As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Advanced Table-Top RPG Thread: 2nd Edition

19495969798100»

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Polaritie wrote: »
    never die wrote: »
    He had a giant painting of a Theosophy Saint Germain with an Iron Cross above the painting, would lost Victorian era occult shit covered in swastikas, and seemed completely unwilling to hear employee concerns and complaints. As well his editors had to remove a bunch of racist shit from his contributions to books at times.

That is... significantly more than I had seen alleged there?

That was all stuff from the twitter thread.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Like, I would say "He's a nazi" might be a stretch, but "He has a lot of Nazi/Thule society-adjacent paraphernalia and may have had some weird/shitty racial shit in his writing" isn't a great look for 2021 regardless, and even then, that's close enough that if people are confusing you for a nazi, welp.

Is some of it blown out of proportion? I'd be a little aghast if it wasn't. (It's the cleaning one that makes me a bit incredulous, actually) But is it a stretch that a game company has some weird and fucked up people and a bad exec culture? Again, I would be surprised if only a 1/4 of it was the real deal or at least close to what was shared.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am unsurprised that the executives at the company wanted credit for being inclusive, while actually being bigoted bags of shit

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Theosophy and Victorian occultism are full of master race shit but the Ascended Masters thing is especially associated with 1930s fascism

Platy on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    You need to dive deep to be into that stuff

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Like, I would say "He's a nazi" might be a stretch, but "He has a lot of Nazi/Thule society-adjacent paraphernalia and may have had some weird/shitty racial shit in his writing" isn't a great look for 2021 regardless, and even then, that's close enough that if people are confusing you for a nazi, welp.

Is some of it blown out of proportion? I'd be a little aghast if it wasn't. (It's the cleaning one that makes me a bit incredulous, actually) But is it a stretch that a game company has some weird and fucked up people and a bad exec culture? Again, I would be surprised if only a 1/4 of it was the real deal or at least close to what was shared.

Honestly, after working at a bunch of mom and pop places, the cleaning one is one of the most believable for me. The incredulous part is them saying the employees couldn't do their own cleaning.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Man, I wish "We won't pay to do this thing that needs to be done, also we're not insured for you to do the thing that needs to be done and we don't want the liability" was less common

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2021
    Yeah, I saw the rebuttal post elsewhere on the internet reading the archaeological interest that was shown in the office decorations and I'm fucking sorry but that's super-specific stuff being put up on those walls. Focused interest in something doesn't mean you believe it...but it's a little strange to put these thing out there without context if you don't.

A duck! on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Doing research into weird shit is substantially different from taking that weird shit and plastering it over your office.

Anyways, new thread time.

This discussion has been closed.