Options

[WH40K] A Very Aeldari Christmas

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Got some Grot Bommers at the other game store today! Of course I went crazy and magnetized the turrets on top so they would turn.
    y7k4q07ascnp.jpeg

Look at his little scarf!
    93yefb5ea9nj.jpeg

My favorite design thing out this is the logistics. To fire a Grot Bomm, the Grot has to exit the top of the Bommer in flight from the little hatch, go across the engine, across the wing, then enter through another little hatch in the wing into the Bomm before they release it. Just so dumb and great.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I think the claw is a daemon engine, the hammer would be a warpsmith I think. That is one of the few fine cast models left.

Apparently there's a new chaos knight coming, according to the megaleak that had Sisters vs Tau as Kill team box 2.

Yay..........

I am not a huge fans of knights and how they skew the game.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Got some Grot Bommers at the other game store today! Of course I went crazy and magnetized the turrets on top so they would turn.
    Snip

Look at his little scarf!
    Snip

My favorite design thing out this is the logistics. To fire a Grot Bomm, the Grot has to exit the top of the Bommer in flight from the little hatch, go across the engine, across the wing, then enter through another little hatch in the wing into the Bomm before they release it. Just so dumb and great.

Stuff like this is why Orks are my favorite

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I think the claw is a daemon engine, the hammer would be a warpsmith I think. That is one of the few fine cast models left.

Apparently there's a new chaos knight coming, according to the megaleak that had Sisters vs Tau as Kill team box 2.

Yay..........

Though I only have a knight and two armigers [I do want to get two more sets but I am torn if I want the auto cannons or the melta ones for the 3rd?} I only played them for two games vs my brother's space wolves as he wants to try again vs them and when i get the 300 termgants that horror as well {I only need something like 8? more boxes if I did the math right 144+40 from the assault swarm box and +20 from the wrath of the hive mind} so 300-204+ 96 or 8 boxes at 12 models so yeah going to work on that slowly as painting 300+ termgants is a slog worth a summer and I only did 36 before work got totally worse

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Yay..........

Titans and planes feel ridiculously out of place in 9th. They barely interact with missions and everything being able to wound them means they're no longer in the superior defensive position that they once occupied. I think you're only likely to see much of them if the numbers get weird (looking at you, Ad Mech).

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Yay..........

Titans and planes feel ridiculously out of place in 9th. They barely interact with missions and everything being able to wound them means they're no longer in the superior defensive position that they once occupied. I think you're only likely to see much of them if the numbers get weird (looking at you, Ad Mech).

That's why I like that mission in the blood of the phoenix book about craftworlders attacking a hive spire. But they really should have air combat rules other than AI.
    I know my brother used the flying fridge {stormwolf or whatever it's transport is called} basically as a ram in one game but generally he uses it as a background guard so from the few games we have played flying rules feel really out of place in the game and sliced in

I know in 8th they talked if the game was in a constant beta though I like this ideal and approach to the game just how they do it is a whole other discussion.
    From the Rising Tide book I was curious if they had new rules or data sheets for the tyranids since I am very curious how scary warriors will get but from what i can tell it's just the beta rules for the synaptic link
    Auspex Tactics has a review of them but he talking under the ideal of tournment play so I am curious how the Trevigon will work with a termagant heavy force with it with it's reroll of 1-2 shooting Pew pew

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Yay..........

8th was not much better in some ways. You got the really bad skew list like the 6 eldar plane list and such. They fixed that a bit by making minuses to hit max at 1. But yeah like the Ad Mech flyer with its insane weapons are skewing the meta again.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I like the idea of gunships in 40K; ones that land, disgorge infantry, and stick around laying down firepower. Unfortunately, none of the actual gunships (looking at you, storm raven) are any good. Also the rules for infantry disgorgement are weird. But that's true of transport vehicles en général.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Elaro wrote: »
    I like the idea of gunships in 40K; ones that land, disgorge infantry, and stick around laying down firepower. Unfortunately, none of the actual gunships (looking at you, storm raven) are any good. Also the rules for infantry disgorgement are weird. But that's true of transport vehicles en général.

I wish my Corvus Blackstar lived up to the fluff.

Its an amazing model. I can carry amazing cool kill teams. And it is worthless.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I just play deathwatch in kill team the original flavor kill team {I even still have the ad on metal ones I never built from a epoch ago}
    The reason why I do is I can paint the chapter should anything I want

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Threw my Wazbom Blastajet in my last match with my Orks. Flew up the board, whiffed all it's shots, got shot down by basic infantry.

Flyers aren't in a good place and it's kind of a shame.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Yay..........

