As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Outriders] Ride and die (a lot).

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Acari really sucks for nontechnos.

Once you get it down its not so bad. Strix are satan though and they're the add for a later boss

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    evilbob wrote: »
    Low damage roll so improvements to be made but the shotty is as hilarious I'd hoped.

What shotty did you get?

Also got a plague sowers legendary coat, it has a mod “to the bone” that just says “when the skill is activated”, using blighted rounds, but I don’t really see any specifics on what activates the skill. So I’m assuming it’s just on hit? Or are blighted rounds a specific mod you need with your weapon?

I can pretty much solo tier 8 expeditions and getting close to soloing 9, which has an ok legendary drop rate. But damn I hope they improve the connection when playing with randoms cos it’s a slog and some areas like lowering a totem or bosses become impossible

Prohass on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Running the strategy of selling greens, but breaking down blues/purples for mods and mats, I've been able to get myself some nice mat stockpiles. I can basically mode my gear however I want it whenever I get a new piece and really not worry about the mats much.

Was talking about that with my devastator buddy, is scrap actually useful for anything end-game? I haven't bothered vendoring stuff, I just trash it for crafting mats.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Blighted Rounds is an activated Technomancer skill that lasts until the current weapons mag runs dry. Trivially easy to get it so that you never run out of bullets thanks to the % of mag refilled effect on kill stacking.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Viking wrote: »
    Blighted Rounds is an activated Technomancer skill that lasts until the current weapons mag runs dry. Trivially easy to get it so that you never run out of bullets thanks to the % of mag refilled effect on kill stacking.

Ok so I got it while playing my devestator I assume I can access the stash and share stuff between characters?

Also echo basically I just use scrap to buy titanium from a vendor at the end of the game. Not sure if it’s useful for much else but that’s what I’ve been using it for

And is there ever a way to mod both slots of an item or is it just part of the deal?

Prohass on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Just got through an encounter in one try on Dev that took a bunch of tries on techno.

Tremors is p awesome

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Prohass wrote: »
    Low damage roll so improvements to be made but the shotty is as hilarious I'd hoped.

What shotty did you get?

I made a yellow numbers hose.
    https://youtu.be/s7wwN4FIKE4
    8lbv0mlzt5re.jpg

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Echo wrote: »
    Running the strategy of selling greens, but breaking down blues/purples for mods and mats, I've been able to get myself some nice mat stockpiles. I can basically mode my gear however I want it whenever I get a new piece and really not worry about the mats much.

Was talking about that with my devastator buddy, is scrap actually useful for anything end-game? I haven't bothered vendoring stuff, I just trash it for crafting mats.

It is if you're trying to craft something. Prices get really high but shop refreshes + random drops is a much quicker way to get what you need than just the random drops.

edit: Definitely don't sell purples and above though. The titanium is way more important.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    They should steal the thing from Division 2 where you can tag stuff as vendor, scrap for materials, or keep for modding.

• Options
    Chem plant can be softlocked by by borrowed time teleporting out of the elevator. :/

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    And I'm done with this fucking bullshit game for the day. Every time I start really enjoying it, it does bullshit like have an enemy charge under me so I'm stuck above it in a falling animation while I get killed. Which resets my whole expedition.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

It is if you're trying to craft something. Prices get really high but shop refreshes + random drops is a much quicker way to get what you need than just the random drops.

edit: Definitely don't sell purples and above though. The titanium is way more important.

I would say just save your Titanium until end game unless you're really hurting in progression; along those same lines unless a purple has a mod on it or an attribute you want to extract - I sell those too as you get far more Titanium from the scrap you can buy than from a vendor. . .at least at the high end. Purples seem to cap out at 10 (on a level 40 item) and sell for about enough to get 12.5.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    So I checked my inventory in Steam to see what trading cards I got for Outriders. Spoilered for character names, I guess?
    1- Moloch. Neat.
    2- Channa. Neat.
    3- Channa. Neat?
    4- Channa. Seriously?
    5- A foil! Cool, who i- it's Channa. WTF.

Okay then.

sig.gif
  • Options

What shotty did you get?

8lbv0mlzt5re.jpg

Jesus what’s the highest expedition tier you can solo? That thing is nuts. Doing that kind of damage on 10

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Is there any way to specifically look for multiplayer for expeditions?

