As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Another [vtuber] thread to contain the hysteria.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    In regards to the Gura clip, I was referring specifically to the section from 0:27 to 0:37. Swap the word "bus" with any slur that people clutch their pearls about and hopefully you'll see what I mean.
    I...don't think I see what the big deal is here. A lot of games these days will censor or disallow a lot of random words and sentences because they circumstantially contain something that flags it inappropriate, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous when you're told you can't use a common word or expression. Particularly with how easy it is to substitute characters to get around a lot of those filters and submit a hatred-fueled term, anyway.

It's my understanding that the word in question is not a slur, but a word that has been in use by the gay community for over 15 years. backed up by the internet at least.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular

….I thought it was garlic this entire time

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Kanda Shoichi donated 1 million yen towards feline kidney disease research on behalf of his three cats

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    In regards to the Gura clip, I was referring specifically to the section from 0:27 to 0:37. Swap the word "bus" with any slur that people clutch their pearls about and hopefully you'll see what I mean.
    I...don't think I see what the big deal is here. A lot of games these days will censor or disallow a lot of random words and sentences because they circumstantially contain something that flags it inappropriate, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous when you're told you can't use a common word or expression. Particularly with how easy it is to substitute characters to get around a lot of those filters and submit a hatred-fueled term, anyway.

It's my understanding that the word in question is not a slur, but a word that has been in use by the gay community for over 15 years. backed up by the internet at least.

I think the word is not the issue with the auto censor and "SS" is actually the banned term

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/GXJGd8WmEto

Quiet Marine has evolved in to Quiet Marine and Subaru

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
  • Options
    New Suisei cover
    https://youtu.be/z9tsfkdgByA

New Nyan stream intro music

*Spam catjam emojis*

• Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »

I think the word is not the issue with the auto censor and "SS" is actually the banned term

In the later clip that I posted a few pages ago she acted like she didn’t understand the term. Gura’s kayfabe acting is good enough that I honestly can’t tell how much of the ‘dum shark’ persona is genuine. So no idea if she knew what she was saying or not.

• Options
    Ollie (in unarchived karaoke) intentionally breaking her avatar sync to have a duet with Olivia might be one of the most pointless but amusing things I've seen in a while.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

In yesterday’s apex stream Selen mentions that they were unaware they were allowed to turn on super chats as soon as monetization got approved, so they’ve been sitting without them for a week now.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

In yesterday’s apex stream Selen mentions that they were unaware they were allowed to turn on super chats as soon as monetization got approved, so they’ve been sitting without them for a week now.

Even funnier is that she asked the Lazulight girls what they did and they basically said "we just turned them on lol."

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Ina continues to have great (accidental) comedic timing in RE7.

"I'm okay"

*Walks headfirst into enemy 2 seconds later*

"Im not okay!"

• Options
    Somehow, Nyanners is more scared in Yuru Camp VR than Ina is in Resident Evil 7.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    https://youtu.be/W6-1o6iZE50
    Pomu's last stream before surgery, people are making it rain with well wishes.

Lol, Pomu actually is sweating sub numbers... she wants her channel to have more subs than the Nijisanji EN Official channel.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YkX-ewhhSw
    In today's Ninjisanji compilation, Tomoe gets trolled by her own team, Mayzumi makes a surprise entrance, Gundou is VERY enthusiastic about her fetish, and Nishizino wants you to know that male nipples are important.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Pomu casually dropping a story on her 'see you later' stream about watching yuri with her gf when she was younger

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    she seemed pretty gay so, not surprising

petra is about to hit 100k. selen is picking up, most likely since she is so good at apex. rosemi is, well, she's there.

also elira has a new header

Jars on
  • Options
    Yeah I mean my gaydar has been going off but it is cool that they can be out and casual about it, rather than people having to infer anything

• Options

This is a really cool design element Niji EN has started to use in Apex streams, and it's thanks to Petra.

• Options
    Yeah these layouts are popular amongst some irl apex streamers but selen asked petra to do one for her and it turned out great

• Options

Iofi's nose is starting to return from its Covid coma, sending more good vibes.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Snuffy is collabing with a Japanese company to sell her hoodie. Pretty awesome.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Pomu got 10 grand in supas last night

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Irys had her first Minecraft stream this afternoon, after describing herself as knowing 10% of the game, and it was a lot.
    Firstly she joined the JP server without realising, and only believed what chat was telling her after Polka saved her from monsters when she wandered into the wilderness. After she joined the EN server, she somehow completely missed Amelia's railroad from spawn and again wandered into the wilderness until Amelia actually logged on to point out that there was a road to the main hub. At the same time, Calliope was coming back from the End Portal, got lost, and Amelia had to log in again to save her.

Eventually Calli and Irys met up and went spelunking, where Irys proceed to die several times losing all her gifted gear and collected loot. Once she had her fill of caves she decided to go off and build a house, which, in proper Minecraft tradition, she made out of dirt, in a hole. She then went exploring and once again died several times, finally calling it after losing everything but her house and bed.

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular

Nijisanji ID wave 6 character details revealed.

Xia, Hyona and Mika

• Options
    This very heterosexual and calm collab is underway

https://youtu.be/MWg_g_DU9wk

• Options
    Oh god. I'm on the 11th floor and I still don't feel safe.
    The animator guy is going to be filling that jail cell up again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc-F-M-76fQ

• Options

Instantly pulling for a Gori-Hoshikawa team, are you kidding

• Options
    Hellbore wrote: »

Nijisanji ID wave 6 character details revealed.

Xia, Hyona and Mika

So...anyone else when the first splash image of the new girls (at :28s in) showed up instantly thought Snuffy, Mio and Older Pekora?

• Options
    Kind of cat girl gundou, girl tamaki and older yorumi vibes here

The artists are all first time collaborators from what I can see? I'll have to verify

Anyways the girls are posting already

• Options
    https://youtu.be/GXJGd8WmEto

Quiet Marine has evolved in to Quiet Marine and Subaru

Normal subaru is good, but quiet deep pitched subaru is v nice in an ASMR kind of way.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    An absolute HERO has uploaded a primer for NijiKoshien

https://youtu.be/ZZdJvZ5V-pU

They're also uploading trimmed down episodes of the practice streams

https://youtu.be/HsRJ3E8Pzew

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I started following Haachama thanks to the shitpost review, and this morning she did an unarchived... thing that had quite a racy preview image. It involved hot tubs and pixel filters.

I... can't visit youtube at work anymore, can I?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
This discussion has been closed.