Options

Shark Attack 3: [chat]aladon

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    this isnt the star trek thread but idgaf
    star%2Btrek%2Bspock%2Bhelmet.jpg

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    ah

yeah, that's true

the one Reply All Apocalypse I witnessed was a department wide email to a listserv.

I think the admins ended up turning off the listserv or something? I dunno how that works

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Catawba worm?

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Gmail has a single button mute the conversation option. I've definitely stopped all responses in outlook in exactly this situation for a single conversation but it took more than one click

sig.gif
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I think it's illegal for an ER nurse to agree with my post when I'm hemming and hawing about "stakes" for my work

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

here's our equivalent of a prime minister announcing a new employment scheme

not paying to remove the watermarks sure is a choice

i see this got deleted

it was very embarrassing

what was it?

it was like a 90 second long video announcing a new (very poorly received) government initiative

but every single part of the video had either getty or shutterstock watermarks across the whole thing

here's some screenshots

someone reuploaded the whole thing!!

The interesting thing about this scheme is how vague this video is. Feels more about platitudes than "okay but how does this work". Safe to assume that's the point.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Gmail has a single button mute the conversation option. I've definitely stopped all responses in outlook in exactly this situation for a single conversation but it took more than one click

The example with my university was extremely great because someone had the bright idea to open a ticket in a way that included everyone on the initial email, and then other people followed, so I had like five chains going on including multiple support tickets which all had like fifty to a hundred participants

• Options
    I think it's illegal for an ER nurse to agree with my post when I'm hemming and hawing about "stakes" for my work

My iron is critically low

Gimme dem stakes

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Catawba worm?
    Looks like it's a canna leaf roller.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Catawba worm?

who knew there was a bug that could roll joints

• Options
    Catawba worm?

ah

I’m no wormologist

I’m not even a wormonomist

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I’m getting a doctors appointment for my knees. Even walking is giving me pause.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

i see this got deleted

it was very embarrassing

what was it?

it was like a 90 second long video announcing a new (very poorly received) government initiative

but every single part of the video had either getty or shutterstock watermarks across the whole thing

here's some screenshots

The interesting thing about this scheme is how vague this video is. Feels more about platitudes than "okay but how does this work". Safe to assume that's the point.

the scheme is paying people under minimum wage to get them off unemployment benefits

basically if you're unemployed for X amount of time, they give you a job to "upskill" you and pay you €3 an hour

it is very not good

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Oh yes @Arch case closed no need to look for it.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    my internet is doooooooooooooog shit today

i cant even stream my favourite series "a bald canadian man plays a popular roguelite from 2012"

• Options
    Maybe I should have stretched, or warmed up before 10k’s or half marathons, ever.

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I’m getting a doctors appointment for my knees. Even walking is giving me paws.

are you sure you shouldn't be seeing a vet instead?

• Options

i see this got deleted

it was very embarrassing

what was it?

here's some screenshots

the scheme is paying people under minimum wage to get them off unemployment benefits

basically if you're unemployed for X amount of time, they give you a job to "upskill" you and pay you €3 an hour

it is very not good

Why not just give them a minimum wage job

I mean I know the answer to this but still

I dislike this "any port in a storm" employment model

• Options
    Maybe I should have stretched, or warmed up before 10k’s or half marathons, ever.
    One of my hiking friends likes to say knees are proof that God exists and hates us.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Of course the point is just to slash unemployment funding

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »

I read yesterday that there’s a shortage of vets and the sole vet I know has a decade+ collection of hustler. No

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »

it's also to massage the unemployment numbers

our youth unemployment is at like 45% or something crazy so they have to be seen to do something about that, even if it's just making life worse for a load of people

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I signed on to the dole the summer after I finished University and was job hunting. And while I was applying and getting the occasional interview, near the end the dole people asked me whether I should start considering looking for jobs outside my chosen field. Thankfully I got a job shortly after this, but I could see where that could end up.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    If it’s an illegal employment practice in the United States, that is the lowest fucking bar for employee rights, and paying anyone outside of prison under minimum wage is against the rules. Companies still do it, but there is recourse. Slow and annoying recourse.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

it's also to massage the unemployment numbers

our youth unemployment is at like 45% or something crazy so they have to be seen to do something about that, even if it's just making life worse for a load of people

they're doing the exact same thing here with the kickstarter thing for under 24's but at least they pay full min wage

even if we all admit thats not a living wage

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    it’s like my mom used to say: shutterstock getty shutterstock

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    I signed on to the dole the summer after I finished University and was job hunting. And while I was applying and getting the occasional interview, near the end the dole people asked me whether I should start considering looking for jobs outside my chosen field. Thankfully I got a job shortly after this, but I could see where that could end up.

yeah i had this exact conversation too

they also wanted me to go to a training day for job skills which involved showing me how to use Microsoft Word to write my CV

i have a degree in computer science

• Options

they also wanted me to go to a training day for job skills which involved showing me how to use Microsoft Word to write my CV

That sounds more like making access to unemployment benefit less convenient than actually cultivating useful skills.

• Options

I read yesterday that there’s a shortage of vets and the sole vet I know has a decade+ collection of hustler. No
    But you need someone for your knees, not your feet.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

But you need someone for your knees, not your feet.

When I have kneads, I prefer going to a baker personally

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Who would win, intelligent design vs the moment arm of a tall biped's achilles tendon,

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »
    Who would win, intelligent design vs the moment arm of a tall biped's achilles tendon,

Batman if he has preptime

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »

Since humans have been designed to be the most dangerous prey, but with one easy to exploit weakness for when you need an out, intelligent design.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I would send any Com Sci major to a class on how to learn to write a resume. Or just how to write generally.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Simply get the Kobe surgery amd have your joints replaced with well marbled beef imo

• Options
    edited July 2021
    shryke wrote: »

I would send any Com Sci major to a class on how to learn to write a resume. Or just how to write generally.

CVs are a lot more form-like than Resumes, just to clarify.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    every 10 years of experience you may have an extra page for your CV

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2021
    got a job offer on the table from my concierge service to be their get shit done guy but i don't have any deets yet. Exciting!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    got a job offer on the table from my concierge service to be their get shit done guy but i don't have any deets yet. Exciting!

details:
    breaking kneecaps
    suggested method is a hammer but we'll trust your judgement to tailor to the specific situation

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    My friend's Corgi, Archer, had his health turn for the worst yesterday. I just saw the update that he had passed.

He brought joy wherever he went, and I know how much he was loved. Cancer is a bitch.

o7, F's in chat for Archer "Fox-Eared Asshole" the Corgi.

afac5dcd85c98e3940c95e70597bf7c143670fae.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
This discussion has been closed.