Edit wait never mind found it

And game immediately crashed. Played through the whole story solo and got maybe one or two disconnects, no crashes. First attempt at multiplayer and the whole game crashes. Yeesh

Ok got into a game. The lag was so bad it was only barely playable, and abilities felt awful with the delay. Guess I’m going to have to convince some of my local friends to coop with me

The netcode definitely feels like the main culprit, here.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options

You can buy titanium at some point

• Options
    I've just been farming Acari for Titanium. Is it more efficient to buy it for scrap at endgame?

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Not to be that guy, but there is some spoilery stuff leaking out. I know a lot of you are to end game but some of us aren't yet. Posting with care is appreciated.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited April 2021

What shotty did you get?

8lbv0mlzt5re.jpg

Jesus what’s the highest expedition tier you can solo? That thing is nuts. Doing that kind of damage on 10

Stuck at 12. Survivability is absolutely garbo at the moment. Desperately need to sort my armour out but struggling to get decent drops.

edit: it's also p much strictly a solo build. enemy health scaling in groups is murder for trying to proc stuff on kill reliably.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Dac wrote: »
    I've just been farming Acari for Titanium. Is it more efficient to buy it for scrap at endgame?

Apparently selling blues and purples from expeditions gives you more than enough to buy a lot.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »

Ok so I got it while playing my devestator I assume I can access the stash and share stuff between characters?

Also echo basically I just use scrap to buy titanium from a vendor at the end of the game. Not sure if it’s useful for much else but that’s what I’ve been using it for

And is there ever a way to mod both slots of an item or is it just part of the deal?

Yes, you can freely transfer. No, you cannot mod both slots (which is a good thing for longevity, frankly).

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Discovered last night that using a resupply crate reloads your current mag as well as refills your ammo. For LMGs this is definitely faster than a standard reload.

Forest question
    Chrysalid boss, how are you supposed to avoid the phase 1 breath attack? I've been cheesing it with Gravity Leap immunity but no idea what I'm supposed to do next time I come through. Also this thing has way too much HP and no weak spot. Getting to phase 2 takes forever.

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    Discovered last night that using a resupply crate reloads your current mag as well as refills your ammo. For LMGs this is definitely faster than a standard reload.

Forest question
    Chrysalid boss, how are you supposed to avoid the phase 1 breath attack? I've been cheesing it with Gravity Leap immunity but no idea what I'm supposed to do next time I come through. Also this thing has way too much HP and no weak spot. Getting to phase 2 takes forever.

Oh take cover behind any of the rocks. Possibly the only time cover is useful

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    And I'm done with this fucking bullshit game for the day. Every time I start really enjoying it, it does bullshit like have an enemy charge under me so I'm stuck above it in a falling animation while I get killed. Which resets my whole expedition.

one time i had a brood mother jump on me, pinning my character to the wall and causing the camera to enter her head. because when enemies are contacting ur collision box u cant roll in that direction (even though u can when against a wall) i literally was unable to move or do anything until death

the roll being disabled by enemies but not walls is actually galactic brain trolling i kind of respect it

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Carpy wrote: »

Forest question

Oh take cover behind any of the rocks. Possibly the only time cover is useful
    Also, if you want weak spots you need to shoot the little bulbs on it until they burst. That strips away its skin to create a weak spot where the section of bulbs were.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    Spoilery free question about the end game: Is there a point of no return moment, or once I finish the story can I go back and do all these side quests/hunts/bounties?

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Last night I somehow ended up on top of a chest when my friend opened it, launching me into the ceiling. Which was hilarious.

Also hilarious, that friend had just gotten the game and was starting out. And none of us had characters that were at her level, closest being my trickster who was a few ahead and I didn't want to double up classes with her. So two of us rolled fresh characters and just jumped in with her. She was level 4 and just starting out on quest to fight Gauss. It was pretty rough. Especially since my other friend, playing the devastator, didn't have pants and refused to buy any to fill the slot. We ended up going back and doing the payback mission twice and were able to beat him the second time around. Still pretty hairy.
    We then did most of the first quest in the next zone (up to the cable car).

Still no pants though.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoilery free question about the end game: Is there a point of no return moment, or once I finish the story can I go back and do all these side quests/hunts/bounties?
    There is no point of no return.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Man my technomancer is just waltzing through stuff my devastator had issues with. Freeze dudes causing Vulnerability, pop them in the head with Blighted Round unique bolt-action sniper, do 13k damage and a 5k damage explosion in a radius that also freezes targets in the radius. Continue popping while ammo stays up.

