As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Legends of Runeterra] Definitely not Neeko! Nope!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Those two changes (Poppy and Young Witch) don't feel like enough, but I guess we'll see.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Holy shit, Santa Braum's alt art looks like he fucks!

0lqcvmu4y2n3.jpg

The level up animation is cute too!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    To me the right change with Poppy would be to require that she attack.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Thawmus wrote: »

You mean, Poppy only buffs units attacking with her?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    MNC Dover wrote: »

You mean, Poppy only buffs units attacking with her?

Yeah, exactly. I'd also maybe not have her level up grant +2/+2 but honestly I don't think I've seen Poppy level up much.

Thawmus on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I think it's fair to be gentle with changes that are accompanied with new cards

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Poppy's level-up is pretty much irrelevant. If you attack with her three times someone has already won.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Rumble Sion is so braindead. Just dump stats

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Rumble Sion is so braindead. Just dump stats

WAAAAAAAARR!
    (Seems in flavor.)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I love the change of the intro loading screen from Ashe on a mountain to a slideshow of in-game card art and flavor text.

v4jfx3ua0qpy.png

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Yeah, this set enables recall shenanigans in exactly the way I wanted. Ahri in particular enables some very fun shenanigans. Especially fun is Dancing Droplet next to a leveled Ahri, since she makes the recalled droplet free to play again. It's also really satisfying when Ahri levels due to the recall she triggers, causing her to surprise recall-chain down your line. Pretty sure I caught an opponent who didn't realize that was about to happen.

There seems to be a visual bug with Ahri where the reduced costs aren't showing correctly, though.

• Options
    I tried a little of the Kennen/EZ deck last night, going 1-1. My loss was a sure-fire win, except I didn't draw EZ, who was stuck in the bottom 13 cards of my deck. Still got the opponent down to 5 Nexus health, so I'm going to say this deck feels strong and definitely fun.

Also, don't Entomb an enemy Pantheon unless you absolutely will win on the next turn. Because, his ability is on summon, so....

loco89zws81j.png

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I've been trying out Pantheon decks a couple times this morning and I fucking like it a lot.

EDIT: I also like how there's a lot of decks with Pantheon in it. There's Pantheon/Taric of course, but there's also Pantheon/Kalista, and Pantheon/Akshan, and Pantheon/Zoe, and Pantheon/Shyvana/Jarvan, and Pantheon/Riven.

Thawmus on
  • Options
    My dream is to use Syncopation to move a leveled Ahri into a Blade Dance so that she pops all the way down the line of blades and makes the bad guys sad.

I can't remember if Vanguard's Edge puts the unit that dances alongside the blades at the right or left end of the line, so I'm not sure if that would work with Ahri or not. But I sure hope it does!

• Options
    edited December 2021
    d5kmamr8vizm.png

The generosity of this game's economy will never cease to amaze me. I mean, yeah I could craft these champs (I did craft x3 Kennen), but why not just get them all for free? I'll probably fill out all my region roads then craft whatever is leftover.

I mean, come on...look at this insanity!

jyhi3tfojr5x.png

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Riot's going to shutdown the game due to Dover.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Jesus christ you have 50 champ wildcards? And 6 digits of shards? They'd have to release a new expansion every week to keep up with that shit.

• Options
    Jesus christ you have 50 champ wildcards? And 6 digits of shards? They'd have to release a new expansion every week to keep up with that shit.

Yeah, I'm even shocked by the amount of stuff I have. I don't feel like I play the game a lot, but I do play every day to complete my quest and PvP/PvE rewards. I'm guessing that equates to about an hour or so depending on how fast the PvP stuff goes.

It's just a metric fuck-ton of resources to earn. I think I've purchased the last 3 Event passes simply because I want to support the developers in some way, without going overboard on the cosmetics.

Meanwhile in the Heartstone thread, F2P folks are getting 4-6 legendaries for opening 50-70 packs, half of which are probably garbage. You get enough dust to craft about 2-3 more legendaries and make 1-2 viable meta decks? That's insane, and while I can't fault people for liking the gameplay loop, nobody should support that level of greed.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    At a certain point the resources just pile up. I have 96% of all cards at the moment plus the hoard:

G70q4OE.png

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Wow, how’d you get that many extra resources?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Expeditions provide excellent returns if you can consistently hit 6 to 7 wins. I get 7 in about 60% of my runs and 5+ in about 90% of them.

The extra prismatic essence is from bonus chests via ladder/seasonals.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Expeditions provide excellent returns if you can consistently hit 6 to 7 wins. I get 7 in about 60% of my runs and 5+ in about 90% of them.

The extra prismatic essence is from bonus chests via ladder/seasonals.

