As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

DarmakDarmak RAGEvympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
edited November 2023 in Games and Technology
warframe_logo_by_jackshepardn7-d681vst.png
PLEASE STATE WHAT SYSTEM YOU'RE PLAYING ON WHEN ASKING FOR AN INVITE TO THE PA CLANS
I still need help with the console information so chime in if something needs to be fixed or added <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7uMDdzv408
https://youtu.be/-VuYCLelIO8
We've all fucked off to Discord! https://discord.gg/Cp8Y4Dv

What is Warframe?
Warframe is a free to play, 3rd person co-op shooter, developed by Digital Extremes on the Evolution Engine and is available for for PC, XBOne, PS4, and Switch. In Warframe you play as a member of the Tenno, a group of highly skilled space ninjas armed with everything from swords and guns to magic like powers. The Tenno run an assortment of missions throughout the solar system that range from simple extermination missions to having to capture high value targets. You can play all of the missions alone, with your buddies, or with completely random pickup groups and they can be approached however you want. Whether you want to try and sneak through with stealth weaponry or just start setting the entire place on fire with your flamethrower Warframe has something for everyone’s play style!
Warframe is also big on customization. Both your weapons and your frames can be altered to have different properties by using the mods that you get from running missions. Want your bow to melt targets via corrosive damage? Shoot exploding arrows? Just straight up launch targets across the room and pin them to the first wall they hit? Yup! You can do that! Also, you can customize how your frame works via a wide pallet of colours and attachments so welcome to your new Fashion Frame obsession.

Warframe had plans for cross-platform play between the PS4 and PC but due to Sony being kind of a shitboot about crossplay that's not going to happen. Also, due to the certification process needed for console patches the PC version of the game tends to be ahead in terms of version number.
TLDR: This is the game Destiny, Anthem, etc wishes it was.
ZUYcY0R.jpg
The quick start guide for space ninjas that just want to go slit some throats right fucking now.
A Youtuber named iFlynn put together an excellent beginner's guide series of videos that will take you step by step through the game. All the way from the introduction to being a well geared ass whooper obsessing over how best to make your frame look cool. I highly recommend giving it a watch! If you just want to jump into the action then here's the quick rundown. There's also DapperMuffin's Unofficial Warframe Handbook if you want something text based that will get you caught up on the game's systems and where to go and what to do.
1.) Get Warframe installed via the official downloader from the Warframe website, Steam, the PS Store, or via Xbox One.
1a.) For PS4 users: When you download Warframe you also download a patch automatically. After booting the title with the patch, then you download an update in-game (about 250MB) before you start to play.
1b.) PS Plus users can download a free Starter Pack (you can find this separately int PlayStation Store) which includes 100 Platinum, 50,000 credits, a few free Mods (Falcon Mod pack), and 3 day Affinity/Credit booster.
2.) Create an account
3.) After logging in with your minty fresh account you will play through a short tutorial and will need to select a starter frame. They break down as follows:
Excalibur – Excalibur is easily the best pick for new players. He's easy to start with and understand, takes but stays relevant throughout the entire game. Also his #4 power lets you throw energy blades around the level like a cracked out Master Sword wielding full health Link.
Volt - An electricity based frame that can be super fun once you've got some mods slapped in him. His #2 accelerates you to damn near warp drive speeds and he has a good array of powers, but he is a little squishy so he's a little harder to start with. He's easy to acquire as you go through the game but can be fun if you're looking for a more challening start.
Mag - She's alright and has some fun powers, but can be fiddly to play and is easily acquired later on as you go through the solar system making her kind of a bad starter choice. You're better off picking her up after you have some idea of how to mod your frames and have the mods to do it.
4.) For your melee weapon the Skana is recommended as you have to build it if you don't pick it while the MK1-Bo can just be straight up purchased for credits or acquired for free via a quest.
5.) For your secondary pick whatever looks the coolest to you. They're all pretty alright.
6.) Finally, for your primary the Paris and the Braton are both equally solid starters. The Paris has a bit of a charge up time before it can fire due to needing to draw the bow first, but pierces through enemies (and nails them to walls!) while the Braton is your standard assault rifle that gets the job done.
7.) Off you go to Mercury! Start clearing missions and having fun!
pTq3bRb.jpg
The Space Knights of Arcadia – The official Penny Arcade PC clan!
The Space Knights Prime Trading Doc! A great list of who has what in the clan available for trading.
Joining a clan in Warframe grants access to the clan dojo. This is a user built base that functions as a physical hangout complete with dick around rooms like an obstacle course to practice your ninja flips in, a dueling room, and much more pertinent facilities like the research labs. Of everything you can build in the dojo the research labs are the most important. They unlock a huge array of weapons and Sentinels that are unavailable through normal means and require a communal effort via resource donation to acquire the blueprints for new weapons and items.
The Space Knights of Arcadia already have the majority of research complete (mostly because the old regulars for this game are insane) so joining up will grant you instantaneous access to all of these features! Joining is as simple as letting us know what your in-game name is in the thread, what system you’re playing on, and one of the veterans will grant you access.

