Options

[Lost Ark] - Machinist & Kakul-Saydon raid out in September

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    you're gonna want to start checking out your una's task rep rewards - there are some big pirate coin rewards hiding there for not a ton of time investment

you can also randomly go to islands but there are definitely some that are super rewarding and awesome to do earlier than others - your call though

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    so I'm lvl 50 now and doing quests in Rhondel. I've done a few islands that have been part of quests. Can I start picking Islands by random to check out? I need a ton of pirate coins for various things and would love to start accruing them.

pretty much. Maxroll has a list of all the islands and you can organize them by primary reward type, but if you just yolo around islands you'll get loads of quests and stuff. Including a bunch of quests that send you to other significant islands.

• Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    I'm 1335, and have been since Thursday of last week? I've had a run off incredibly bad luck with like 2 successes in 15 tries or something though. It's ok though, I've got a shadow hunter at 1040 who I should be able to get into T3 soon as well and then start feeding mats to my Paladin. I don't think I'm going to make 1370 by the time Argos releases but I should be pretty close, and most of the rest of my group is still behind me anyway.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I'm one upgrade from hitting 1100 and moving on to T3.

Haven't been playing as much recently though cause of, you know, Elden Ring.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    I'm one upgrade from hitting 1100 and moving on to T3.

Haven't been playing as much recently though cause of, you know, Elden Ring.

Literally just hit 1100 earlier tonight for the same reason.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Ha, I'm not even 600 yet. You guys are dedicated.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I just finished Rohendel and now have to work on 600. Probably time to go back to the islands I haven't touched because I wanted to push through Rohendel so I can use that tier of chaos dungeons.

Lately I've been using swiftness everything and like it as it is keeping me alive but now I'm actually running out of mana, so those mana cost reduction tripods are starting to make sense... and this is just from the swiftness on accessories. If I added even more swiftness, reflux, and then other cooldown reduction bonuses on top of that I could see mana cost reduction tripods being necessary on all skills.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I used my second power pass to make a paladin. Wow. It's so nice to not have to always be constantly running behind the monsters for damage. The buffing and debuffing seems to be pretty intuitive and appears to be a huge force multiplier.

My only problem is that I misclicked the voice option for the character and even though he looks like an older Geralt from W3, he sounds like the classic blade licking wild anime villain. Ugh.

• Options
    So Argos tomorrow huh, I was pretty happy to hit 1340 on some lucky upgrades today but still being 30 points off of doing new content feels bad

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Stationary wrote: »
    So Argos tomorrow huh, I was pretty happy to hit 1340 on some lucky upgrades today but still being 30 points off of doing new content feels bad

You'll get there. I'd caution you against the FOMO trap. You definitely want your MMO to be releasing too much content rather than not enough, if you have to choose a problem to have.

• Options
    By the way - do we want to designate a raid day/night? Would be nice to play with others in the guild

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »

You'll get there. I'd caution you against the FOMO trap. You definitely want your MMO to be releasing too much content rather than not enough, if you have to choose a problem to have.

I doubled downed on selling - the mats are going for a truly insane premium right now due to the fomo whales whaling insanely hard. who cares if you have to wait a couple weeks if you can be this flush with gold and blue crystals haha

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    hush wrote: »

I doubled downed on selling - the mats are going for a truly insane premium right now due to the fomo whales whaling insanely hard. who cares if you have to wait a couple weeks if you can be this flush with gold and blue crystals haha

Yeah I was hoarding t3 mats after hitting 1350 and I intend to drop everything that's not nailed down onto the market as soon as I get home. Take advantage of the whales while things are nuts and while all the huge sources of honing materials are yet to be in the game.

• Options
    edited March 2022

Ultimately it doesn't matter, need to wait for the rest of my group to catch up anyway, I'm just not used to not being in a raid day (or at least week) one

Stationary on
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Ultimately it doesn't matter, need to wait for the rest of my group to catch up anyway, I'm just not used to not being in a raid day (or at least week) one

WoW rolls out different wings and difficulties of its raids through artificial time gates, weeks and weeks after the raid's release. Shit, the raid itself might not even be available whatsoever on the first week or two of a patch. I dunno what XIV does, but I don't actually think this is that crazy of a difference.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Anyone else been working their strongholds like a slave driver? They're complaining about energy every time I leave. I just recently dinged stronghold level 17, about to hit 18, and realized that while I can now dispatch two boats with 4 crew each, I don't have enough crew to do that.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    My stronghold's almost lvl 24 and have been complaining since day 1. you can get more crew from the traveling merchants that visit your stronghold or on the seas I think

