As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Second Impeachment] Acquitted of Armed Insurrection | 57 Votes for Guilty

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    And he's re-impeached.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Passed 218. President Trump has made history.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    we have a 10th R apparently

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Impeachment 2: Electoral Boogaloo

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    David Valadao (CA) was #10

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Ten republicans voting to impeach is significantly more than I expected!

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Ten republicans voting to impeach is significantly more than I expected!

I was thinking an even dozen.

Not enough to put money on that as the over/under, but still.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Impeachment 2: Electoral Boogaloo

With plenty of Boogaloo boys and other fascists.

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    Adam Kinzinger on NBC:

"There is no equivalence [to the BLM protests]."

also saying he will sleep easy having made the right decision

I don't like his policy history but man he's unwavering and gives no fucks

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Multiple Republicans makes it bipartisanship and puts more pressure on the Senate. Doesn’t mean they’ll convict him, but more pressure is still good.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i will give anyone credit for doing the right thing but have no compunction going back to vilifying them for arguing against extending unemployment benefits in a week

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Adam Kinzinger on NBC:

To be fair if something like 70-80% of his caucus/voting base wasn't completely bugfuck insane this wouldn't be any kind of brave stand at all

• Options
    I'll update OP #4 with the roll call of seditionist insurrectionists later today when I'm not on the clock.

Unless someone wants to do the legwork for me to just copy pasta.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Adam Kinzinger on NBC:

To be fair if something like 70-80% of his caucus/voting base wasn't completely bugfuck insane this wouldn't be any kind of brave stand at all

100%

i'm still impressed he's willing to say it bald and unvarnished, it's refreshing from the usual Republican talking points

especially not even remotely entertaining it has any equivalence to the BLM protests

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Impeachment of Donald Trump

Well now Trump can brag about something no other President can...When you go to Wikipedia now, you have to decide which of Trump's two impeachments you want to read up on.

L-O-L.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Results. 4 Pubs were cowards.

Yea - 232
    Dems - 222
    Pubs - 10

Nay - 197

Dems - 0
    Pubs - 197

Present - 0

Dems - 0
    Pubs - 0

No Vote - 4
    Dems - 0
    Pubs - 4

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    That’s the most ever “yea” votes to impeach from a president’s own party

And it comes with less than a week before his term ends

• Options
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Impeachment of Donald Trump

Well now Trump can brag about something no other President can...When you go to Wikipedia now, you have to decide which of Trump's two impeachments you want to read up on.

L-O-L.

he's breaking several two-timer records

two time impeachment
    two time popular vote loser

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I don’t expect it, but there would be something appropriate about Trump being fired on his last day.

Edit: In action movie terms, it means you get to say the line that means the tables have turned, so that’s something.

OneAngryPossum on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    They impeached the motherfucker again, to paraphrase a congresswoman.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Likely to be a video from Trump responding to this tonight, according to NBC

Should be a foot-stomping good time

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Likely to be a video from Trump responding to this tonight, according to NBC

Should be a foot-stomping good time

Put it on a delay so he can't incite people to violence.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Not going to lie, while I'm glad he's Impeached again, seeing that only 10 republicans voted yay, and 197 republicans voted to support domestic terrorism, is a bit of a wet blanket.

e: corrected yay count, thanks @Piotyr

thatassemblyguy on
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Not going to lie, while I'm glad he's Impeached again, seeing that only 12 republicans voted yay, and 197 republicans voted to support domestic terrorism, is a bit of a wet blanket.

Do you mean terrifying?

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Not going to lie, while I'm glad he's Impeached again, seeing that only 12 republicans voted yay, and 197 republicans voted to support domestic terrorism, is a bit of a wet blanket.

That's actually a very large R number for this sort of thing.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Just means they can't memory hole him when the overwhelming majority supported him.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular

It was 10, which is still the most in any impeachment vote of the same party as the president.

Some folks are being cowards in that 197 (maybe most?), knowing that they have cover from their angriest base from the Democratic members of the house. However, they should try just telling their base the truth at some point.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Yeah like I'm willing to give em credit on this, but like that's only because they're expected to be monsters. Like I'm guessing (fuckin hoping) all the Ds went impeach, I'm not giving them any extra credit for doing so cause it's a baseline expectation (and woe to any that did vote against, they must be primaried). That this is not a near unanimous vote is a sad indictment of where we're actually fuckin at here.

What was the exact time on the vote that sealed it?

• Options
    Enc wrote: »

That's actually a very large R number for this sort of thing.

as mentioned, the most in history

• Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular

I don't want to hear a goddamned word out of any of these 197 shithead's mouths when it comes to Biden's presidency. If an actual coup attempt that threatened their lives is not grounds for impeachment to these GOP turds, then nothing is.

... Of course, I say that, but I know they'll be making noise about impeaching him because Hunter sneezed or something. These assholes never care about hypocrisy.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    So is this the day he finally becomes President, or is that next week?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I don't want to hear a goddamned word out of any of these 197 shithead's mouths when it comes to Biden's presidency. If an actual coup attempt that threatened their lives is not grounds for impeachment to these GOP turds, then nothing is.

... Of course, I say that, but I know they'll be making noise about impeaching him because Hunter sneezed or something. These assholes never care about hypocrisy.

I’m extremely angry in advance about it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

When he drops dead they should absolutely deny him the right of any sort of state funeral

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Sleep wrote: »
    Yeah like I'm willing to give em credit on this, but like that's only because they're expected to be monsters. Like I'm guessing (fuckin hoping) all the Ds went impeach, I'm not giving them any extra credit for doing so cause it's a baseline expectation (and woe to any that did vote against, they must be primaried). That this is not a near unanimous vote is a sad indictment of where we're actually fuckin at here.

What was the exact time on the vote that sealed it?

4:23EST at the totp was within a minute if not spot on

• Options
    I am so very tired of hearing the news point out how divided we are and desperate for "unity" amid Republicans asking why we can't just move on from the attack

Fucking... they tried to lynch elected officials while the president stoked and fed that division!

If I punch a Republican in the face, why do they get all indignant about it?! It's time to move on!

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    We aren't in a movie where you just appeal to the Republican's better natures, everyone claps, and stands up and says out loud "I vote Yay to impeach this President". There is a complicated political calculus. I wish we would stop lamenting that the Republicans don't magically find a conscience. It does not serve them to have one and it is never going to be an avenue to unite our country or convince them to reach across the aisle. There is NO ethical bottom for the majority of Republican Representatives and Senators. We didn't reach it during covid. We didn't reach it during the Muslim ban. We didn't reach it with kids in cages. We aren't going to reach it even with a Presidentially sanctioned Insurrection.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    klemming wrote: »

171 hours and 56 minutes

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    All 222 Democratic members voted "Yes" on impeachment.

Here were the 10 Republican "Yes" votes on impeachment:

Rep. Dan Newhouse of Washington
    Rep. John Katko of New York
    Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler of Washington
    Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois
    Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan
    Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming
    Rep. Peter Meijer of Michigan
    Rep. Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio
    Rep. Tom Rice of South Carolina
    Rep. David Valadao of California

There were 4 Rs that abstained from the vote, the other 197 voted "No" on impeachment.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    They weren't even firmly rejected in the 2020 election! It's never going to happen. We have to stop hoping and wishing for it. And we also don't need to be surprised by it every time. That's the status quo for them.

This discussion has been closed.