Though I only have a knight and two armigers [I do want to get two more sets but I am torn if I want the auto cannons or the melta ones for the 3rd?} I only played them for two games vs my brother's space wolves as he wants to try again vs them and when i get the 300 termgants that horror as well {I only need something like 8? more boxes if I did the math right 144+40 from the assault swarm box and +20 from the wrath of the hive mind} so 300-204+ 96 or 8 boxes at 12 models so yeah going to work on that slowly as painting 300+ termgants is a slog worth a summer and I only did 36 before work got totally worse

Why would you do this to yourself

• Options
    Khraul wrote: »
    Threw my Wazbom Blastajet in my last match with my Orks. Flew up the board, whiffed all it's shots, got shot down by basic infantry.

Ork flyers actually are in one of the best spots for cost to shots ratio. Especially dakka jets. A lot of good lists are using a couple with freebooters. Shoot up a squishy target, get your army the +1 to hit and go nuts.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Ork flyers actually are in one of the best spots for cost to shots ratio. Especially dakka jets. A lot of good lists are using a couple with freebooters. Shoot up a squishy target, get your army the +1 to hit and go nuts.

I do like the dakkajet. It's pretty good since it lacks the variance of the Wazbomb. The poor wazbom hitting on 4's and 5's with random shots and random damage isn't worth the added points. Even with the 5++ bubble for flyers.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    More Dakka mod on a maxed out Dakkajet; up to 48 shots at 18" range for 135pts sounds like fun.

Edit: make it Bad Moons to extend that to 21" and make them AP-2 on sixes.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    First ever game of Aeronautica Imperialis. I have two Thunderbolts and two Mauraders, friend has the three Dakkajets and two Fighta Bommas. Neither have any idea what we are doing so we just fly directly at each other and end up in medium range on the first turn. My first thunderbolt unloads onto a Fightabomma and hits with all dice and just deletes the ork plane. Just absolutely tabled it. We then flew around really ineffectively the rest of the game and it ended with me having lost a single Thunderbolt and had a damaged Marauder and he had a Fighta Bomma and one DakkaJet left.

Figuring out the maneuvers in your head is very hard. Only ended up in a tailing position once the whole game with my Marauder right behind a Dakkajet but I whiffed the top turret shots.

Also I feel like the tokens for the ace maneuvers could be simplified with a dial like thing X-Wing uses, just with the numbers instead of the turns.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Oh hey I have a solution. I have about a hundred movement dials from V1 X-Wing. I just flip the two pieces of card board, write 1-8 in sharpie around the inside one and done!

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »

Yay..........

Why would you do this to yourself

The 300 termagant thing? When I won the apoc force and got the battalion long ago I saw on ebay someone was selling in their words a instant swarm I got it but with the rest of the tyranids it ended up being in storage until my unfun summer
    I said it earlier it was someone talking about building an army that has far too many to kill so blast weapons are negated but he was talking about playing with death guard and plague zombies. Someone brought up they wanted to do an all grot but stopped because it was the same 8 to 10 models over and over. I thought doing an all termagant would be fun and annoying as I would to see what would work as a leader and so on {like more of the apoc movement trays}

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Oj2nr1HjgUmpQrwV.jpg
    That sure looks like a Tau sniper exploding a sister of battle. Surprisingly graphic for GW artwork. You mostly just get to see bullets hitting armoured space marines or exploding tanks.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Hah, I love the laser dot going to the next sister in line.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    It's the one person in the entire 40k universe that was like, wait, none of these high ranking idiots are wearing helmets...

• Options
    Its such an amazing picture.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    It's the one person in the entire 40k universe that was like, wait, none of these high ranking idiots are wearing helmets...

Except those particular sisters are Novitiates (spelling?) so low in the totem pole.

• Options
    While churning away trying to decide what to do with a custom chapter I gave up and grabbed one of the BT boxes. When I first played 40k back in 3rd the buddy that got me into it let me use his Templars before I got my own Orks. With how the new BT stuff is so heavily inspired by the 3rd edition art I couldn't resist.

With that said... How many baseline intercessors/incursors/infiltrators is the right number in your average 2k SM list. I always feel like I have too many toys and not enough boots on the ground when I build a list.

I'm playing PL because my buddies and I just play crusade, at a 100PL list (roughly 2kpts) only has two five man incursor squads for some early board control and a ten man squad of crusaders.
    The rest of the list is:
    • Chaplain on bike
    • Marshall
    • Emperors Champ
    • Redemptor
    • 3 man bladeguard
    • impulsor (for the bg/marshall/champ)
    • 3 inceptors
    • 3 eradicators
    • A repulsor... because I own one and I've never used it. It's probably crap but I'm gonna stuff it full of crusaders and yeet it up the board.

The only thing I can think to drop would be the repulsor and spam 16pl more worth of troops in some combination of incursors/infiltrators/intercessors

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    My understanding is basically do minimum troops and focus on dreads for normal space marines. Being deathwatch my troops have bikes and jump packs so a bit different.

For BT might as well go cheap with assault intercessors. Also big crusader squads because it is crusade and why the hell not?

