As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Second Annual [Quarantimes] Thread

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Thanks! Partial toilet service has been restored, and my partner made the best giant fluffy pancakes earlier. Now we're waiting on her parents and her sister's family to get here so we can get started on activities. Also, the sun is out for a change today!

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Happy berfday!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Oh man, I wanna go to centralia so bad.

An old boss told me about his first exploration geology job. He had to get off a train that ran all the way through the deserts of Australia, east-west. The train didn’t actually stop, so he had to jump off while it was still moving. They did slow down for him, at least.

The town was an old mining town that had become a ghost town. There was one weird old dude that lived there by himself. My boss said it was one of the creepiest thing he’s ever experienced. He had to wait 3 days 2 nights for his crew to arrive by 4WD and take him to the drill site

this is straight up a horror movie setup

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The rattling noise my car makes is due to a loose skid plate, thankfully no big deal

What a relief

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

An old boss told me about his first exploration geology job. He had to get off a train that ran all the way through the deserts of Australia, east-west. The train didn’t actually stop, so he had to jump off while it was still moving. They did slow down for him, at least.

The town was an old mining town that had become a ghost town. There was one weird old dude that lived there by himself. My boss said it was one of the creepiest thing he’s ever experienced. He had to wait 3 days 2 nights for his crew to arrive by 4WD and take him to the drill site

Yeah that old weird dude that lived there was a ghost. Your old boss met a ghost.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Yeah that old weird dude that lived there was a ghost. Your old boss met a ghost.

Seems like a pretty chill ghost at least, so coulda been worse.

• Options
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

Seems like a pretty chill ghost at least, so coulda been worse.

being in the middle of the outback alone with a ghost is roughly as bad as it gets

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I can think of maybe 63 worse things, including being alone in the outback without a ghost for company.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited June 2021

Right? This was in a pre Wolf Creek movie world.

E: incidentally I couldn’t watch that movie; I know too many people exactly like that (minus the killing, I hope!) to enjoy it.

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Wolf Creek was an awful viewing experience

• Options
    You wouldn’t be able to drink in any outback pub again after watching that movie!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I'm not sure I could drink in any Outback Pub beforehand, all they serve is Australian beer.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'd hang out with a ghost

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    depends on the ghost. like an OG with a hundred years of stories would be cool

but an old white guy would just complain about breakfast

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Tbh after this last year any pub will do me!

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

I bet there are at least a few pubs that aren't into you that much.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

solar is a handsome chap, and any pub serving fosters on tap already has low standards

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    I'm not sure I could drink in any Outback Pub beforehand, all they serve is Australian beer.

This post is a damning indictment of Foster's.

• Options

This post is a damning indictment of Foster's.

it is my understanding that aussies and kiwis view fosters about the same as we view bud

it's cheap pisswater that foreigners are fond of for some reason

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    australia exports all their foster's for a reason

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Australia surely has a good local beer scene. Almost everywhere that isn't utterly dominated by wine culture has some good local brewery culture.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

Wrong :cool:

• Options
    Solar has fucked every pub and he'll do it again

• Options
    And then a third time! Apart from Wetherspoons. Shithole

• Options
    Wetherspoons got caught running a pretty shady "come drink during COVID" astroturf campaign so fuck 'em

• Options

*gasp*

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    man, stopping duloxetine has made me just, super duper emotional

I was smoking a cigarette and a bunny came up to the porch door and I was like "hey li'l guy what's up"

and then a second bunny hopped over and they booped snoots and I'm like "oh god there's so much beauty in the world"

K59ed1U.jpg

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I feel like you have to be some kind of superhero stoic to not emotionally crumble at the sight of two bunnies booping snoots

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    There's a family of what I'm pretty sure is a killdeer or some kind of plover bird that's made its residence at work.

So every morning when I leave or come in they're all scuttling around doing their toots and tweets and they've got one chick that looks exactly like the adults but tinier and poofier that scuttles around and does even tinier toots and tweets.

I love them very much.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I got put on another blood pressure medicine and I don't like the list of side effects.

Well it's a low dose... Also Hopefully if I keep losing weight I won't have to be on it super long anyway.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    There's a family of what I'm pretty sure is a killdeer or some kind of plover bird that's made its residence at work.

So every morning when I leave or come in they're all scuttling around doing their toots and tweets and they've got one chick that looks exactly like the adults but tinier and poofier that scuttles around and does even tinier toots and tweets.

I love them very much.

Your plovers sound a lot more chill than ours

As soon as ours have babies they start dive-bombing anything that's not a plover within a 500m radius, including but not limited to: dogs, me, a tank, the local ice cream truck, a house, a suspicious tree

• Options

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
  • Options
    By 10am today we had broke camp, gone into the nearest town for food and coffee, burned asphalt back to Seattle, unpacked all our camping gear into our new apartment(it had been all in my old place that I'm soon to fully move out of), built a brand new Ikea bed, dumped garbage, and gone grocery shopping.

• Options
    I feel like you have to be some kind of superhero stoic to not emotionally crumble at the sight of two bunnies booping snoots

I didn't see boop snoots but while camping, there was wild clover and if you were quiet enough in the evenings, rabbits would come up and start munching on the clover.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Is Facebook showing drastically more suggested posts to people or is it just a symptom of how few people I know even post on the app anymore

My feed is now Actual Human Post - Suggested Post (e.g. did you know Aang and Korra are connected in the Avatar shows because they both had to meet air benders at some point??) - Advertisement

I'd complete the swap to Instagram and straight up delete the app from my phone, but we restart dog group training this week and I need to run the pages, sigh

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah my page is about 60-80% ads or suggestions now. I figure some of it is people using Facebook less, but also it's Facebook, so they're probably just gradually sneaking up the percentage of paid content. Irritatingly, it kind of works cause sometimes I fat finger an ad instead of the post I meant to hit

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Yeah my page is about 60-80% ads or suggestions now. I figure some of it is people using Facebook less, but also it's Facebook, so they're probably just gradually sneaking up the percentage of paid content. Irritatingly, it kind of works cause sometimes I fat finger an ad instead of the post I meant to hit

Yeah, I occasionally spend a second looking at the suggested post before realizing no one I knew actually posted it, get irritated, and scroll on

It's excessive enough to reduce my time on the app though, so thanks Zuck??

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The Laffer curve but for platform engagement. At some point everyone with any alternatives will get fed up and the whole site will be nothing but confused boomers passing around the meme equivalent of chain letters (mind you that's their main demographic so maybe they'll see that as a win)

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile, we'll all be posting on the hip new social media platform for cool kids in the know: Social Entropy++

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.