Queens of Space – The official Penny Arcade PS4 clan!
For an invite to the shiny new PS4 PA clan, PM @furlion with your PSN/Warframe name. QoS has its dojo up and running so get out there and start researching more dakka! Note: Clan invites must be manually accepted/denied (options button on the main screen).

Pax Arcadia - The official Penny Arcade Switch Clan!

EkK72Ve.jpg
The big list of shit this game doesn’t tell you about.
Ok, it’s not really all that bigHAHA JUST KIDDING. There's a fair amount of information this game doesn't tell you about and trying to explain it all would involve writing an entire wiki but thankfully one of those already exists and is going to be your best friend as you play. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki I'm going to try and keep this section succinct because there are a lot of systems in this game and you're better off learning them as you go instead of feeling overwhelmed from the start. Be sure to ask any questions you have in this thread or in game.
Damage 2.0: Everything you need to know about how dealing damage works in Warframe. There's a lot of nice to know but not need to know info here so just skim it for the important bits. Namely, what the status procs do, how the status mods interact, and how crits work. Ignore the chart for what element does the most to each enemy type because it's honestly irrelevant, you'll figure out the damage meta later on and it's way more simple than it looks. It's just not anything you need to concern yourself with when starting out.
Parkour 2.0: How to do all the cool flips, dodges, and general flying around you can do in Warframe.
Mods: How mods in Warframe work.
The Plains of Eidolon: Once you start messing around in the Plains of Eidolon, PC Gamer has a pretty decent guide as to wtf is going on there.
Eidolon Hunting Guide: And once you decide to start hunting Eidolons, a Redditor put together a pretty handy guide to help new players figure that out.
Grouping: Grouping itself is pretty straight forward but what's not mentioned about it is that you can invite someone to your session and they will be able to run missions you have unlocked but they don't. After the mission is completed that player will then have that mission unlocked and will then be able to start doing all the surrounding missions.
Archwing: Archwing is a game mode that lets you strap a jetpack to your ass and fly around in space blowing shit up and is accessible later on in the game via a quest.Here's a handy guide Darmak found on Reddit with a shitload of information for those of you that want to know more! TOGSOLID'S SUPER IMPORTANT PROTIP: Go to your options and turn Experimental Flight on. Don't argue. Just do it. It's SO much better and for some reason isn't the default movement option. Without it you're gonna end up bouncing off terrain like a pinball.

