As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Outriders] Ride and die (a lot).

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Feels like drops got nerfed across the board, every hunter bounty was dropping one purple maybe at wt 14, and mooks not at all. Like I cleared 4 hunter/person bounties and had 14 blues and 3 purps, that's terrible.

At least when you finish all of them you still get a legendary, but god damn the drops are pathetic.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Feels like drops got nerfed across the board, every hunter bounty was dropping one purple maybe at wt 14, and mooks not at all. Like I cleared 4 hunter/person bounties and had 14 blues and 3 purps, that's terrible.

At least when you finish all of them you still get a legendary, but god damn the drops are pathetic.

Yeah I'm glad it was just a case of poorly written patch notes, one less thing to be mad about since it sounds like you still can do the repeatable guaranteed legendary. It's just the exploit that was fixed, whew.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    It's shift on PC, and yeah, hovering over average item level explains it. At my average level of 35, I have almost 1500 bonus hp.

e: Also I've gotten like 15 purple drops in the last 30 minutes just doing rando stuff...RNG gonna RNG.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Just finished the campaign at level 29, WT 10.

Story stuff...
    It was okay, but the pacing was too jumpy for me. Characters are introduced you interact with for five minutes than off you go.

I liked some of what they did near the end, but having the anomaly be caused by space wannabe Hitler who happened to jury rig the blown up ship to beat us here? Just wasn't that satisfying. They give almost no explanation to other big characters like Seth and Moloch, or hell Yagak for what matter. Speaking of which, why are Moloch and Yagak alive post credits? I stomped them both, Yagak twice, but both are alive? I know Altered can die, so why wouldn't I kill them both? I probably need to read more of the notes and codex entries because just playing the game there are so many things that make little sense.

Of course, at the end of the day I don't come to a looter shooter for it's riveting story....so I guess the fact that it kept me mostly interested until the very end is an accomplishment. Even if I do find a lot of that end pretty unsatisfying.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    For fucks sake the games marker on your minimap might as well be fucking with you half the time. Just have a proper map, a million games have already figured this out

Also gnome in answer to your question
    moloch doesn’t actually die, he like nukes you and bugs out, but you can fight him in an expedition. As for yagak I think he may be immortal, like the anaomoly powers him and he just recharges later. But yeah the story bugged me with how Seth just dies and it’s like, oh ok that mysterious altered with an agenda and a backstory is apparently irrelevant? Also I don’t know if you actually see a vision of him dying or not, because if felt like you were supposed to see a vision and it glitched, but it could just be lazy framing. I hope they like bring Seth back for dlc or something and he regenerates, cos his presence was completely fumbled from an interesting introduction to him just dying off screen and contributing nothing

Prohass on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Just finished the campaign at level 29, WT 10.

Story stuff...
    It was okay, but the pacing was too jumpy for me. Characters are introduced you interact with for five minutes than off you go.

I liked some of what they did near the end, but having the anomaly be caused by space wannabe Hitler who happened to jury rig the blown up ship to beat us here? Just wasn't that satisfying. They give almost no explanation to other big characters like Seth and Moloch, or hell Yagak for what matter. Speaking of which, why are Moloch and Yagak alive post credits? I stomped them both, Yagak twice, but both are alive? I know Altered can die, so why wouldn't I kill them both? I probably need to read more of the notes and codex entries because just playing the game there are so many things that make little sense.

Of course, at the end of the day I don't come to a looter shooter for it's riveting story....so I guess the fact that it kept me mostly interested until the very end is an accomplishment. Even if I do find a lot of that end pretty unsatisfying.
    They're alive because they're reused as bosses in expeditions.

Reusing them? Fine. Repeatable content is always kinda dumb with dead people coming back to life.

Having them alive in your credits sequence after finishing the story during which you killed them? Dumb as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I never interpreted moloch as
    dying in that fight. Like hes a walking explosion fire man, and it felt like he nuked and teleported out. But there are multiple cutscenes in the game that have some shoddy editing going on where it’s not exactly clear what’s happened. Like the short haired girl leaving, then suddenly being back, etc

Prohass on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2021
    Prohass wrote: »
    dying in that fight. Like hes a walking explosion fire man, and it felt like he nuked and teleported out. But there are multiple cutscenes in the game that have some shoddy editing going on where it’s not exactly clear what’s happened. Like the short haired girl leaving, then suddenly being back, etc

Bailey, close to the end:
    Yeah, Bailey felt really jarring. "Oh, I got some random Altered powers, I'ma kill you now... oh, never mind, no harm done, I'll be your gun vendor now."

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Echo wrote: »

Bailey, close to the end:
    Yeah, Bailey felt really jarring. "Oh, I got some random Altered powers, I'ma kill you now... oh, never mind, no harm done, I'll be your gun vendor now."

