As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[New Consoles]: The Xbox Xeriex X and the PS Quintuple

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OjVSC269ds

sony state of play starts in a minute

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Ratchet and Clank looks pretty dang good

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I am so happy to see that Ratchet and Clank will likely be just as good if not better than the "original". That's how sequels should be

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Decided to pre order Village on PS5, since I have most of the RE games on the Sony side.

Guess I got a week to finally download and play through 7 and the DLC to get acquainted with who I'll be helping dodge a 9 foot succubus in Eastern Europe.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I think if you want a new console, your best bet is lottery systems
    Sony runs PlayStation Direct, which is how I got my PS5, where they put up a time to go to a website, and then everyone is randomly assigned a place in a queue to buy, if you're lucky you'll get put up to the front. You can join on multiple devices too to increase your odds, I got in on my phone but not my PC for example. I know Newegg also does a lottery system for consoles and graphics cards too.

The way I got it was to follow a dude on Twitter who was posting sale updates, and then wait for the message to pop the morning new stock dropped. I did this specifically for Target, who allocates their inventory by store, which means their inventory is harder for scalpers to gobble up immediately. I picked a store, refreshed until
    I could add it to my cart, and purchased the PS5.

This is also how one of my friends got a PS5 this week.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    That all seems like a lot of trouble.

I will simply keep playing RDR2 on my ps 4 pro until I die I guess.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I just check Target at 8:00 a.m. because that's when their in-store stock updates, and hope for the best. That's how I got my series s, so can't say it doesn't work.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I didn't really have elsewhere to put this, but I guess it fits here:
    Frank Cifaldi (Unlicensed).nes
    @frankcifaldi
    I just got word that PlayStation Official Magazine has been canceled and replaced by a new pub called Play. This was the last officially licensed console magazine available, ending a 32-year period of official mags that started with Nintendo Power #1.
    Oh and just so this doesn't come across as a bummer: it's the same mag! With the same people! They're just not paying for that official license anymore. It's just an interesting end to an era, is all I meant.

actually the end of an era, crazy that there was an official mag for this long

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Xbox just added another 50 or so games to their FPS Boost system, bringing older games up to 60 or even 120 FPS: https://majornelson.com/fpsboost/
    Some notable new inclusions include Yakuza 6 (60), Hollow Knight (120), Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (60), Alien Isolation (60), Mad Max (120/60 depending on which system), Battlefield 1, 4, Hardline, and V (120 on both for 4 and Hardline, only on Series X for 1 and V), and Watch_Dogs 1 and 2 (60)

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Update for the Playstation phone app lets you delete games from your PS5 remotely

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Nibel
    @Nibellion
    It appears that Sony has registered a trademark for Sunset Overdrive

https://tmdn.org/tmview/#/tmview/detail/US500000085983126

(Insomniac owns the IP but the original game has been on XBO/Windows only so far)
    (Nibel is a video game guy on twitter who finds news and info)
    VGC
    @VGC_News
    Sony has registered a trademark for Insomniac’s Xbox exclusive Sunset Overdrive. The game's director re-joined earlier this year, after a period working at Microsoft.

https://vgc.news/news/sony-registers-trademark-for-insomniacs-xbox-shooter-sunset-overdrive/
    (Video Games Chronicle is a gaming news site)

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Welp, guess I'll definitely never get to play SO2 instead of most likely never get to play SO2.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I can’t believe they got this running at 60 and 4K, very impressive. Was my game of the year when it came out, and I’ve been saving the dlc and a hard mode replay for this update, looks incredible. Absolutely loved this game

https://youtu.be/prgDiyd2eIs

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    When they added a bunch of AC games to the FPS Boost list I was hoping Syndicate would be on there, but alas for now.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I managed to reserve a XSX! Not sure I'm going to pick it up, but I have until the end of next week to decide.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I managed to reserve a XSX! Not sure I'm going to pick it up, but I have until the end of next week to decide.

How does one even do that?

Steam
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    expendable wrote: »

Presumably by weighing the pros and cons of the system, and whether or not it's worth the monetary investment.