Blain put together a list of what major things were added and changed as of 2017, which is awesome and also really helpful if anyone is a returning player and wants to know some of what's changed since they last played.
89a.jpg
Links to great resources and Youtube channels
Semlar's: Has a Riven value calculator and other handy tools including ones for building kit guns, zaws, and amps. The Riven Mafia haaaates this website.
DapperMuffin's Unofficial Warframe Handbook: A massive text guide to Warframe that functions like a massive manual and has a quick start guide that functions like the text version of a video new player's guide. An absolute must bookmark resource.
Warframe Hub: If it's on a timer then this website tracks it for you and tells you when it's going to expire. Alerts, day/night cycles, cold/warm cycles, etc. This is a really awesome one stop shop for tracking everything going on in game while you're playing.
The Official Warframe Drop Table: DE has made the drop tables for everything in the game public! The Warframe Wiki has provided a table of contents to the raw data to make it a hair easier to dig through.
iFlynn: A dedicated Warframe channel with tons of useful guides, gear/frame reviews, and build videos. One of the best resources around for straight information about the game.
LeyzarGamingViews: An absolute gold mine for build guides geared towards new players. Leyzar breaks down the builds and explains why he picks every single mod and explains things at a beginner's level so you can learn the ins and outs of modding in Warframe.
Tactical Potato: Another dedicated, excellent Warframe channel. Guides, build videos, all that fun stuff starring an entertaining Irish bloke. He tends to focus more on day to day updates and discussions on what's going on in the game.
Brozime: A Warframe channel specifically focused on weapon and frame reviews and builds.
StallordD: This channel is dedicated to compiling the lore in Warframe into a single source. This is an absolutely fantastic resource for players both new, who need to catch up on everything, and veteran, who may need a refresher from time to time.
Joey Flynn: Discussions about random Warframe topics. Hosts the Weekly Warframe Show. A well produced Warframe variety show with news, tips, skits, weapon discussions and just all sorts of stuff.
Cephalon Shy: Bite sized, hilarious videos starring a sociopathic robot artist who hates everyone and everything. You won't learn anything here. I just really like this channel.
The Official Warframe Channel: Community interaction is part of what helped make Warframe what it is today. This channel features archives of all their dev streams where they discuss upcoming features, things being looked at, bug fixes, and so on and Prime Time. A show where DE_Rebecca and DE_Megan goof off and give out freebies to the audience.
The Official Warframe Twitch Channel: Where DE hosts their weekly Prime Time shows and Devstreams. Watching them live gives you a chance to win freebies like Plat and items!
My Warframe Music Playlist: I've been slowly putting together a playlist of songs about Warframe on my Youtube channel. If you want some fun stuff to listen to while playing this is for you!
The Official Warframe Soundcloud: Digital Extremes runs occasional music contests called Tenno Tunes. The best of their submissions get uploaded into official Tenno Tunes playlists on the DE soundcloud! Also contains some random audio clips, including Ordis speaking German and talking about Oktoberfest for some reason.
Relic Explorer for Warframe: Want to know what relics have what and where to go farm them? This website is an amazingly handy tool for finding all of that out.
A User Created Map of Fortuna's Fishing and Mining: Created by Redditor u/Pekeponzer, this map has every cave marked and whether they contain good mining and fishing spots inside.
A User Created Map of Where to Get Toroids: Created by Redditor u/Linkapedia. It's pretty much what it says on the tin.
warframe.jpg
Is there a way to track alerts out of game?
Yes there is! Internet denizen King Taro put together a website based alert tracker: http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/ This tracker will play a sound whenever a new alert goes up and it has the option to filter cash alerts out entirely. There is also a Twitter account, Android app, and Apple app. Warframe Nexus is pretty damn slick but don't log into it while you're logged into the game because Warframe will think you're logging in from a different device and log you out of the game.

Wait, where’s the technical support section!?
We've never really needed one tbh. It sounds like the PS4 version might have some peculiarities to it but that is way out of the realm of things I know anything about. As mentioned at the start of this I will need help getting something for the PS4 players together if needed. As far as the PC side of things go this game is actually really damn stable thanks to Digital Extreme’s using their own proprietary engine. Any oddities you run into are 99.999999999% of the time due to a bug we can’t do anything about on the client side of things but DE is very fast about fixing those. If you are having technical issues do not hesitate to ask for help in the thread and if they ever do come up I will be sure to start listing them here and create a proper tech help section. Be sure to submit a ticket at https://support.warframe.com if you are having issues.