Ah, that makes sense. I used to do Expeditions, but then stopped once I got everything. Now I only do them when I get the Expedition quest to unlock the prismatic. Of course, I'm also bad at it and average 0-3 wins with the occasional 5-7 win run. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Had another Kennen/EZ loss to FTR where EZ didn't show up until I had 10 cards left. He dropped with 26 out of the 6 triggers he needed to level up. :D

I feel like EZ not showing up is one of the only weakness of the deck, like Yasuo in his decks.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    No prime this week unfortunately, dropped my last set to rallies. I was very surprised to not see any Ez Kennen and only one other person playing Poppy. Her nerf was kind of irrelevent and Young Witch's has just pushed people out of Ionia into other regions. Like BC Demacia lists with a 1 drop yordle champ or the updated Lulu Jinx style lists with Flame Chompers.

Match Score (3-1)
    Game Score (7-2)

Poppy Teemo BC Demacia (2-0) 2 bans
    CQDACAIADUAQCBAIAEBAABYBAMAA4AIEAABAQBIKFEYUK3DYUYA2OAOGAEAACAIBAAKQ

Plunder (1-2) 2 bans
    CICQCAQBAIAQGBQIAECAMCQBAUDACBQCAYFSAIJNHI6ACAYCAYKCEJQDAEAQCHIBAQAQUAQCAYBBE

Discard (4-0) 0 bans
    CECACAIDCQAQIBAQAIAQIJZNAUCQGAIEAYEQ2AQBAMCBEAYBAQASMNACAEBQGDYEAEBQEIZOGM

Game Notes
    Match 1
    Liss Malphite, Teemo Swain, Viktor GP
    I ban Teemo Swain, opponent bans Poppy Teemo
    Game 1: Discard (W) v Liss Malphite
    Game 2: Plunder (W) v Liss Malphite

Match 2
    Taric Pantheon, Ahri Kennen, Rumble Sion
    I ban Taric Pantheon, opponent bans Plunder
    Game 1: Poppy Teemo (W) v Rumble Sion
    Game 2: Discard (W) v Rumble Sion

Match 3
    Lurk, Deep, Champless Burn
    I ban Deep, opponent bans Plunder
    Game 1: Poppy Teemo (W) v Lurk
    Game 2: Discard (W) v Lurk

Match 4
    MF Scouts, Poppy Lulu, Teemo Swain
    I ban Teemo Swain, opponent bans Poppy Teemo
    Game 1: Discard (W) MF Scouts
    Game 2: Plunder (L) MF Scouts
    Game 3: Plunder (L) Poppy Lulu

• Options
    This EzKen deck is exactly my shit.

• Options
    Poppy is still OP and I'm still a salty baby

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Poppy is still OP and I'm still a salty baby

My Poppy hasn't attacked since Kennen hit the board a few days ago. :D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I've been playing Lee Sin this morning and Wounded Whiteflame is absolutely cracked. It's actually a better anti aggro play early on than Eye is, it's insane.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    I've been playing Lee Sin this morning and Wounded Whiteflame is absolutely cracked. It's actually a better anti aggro play early on than Eye is, it's insane.

What's swapped for the Whiteflames?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    If you were running other units like Pod or Solari Priestess you cut those and just run Whiteflame and Eye. If you were already on just Eye, drop the curve by cutting expensive spells like Bastion and Will or a copy of Deep Med.

• Options
    Lost my game 4 in the Gauntlet. Terrible draws first game and topdecked Pantheon into Lifesteal Scout for lethal in the second game. :(

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Fun interaction I stumbled across in the Path of Champions: if you play Kinkou Wayfinder (the Allegiance card that summons 2 1-cost units from your deck), and you have two Kennans in your deck, the Wayfinder can find them, and put them in play, giving you an immediate two of his little spark things in hand. Lots of good options at that point; if nothing else, you've just summoned Kennan twice, so you're well on your way to leveling him up.

• Options
    Fun interaction I stumbled across in the Path of Champions: if you play Kinkou Wayfinder (the Allegiance card that summons 2 1-cost units from your deck), and you have two Kennans in your deck, the Wayfinder can find them, and put them in play, giving you an immediate two of his little spark things in hand. Lots of good options at that point; if nothing else, you've just summoned Kennan twice, so you're well on your way to leveling him up.

Way finder is probably the single best card in the Kennen deck. Playing it on curve is often game winning.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Topically, today's patch notes:

Poppy -1 attack (2/3, 3/4)
    GP -1 health (5/4, 6/5)
    Yordle Explorer trigger to +1 attack only
    God Willow Seedling to countdown 3
    Kinkou Wayfinder now summons two different 1 drops.

Yilias on
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I like those tweaks.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    If I put enough time in I'm pretty sure I could hit some upper tiers on Pantheon decks alone. They're so much goddamn fun.

I do wish Fated would resolve right away, I get caught now and then forgetting that it triggers well after everything else. I've used Single Combat so many times to get the upper hand, only to remember far too late that it won't trigger Fated beforehand.

• Options
    Those patch notes are a Christmas gift come early! I love that the developers not only mad good changes, but they did it off schedule. Shows they're listening and I love it.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    r i p all my decks

• Options
  • Options