As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new Cyberpunk thread

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah so I don't know what happened between the last time I played this and this time, but I've seen more janky weirdness in the first 5 or so hours with this character than all the 150+ hours across my other characters. I've got levitating NPCs, NPCs using the same idle activities (like leaning on a food cart) in the same spots so they're overlapping, NPCs walking right through me, hilarious physics bugs... I walked into a food cart in an area full of such carts and it was like everything exploded. Carts, boxes, trash cans, and papers just went everywhere and kept setting off other crap flying in every direction. It beat any Bethesda physics explosion I've ever seen.

It was amazing.

GOTY.

Maybe I'll hold off then lol

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The Heist: like Shadowrun has taught me, no such thing as a milk run.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Good god did that escalate quickly.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Good god did that escalate quickly.
    It's all an exponential function, really, when you think about it... :P

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I honestly didn't like how the heist went down. I'm down for throwing curveballs and escalation, but the series of events just left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Like, idiot son's 'plan' was so stupid, the only reason it worked out was because someone happened to have actually broken into the tower at that specific time. And I really hate that the thing that botches the job was completely unforeseeable and impossible to adapt to. Like, you should get done in by hubris or inexperience or your target being just that good, not random completely unrelated shit.

• Options
    Honestly the vibe of the game went down after that mission. It skyrocketed during the float mission and then went back down.

Might just fire up the PS5 edition again tho. Sour grapes of the game crashing every hour probably ruined the experience for me. Now I've got a better sound system and TV maybe it'll be better..

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    I honestly didn't like how the heist went down. I'm down for throwing curveballs and escalation, but the series of events just left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Like, idiot son's 'plan' was so stupid, the only reason it worked out was because someone happened to have actually broken into the tower at that specific time. And I really hate that the thing that botches the job was completely unforeseeable and impossible to adapt to. Like, you should get done in by hubris or inexperience or your target being just that good, not random completely unrelated shit.

If it helps,
    The murder was unplanned. It was an act of passion. Yorinobu had no idea his father was going to show up. Even if no one was there to conveniently pin the blame on he likely would've been free and clear anyway. Anyone with suspicions likely would have kept them to themselves.

As to the rest, I personally am a sucker for those turns. I love it when criminals witness something even more awful than what they are doing. But that is just personal taste.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »

If it helps,
    The murder was unplanned. It was an act of passion. Yorinobu had no idea his father was going to show up. Even if no one was there to conveniently pin the blame on he likely would've been free and clear anyway. Anyone with suspicions likely would have kept them to themselves.

As to the rest, I personally am a sucker for those turns. I love it when criminals witness something even more awful than what they are doing. But that is just personal taste.
    I know it wasn't planned, it was just stupid. The whole scenario was a pile of dumb. The fact that security guy didn't just gank the obviously lying son immediately, especially since there's still a viable heir who didn't just kill their father, was extra dumb.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Axen wrote: »

If it helps,

I know it wasn't planned, it was just stupid. The whole scenario was a pile of dumb. The fact that security guy didn't just gank the obviously lying son immediately, especially since there's still a viable heir who didn't just kill their father, was extra dumb.
    Patricide is typically pretty far from people's minds.

Yorinobu told Takemura someone poisoned his father. Given who his dad was poison was likely a pretty high concern for security and an easily believable cause of death. At least during those initial minutes when everyone is still in shock.

Takemura was incredibly dishonored by the death and eager to redeem himself or die trying. Yorinobu told him to find the killer and no surprise he leapt at the chance.

But it also isn't much of a coincidence that Yorinobu sent 'Saka Ninjas after Takemura almost immediately afterwards. He likely would've realized what was up as soon as the adrenaline faded.

Unrelated: The father's first idea, instead of talking with his son, was to literally destroy Night City. Now that would have been a wild curveball.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Son's plan almost certainly would have worked. You're actually a significant complication to it since you potentially have cyberware that proves he did it. If Arasaka is killed by a "super ghost ninja" then there is no one to go looking for. And he can leverage the power of the corporation in order to push his story. I mean, are you going to argue with Adam Smasher in the face of no evidence? Takamura didn't.

End Spoilers:
    Plus its actually super important (for reasons made clear later in the story but Son almost certainly understands at that point in the story) that he really needs to do this thing now, and cannot wait. Coupled by the fact that its far easier to do it yourself (less security, fewer witnesses) than to actually create a paper trail in hiring a hit? Its more or less the only opportunity he has.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Oops. I broke 'em.
    C62F8B54A63A34C0186BFD6CE2CEB86E414DFA5D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Son's plan almost certainly would have worked. You're actually a significant complication to it since you potentially have cyberware that proves he did it. If Arasaka is killed by a "super ghost ninja" then there is no one to go looking for. And he can leverage the power of the corporation in order to push his story. I mean, are you going to argue with Adam Smasher in the face of no evidence? Takamura didn't.