What is the Design Council?
For a long time Warframe was offering starter packs. The Master and Grand Master packs, however, came with access to what is known as the Design Council. This group of players act essentially as a player based focus group for Digital Extremes to bounce upcoming features off of via the hidden Design Council sub forum. For instance, Valkyr was originally presented to us as the Berserker with a very different power list than what she has now. The original concept art they showed us for her also had her a fair bit lither than what she is now. What originally started out as a request from the devs for a third power idea for her ended up as a 60 page discussion about how all four of her powers weren’t very good and how they could be improved. The result is the Valkyr we have now which is proving to be a ton of fun. Occasionally the devs will also give the Council a chance to design a frame or Sentinel that will then get put into the game (Nova and Carrier both came from these sort of sessions). The Design Council also has a dedicated in game chat room but it’s not all that different from the standard global chat though it does tend to be a fair bit more sane due to the aforementioned requirement of having purchased either the Master or Grandmaster packs so everyone there is usually on the “adults with lives” side of the demographic.

The devs do read the regular forums and interact with the community there (they even hang out in the game’s global chat regularly) so don’t think your opinion doesn’t matter just because you aren’t in the Council! Warframe is a very community oriented game and the level of attention everyone gets from DE is one of the things that makes this game as great as it is.
0minq8b.jpg

OP by TOGSolid, stolen by Darmak

JtgVX0H.png
Echo on

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    We should probably add Railjack to the OP list of "things you should know but the game won't tell you", given how much of recent content drops are "do you have a railjack? no? too bad!"

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Fuck, I don't know why I haven't added this to the OP already.
    We should probably add Railjack to the OP list of "things you should know but the game won't tell you", given how much of recent content drops are "do you have a railjack? no? too bad!"

Yeah, I've been meaning to do this for awhile as well. I'm going to bed now and I have work tomorrow, but once I get home from that I'll do a writeup. If anyone wants to do it for me and write up a paragraph (maybe with a single pic or video) I'd be more than happy to include that instead because I'm a lazy shit :rotate:

JtgVX0H.png
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The anniversary is on. Get you Dex Stuff (even if you do have duplicate guns, because slots are good).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Aggh, I'm sitting on a reroll of a 219% damage, +104.8% multishot, +59.8% reload speed, -117.1% impact Grakata riven into a potential +87% multishot, +108.5% critical damage, +126% slash damage. The Prisma Grakata has 6 impact, 5 puncture, 4 slash damage, a base crit chance of 25%, and a base crit multiplier of 2.5x. The physical modifiers don't affect the weapon's base damage for the purposes of elemental mods. Any thoughts?

I'm tempted to say that the new one is better, but the old one already multiplies my damage by like 2.5 times and I'm afraid of ruining it just in case.

Eh, screw it, in the worst case I can just go back to never actually using the weapon anyway. In the best case, probably the same.

jothki on
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    219% Damage 104.8% Multishot, even with the Impact nerf, seems pretty god-roll-y to me. That second roll doesn't seem better, but I'm just eyeballing it here.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Yeah, it turned out to have a substantial base damage reduction that I don't think the crit change will make up for. Eh, whatever.

jothki wrote: »
    Aggh, I'm sitting on a reroll of a 219% damage, +104.8% multishot, +59.8% reload speed, -117.1% impact Grakata riven into a potential +87% multishot, +108.5% critical damage, +126% slash damage. The Prisma Grakata has 6 impact, 5 puncture, 4 slash damage, a base crit chance of 25%, and a base crit multiplier of 2.5x. The physical modifiers don't affect the weapon's base damage for the purposes of elemental mods. Any thoughts?

I'm tempted to say that the new one is better, but the old one already multiplies my damage by like 2.5 times and I'm afraid of ruining it just in case.

I'd say it's a toss up. Critical damage on a grakata is good, but Vital Sense is only marginally weaker than Serration when it comes to killing power and the original mods damage and multishot are pretty powerful. The reload mod also benefits you if you're using the frenzy mod (the one adding ultra-fast alt-fire).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    wasn't there like a soft cap on the effectiveness of damage %? Or am I getting confused with other games?

steam_sig.png
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    The anniversary is on. Get you Dex Stuff (even if you do have duplicate guns, because slots are good).

