As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MCU Movies] Thor: Love and Thunder hits on July 8 CLOSED SPOILERS

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Wondy always got some good lines at least.

z8x04jspyvih.jpg

Re: your spoilers there -
    Is the initial bit just unreliable narrator - Arishem created the Deviants and then later the Eternals to deal with them, as the Deviants went rogue....just like some of the Eternals do as well. Comics really love cosmic powers that can't control their shit, hello Guardians of OA.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I like the movie as I was watching it, but like it less as I reflect on it. It was fine, but a lot seemed to be off.
    Starting from the initial background scroll, the cosmology it presents is incoherent with itself. Arishem created everything, but suddenly the Deviants came. Came from where? He created everything!

They never quite bridged the gap between how people respond with "gods walk among us" and "the gods do nothing when terrible things happen." On either the human or the Eternal side, really. At least the conflict between these ideas is significant on the Eternal side, but I would have expected more beseeching and praying on the human side.

I liked Dane and his hints at the Black Knight, but he was very superfluous to the story in how he was treated. I suppose it was important to give an example of Sersi making human connections to ground her love for humans in general, but I don't know that it was needed and he felt a bit out of place.

The evolving Deviant storyline was crammed in. Leaving aside why this one was able to evolve in the first place (how did it know how to siphon Ajak?) and why, after absorbing only two Eternals, it mutated into human form, the conflict at the end was forced. The Eternals are fighting amongst themselves, many-on-one, in an effort to either stop or to allow Emergence - and then Kra shows up, takes a few swings, and runs into a cave to wait for Thena. Why is he there and how did he know where to go? How did he get there? Do they really have time to care about him when the end of the world is about to happen? Aside from granting Thena some revenge for Gil his presence and death does nothing to address the plot (again, the WORLD IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE).

Kingo's absence from the final confrontation was disappointing. Philosophically, given the belief he presented (that they had no right to stop Emergence/birth of a Celestial but he did not want to fight against any of them), not being there makes sense, but it robs the character of a role in the climax of the film. As someone who was so much a part of humanity and yet also a devotee of Ikaris, their confrontation had a lot of potential to allow him to reconsider his views and to be present on the "good guys'" side. How much of his views were shaped by Ikaris' views, given his clear adoration of the guy, versus what he felt in his heart as we saw when he didn't want to stop filming his movie because of what would happen with his cast? Also, this made him the only live Eternal to not be a part of the Uni-mind, regardless of stance on pro/anti-Emergence.

Ikaris was told the truth by Ajak "after we went our separate ways." That was the fall of the Aztec empire in 1521, given that we saw Spaniards burning Tenochtitlan. He had 500 years to know the truth, versus the 6500 before that where he presumably was living among humans and guiding them and building relationships with them not knowing his true purpose. But that 500 years was enough to make him such a zealot, to where he was willing to push Ajak to her death by Deviants? Seemed implausible. Also, how did Ikaris fly into the sun? Yes, I know they want him to be "superman" and Ikaris/Icarus flying into the sun is poetic, but they never gave any suggestion that he could breathe in vacuum/didn't have to breathe at all, or was anywhere near durable enough to survive to get that close. He gets harmed multiple times by Deviants, he's not invulnerable!

Also in general Eternals don't age, but can be wounded and can die. They've got powers but they're still ultimately mortal. Seems like a poor way to build a set of warriors, Arishem!
    Arishem’s poor decision making seems like the biggest problem with the movie.

His fuck up with the deviants seems reasonable enough - I need more sentients but they keep getting fucking eaten because it takes too long for tool use to beat big teeth and claws; I’ll make some things to eat the things eating smart animals.

But then his solution is to create the Eternals? Making servants with free will and a propensity for caring about their charges whose memories you have to wipe after each planet seems wildly, needlessly complex. Soulless automatons seem like they’d have done the job better, without the possibility of betrayal. And we now know that more than one set of Eternals have had at least some of their number go rogue. After the first time you’d think Arishem would have gone back to the world forge on the whole idea.

Also the whole “Celestials need to exist because we create suns and without us the universe would go dark and cold” is stupid on par with the Matrix human battery thing.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Arishem:
    Arishem is a Celestial, and Celestials are all about creating life. IIRC he's not exactly the most creative of all of the celestials (his title is typically The Judge) but I can absolutely see him doing it because he could and because he was curious. Same reason why he made so many different kinds of them with different powers - godly, perverse curiosity un-tethered from morality as we know it. Even the deviants were sentient! Perhaps he thought it would be fine so long as only one of them knew the true mission, and they would do better with the ability to interact with life on the planet.

