As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Outriders] Ride and die (a lot).

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    A lot of it depends on build. Bailey was hell on my shotty trickster, but it was cake on my pyro.

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    When the gamepass for pc version actually loads me in and doesnt immediately CTD when clicking start, I am having a buncha fun.

Trickster class is 100% my jam, love the slowing and zipping around abilities paired with a shotgun to mulch baddies.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I wonder if they ever fixed the damage disparity between tactical ARs and everything else (and sharpshooter ARs being literally trash). I always saw people saying it was obviously the result of an error where tactical (burst-fire) variant ARs have the damage per bullet the single shot ARs should have and vice versa, resulting in them being overwhelmingly higher DPS (and sharpshooters being useless).

I kinda hate how burst-fire weapons feel in games, which is unfortunate when they seem to always be way stronger than single-shot guns in, like, every shooter I play.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Aretè wrote: »
    When the gamepass for pc version actually loads me in and doesnt immediately CTD when clicking start, I am having a buncha fun.

Trickster class is 100% my jam, love the slowing and zipping around abilities paired with a shotgun to mulch baddies.

Yeah sometimes I just have to reboot my PC and then it works fine.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Assuming it's an issue on the Start Screen, the things I've found helpful are leaving the Start Screen up for a little bit before interacting with it and launching multiple clients (3-4) at the same time assuming one of them won't crash. Hopefully they fix this at some point.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »

Assuming it's an issue on the Start Screen, the things I've found helpful are leaving the Start Screen up for a little bit before interacting with it and launching multiple clients (3-4) at the same time assuming one of them won't crash. Hopefully they fix this at some point.

I also found that sometimes you can alt+tab out and then back in and it works.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Re-doing a bounty/hunt questline gets you the same legendary you got the first time, right?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    DecatusDecatus Registered User regular
    My understanding is that if you redo all 10 bounties /hunts, you get a semi-random legendary in exchange. Hunts provide armor, Wanted Bounties give weapons, afaik.

PSN: decatus90
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Grislo wrote: »
    Re-doing a bounty/hunt questline gets you the same legendary you got the first time, right?

Redoing the hunts gets a random legendary. Guns for bounties and armor for monster hunts.
    You can "pick" the armor by turning in all the quests going to the shop before you leave Noahs menu seeing what you got then restarting. Turn in all but one first though otherwise it takes forever

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Hmm, I was sure it locked itself to the first one you got.

Might redo the armour one on my technomancer then..

• Options
    Hmm, I was sure it locked itself to the first one you got.

Might redo the armour one on my technomancer then..

As long as you exit the game before you leave the menu you can keep trying for whatever you'd like

If you are a low enough CT you can also reroll Tiagos shop for 100 resources so some people have a dummy character ( Im not sure of the exact method here though it involves having high level buddies help though)

• Options
    Yeah, it's just an alt, but I did all the bounty stuff on characters way back when. But a quick rerun of the bounties would be an easy legendary at this point.

The Tiago re-roll tends to reset itself though, so make sure you can buy something right away if you do it.

• Options
    Yeah, it's just an alt, but I did all the bounty stuff on characters way back when. But a quick rerun of the bounties would be an easy legendary at this point.

The Tiago re-roll tends to reset itself though, so make sure you can buy something right away if you do it.

Apparently you do it so the CT1 character ends up with 40k resources so you can buy pretty much everything once it pops up

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i'm playing this on PC Gamepass with two friends and it's pretty damn fun.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Unfortunately my buddy abandoned this game in lieu of Satisfactory (dude is playing single player and is well into Phase 6 which is insane) and so my Outriders journey has probably come to an end.

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Reinstalled and checked things out. My Technomancer, Trickster, and Devastator all felt really good after a little tweaking. Not having to rush the expeditions is refreshing even if I have to keep reminding myself that it's ok to slow down and even take cover now.

AngrySquirrel on
    Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    Whats the best shotgun type? Im adding ult Claymore to my Devastator and need one for crowd control

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    we're on world stage 8 btw. very nasty

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Finished up the campaign after dinging WT15 just before the final boss. Not sure we're going to go into expeditions. Maybe later.

• Options
    Kamar wrote: »
    Finished up the campaign after dinging WT15 just before the final boss. Not sure we're going to go into expeditions. Maybe later.