Or you could keep accumulating copies of the Dex weapons like a crazy and/or lazy person!

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    edited April 2021
    Spoit wrote: »
    wasn't there like a soft cap on the effectiveness of damage %? Or am I getting confused with other games?

There isn't a softcap, but stacking mods on a single stat is just additive, so at some point it's better to boost another stat (since boosting different stats is multiplicative).

For example: You have a two (stackable) 100% damage mods and a 90% multishot mod. Obviously the first mod that goes on is the 100% damage mod. However, adding a second 100% damage mod will only take your damage up to 300% (1+200%), but adding a 100% damage mod and a 90% multishot mod will boost damage by 380% ((1+100%)x(1+90%)).

Fiendishrabbit on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

I don't believe so. I mean, there's already a built-in incentive to avoid stacking, where it's generally just way better to add other multipliers to your gun than doubling down on one.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I totally love the dexcalibur skin, rhino doesn't seem to have as much chrome, but I'm super happy about this years gift

In warframe on PC my name is severenn

Or you could keep accumulating copies of the Dex weapons like a crazy and/or lazy person!

I have six Dex Furis! Five of the Dex Sybaris and Dex Dakra! I'm crazy! :rotate:

JtgVX0H.png
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

I have six Dex Furis! Five of the Dex Sybaris and Dex Dakra! I'm crazy! :rotate:

I also have never gotten rid of a weapon, and always make a sacrificial copy when I need one as a component for a new weapon. Life is good

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    The only weapons I've gotten rid of are ones I actively dislike using.

But any weapon that I even kinda-sorta like has been kept regardless of it's effectiveness because but what if I get a riven that makes it not suck?

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

Eh, screw it, in the worst case I can just go back to never actually using the weapon anyway. In the best case, probably the same.

In general, a -impact curse on a riven is gorgeous, unless it's one of those all-impact weapons, I mean. It completely pulls that proc off your table, so you're left with only P/S/elemental.

Looking at overframe.gg, the two (assuming an otherwise identical boilerplate viral/slash build) average about the same in burst DPS, the first riven (-impact) higher sustained.

Assuming these work...

First one
    Second one

Edit: For clarity, the Grakata has basically "shit" for raw damage. Many times "shit" is still "shit"; you're not packing a base multiplier like the Soma does, and even then, the Soma is also reliant on volume of fire/slash procs. You want to coat your new friend in as many bullets as possible, in order to proc as many slashes from status and Hunter Munitions as possible, while getting a 10-stack of viral.

In this case, not having Impact available to proc means that you're down to 3 options from 4 for your direct procs, and the priority there is Viral -> Slash -> Puncture, then you have your HM slashes off crit.

All that aside, you're still using a Grakata, which... Well, Clem's biased, but you may as well smack 'em in the head with it for all the damage it doesn't.

dporowski on
    dporowski wrote: »

In general, a -impact curse on a riven is gorgeous, unless it's one of those all-impact weapons, I mean. It completely pulls that proc off your table, so you're left with only P/S/elemental.

Looking at overframe.gg, the two (assuming an otherwise identical boilerplate viral/slash build) average about the same in burst DPS, the first riven (-impact) higher sustained.

Assuming these work...

First one
    Second one

Edit: For clarity, the Grakata has basically "shit" for raw damage. Many times "shit" is still "shit"; you're not packing a base multiplier like the Soma does, and even then, the Soma is also reliant on volume of fire/slash procs. You want to coat your new friend in as many bullets as possible, in order to proc as many slashes from status and Hunter Munitions as possible, while getting a 10-stack of viral.

In this case, not having Impact available to proc means that you're down to 3 options from 4 for your direct procs, and the priority there is Viral -> Slash -> Puncture, then you have your HM slashes off crit.

All that aside, you're still using a Grakata, which... Well, Clem's biased, but you may as well smack 'em in the head with it for all the damage it doesn't.