Is there anyone who is using the skill rune set conviction + judgement? I've looked into getting a non-green judgement rune but even the most reasonable source is very gated behind rapport (trusted, which means 100k points). is the green version worth the (pirate) money?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options

WoW rolls out different wings and difficulties of its raids through artificial time gates, weeks and weeks after the raid's release. Shit, the raid itself might not even be available whatsoever on the first week or two of a patch. I dunno what XIV does, but I don't actually think this is that crazy of a difference.

Part of it for me (and this is going to be a very me problem and I want to stress I totally get most folks don't care) is I also enjoy the race, I don't play wow anymore but the thing I'll be doing the most on my day off tomorrow is watching the world first race, when I was still playing destiny taking that day off to participate even when my group knew we had a less then zero chance of winning is some of the most fun I've had in a game. Obviously here it's different because this stuff has all been out and solved for a long time there's an energy to new raid day that I love and I'll probably get to experience it down the line. I imagine we'll eventually catch up in a way that this doesn't happen again, I just would have liked to experience it for the first thing is all. But like I said, ultimately it doesn't matter, and I'll just avoid spoilers on it until I get to experience it with my group anyway.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    alaric's sanctum not as bad as anticipated at near min gear score. i did get slammed to death trying to help my teammates thouigh

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    alaric's sanctum not as bad as anticipated at near min gear score. i did get slammed to death trying to help my teammates thouigh

The way he will just rush you out of the gate can lead to some hilarious starts to that fight

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    Stronghold Lvl 24 here and ran of researches. that pretty much gets rid of your nrg shortage. I'm 1333 atm. My alts are 1000 and 900. Taking it slow since all my buddies are still t2. I do kind of want 1340 but I can wait.

• Options
    Market went absolutely nuts tonight in anticipation of the patch. I could see it continuing to rise over the next few days, but I went ahead and sold all my T3 mats in case this was going to be the peak. Made about 60k in 3 minutes, just absolute insanity.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Worth noting that if you plan on converting your gold into purple crystals, it's oftentimes a good idea to do it late at night/early morning for your region as prices can be 10%+ lower than cashing out during primetime.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Well, doing the new event race when my game crashed to desktop.

First time I can remember the game actually crashing on me. Now to see if it burned up my one daily race or if I'll get to join the next one.

edit: The answer is no. I just get screwed for the day.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Yeah I had a crash today as well for the first time ever. Luckily I wasn't doing anything that mattered.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I'm not sure how I feel about this update and the state of the game for me at this point.

On the one hand, no issue with not being able to do all content day 1 release. (Though with as much as I've played being as far away from it as I am is a little eyebrow raising.)

On the other, I don't really have a ton to do on my main at t3 that's particularly interesting compared to the t1 to t3 1340 journey where I was consistently working toward new abyssals, new guardian raids, new tiers of chaos dungeons.

The vertical content didn't just slow down, it completely falls off a cliff at 1340.

Heroic guardian raids and abyss trials would be a huge, huge deal at this point. More content, more income, it wouldn't solve things but it would go a long way toward it. If they don't those before they add the legion commander raids I'm going to be very concerned about the direction of the game. It would be a big indication that they were more interested in milking the whales than they are in having much of the playerbase accessing the content they claim is so integral to the longevity of the game.

If you're a player that's interested in power progression of your character but not willing to spend a bunch I actually think that the best approach right now at endgame is to just chill, do your important rapport / collectibles / Una's, and really prioritize getting some alts into T3. Maybe even sell your unbound T3 materials over the next week or two while prices are in the stratosphere still.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i assume the ilevel requirements for content releases will be reasonably mismatched until at least we get close to catching up to korea. because they can release the content faster than it was originally released on the korean server, so we have less time to level gear, and they aren't really able to rescale the content to be appropriate for a lower gear score.

it just sucks that the t3 content isn't spread out particularly well because going from 1340 -> 1370 is a lot of honing attempts

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Anyone else been working their strongholds like a slave driver? They're complaining about energy every time I leave. I just recently dinged stronghold level 17, about to hit 18, and realized that while I can now dispatch two boats with 4 crew each, I don't have enough crew to do that.
    I've been queuing up every upgrade I have available and I don't think I've ever seen energy dip below about 90% of full. I must be missing something that I could potentially be using that energy for??