Actually the scene I was talking about was
    at the quarry, she says she’s going back to corrigan, then she’s in the cutscene shooting the thing. Like yeah it kind of makes sense, she doubled back, it was just odd. I actually think her story was really close to working, but it was a bit too quick of a turn around and not enough detail. Like I would’ve liked to explore her feelings of helplessness and powerlessness in relation to corigan and just having to survive in trench town which led her to succumb to rage and the temptation of power so quickly. But instead it all comes off a bit rushed and requires the player to do most of the narrative heavy lifting in their head

Still, the fact that I cared enough to notice the flaws in the story is kind of a testament to how much I came to actually find myself invested in it in the end

On another note I wish bounties had a random like line before you killed them, then your outrider could say something cheesy before you shoot. The current little “cutscene” is so weird and sterile. I’m also a big fan of cutscenes having you press the trigger button to fire. Just add something to it cos it’s so goofy looking as is

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Seriously tho this game desperately needs an on screen objective marker, because sometimes the minimap one doesn’t update, other times it whips around and leads you in circles. I’m like ffs it shouldn’t be this hard to find my way around such small environments, it makes doing bounties and hunts a pain in the ass

Prohass on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Seriously tho this game desperately needs an on screen objective marker, because sometimes the minimap one doesn’t update, other times it whips around and leads you in circles. I’m like ffs it shouldn’t be this hard to find my way around such small environments, it makes doing bounties and hunts a pain in the ass

Yeah, I've had a whole lot of cases where it gets locked to the "objective done" one and won't update until I go back to the lobby.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Another thing I’m noticing on hunts and bounties is that 90% of the time there’s ammo when you enter an area, and 10% of the time there’s not. And it’s always that 10% that fucks me

At least expeditions are fairly good at ammo placement

I wish I could set a preference for joining a multiplayer game of “don’t connect me if it’s a red connection”, cos like, it’s just a waste of everyone’s time. Honestly they get a few more days from me on the multiplayer front and then I’m giving up. If it’s not joining red connections, it’s failed joins, getting booted, the game crashing, and this is all on console

That or you join for expeditions and you’re just plonked in some guys camp while he stands in the expedition menu

Prohass on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It'd also be nice if the questlog tells you you can't complete a quest yet, because the area you need hasn't been unlocked.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I think bigjaw is the most annoying and bullshit fight in the game. It’s the only one that still gives me trouble. And what’s worse is it doesn’t reset properly when you die, and you have to cancel it and walk back to get the mission again

Also I’ve run like dozens of expeditions up to like level 10 and I haven’t gotten any legendaries. It’s ridiculous

Seriously, doing multiple Tier 10 expeditions with full groups, laggy as hell of course and barely playable, and getting no legendaries, just isn’t fun. This part of looter shooters always sucks

Prohass on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    The sign-in process on a PS4 is absurd. Sometimes you're right in, and just now it took more than 10 minutes of actual Earth time.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The two bugs I get pretty reliably are 1) First time I log in there's no HUD, and 2) no enemy shooting animations.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Yeah I still get hit by invisible bullets. I also have to at least go back to lobby at least once of the start of every game.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the interaction between status effects and skill leech is pretty funny

i havent died once going from wt 9 to 14 with a zero hp and defenses build purely because i have effectively infinite health so long as dots are ticking

not sure this is quite intended?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Christ finally got a legendary after like 10 expeditions , and it’s for a skill set I don’t use. Ah well it’s something

It’s frankly ridiculous that they’re doing like nerfs and balance changes while the multiplayer is in such a state. They should be raining legendaries down on anyone like me who’s still trying to play multiplayer despite its wretched condition

Prohass on
  • Options
    the interaction between status effects and skill leech is pretty funny

i havent died once going from wt 9 to 14 with a zero hp and defenses build purely because i have effectively infinite health so long as dots are ticking

not sure this is quite intended?

It’s intended, once you get to expedition tiers that when you run into trouble when for a nanosecond the constant stream of health leach stops and you instantly die

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    thats the best part

i can die free once every 2 minutes and it doesnt matter because pyro

the dots never go down anyway because they all last 5seconds plus and are applied on literally everything. its also unlisted but im reasonably sure slow is affected by status effect: in theory it should only be 30% on bigger mobs / bosses but they are moving in slow motion. also you get like 60% free more damage vs everything because you can get cheapo tier 2 mods that give 15% vs bleed/toxic and 20% vs burn, then ignite ammo + toxic on weapon + bleed on crit, then free shots vs burn / ammo regen on kill toxic/bleed...

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Yeah the Phoenix pyro ability has been a life saver. I’m halfway through WT 13 and still in the main story.