End Spoilers:
    Plus its actually super important (for reasons made clear later in the story but Son almost certainly understands at that point in the story) that he really needs to do this thing now, and cannot wait. Coupled by the fact that its far easier to do it yourself (less security, fewer witnesses) than to actually create a paper trail in hiring a hit? Its more or less the only opportunity he has.
    That's mostly because takemura is apparently a moron who can't realize someone's been obviously strangled. It works because the game says it does, not because it makes any sense, it's the most contrived shit.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

End Spoilers:
    That's mostly because takemura is apparently a moron who can't realize someone's been obviously strangled. It works because the game says it does, not because it makes any sense, it's the most contrived shit.
    Well i mean it would be hard to see if someone was strangled right after it happened if you don't get a chance to look up close. And Takemura pretty well knows that Son did it right up until you exist. It very obvious he thinks Son killed him but cannot do anything about it

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Also, V's voice actress really sold her frustration and despair during that act ending.
    "See you in the big leagues."

Gave me chills, she sounded like she was on the verge of tears.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Also, V's voice actress really sold her frustration and despair during that act ending.
    "See you in the big leagues."

Gave me chills, she sounded like she was on the verge of tears.

Cherami Leigh is the single best part of Cyberpunk. Her work on it is pretty incredible and you’re just getting started.

• Options
    I just want to say how much I love the work that went into designing the interiors of all these cars. I installed a mod that makes driving in 1st person actually fun, so I've really noticed this a lot more this game. Some of these interiors are just beautiful.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Does anyone know where I could get a sample of the 'Relic OS Error' sound effect? I have a cool idea for a video but I can't seem to find the sample anywhere.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Fun thing about the escalation point during the heist being discussed:
    If you have equipped the mod that makes enemies highlighted when they detect you, when Adam Smasher walks in he glows a bright-ass red. He sees you, but what does he care he doesn't know what you're stealing yet. So metal man gives a big ol shrug and does not give a fuck.

Worldbuilding or bug? You decide!

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    I’m not ashamed to say I haven’t beaten this game yet; I keep losing steam while trying to push through it due to a combination of how lacklustre a bunch of the content is and how persistent the jank is.

Stuff like door’s being unopenable because it doesn’t recognize that you picked up the access key or items being unlootable due to them being clipped into the geometry of the level.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    You can just pin it to your taskbar if you keep losing it

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »

Ugh

• Options

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Further proof that Drez and @Honk are clearly engaging in account swapping because I can't decide who this is more

• Options
    Question about the aftermath of the Heist...
    Is T-Bug dead? I gather she got Black ICEd and fried like my girl in Dragonfall...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Is T-Bug dead? I gather she got Black ICEd and fried like my girl in Dragonfall...
    Yep. Cooked. IIRC, you can find her body.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Yep. Cooked. IIRC, you can find her body.
    I gathered, had the same mental image as what happened to [redacted] in Dragonfall.

Hell of a way...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Had my first real persistent glitch, a phone conversation with Delmain, and his portrait is frozen on the screen and won't go away, and I can't make any other calls.
    Pretty eerie(and irritating).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    Hey, I'm thinking of picking up CP2077 on the Playstation Store sale, but... I have a PS4.

Have the patches brought it up to a playable state, or is it still heavy sledding?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Far as I can tell it's pretty stable for PS5 and adequate on PS4 Pro. It's still dog buns for PS4, and probably will be forever.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Yeah I wouldn't play it on a regular PS4.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    As someone who is about to start playing it again to get the platinum, on a base PS4 this is discouraging.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »

That's what I've been doing!

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I played through on a base Xbox , I had fun. Just remember to save often .

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

That's what I've been doing!

Yeah and I commend you for doing so! The game barely ran on the PS5 lol

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    its ok because sometimes even if the game runs ur character cant run due to bugs so its very egalitarian in that

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    -Save often
    -Expect glitches
    -Never, EVER use the phone while driving

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    ?

This reminds me that one of the most annoying things with this game to me is most of it your char is either intentionally wearing gear that is low(er) level, or you look like some kind of insane clown hobo with random bits of luxury clothing, old hobo pants (like Terminator and Kyle Reese) and then maybe a military combat helmet. And then tennis shoes.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    to be fair gear really doesnt matter u just stick in the few op mods that work and then brrap people with infinite dps weapons or broken quickhacks lol

i fashioned the whole way thru

d0niv1ds6p7n.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Sure, but it just feels bad ya know? But yes definitely style over substance