As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Another [vtuber] thread to contain the hysteria.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    She was going to do a stream where she reviews NSFW art of her so that was probably it.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    She was going to do a stream where she reviews NSFW art of her so that was probably it.

Nope. It was a bath stream where she sang Uptown Funk, splashed water around, and negotiated the sale of bathwater to Haatons.

• Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    She did do at least one (2?) streams reviewing her NSFW fanart with censors. So relatively speaking, a -checks youtube-
    …unarchived bathing stream…
    is tame for her.

• Options
    The real lesson is never watch Haachama at work.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

She posted this only after liking a post from hoshimi of vr announcing a 3d debut

Always has her priorities straight

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    hooray for a successful surgery!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n3JFlHFo9o

i don't have a clip but kiara was talking about pomu a lot during a superchat reading, i hope a collab is on the table after she recovers

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    The real lesson is never watch Haachama at work.

The worse work can do is learn just how cultured you are.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Marine will be premiering how to do a silent outfit reveal.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Not sure why the delay from it coming out till now, but here's Gura actively pointing out that she's in a commercial.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    edit: ghosted

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    My assumption is that an animator snuck gura in as an easter egg the way animators do an the delay was doing the work to make it official as taco bell as they saw an opportunity to enjoy free pr

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    So clearly the next step is Gura collabing with Dan Ryckert

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Mercutio87 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/GXJGd8WmEto

Quiet Marine has evolved in to Quiet Marine and Subaru

Normal subaru is good, but quiet deep pitched subaru is v nice in an ASMR kind of way.

No, ASMR Subaru is not nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf5NVgE-fpg

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    An absolute HERO has uploaded a primer for NijiKoshien

https://youtu.be/ZZdJvZ5V-pU

They're also uploading trimmed down episodes of the practice streams

https://youtu.be/HsRJ3E8Pzew

thanks for this

Also this game seems cool as hell, reminds me of an obscure old Famicom game called Straight Baseball Life (aka Aa Yakyuu Jinsei Icchokusen) which was a board game where you tried to help a kid grow up to be a baseball pro by playing a board game and various minigames to improve his stats.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwQuuQxxnJo

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Man, that baseball game looks really neat, actually

Too bad it will likely never get an English release

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    So clearly the next step is Gura collabing with Dan Ryckert
    My assumption is that an animator snuck gura in as an easter egg the way animators do an the delay was doing the work to make it official as taco bell as they saw an opportunity to enjoy free pr

Look at the evidence:

1. Gura stated she was wanting to get into sims
    2. Gura appeared in a Taco Bell ad
    3. Taco Bell is owned by Yum! Brands
    4. Yum! operates KFC
    5. KFC has Colonel Sanders as its mascot

It's clear - Gura is going to play the dating sim I Love You, Colonel Sanders!, and the Taco Bell ad placement was Yum's price for approving the permissions.

4jLH675U_400x400.jpg

Darklyre on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

I'm going to doubt it was free. Gura's post sure sounds either like a tounge in cheek plug or a real plug, and I'm sure Hololive would have had something to say about it since parody laws in the US don't really exist in Japan.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »

I'm going to doubt it was free. Gura's post sure sounds either like a tounge in cheek plug or a real plug, and I'm sure Hololive would have had something to say about it since parody laws in the US don't really exist in Japan.

It's paid, Taco Bell partner in the tweet means she's getting PAID. And good for her!

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Even in America I don't think you can just straight up put someone else's unaltered character in your taco add and call that parody.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

It's paid, Taco Bell partner in the tweet means she's getting PAID. And good for her!

well, Cover's getting paid anyway since it's technically their character

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »

While it is possible that they make nothing off their character's ads and promotions, I super doubt it. Ripping off the talent on those deals is an express ticket to them not playing well with sponsors and not getting more deals in the future.

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    Man, that baseball game looks really neat, actually

Too bad it will likely never get an English release

It had one or two in the wii era

I don't think it's farfetched to see it get an SEA English release the way super robot wars does

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

While it is possible that they make nothing off their character's ads and promotions, I super doubt it. Ripping off the talent on those deals is an express ticket to them not playing well with sponsors and not getting more deals in the future.

I'd like to believe that she's seeing of that sweet gordita scratch if even a percentage, but you know, I also do not like placing undeserved optimism to corporations. Really hope she does get paid!

• Options
    https://youtu.be/dCAn8Pga6PQ

Kiara's hustle is unreal

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    some highlights of IRyS' first Minecraft stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBhwtoFsaco

• Options

I'd like to believe that she's seeing of that sweet gordita scratch if even a percentage, but you know, I also do not like placing undeserved optimism to corporations. Really hope she does get paid!

I don't have time to go check right now, but I think Watson straight up said SHE was getting paid in one of her earliest promoted streams. Of course the deal could be crappy and maybe the talent doesn't get a fair percentage or whatever, but I do think it's a fair assumption for various reasons that promotions and merch are good for the talent, financially speaking.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7qEROTADIE

Botan had a fun time with Choco, Luna, and Subaru playing various game modes in CoD

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Ina is very successfully predicting the RE7 (and even 8!) plot twists coming up.
    Edit: Game clear, yes Ina's firm grasp on fiction tropes helped her call every plot swerve in the game before it happened. She will also be one of the few people in the world more familiar with RE7 Chris than any other version when she does the DLC later.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options

Just what a recovering fairy needs to get better: hot noods, hand delivered.

...what?

• Options
    Aki is now also on hiatus for voice reasons

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    0wnkzim0fklb.png

Team lineups for Shibuya Hal's Vtuber tournament.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Aki is now also on hiatus for voice reasons

Turns out pitching your voice for hours at a time for years on end probably isn't good for you.

From what I saw, it's a similar deal to what Suisei went through, and she might be finding a more comfortable, 'natural' pitch to broadcast in.

Hellbore on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Werewolf2000ad on
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    hooray for a successful surgery!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n3JFlHFo9o

i don't have a clip but kiara was talking about pomu a lot during a superchat reading, i hope a collab is on the table after she recovers

Timestamp for Kiara talking about Pomu: https://youtu.be/b9-iggvRWXw?t=15144

• Options
    Ironmouse and Nyanners are doing a 3D collab and it is weird to see them in that form together.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Edit: (Sample replacement)
    https://youtu.be/6NQMsqB2QQE
    First time unarchived karaoke for Irys.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Starting with Toxic.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
This discussion has been closed.