Pyro wise running with ash blast/eruption/thermal detonate x 2. Stopping a mob leads to explosive death and big heals. Long as something is on fire it’s doing a good job of healing incoming damage.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I think bigjaw is the most annoying and bullshit fight in the game. It’s the only one that still gives me trouble. And what’s worse is it doesn’t reset properly when you die, and you have to cancel it and walk back to get the mission again

Also I’ve run like dozens of expeditions up to like level 10 and I haven’t gotten any legendaries. It’s ridiculous

Seriously, doing multiple Tier 10 expeditions with full groups, laggy as hell of course and barely playable, and getting no legendaries, just isn’t fun. This part of looter shooters always sucks
    It's funny, I ran Bigjaw before the story mission you get at the same time, so when a version of that creature popped up in the story I guess it's supposed to be a big deal, but... NOPE.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

Yeah, I've had a whole lot of cases where it gets locked to the "objective done" one and won't update until I go back to the lobby.

Yeah last night in the last forest zone it was constantly pointing at the door for whatever sidequest I'd previously done. On 2 different characters. Never seen that one before.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I mean I'm on world tier 14 running bounties and even epic drops feel direly underwhelming. LIke I did 3 bounties and only got 3 epics and like 10 blues at world tier 14.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Yeah last night in the last forest zone it was constantly pointing at the door for whatever sidequest I'd previously done. On 2 different characters. Never seen that one before.

the quest line marker has been wrong in literally every single case i have tried to use it

10+ times

i have no idea why. it will lead you into an area, then out again, try and take you through impassable barriers,, etc. utterly baffling

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Re Bailey, and some of the other characterization really:
    Because most of it is optional, it's easy to miss. Some of it comes from direct conversation tree options, parts are just barks when you exit the store or are in proximity to her and stuff. In particular, once you get to the forest she mentions that she would slit your throat if you weren't mostly immortal. At least once she mentions that she deserved that power, not you. And some other times that coming with you was a mistake. But forest Bailey cranks her inevitable betrayal vibes to 11, it's just a matter of when.

The journal entry you get later puts this lead up into exposition.

I didn't do much walkby between August arriving and getting to the gate/her taking action, but I imagine she would have continued on that simmering path.

When she finally wakes up, I also missed a lot of the barks since I went immediately to the next part, but she starts off with "why didn't you kill me", etc, etc. but there's probably her coming to terms with being paralyzed.

In short, if you're just running through and don't have the subtitles on, it's easy to miss bits.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    It has almost always been right for me, which is why it was so weird to be suddenly wrong. Other than quests which span multiple zones, especially if it's in a zone you haven't unlocked yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I have no idea why the map doesn't show where the player currently is on the map.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

It's funny, I ran Bigjaw before the story mission you get at the same time, so when a version of that creature popped up in the story I guess it's supposed to be a big deal, but... NOPE.

Huertas is still worse than bigjaw, because its two of those fuckers and you get the bird fuck you before that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I have no idea why the map doesn't show where the player currently is on the map.

cmon outrider reading maps is part of the training

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I mean I usually have to look at the map and then look for landmarks to figure out where the f I'm going.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    How much end game is there? After the story is completed? Is it just grinding your WT to 15 and your level to 30, and trying to leggo up?

• Options
    I mean I usually have to look at the map and then look for landmarks to figure out where the f I'm going.

tbh same memes aside its actually kind of annoying

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    How much end game is there? After the story is completed? Is it just grinding your WT to 15 and your level to 30, and trying to leggo up?

There are also challenge tiers for the expeditions, which are the primary end game content. But yes, the entire idea is to get top level gear with the stats and secondary/tertiary mods you want.

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »

if you do side quests you should be 30/wt15 a little before the campaign finishes so mainly gonna be loots

i hit 30/wt15 just before going into the second desert area

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

tbh same memes aside its actually kind of annoying

Oh its atrocious I didn't mean that as a good thing, its a bitch trying to figure out landmarks with how samey flag areas can be.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Man, I hit 30 at max WT 7, and 7 was frustrating af and I went down to 5. Y'all getting to 15 before the campaign is over be crazy.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »
    Man, I hit 30 at max WT 7, and 7 was frustrating af and I went down to 5. Y'all getting to 15 before the campaign is over be crazy.

Yeah don't take that to be true of everyone like I finished at WT12 having done everything.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Im WT15 playing coop with @Viking almost 100% of the time. Im a devastator, hes a technomancer. Since about WT8 hes been carrying the entire team his toxic bullet spec, putting out enough damage to DESTROY things before I can get them down to even 50%. It really really depends on your spec and class on your ability to solo the WTs. I went full defensive on my Devastator (buying into the 'tank' idea) but I couldn't kill anything, even with my longer living.

There is 0% chance I could have solo'd my way through to WT15 without Viking. Or if I could it wouldn't be fun and interesting at all, I'd be forced to spec in a very specific way to make it.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.