• Options

I bought it from this uk store called Argos, which does do delivery, but mostly you order then go pick your item up at a local shop. It won't actually arrive at my store until Sunday, and then they keep it for 7 days, and if you don't pick it up they just automatically refund you.

You do have to pay up front for them to do this, but they accept paypal credit, and I get 4 months interest free credit on that on anything I buy over £99, so I put it on that.

I just figured, may as well give myself the option while they were in stock.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Just got a PS5 and Returnal from the Sony Direct drop. Huzzah!

I ate an engineer
  • Options

I bought it from this uk store called Argos, which does do delivery, but mostly you order then go pick your item up at a local shop. It won't actually arrive at my store until Sunday, and then they keep it for 7 days, and if you don't pick it up they just automatically refund you.

You do have to pay up front for them to do this, but they accept paypal credit, and I get 4 months interest free credit on that on anything I buy over £99, so I put it on that.

I just figured, may as well give myself the option while they were in stock.

An option not available to me then. Rats! Thanks anyway

Steam
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i finally got my hands on a ps5 and sitting on the floor because the controller was plugged in and i couldnt wait for it to charge, playing astro's playground, looking up at the tv, and i felt like i was a kid on christmas again

and then my leg fell asleep and my back began to hurt and i remembered i am not a kid

still astro's playground is great! pretty simple but i'm loving the style and music

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    My preferred seating arrangement is still cross-legged on the floor

So far so good at 35, but I can't imagine I'll be able to keep it up forever

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    i finally got my hands on a ps5 and sitting on the floor because the controller was plugged in and i couldnt wait for it to charge, playing astro's playground, looking up at the tv, and i felt like i was a kid on christmas again

and then my leg fell asleep and my back began to hurt and i remembered i am not a kid

still astro's playground is great! pretty simple but i'm loving the style and music

Astro's is absolutely the first thing anyone should play when starting up their PS5 for the first time. What a delightful romp.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »

Astro's is absolutely the first thing anyone should play when starting up their PS5 for the first time. What a delightful romp.

i remember giant bomb, i think brad, talking about the feeling of the sand blowing in the controller and i thought "eh it can't be that great"

but then it was pretty great!

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options

What sucks about sitting like this is that one day you'll try to get up, and realize that you need to crawl to the nearest piece of furniture and climb back to your feet.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Oh man even as a kid I could not sit like that for an extended period of time.

And now with bad knees from lyme disease and the possible sciatica flare ups I have to be very particular about how I sit and have to change positions constantly.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Do you like colours?
    Cos we've got two of them

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    That cosmic red is hot

(twitter post is just pics)

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Cosmic Red seems more like...very very pink

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Yeah that's a pink

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I want a deep purple done just like that red with the black bits.

That would be the dream.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It's red in the way all of Char Aznable's mobile suits are red, which means, I want it

• Options
    It's a very metallic shade of red and very sexy.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    How the effin F do they get away with calling "midnight black" a color, that's extremely silly.
    Yes I'm biased as an XBox owner who could use Microsoft's design studio to make my controller any ding dang color I want, down to the individual bits and bobs, back when that was a thing but they're supposed to be relaunching this year but whatever, but black is one of your two colors? C'mon man.

• Options
    I'm guessing the black is going to sell like crazy. When the PS5 was announced there was a sizable amount of people who wanted an all black version and this controller seems pointed straight at them.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    How the effin F do they get away with calling "midnight black" a color, that's extremely silly.
    Yes I'm biased as an XBox owner who could use Microsoft's design studio to make my controller any ding dang color I want, down to the individual bits and bobs, back when that was a thing but they're supposed to be relaunching this year but whatever, but black is one of your two colors? C'mon man.

Because colors mean nothing in business and they will produce the most bullshit naming schemes they can think of. See also the paint swatch section of your local hardware store and its utter lies.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Are Turdly and/or Sindis Poop caused by too much Stanky Bean?

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Tag urself I'm Stummy Beige