But yes, he is 100% an unreliable narrator, and I think there's only so much we can trust from him. Especially in the beginning scroll.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I like the movie as I was watching it, but like it less as I reflect on it. It was fine, but a lot seemed to be off.
    Starting from the initial background scroll, the cosmology it presents is incoherent with itself. Arishem created everything, but suddenly the Deviants came. Came from where? He created everything!

They never quite bridged the gap between how people respond with "gods walk among us" and "the gods do nothing when terrible things happen." On either the human or the Eternal side, really. At least the conflict between these ideas is significant on the Eternal side, but I would have expected more beseeching and praying on the human side.

I liked Dane and his hints at the Black Knight, but he was very superfluous to the story in how he was treated. I suppose it was important to give an example of Sersi making human connections to ground her love for humans in general, but I don't know that it was needed and he felt a bit out of place.

The evolving Deviant storyline was crammed in. Leaving aside why this one was able to evolve in the first place (how did it know how to siphon Ajak?) and why, after absorbing only two Eternals, it mutated into human form, the conflict at the end was forced. The Eternals are fighting amongst themselves, many-on-one, in an effort to either stop or to allow Emergence - and then Kra shows up, takes a few swings, and runs into a cave to wait for Thena. Why is he there and how did he know where to go? How did he get there? Do they really have time to care about him when the end of the world is about to happen? Aside from granting Thena some revenge for Gil his presence and death does nothing to address the plot (again, the WORLD IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE).

Kingo's absence from the final confrontation was disappointing. Philosophically, given the belief he presented (that they had no right to stop Emergence/birth of a Celestial but he did not want to fight against any of them), not being there makes sense, but it robs the character of a role in the climax of the film. As someone who was so much a part of humanity and yet also a devotee of Ikaris, their confrontation had a lot of potential to allow him to reconsider his views and to be present on the "good guys'" side. How much of his views were shaped by Ikaris' views, given his clear adoration of the guy, versus what he felt in his heart as we saw when he didn't want to stop filming his movie because of what would happen with his cast? Also, this made him the only live Eternal to not be a part of the Uni-mind, regardless of stance on pro/anti-Emergence.

Ikaris was told the truth by Ajak "after we went our separate ways." That was the fall of the Aztec empire in 1521, given that we saw Spaniards burning Tenochtitlan. He had 500 years to know the truth, versus the 6500 before that where he presumably was living among humans and guiding them and building relationships with them not knowing his true purpose. But that 500 years was enough to make him such a zealot, to where he was willing to push Ajak to her death by Deviants? Seemed implausible. Also, how did Ikaris fly into the sun? Yes, I know they want him to be "superman" and Ikaris/Icarus flying into the sun is poetic, but they never gave any suggestion that he could breathe in vacuum/didn't have to breathe at all, or was anywhere near durable enough to survive to get that close. He gets harmed multiple times by Deviants, he's not invulnerable!

Also in general Eternals don't age, but can be wounded and can die. They've got powers but they're still ultimately mortal. Seems like a poor way to build a set of warriors, Arishem!
    Arishem’s poor decision making seems like the biggest problem with the movie.

His fuck up with the deviants seems reasonable enough - I need more sentients but they keep getting fucking eaten because it takes too long for tool use to beat big teeth and claws; I’ll make some things to eat the things eating smart animals.

But then his solution is to create the Eternals? Making servants with free will and a propensity for caring about their charges whose memories you have to wipe after each planet seems wildly, needlessly complex. Soulless automatons seem like they’d have done the job better, without the possibility of betrayal. And we now know that more than one set of Eternals have had at least some of their number go rogue. After the first time you’d think Arishem would have gone back to the world forge on the whole idea.

Also the whole “Celestials need to exist because we create suns and without us the universe would go dark and cold” is stupid on par with the Matrix human battery thing.

Eternals
    I think that's the point of the Celestials in the movie. The Eternals partially understand how horrible their decisions are but haven't completely abandoned the brainwashing to fully grasp how insane their gods are. Which should be gone into with the sequels.

Are Marvel setting Infinity Watch? We have Gamora, Drax and Adam Warlock in Guardians and now we have
    Pip the Troll.

Eternals stinger
    I've heard the voice off-screen who speaks to Dane is Blade.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Eternals stinger
    That was my assumption just on the basis of Blade being the only upcoming MCU film I’m aware of with a Black main character. But I’ve no idea what Black Night’s deal is or if it makes sense for Blade to be giving him shit.

• Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    Watched Blade again for the first time 20+ years. Apart from some bad CGI it still holds up really well. I had forgotten just how badass Snipes was.

