then there are movies like Love and Monsters that just touched 90%, but could be viewed on smartphone with three friends while you're camping or something.

From what was said by people who watched it in theaters, it's more the kind of movie you want to watch with subtitles on

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »

From what was said by people who watched it in theaters, it's more the kind of movie you want to watch with subtitles on

That’s every action movie with the type of audio mix that’s become standard in the last 10 years.

As in, put blast tape on your windows if you wanna turn it up enough to hear dialogue.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • MortalToasterMortalToaster Registered User regular

What's the reference? Is GL related to giraffes?

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular

That’s every action movie with the type of audio mix that’s become standard in the last 10 years.

As in, put blast tape on your windows if you wanna turn it up enough to hear dialogue.

So true. I hate how I always have to micromanage the volume while watching movies.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

Tycho loves being an ally? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLAAD

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    It could be slaad

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    While I enjoyed Tenet, I found that the central concept wasn't made quite as understandable as Inception made its concept. It's relatively easy to get a grasp of the whole 'you can enter people's dreams and manipulate them to extract or inspire information' thing Inception has, but Tenet's forward and backward time switching concept didn't quite grab me. It looked cool, but I'll be damned if I can explain it.

• ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular

"The slaad is a fictional monster in the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game. They are Outsiders that resemble giant humanoid toads of various colors, and other types, such as mud, and death slaadi."
    MarcinMN wrote: »

So true. I hate how I always have to micromanage the volume while watching movies.

One of the reviews on IMDB for the movie is: "In the last 5-10 years I feel cinema volume has been too low. This was unacceptably high and Nolan should be fined for creating this health risk. Yes, he decided how loud it should play at your cinema. I am not ready to review this movie for it's content. It's been TWO MONTHS since i saw it and it is still ringing DAILY in my ears. So, since I'll probably never experience a quiet moment again for the rest of my life; Christopher Nolan: F.U."
    Is it really that bad? Will it literally deafen you?

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Showsni wrote: »

"The slaad is a fictional monster in the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game. They are Outsiders that resemble giant humanoid toads of various colors, and other types, such as mud, and death slaadi."
    MarcinMN wrote: »

One of the reviews on IMDB for the movie is: "In the last 5-10 years I feel cinema volume has been too low. This was unacceptably high and Nolan should be fined for creating this health risk. Yes, he decided how loud it should play at your cinema. I am not ready to review this movie for it's content. It's been TWO MONTHS since i saw it and it is still ringing DAILY in my ears. So, since I'll probably never experience a quiet moment again for the rest of my life; Christopher Nolan: F.U."
    Is it really that bad? Will it literally deafen you?

Created by popular Sci-fi author Charles Stross. Along with the Githyanki.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Wait what? Stross created the slaadi and githyanki? That's wild. I love his Laundry Files series.

steam_sig.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Wait what? Stross created the slaadi and githyanki? That's wild. I love his Laundry Files series.

Also Githerazi (unsurprising because of their ties to Githyanki) and Death Knights.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Also Githerazi (unsurprising because of their ties to Githyanki) and Death Knights.

Also platinum. And bonus actions. And the 20th side.

dennis on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I enjoyed the characters and action of Tenet, but I left the movie theater saying to my buddy "I need to watch this again when it comes out on home media."

It's one of those movies that is intentionally confusing and somewhat deceitful, up until the end. And I felt like I needed another viewing just to understand everything that was going on.

well... you see...
    You have to watch it backwards and tell yourself what's going on as you do. TEMPORAL PINCHER!*

I liked it. I liked the soundtrack too, I have auto-volume control on my TV so that wasn't a problem either.

And apparently the protagonist is Denzel Washington's son.

edit: *that's technically wrong but I'm leaving it like this, it's 3:00 am. >_>

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”