Repulsors are bad. I want to use mine because it looks cool but its bad. Not having core, lost some rules, dies to a stiff breeze because T8 isn't as cool as you think.

Also more bladeguard. Best damn looking models, and are damn good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    That sure looks like a Tau sniper exploding a sister of battle. Surprisingly graphic for GW artwork. You mostly just get to see bullets hitting armoured space marines or exploding tanks.

The Killteam trailer was pretty brutal too. Honestly I dig it, and I hope it continues. We're not making a Marvel movie here, gimme some blood and guts.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2021
    I have an insane idea for a Nurgle/DG list. Something like:

3x Blight haulers
    2x Blight Haulers
    2x PBC
    10x possessed
    20x Poxwalkers
    Plaguecaster
    Exalted GUO
    Epidemus
    5x Nurglings
    1x Beast of Nurgle

It can rez MBH, and as I kill things all of my vehicles become T8, the possessed will be S/T7 making 50 attacks that rerolls 1s, wound on 2s and Reroll 1s

I think this will be a very unfun thing to face

Vanguard on
  • Options
    My understanding is basically do minimum troops and focus on dreads for normal space marines. Being deathwatch my troops have bikes and jump packs so a bit different.

For BT might as well go cheap with assault intercessors. Also big crusader squads because it is crusade and why the hell not?

Repulsors are bad. I want to use mine because it looks cool but its bad. Not having core, lost some rules, dies to a stiff breeze because T8 isn't as cool as you think.

Also more bladeguard. Best damn looking models, and are damn good.

This so much. I've had that unpainted brick sitting on my shelf for a year and the couple of times I ran it with my space wolves for funsies it's just been terrible.

I wish so badly they'd release a 10-man transport for primaris that isn't a wannabe mainline battle tank.

If I drop the repulsor I can pop in a second redemptor and a squad of outriders or bladeguard with PL to spare.... it's probably gonna be bladeguard.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    I wish so badly they'd release a 10-man transport for primaris that isn't a wannabe mainline battle tank.

I whine about this all the time, but honestly that's what the Impulsor should have been. Transport capacity of 6 with the roof options, or transport capacity of 10 with the storm bolters/fragstorms and maybe the stubber as an upgrade options.

Also I finally got around to buying some shelves to store my models and I didn't realize how much of a problem I had until I saw a portion of it staring me in the face.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Got the first WIP pictures of my Custodes from Siege.
    ev4kDxc.jpg
    5YiYUgW.jpg
    yVj7us0.jpg

There are more with some very WIP rough stuff, but these really show the scheme I wanted and they've basically nailed it. Can't wait to see them all finished up with highlighting and such.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Those look great

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Those are very pretty. I wish I knew what silver that is. I like it a lot

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    The language on SM Outriders is that when they advance they add to their move characteristic instead of making an advance roll. This is still considered an Advance Move and you can't charge afterwards, correct? (Outside of White scars, etc)

Turbo-boost: Each time this unit Advances, do not make an Advance roll. Instead, until the end of the phase, add 6" to the Move characteristic of models in this unit.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    The language on SM Outriders is that when they advance they add to their move characteristic instead of making an advance roll. This is still considered an Advance Move and you can't charge afterwards, correct? (Outside of White scars, etc)

Turbo-boost: Each time this unit Advances, do not make an Advance roll. Instead, until the end of the phase, add 6" to the Move characteristic of models in this unit.

Yes. It is an advance. You can only charge if you have advance and charge through whatever means.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Yes. It is an advance. You can only charge if you have advance and charge through whatever means.

This does also lead to weird interactions where if you have anything which adds to an advance roll then you don't get the benefit while Turbo-boosting. E.g., Drukhari have Red Grief, which gives +2 to advance rolls, and Reavers can't benefit from that rule at all.

• Options
    I'd take a 100% chance to get 6" over a 33% chance to get 7" or 8".

• Options
    I'd take a 100% chance to get 6" over a 33% chance to get 7" or 8".

Yes, but the point is you don't get a 100% chance to get 8" (or 10", in the Reaver's case).

• Options
    I don't want to play against Reavers that can move 10", so I'm ok with this.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

The idea of an Imperial Vulture escorting a couple of Valkyries and laying down fire after they drop off Scions is what I want this game to be.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I actually have a full platoon's worth of Valkyrie Gunships with a Vulture for escort and used them with Elysian drop troops. It was very fun having them swoop in to deploy. Was it very effective? Not really. Was it cool? Hell yes! Especially with the one Valkyrie being fitted with an iPod and speakers to it could blast Vietnam era music as they deployed. That was right at the end of when I played 40k though so I only ever used them a couple of times. They still look cool on the shelf though.

In Aeronautica Imperialis news I finally made it to the local Warhammer store, which was rebranded from The Games Workshop Store at some point and I never noticed. While there I got the new Space Marine & Eldar set and the guy told me he has lots of older AI stuff in the back so when I have more time I need to go back and see what he has.