• Options
    Eternals stinger
    That was my assumption just on the basis of Blade being the only upcoming MCU film I’m aware of with a Black main character. But I’ve no idea what Black Night’s deal is or if it makes sense for Blade to be giving him shit.

Black Knight stuff:
    Black Knight/Dane Whitman is Arthurian in origin, and I don't think has anything specifically to do with vampires. At various times, it's been either a literal body possession/swap thing, or sometimes just the spirit within the Ebony Blade guides him or tempts him, depending. Said spirit is the original Black Knight of antiquity, Sir Percy of Scandia, and Dane is his descendant. Dane/Black Knight also rides a pegasus and is sworn to fight against Mordred should he ever return. Dane was an Avenger for a while in the 90s and had a romantic relationship with Sersi the Eternal, hence his inclusion in this film.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Eternals stinger
    Inappropriate for a white man to be called the Black Knight, maybe?
    Probably not.
    Black Knight stuff:
    Black Knight/Dane Whitman is Arthurian in origin, and I don't think has anything specifically to do with vampires.

I don't think it has, but...
    Anything that sets up a history where King Arthur fought Count Dracula gets a thumbs up in my book. In fact, I would watch a movie that's just that.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Eternals stinger
    Inappropriate for a white man to be called the Black Knight, maybe?
    Probably not.
    Black Knight stuff:
    Black Knight/Dane Whitman is Arthurian in origin, and I don't think has anything specifically to do with vampires.

I don't think it has, but...
    Anything that sets up a history where King Arthur fought Count Dracula gets a thumbs up in my book. In fact, I would watch a movie that's just that.

Let me tell you about Guy Ritchie's King Arthur: legend of the sword...

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Was it really 39 hours? I sort of lost track, but I did go grocery shopping after the movie, which justifies being a little off.

Overall? I liked it. I haven't DISliked an MCU movie yet, and this was at least better than Iron Man 2 and Incredible Hulk, possible better than the first two Thors as well, not sure after that. At the very least, I admire the ambition. Not to mention the diversity of the cast. Two months ago, it was a big deal to have an MCU film with an Asian lead, and now we have one starring an Asian woman, part of an ensemble that's 7/10ths people of color in some way.
    Going into the plot, I have to agree that the "evolved" Deviant was a bit of a miss, plot-wise. I thought the movie was going to end with them reconciling with him, possibly even teaming up with him against Ikaris and/or teaming up in the Unimind. After all, they're all essentially victims/tools of the Celestials. It's what Doctor Who would have done!
    Yes, I know that's not Their actual NAME, shut up.

Some other notes:

So I guess this adds a +1 to the modern trend of "Evil Superman expies," huh?

Interesting that this is the first time in a while we haven't had a single cameo from the rest of the MCU. I was honestly expecting Captain Marvel or one of the Sorcerers in a post-credit scene. Come on, Strange at least has to know the Eternals exist, right?

Also, this was a dumb moment for me. The entire time I watched this film, I was certain that Sprite was played by Maisie Williams. It wasn't until I checked the Wikipedia afterwards that I learned the actual actress' name. Whoops! I think I was getting confused with her role in New Mutatnts, plus partial face blindness on my part.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Was it really 39 hours? I sort of lost track, but I did go grocery shopping after the movie, which justifies being a little off.

Overall? I liked it. I haven't DISliked an MCU movie yet, and this was at least better than Iron Man 2 and Incredible Hulk, possible better than the first two Thors as well, not sure after that. At the very least, I admire the ambition. Not to mention the diversity of the cast. Two months ago, it was a big deal to have an MCU film with an Asian lead, and now we have one starring an Asian woman, part of an ensemble that's 7/10ths people of color in some way.
    Going into the plot, I have to agree that the "evolved" Deviant was a bit of a miss, plot-wise. I thought the movie was going to end with them reconciling with him, possibly even teaming up with him against Ikaris and/or teaming up in the Unimind. After all, they're all essentially victims/tools of the Celestials. It's what Doctor Who would have done!
    Yes, I know that's not Their actual NAME, shut up.

Some other notes:

So I guess this adds a +1 to the modern trend of "Evil Superman expies," huh?

Interesting that this is the first time in a while we haven't had a single cameo from the rest of the MCU. I was honestly expecting Captain Marvel or one of the Sorcerers in a post-credit scene. Come on, Strange at least has to know the Eternals exist, right?