26904.png
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    I literally just ticked over 340 a couple days ago (couldn't play last night due to the patch). Forward progression pretty much stopped when I unlocked all of the daily stuff. I probably have enough honing materials to be around 600 but I'm a bit hesitant to jump that far ahead since I still have yet to even start the Shushire area.

I did my very first basic CUBE run at 341 and was insta-killed three times. Luckily I was matched up with a 1200+ bard who basically soloed the entire thing and won the rest of us a Platinum.

I generally enjoy mid-game of MMOs the most anyway so I'm really happy with where I am right now.

26904.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    You can't skip tiers of story by overgearing so you should just use the materials to make things smoother.

• Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »
    I literally just ticked over 340 a couple days ago (couldn't play last night due to the patch). Forward progression pretty much stopped when I unlocked all of the daily stuff. I probably have enough honing materials to be around 600 but I'm a bit hesitant to jump that far ahead since I still have yet to even start the Shushire area.

I did my very first basic CUBE run at 341 and was insta-killed three times. Luckily I was matched up with a 1200+ bard who basically soloed the entire thing and won the rest of us a Platinum.

I generally enjoy mid-game of MMOs the most anyway so I'm really happy with where I am right now.

Do shushire as it opens up a bunch of stuff. After that is rohendel at 460. Also, materials go quick once you hit 400 or so as the failure rate ramps up quite fast. I'm somewhat in the same boat of really enjoying the midgame and I'm not rushing 600 that hard.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Love that I cant buy anything except the hat from the event races cause its all gear level locked

Cool idea

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Stupid wrote: »
    I've been queuing up every upgrade I have available and I don't think I've ever seen energy dip below about 90% of full. I must be missing something that I could potentially be using that energy for??

@Stupid
    So, I looked ahead in the "All research" list and noticed that I would get cool things like additional research slots and upgrades to my dispatch center that expand crew capacity/allow deployment of two boats around the stronghold level 15/17 marks. Prior to that there really wasn't much important to spend energy on. I was sending one boat out and researching just one thing at a time with my one research slot. I suspect that you're presently in this deadzone period too where there's not really much in terms of productive use of stronghold energy since you only have 1 research slot/1 dispatch slot consuming energy and there aren't many big upgrades to pay for.

My solution to level up my stronghold faster so that I could start unlocking the extra lab and dispatch slots was to take a "New Deal" approach with shovel-ready jobs and worked my workshop 24/7 by manufacturing something like 40+ decorative water wheels. I burnt all of my +energy consumables to fund more water wheels to hasten the sprint to stronghold level 15. The water wheels themselves are useless except for the fact that the act of producing them generated XP, and for several days was by far my primary source of stronghold XP. Once I reached stronghold level 15, I found myself in a position where a lot of new research options opened up and it ended up doubling my capacity to spend energy on research and dispatch jobs, so I haven't had any surplus energy to spend since then.

There are a handful of different structures that seem applicable for the XP farm. Check the vendors that visit your stronghold for the recipes. My water wheel was named something like "djorkia water wheel" or something? There was a bit of a translation hiccup in that the recipe was for "djorkia water mill" while the finished product is called water wheel, or maybe I have that backwards. It cost 10 iron ore and 10 wood to manufacture. There's a handful of similar structures that more or less cost the same sum or resources. I think one is a bench, and something else was something along the lines of a table with a cash register on it? They cost something like 5 wood to make or 5 iron/5 wood respectively I think. They're all roughly similar in that crafting one water wheel was functionally the same as crafting two of the cash register or four benches in terms of resource consumption/XP production. Maybe the one that just requires wood might be best depending on market price of wood vs iron. The water wheel was kind of nice since you could queue up many many hours of production and then just ignore it for a while.

I just assumed that burning through stronghold levels as fast as possible to unlock double dispatch missions as soon as possible was the optimal way to burn through my extra energy consumables. I was operating under the assumption that getting double dispatches online quickly was more valuable than energy consumables and the market cost of the iron/wood.

