Shark Attack 3: [chat]aladon

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    *severe thunderstorm warning for your country*

Hrm maybe I shouldn’t go swinging around a metal pole on my top floor deck

The whole country?? Severe thunderstorms across the entire US?

Global warming really is getting out of hand...

I just checked and, weirdly, there are dots of severe thunderstorms covering basically the entire country from the mississippi east.

An entire half of the US, yes

Isn't the Mississippi more of 1/3 cut?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    "we want a 15 minute presentation but also can you add these ten new slides with tangential information"

I mean god damn

No presentation needs more than 12 slides.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Oh man y'all I went the afternoon nap path and yusssss

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    apparently if your princess diana beanie baby has polyvinyl chloride beads it's good and worth thousands of dollars but if it contains polyethylene beads then it's trash sell it for a dollar and hope you even get that

this has been your beanie baby collectible fact of the day

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Me, Today: "I am going to relax and ease into my first day of training in my new role."
    My Manager, also today: "Hey, I heard you were good with spreadsheets. Do you want to help with budgeting on the side a few times a month? You'll need to get some other training we'll squeeze in."
    A random staffing process that has been radio silent for FIVE MONTHS, also also today: "Hey, we have emerged from our hibernation to let you know you passed the initial screening and now need to write a test in the middle of your training."

:|

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    apparently if your princess diana beanie baby has polyvinyl chloride beads it's good and worth thousands of dollars but if it contains polyethylene beads then it's trash sell it for a dollar and hope you even get that

so you're saying I should start disemboweling every beanie baby i come across

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    five-reasons-comic-books-in-the-1990s-sucked.jpg

I have all four of those sleeved somewhere at my parents house.

My assumption is that they're worth less than $1

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Just had an old friend from high school reach out and tell me she was supportive of my transition and felt sorry for the way my family had treated me

I hadn’t ever said anything to her about my parents 😳

That means my family being shitty is . . . communally-known! The stain! It finally found them! The schadenfreude!

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

could you tell PVC from PE plastic?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

They do make for good soup ingredients.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIhu5XxXKxA

you know what it doesn't matter. yes. disembowel every beanie baby you find

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Wait we weren't supposed to be doing this all along?

nibXTE7.png
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    All of the beanie baby bears were misshapen atrocities

Tumin on
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    snip

I have all four of those sleeved somewhere at my parents house.

My assumption is that they're worth less than $1

xCTiF5Q.jpg

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Invest in BeanieCoin

nibXTE7.png
    Beanie Babies were dumb

Now Pound Puppies on the other hand

This morning I managed to work out for a third time in a row. Also went walking for a 3 day in a row. I don't know how long this will last, but I'm going to pretend I'm serious about it this time.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Beanie Babies were dumb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9no3ZzfFo

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod

If you meet the Buddha a beanie baby on the road, kill it. It can do nothing to enlighten you, and you would only serve to corrupt it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    "we want a 15 minute presentation but also can you add these ten new slides with tangential information"

I mean god damn

No presentation needs more than 12 slides.

This presentation has climbed from 15 to 25.

I do not agree with the approach to presentations that they take at this level tbh

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Beanie Babies were dumb

How much are Garbage Pail Kids worth?

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
    you know what it doesn't matter. yes. disembowel every beanie baby you find

Amusingly, if you manage to disembowel enough, they might finally be worth something again...

Invest in BeanieCoin

Hm... NFTs, except instead of a digital "object", you get a real object instead...

JebusUD wrote: »
    Beanie Babies were dumb

If you sold them a decade ago and had a full collection in mint condition? 10-20k

No idea if those prices have held up (and I very much doubt they have)

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    My Dad posted on Facebook that he was "running out of time....... ".
    Panicking everyone only to find out that he just meant that he was at the DMV for three hours.

edited July 2021
    Brody wrote: »
    Invest in BeanieCoin

Hm... NFTs, except instead of a digital "object", you get a real object instead...

What if... we exchanged a symbolic representation of the value of work... for a physical object...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I have a 100 Trillion dollar bill that has more than doubled in value since I bought it 10 years ago, I should have bet it all on Zimbabwe

Happiness is within reach!
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Imma say it: Super Mario 64 is not worth 1.6 million dollars imo

PSN: Honkalot
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Panicking everyone only to find out that he just meant that he was at the DMV for three hours.

dads

what are we gonna do with them

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

This is a classic dad prank.

vRyue2p.png
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Beanie Babies were dumb

If you sold them a decade ago and had a full collection in mint condition? 10-20k

No idea if those prices have held up (and I very much doubt they have)

or you could wait for the new Garbage Pail Kids Animated Series comes out, which might boost prices even higher
    The project, which is currently in development at the WarnerMedia-backed streamer, is inspired by [Danny] McBride and his Rough House partner David Gordon Green’s love for Garbage Pail Kids and Saturday morning cartoons. The expectation is that the animated series will be family-friendly and appeal to audiences of all ages.
    McBride, Green and Josh Bycel (Hulu’s Solar Opposites) will write and co-create the HBO Max series.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/garbage-pail-kids-animated-series-danny-mcbride-hbo-max-1234959124/

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Okay but for real though how are you supposed to tell what kind of beans a beanie baby has inside of it?

vRyue2p.png
    Brody wrote: »
    Invest in BeanieCoin

What if... we exchanged a symbolic representation of the value of work... for a physical object...

Whoa

Hey

Whoa

Hey

Lets not get too crazy with all this stuff now

Okay but for real though how are you supposed to tell what kind of beans a beanie baby has inside of it?

Pay $200 for an expert evaluation.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Oh god I've met all of these people in the last two weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zVUcD2aGdQ

are YOU on the beer list?
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2021
    I don’t understand how it’s possible to be waiting in line at dmv for three hours. I waited for two hours to see the faberge egg collection when it was here and even that was not worth it.

How can the lines at dmv be a meme already in the ninetees if not before, and it’s not changed since?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

the tag?

apparently the answer is was it made before 1998

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Got the most frustrating good news at work today. For the last couple months there has been a problem tangentially related to my work that has been a real pain (having to do with azure devops management). It's not something I know deeply at all. The two people on my team with more experience in that area have been saying all along that the obvious solution isn't possible. It would cause bad side effects for several other teams also using the system. So I have been coming up with more and more convoluted work arounds. Friday I finally ended up sending a message to the person who is the owner of that system asking if there was any way we could convince all the teams to go along with the obvious solution despite it being a pain for them. And today he replies that we should totally be able to do obvious solution without affecting other teams at all.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Apparently Nevada is expected to be one of the hotspots in the country for Covid deaths

Sure am glad I’m the only person in my house who’s vaccinated

This discussion has been closed.