Also, this was a dumb moment for me. The entire time I watched this film, I was certain that Sprite was played by Maisie Williams. It wasn't until I checked the Wikipedia afterwards that I learned the actual actress' name. Whoops! I think I was getting confused with her role in New Mutatnts, plus partial face blindness on my part.
    I'd guess the sorcerers probably know about the Eternals in terms of "There's a book or 50 in Wong's library about them" but they went their separate ways and have basically vanished into the background for 500 years. I doubt anyone on Earth was actually keeping track of them anymore.

According to Sprite (I think it was Sprite? Unless it was Kingo or Druig) some of them used to hang out with the Asgardians on the regular but Loki's currently dead-adjacent and Thor is off-world.

I do find it weird, though, that none of the usual suspects showed up at the Celestial's emergence. The Agency Formerly Known as SHIELD and Now Primarily Comprised of Skrulls should certainly have noticed/tracked what was going on via satellites and I'd think the Wakandans and Sorcerers would have shown up as well. I was honestly expecting this to be how we found out where Banner broke his arm.

I'd agree Eternals is easily better than the worst MCU movies. I find it hard to rank beyond that. I think it was a good movie but ,it was a lot less fun than most MCU films. It had more to say about immortal super-humans and their responsiblities to/interactions with regular humanity, certainly, but I'm not exactly itching to watch it again. Like, I don't not want to see it again but I think I picked up what it was putting down and the action sequences and B-plot were just kind of there.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Saw Eternals. Really enjoyed it! Not sure how much I'd want to rewatch but I appreciate the MCU's "just go for it" attitude towards some of the more out there aspects of the comics and that this one broke out of the traditional Marvel mold.

I realized that it retroactively
    Makes Thanos's plan a lot less crazy. Even if Thanos may not have known, wiping out half of all life prevents Celestials from emerging and destroying all life on those planets, at least for a long time.

Still not a great plan, though.

• Options
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Saw Eternals. Really enjoyed it! Not sure how much I'd want to rewatch but I appreciate the MCU's "just go for it" attitude towards some of the more out there aspects of the comics and that this one broke out of the traditional Marvel mold.

I realized that it retroactively
    Makes Thanos's plan a lot less crazy. Even if Thanos may not have known, wiping out half of all life prevents Celestials from emerging and destroying all life on those planets, at least for a long time.

Still not a great plan, though.
    Not for that long. Population growth is really fucking fast with advanced technology.

Also, if we believe Arishem, the emergence of new celestials is necessary for the continued existence of life in the universe.

I’m pretty sure we shouldn’t trust Arishem about that, but still, that’s the info Thanos would have.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Kinda funny how Spider-man has become the banner holder for marvels multiverse

Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I still don't see how they can possibly compete with Into the Spiderverse, but here we go anyway.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I still don't see how they can possibly compete with Into the Spiderverse, but here we go anyway.

I liked that movie and I'll probably like this one too so *shrug*

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Eternals Spoilers:
    If nothing else, it floored me that they referenced both Batman and Superman in the same film.

Yeah, sure, a valet/butler can be named Alfred by coincidence, but straight up saying superman caught me off guard.

To a layperson, that doesn’t feel like the kind of throwaway gag to make lightly.

Maybe it’s just a friendly agreement between the studios to make some casual riffs that take the piss out of how serious elements of the fanbase can get.

Or it’s a giant “come at me bro”.

Either way, I laughed.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

By throwing in every villain they possibly can. Screw it, I'm down for a Sinister Six film.
    (and Black Cat)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Screw it, me and the boys are down for a Sinister Six film.
    yxyVBCr.png

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I've not seen Eternals yet but I'm calling it now with the recent comics ret-coning of the Ebon Blade that we're going to get Knull as the big bad for the next Marvel phase past the Kang stuff. It's also how they'll really cement Venom into the MCU.

It will also be a mess.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Saw some stuff about Knull a while back, seems like some edge lord supreme content.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I did not find the King in Black event to be all that great.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    King in Black was terrible. Ignoring all the symbiote retconning, introducing someone who is just stronger than everyone, until he's not...

It wasn't an interesting story or character design.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I've not seen Eternals yet but I'm calling it now with the recent comics ret-coning of the Ebon Blade that we're going to get Knull as the big bad for the next Marvel phase past the Kang stuff. It's also how they'll really cement Venom into the MCU.

It will also be a mess.

I really hope the phase thing ends before long, it's going to start getting really sloppy if they start digging into all these C and D tier sandboxes for new villains and arcs.

Then again, maybe we'll get a Slapstick movie out of the deal.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I thought we were already done with phases?