As a whole, my account is still playing catchup since I installed the game several weeks after the starting date. I'm trying to rush to get at least one character into T3 to increase my gold income so that I can start playing auction house games.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Just absolutely feasting on these whales given the state of the market

Idk how it is on other servers, but on Avesta Great Honor Leapstones go for 750g+ per stone and you can get tradeables from the infinite chaos vendor

Also funny that i can buy the grand prix epic class engravings, pick sorc/zerker ones and put them up for 600+ gold and then turn around and buy my own for 400g maintaining a tidy profit. Benefits of playing a somewhat unpopular class, i guess?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    You can't skip tiers of story by overgearing so you should just use the materials to make things smoother.

You certainly can under the right conditions, but it will screw you over later on accessing some game essentials until you go back and do them. The main thing is that it's entirely possible to skip Shushire and complete other higher ilvl continents, but(and I'm saying this from experience) you absolutely don't want to do that.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Love that I cant buy anything except the hat from the event races cause its all gear level locked

Cool idea
    @Kwoaru

I deleted a big wall of text about how many coins could be farmed between a main and two alts.
    edit:
    Apologies. I misread you post. Sorry about the @. I thought that the problem was being locked out of participation and an inability to farm sufficient coins. My bad. After farming a bunch of coins on my T1 alts and my slightly higher T1 main, I see what you mean now that I just tried to cash in and it won't even let me exchange coins for the loot. This is terrible design and almost makes me want to uninstall and give the game a bad review. I'm going to try to push past it, but MAN that is a spit in you face moment. Basically a winners keep winning moment and widen the gap between the newer low gear players and the later ones that can stock up on all this loot and profit from it all. Feels like I'm being punished for not taking more time to rush to T3 faster.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    The game does an absolute ton to juice up your first character through the tiers. Yeah, you're behind the curve and are unable to capitalize on everything to the maximum extent, but I can assure you that nothing in the game right now "widens the gap" between the top end and t1 in a way that's more severe than what the honing rate wall at 1340+ does to slow it down. Like, yeah it sucks that you can't get it in on overpriced T3 mats right now, but there will be plenty of other bubbles to take advantage of. It's not insane or unfair that a late starter isn't instantly as well positioned for all game opportunities as anyone else. I assure you your sense of how out of reach this makes the endgame for you is extremely overblown.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    yeah i think its a very good idea to just focus on one character to t3 and only play on alts if you're stuck and can only progress with the weekly refresh. Not only do you make progress on the welcome challenge, you also unlock stronghold items and research based on ilevel, which includes the increase chance of honing success and reduced cost of honing for a tier below your main

The only counter point i can think of for playing multiple characters pre-t3 now is that you can get about 400 more tokens for the event that is running now per day per character just by doing chaos dungeons and guardian raids. Or if you're really bored of one character i guess

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The game does an absolute ton to juice up your first character through the tiers. Yeah, you're behind the curve and are unable to capitalize on everything to the maximum extent, but I can assure you that nothing in the game right now "widens the gap" between the top end and t1 in a way that's more severe than what the honing rate wall at 1340+ does to slow it down. Like, yeah it sucks that you can't get it in on overpriced T3 mats right now, but there will be plenty of other bubbles to take advantage of. It's not insane or unfair that a late starter isn't instantly as well positioned for all game opportunities as anyone else. I assure you your sense of how out of reach this makes the endgame for you is extremely overblown.

This is probably true but I also think it makes it extra silly that you cant buy materials ahead of time, especially from a goofy limited time event thing

It may not matter much but it does feel bad

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

This is probably true but I also think it makes it extra silly that you cant buy materials ahead of time, especially from a goofy limited time event thing

It may not matter much but it does feel bad

Sure, but like, this is a kind of thing that can happen in an infinite number of ways and will continue to happen forever. I sure as shit wish I had the gold I have now to buy blue crystals when they were 70g a pop, or bought more when they were in the 200s. This is a month long event. There's still time to get a lot out of it. Being in a position to take full advantage of market opportunities and your ability to make gold in an online game is part of your progression in a game. I don't even necessarily think that's something everyone is entitled to simply by virtue of playing the game a non-zero amount, it kind of cheapens things if it's really that easy.

Everyone is entitled to their own feelings about something, I just find that a "I'm considering uninstalling and changing my entire opinion on this game" level take on the gearscore thing for this is a nuclear-grade overreaction. We've gotta dial back the FOMO with this game, the stakes aren't that high.