If you do stay at CT 1 for a bit. Tiago rerolls are cheaper there and if you want an armor set its faster to grind resources for them there

• Options
    edited December 2021
    So each of the 4 new expeditions has a secret area after you collect the pods they each award a new unique epic
    The hardest one is the nomads haven which has a secret boss that requires you to find hidden skulls to activate a new quest. It will also give you a random peice of legendary armor the first time you beat it

King Riptor on
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Arise thread, new xpac is coming in June

- Standalone level 30 campaign
    - - can create new characters at level 30
    - new tree for each class
    - paragon levels
    - new world tier system called apocalypse
    - triple mod legendaries will drop after certain apocalypse levels
    - new items

None of which is in the below trailer, have to click through to their reddit post for details

Carpy on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Nice! I'll have to reinstall and poke around a bit.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I got an email from SE earlier today about this too. I guess I’m cautiously optimistic depending on the cost of the expansion.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Xbox store has it at $40 ($35 with Gamepass) for just the expansion or $60 for the base game +expansion. That's pretty steep, may wait for a sale

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Huh, I'm fucking shocked this game is getting an expansion but I'm 100% down. I liked Outriders and the dev's commitment to it is laudable. If I can shortcut straight to 30 to try new characters and builds without having to slog the campaign over and over that'll be enough to get me back in past the new campaign content.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I think both the story and the game design shattered into a million pieces well before the end of the game, so I'm very leery of more of it. I would hope for the expansion to show up on Gamepass like that Gears 5 DLC, but I guess SE burgled all the profits of taking that deal and the dev was left with nothing. So in that case, seems like no chance that they'd want to do such a thing.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Carpy wrote: »
    Arise thread, new xpac is coming in June

- Standalone level 30 campaign
    - - can create new characters at level 30
    - new tree for each class
    - paragon levels
    - new world tier system called apocalypse
    - triple mod legendaries will drop after certain apocalypse levels
    - new items

None of which is in the below trailer, have to click through to their reddit post for details

I remember seeing a teaser vid or something with that lady in it months ago, but then I forgot because I didn't feel like relearning how to play the game plus I never did all those challenges for every class and whatnot, lol.

but this is cool.

The most important question though:

Will this expansion make it so you can pick any hairstyle you want or add new hairstyles? >_>

I mean, they added the full transmog iirc but why not this?!

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Oh neat. I can roll a new devastator and gear her up properly now.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    new expansion is very nice

new build stuff is good for rewarding previously underwhelming stats or combinations of stats

new story content is short but fun with a nice new endgame dungeon thingy

overall its a very solid improvement to the game and certainly makes building characters much more interesting than the slightly bland initial release, i would say worth giving a go for anybody who found it at least somewhat engaging first time round

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Is the single player any better?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    depends what you found annoying before i suppose

i havent played multi and have been soloing all the endgame stuff fine so its certainly fine for that (and if you are on pc with an nvidia card you can press alt+f2 to pause the whole game using nvidia photo mode which gets round the "i cant pause my singler player game" problem lol)

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I'm not sure if this was on a tool tip or whatever and I missed it, but once you complete the new 'trials', the next time you enter it go straight ahead and enter the 'catacombs', for a short cut to an extra boss fight.

Also, make sure you do the first boss in the trials for the last pax point. Difficulty doesn't matter.

The new skill trees add some pretty nice power and fun options, and the third random perk can give you some crazy legendaries.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

i havent played multi and have been soloing all the endgame stuff fine so its certainly fine for that (and if you are on pc with an nvidia card you can press alt+f2 to pause the whole game using nvidia photo mode which gets round the "i cant pause my singler player game" problem lol)

Did they change how dieing works when doing endgame levels? The thing that always got me was if I was in multiplayer, we could revive each other, so an accidental death wasn't too bad. But single player, one oops dead and back to the beginning you go.

• Options
    Nope, and it still sucks.

The new trial mode/dungeon has retries (I think you get 4 lives?) though, with save points along the way.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »

Did they change how dieing works when doing endgame levels? The thing that always got me was if I was in multiplayer, we could revive each other, so an accidental death wasn't too bad. But single player, one oops dead and back to the beginning you go.

no but ive been building fairly glass cannon full ap primary stat pyro / technomancer and if you keep your gear up and play sensibly it isnt particularly bad as solo well into the higher apocalypse levels

there are a bunch of ridiculous defensive armour mods that you can abuse to essentially nix one death every 5 seconds eg the shield proc on hitting sub 30% hp that has a 5s cooldown and a few others

some stuff theyve added also makes cc focused defense much stronger eg technomancer getting strip interruption resistance from an elite with interrupt skills on a 7s cooldown that is frankly extremely spicy

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I've been running the martyr set on my pyro, which adds a silly amount of survivability. But, sometimes it seems to glitch out, or maybe some enemies do a damage type that just cuts through the set bonus, not really sure.

• Options
    I've been running the martyr set on my pyro, which adds a silly amount of survivability. But, sometimes it seems to glitch out, or maybe some enemies do a damage type that just cuts through the set bonus, not really sure.

some enemies probs have resistance piercing

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    That shouldn't matter for that set (except maybe make the damage ticks a bit bigger), but I think there are quite a few bugs and just general weirdness. But I could be super wrong about how it works. It's still really good at making you not die though.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    ya ive just noticed that i tend to see wonkiness with enemy skills as opposed to normal attacks which makes me think theres some mobs who just out of the blue are making resist not work

also some new pax points don't work as you would expect

eg in technomancer "every time you apply toxic you apply a bonus status" doesn't work with blighted rounds for some reason, but DOES with pain launcher making it instantly stack a full debuff stack on a single target if close

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png