Everything since Far From Home.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I didn't read King in Black but the timing around all the ret-conning with him and Thor, the Celestials, Black Knight, etc etc along with what is happening in the films just seems too on the nose for me. It feels very much like some executive working behind the scenes to pull the comics and MCU into more SYNERGY.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Also Gorr is going to be in the next Thor, who they also retconned into that mess.

• Options
    Eternals and Earth's/humankind's history:
    Thinking about it, why did Arishem send the Deviants to Earth in the first place? The movie establishes that they're sent to kill off predators that would prohibit intelligent life from developing. But by the time the ancestors of humans appeared the dinosaurs were already long gone, and they're the only predators that would be enough to stifle development of humankind from a population perspective - environmental pressures would be the main challenge. Also, things like agriculture were already developed by around 8500 BC or earlier depending on where on Earth you pick, a few millennia before the Eternals supposedly arrived. I guess this can be handwaved with "the Marvel Earth history is different from our Earth's history" which, really, it would have to be given the existence of both Eternals and Deviants, but really would it have killed them to set the arrival time to something like 8000 BC? Then they could say they've been on earth for a nice even 10,000 years and still be closer to accurate.

• Options
    Thinking about it, why did Arishem send the Deviants to Earth in the first place? The movie establishes that they're sent to kill off predators that would prohibit intelligent life from developing. But by the time the ancestors of humans appeared the dinosaurs were already long gone, and they're the only predators that would be enough to stifle development of humankind from a population perspective - environmental pressures would be the main challenge. Also, things like agriculture were already developed by around 8500 BC or earlier depending on where on Earth you pick, a few millennia before the Eternals supposedly arrived. I guess this can be handwaved with "the Marvel Earth history is different from our Earth's history" which, really, it would have to be given the existence of both Eternals and Deviants, but really would it have killed them to set the arrival time to something like 8000 BC? Then they could say they've been on earth for a nice even 10,000 years and still be closer to accurate.
    I don't think Arishem sent the deviants to Earth. He created them and sent them out to other planets but they evolved and spread beyond where he'd planted them. He created the Eternals to undo that error. The specific team of Eternals on Earth have been getting shuffled planet-to-planet for millions of years, implying the whole "Whoops, the deviants are out of control" event happened at least that long ago.

How the deviants we saw manage to travel between planets, though, I've no idea.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular

Exactly....

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    So then is there
    a deviant named chixculub

• Options
    ouchiesouchies Registered User regular
    Question I had about Dane Whitman:
    When the Eternals get back inside the Domo, Sprite and Thena are talking about a sword where Sprite asks "is that the Ebony Blade?" and Thena replies "Excalibur." How does that end up back in Dane's office in the post credit scene. I'm not familiar with all the backstory, but that jumped out at me as a head scratcher.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Ebony Blade and Excalibur are two separate swords.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    ouchies wrote: »
    When the Eternals get back inside the Domo, Sprite and Thena are talking about a sword where Sprite asks "is that the Ebony Blade?" and Thena replies "Excalibur." How does that end up back in Dane's office in the post credit scene. I'm not familiar with all the backstory, but that jumped out at me as a head scratcher.
    My guess is that they were aware that the Ebony Blade existed, but that it’s not in their possession. So it gets mentioned as a wink towards the people that know and then the payoff comes in the after credits

• Options
    ouchiesouchies Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    My guess is that they were aware that the Ebony Blade existed, but that it’s not in their possession. So it gets mentioned as a wink towards the people that know and then the payoff comes in the after credits
    Gotcha, for some reason when Sprite said one name and Thena said another name, I thought they were saying that the sword goes by two names. It's a small world with these magical swords.

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »
    Gotcha, for some reason when Sprite said one name and Thena said another name, I thought they were saying that the sword goes by two names. It's a small world with these magical swords.
    Its made envelopes more complicated because the current story about the Ebony Blade is that it was made by Merlin himself and the original Black Knight did fight for King Arthur, who had Excalibur. But they are still two different swords.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Also Gorr is going to be in the next Thor, who they also retconned into that mess.

To be clear for non-comic people, Gorr is good and he has a great arc. They retconned his cool black sword to be a symbiote.
    Kana wrote: »

I'm pretty sad they're so blatantly showing off the
    Goblin. Goblin is Spidey's arch nemesis and iconic of the original films (Doc Ock is as well but he's not an out and out villain in that)
    and seeing him appear in the film without warning would have been amazing.

• Options
    I mean
    The goblin laugh and pumpkin bombs were already in the teaser trailer that was released. Cat’s out of the bag on that one.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Also not everyone pays attention to prerelease material, this is just the place to share stuff like that

This discussion has been closed.