This is a good ass post 🤘🏻🧙🏻‍♂️🤘🏻

JtgVX0H.png

Assuming these work...

First one
    Second one

TBH, with the base damage one, at that point I would probably replace Serration with a either a heat damage mod, or heat dual status mod. Anything without armor is going to die quick anyway, and the boost you get from cutting armor in half on those targets that have it is generally going to outclass Serration when paired with that particular riven.

Dac wrote: »

Assuming these work...

First one
    Second one

TBH, with the base damage one, at that point I would probably replace Serration with a either a heat damage mod, or heat dual status mod. Anything without armor is going to die quick anyway, and the boost you get from cutting armor in half on those targets that have it is generally going to outclass Serration when paired with that particular riven.

Is slash still an armor-bypass? If so, I'm not sure you'll gain much from the heat procs. Some, sure, but that's a low base damage you're hitting with, and a 50% armor cut isn't going to boost it too hard.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    A friend of mine is finally making their way through "Deadlock Protocol", and shared this with me.
    Parvus Granum: "I know what they want. But what about you? Tell me, friend: What is it you desire?"
    Lenna, the Operator: "My mother back."

augh, my heart.

edited April 2021
    A small note: The ideal priority distribution in a scenario with only slash/puncture available from the IPS table is Slash > Viral > Puncture, as there's no benefit to viral procs past 10. Leyzar's got a couple good videos where he tweaks mod setups on some very particular weapons to pull this off, but in the main, if you're leaning on actual status for your procs, just make sure slash is as high as possible w/o (usually) adding a pure +slash mod. Those are almost never, ever worth it.

After all, for the most part, you're shooting explosive houses at ants. I don't start having trouble with J. Random Ranged Weapon until about 45-60m into an Arbitration or something, even if it's not "optimal". Get a gun you like, add mods to suit it, profit. This isn't to say you ought to build a Soma Prime for status, mind, but once you've got the obvious basics on, it's probably cool from there.

But probably don't ever use the pure IPS mods unless you know exactly what you're doing; they basically suck.

dporowski on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    but 45-60 isn't really that high? That's still like sortie 1-2 level, right?

steam_sig.png
    45-60 minutes, I mean. They're up there, though I forget the exact level.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I have been trying to decide on how to finish setting up my tenora. Right now I have it slotted for viral with one slot open but I am unsure what to put in that last slot. I know heat is the standard wisdom but I would really like to be able to calculate the damage difference if I went with vigilantes fervor instead. I already have 102% crit so the extra 5% would get me 7% chance for a red crit with a fire rate around 15. But I am not sure how that stacks up to the extra 90% from straight heat. Decisions decisions.

Well crap I just realized that tenora prime is out! However the disposition is so low compared between the two that I think it would actually be a nerf in damage.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Did the new quest and completely forgot that means getting the blueprint and that I'll still need to farm the pieces.

tbh I think I'm going to leave it for when my group starts playing again, too busy being a dead Viking lately :P

edited April 2021
    furlion wrote: »
    I have been trying to decide on how to finish setting up my tenora. Right now I have it slotted for viral with one slot open but I am unsure what to put in that last slot. I know heat is the standard wisdom but I would really like to be able to calculate the damage difference if I went with vigilantes fervor instead. I already have 102% crit so the extra 5% would get me 7% chance for a red crit with a fire rate around 15. But I am not sure how that stacks up to the extra 90% from straight heat. Decisions decisions.

Well crap I just realized that tenora prime is out! However the disposition is so low compared between the two that I think it would actually be a nerf in damage.

Vigilante Fervor is not "5% crit". It's a 5% chance of a crit upgrading in severity. (Yellow->Orange, etc) You're at 100% yellow, 2% orange right now, and Vigilante Fervor would give you a 5% chance of any of the yellows turning orange, and any of the oranges turning red.

Yes, it's bloody confusing.