If Outriders was a live service I'd expect the ammo regen mods to be tweaked in some way, because holy shit do these mods make it so these elemental rounds abilities have a near 100% uptime and make them absolute no-brainer choices.

But it's not. So, gonna abuse it.

• Options
    What are you using to make ammo skills work with bolt actions? Is that the weapon mod that refills your mag when you have less than 30% on a kill or something? I guess I figured that'd count the number when fired, which would be 100%. But if it's after, then yeah, as long as you can keep getting killing shots high risk reward play there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    There's that one, but the one I'm using specifically is the ability mod for Blighted Rounds that causes killing shots to restore 30% of your weapon's magazine. No additional conditional required.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I've been playing Technomancer and I haven't finished the story yet, but the game got a LOT easier once I found the blighted rounds mod that replenishes ammo. It feels too good, everything else I tried didn't even come close to the damage this does.

I can definitely see there being some sort of end game build focused around spreading toxin, vulnerability, freeze and/or weakness to all enemies in the room and having 100% uptime on blighted rounds.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Preacher wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Might try farming super early game for more auto shotty candidates. If it'sone of the shitty rusted looking ones it'll be even funnier if it turns out as good as I hope.

Devastator had a skill that makes shotguns drop more often. No idea if it actually does mind you

Heh I forgot that was a thing in their tree. Honestly as a devi I used shotguns the least. I was mostly an AR/lmr/pistols man.

Any range in which shotties were useful, it seemed better to shoot the enemy in the head with a revolver thanks to its critical multiplier.

They just never seemed to make up for the limited ammo and magazine capacity versus something that could hit more targets/apply more status's. Though I did twice get a unique shotty that looked like something from judge dredd that can levitate enemies on shooting.

I'm really late to the convo here, but there is a mod that says "When you reload while you have a shield, you don't use ammo for 5 seconds." As a Trickster, I always have shield. I reload my main, swap to shotgun, then can literally hold down the button on my auto-shotty for 5 full seconds and it uses zero ammo the whole time.

Combine that with doing more damage from behind and doing more damage after I use a movement skill and the shotty freezing, I melt captains/bosses.

Its glorious and I will never not have my auto shotty by my side.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Anybody know when the crossplay feature will be fixed? Picked this up on PC to play with a PS5 buddy and we're sad.

• Options
    Side note, here is the bolt action I described
    bolt.png

Considering my build has Vulnerability on Freeze and Toxin, +40% freeze duration, +80% effectiveness of Vulnerability, and +10% (soon +40%) damage taken by enemies that are Frozen?

Yeah I think I'm gonna upgrade this one.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Anybody know when the crossplay feature will be fixed? Picked this up on PC to play with a PS5 buddy and we're sad.

I think technically you can still play with them by manually joining, but they recommend against it because it will inevitably crash.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bolt.png

Considering my build has Vulnerability on Freeze and Toxin, +40% freeze duration, +80% effectiveness of Vulnerability, and +10% (soon +40%) damage taken by enemies that are Frozen?

Nice. I have yet to find a leggo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    bolt.png

Nice. I have yet to find a leggo.

That one came from a quest for me. All of my leggos generally did. End game has a mechanic you can guarantee them, but it requires skilled play.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Man my technomancer is just waltzing through stuff my devastator had issues with. Freeze dudes causing Vulnerability, pop them in the head with Blighted Round unique bolt-action sniper, do 13k damage and a 5k damage explosion in a radius that also freezes targets in the radius. Continue popping while ammo stays up.

If Outriders was a live service I'd expect the ammo regen mods to be tweaked in some way, because holy shit do these mods make it so these elemental rounds abilities have a near 100% uptime and make them absolute no-brainer choices.

The end game is speed running so the easiest builds to make right now are bullet mod based once people have more legendaries I think theyll experiment more. Also I suspect there will be raid bosses of some kind

• Options

The end game is speed running so the easiest builds to make right now are bullet mod based once people have more legendaries I think theyll experiment more. Also I suspect there will be raid bosses of some kind

Further proof this game should be judged more as an ARPG than a Destiny-like. The end game for most ARPG's is clear speed above all else. Minimum amount of defense not to die, than maximum death potential and movement speed. If they do add raid bosses hopefully that's where they experiment with other play styles (e.g. letting devastators actually 'tank' in some way).