What's your riven/build? The Prime is definitely an upgrade from normal in normal circumstances, so assuming it slots I'd expect you to do better regardless of the dispo nerf. (And in a no-riven standard viral/slash HM build, Vigilante Armaments sims out better (overframe) than the 60/60 heat mod.)

dporowski on

Vigilante Fervor is not "5% crit". It's a 5% chance of a crit upgrading in severity. (Yellow->Orange, etc) You're at 100% yellow, 2% orange right now, and Vigilante Fervor would give you a 5% chance of any of the yellows turning orange, and any of the oranges turning red.

What's your riven/build? The Prime is definitely an upgrade from normal in normal circumstances, so assuming it slots I'd expect you to do better regardless of the dispo nerf. (And in a no-riven standard viral/slash HM build, Vigilante Armaments sims out better (overframe) than the 60/60 heat mod.)

Riven is +37% Grineer, plus 114% Crit chance, and plus 106% crit damage. I am just concerned because according to the wiki the disposition of the prime is about half that of the base. Also I looked it up and according to the reddit the vigilante set is a 5% increase to total dps per piece not accounting for the other effects. I couldn't find my exact case but that seems to be the going wisdom. I wasn't planning on running the 60/60 mod but just the straight 90.

Riven is +37% Grineer, plus 114% Crit chance, and plus 106% crit damage. I am just concerned because according to the wiki the disposition of the prime is about half that of the base. Also I looked it up and according to the reddit the vigilante set is a 5% increase to total dps per piece not accounting for the other effects. I couldn't find my exact case but that seems to be the going wisdom. I wasn't planning on running the 60/60 mod but just the straight 90.

What's the build? The math in my head doesn't say replace either of Vital Sense or Point Strike with that one, and it's pretty tight in a default crit build.

What's the build? The math in my head doesn't say replace either of Vital Sense or Point Strike with that one, and it's pretty tight in a default crit build.

Serration, point strike, vital sense, riven, split chamber, cryo rounds, infected clip. Trying to decide what to slot into that last place.

edited April 2021

Serration, point strike, vital sense, riven, split chamber, cryo rounds, infected clip. Trying to decide what to slot into that last place.

You need Hunter Munitions. Done.

Edit: Also consider the 60/60 elementals vs the 90s. Tends to work out better.

dporowski on

60/60 vs primed cryo is still cryo for me.

60/60 vs primed cryo is still cryo for me.

Yeaaaaaah though depends how much status help you need. And TBF I've got a primed Cryo, but fuck me if I feel like spending that kind of endo, you know?

• HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Spent last night cracking some relics for left over Prime weapons, and completed both the Tiberon and Pyrana Prime.

Anything special with either of these or just the standard +damage, +crit, +x2 60/60, +HunMun?

Why hunters munition? I don't think I have ever even used that on a weapon before.

Why hunters munition? I don't think I have ever even used that on a weapon before.

Slash is very strong and HM lets you proc slash a lot.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    HM is very good on basically all crit weapons

EDIT: This is the 'standardized' guide, as in if you can't think of what to put in a weapon, these work:

oxxknuvwoqk61.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=c18eb28cf41682f0bbc7f5d84060b2e2d1b82363

RonaldoTheGypsy on

'Cause it makes each crit have a 30% chance of applying an 8s dot for 35% of the hit value, bypassing armor, stacking effectively infinitely, and affected by the Viral stacks on the enemy. It's pretty ridiculously good on a high-crit primary. Or even a medium-crit one.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    blerg. I don't wanna use Viral.

I know, it's a weird hill to die on (as it were). Sure, chop people in half, set them on fire, freeze them solid and shatter them, but don't give them the (unreasonably fast-acting) plague. Because that would be wrong (or extra bad), somehow.

I suspect that, on top of my RL issues about (space) cancer etc, there's some notion that "disease" is only ever a tool of bad guys, villains. And that's not who I want to be.

Commander Zoom on
    Thanks everyone for the input, I guess I will put hunter munitions on next time I play. For some reason I thought that they had nerfed slash so it no longer stacked infinitely.

This discussion has been closed.