As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MCU Movies] Thor: Love and Thunder hits on July 8 CLOSED SPOILERS

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Boy, he really hits a lot of the issues on the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGgaYSk28IM
    -It's gonna be crazy to see him going around, butchering gods!
    -Yeah, that's all gonna happen off screen.

-Butchering all these gods in amazing ways we're never gonna see!

-She has stage 4 cancer! Don't worry, everything's still gonna be hilarious, all the time.

-Jane's also a Thor!
    -It's gonna be cool to see her transform for the first time!
    -No, that's gonna be off screen.

-Thor goes to this city where a bunch of gods live!
    -All these gods in one place, that's the perfect setup for a Gorr the Butcher action scene!
    -You know it. Anyway.

Pitch Meeting has never, in it's existence, "hit a lot of issues on the head".

Also? Nails.

"Hit a lot of nails on the head" is the idiom.

Issues don't fucking have heads.

Ahem

Anyways Pitch Meeting is a less shitty version of Cinema Sins. Partly because it tries harder to be funny, partly because it's usually it's less pedantic, but mostly because it's shorter so there's less time to be utter shit.

I mean I get it if you watch it and think "HAWHAW, THIS GUY IS FUNNY!" but please stop posting his bullshit while implying it's even remotely relevant, thoughtful, or insightful.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Pitch Meeting does a great job of summarizing basic continuity discrepancies while not being yet another outlet for screaming neckbeard incels mad at women and the queers

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Saw it tonight and thought it was pretty average.

Felt like it was all pay-off without the build up or character building required to make it mean anything. Ragnarok did this so well , so I'm surprised it failed here.

I've seen a lot of comments saying it felt tonally off and that perhaps there's too much humour; I don't buy that. Ragnarok was (IMO) a funnier movie and didn't suffer for it. The problem here was that without sufficient build-up and character development, the Awesome Hero Moments didn't really feel awesome, so the comedic deflation didn't really work either.
    The child-army thing could have been incredible with a little bit of plot relevant foreshadowing or development - maybe Jane uses her SCIENCE to discover a hitherto unknown function of Mjolnir allowing Thor to supercharge the kids??

Ragnarok had Thor, Banner, Valyrie, Hela, Hulk, Loki and Skurge, who all had satisfying arcs that all got a pay-off in the final battle scene. There was very little of that here. As a result, this felt like an average action-comedy rather than an awesome action movie that is also very funny.

Unpopular Opinion time: Jane Foster is dull, her entire storyline felt like an ass-pull, the movie would have been better off without her storyline, giving the other characters a chance to breathe. We needed more time with Gorr - time to see and understand his abilities, his motivations, and simply to establish him as a threat. Maybe, I dunno, show him actually killing a couple of gods? How the hell did he kill that gigantic one? That sure would have been a great scene to include...!

The best parts were: Gorr, who as a villain represents a kind of malevolent sadness that was absolutely fascinating. Tessa Thompson, who oozes charisma and has chemistry with basically everyone, Hemsworth himself who has outstanding comedic chops as well as godly pecs.

Random thoughts:
    How come Gorr's kid has superpowers? Why didn't Thor take adult Asgardians to Eternity and supercharge them? How is Gorr travelling around, how did he find Eternity so easily when it's built up to be this great unfindable thing? So is Thor + the GotG just not going to be a thing?
    The film sort of arblegarbled something about Gorr's kid in the final voiceover. The child born of Eternity, so I guess Gorr wished for his daughter back and Eternity threw in a grab-bag of powers for free. And the gist was that Eternity is a one-time offer to whoever shows up first, which is why Thor gave is little monologue and went back to hang with Jane, since once Gorr stepped through the door it was game over as far as him getting his wish.

Gorr traveling around and finding the gate to Eternity is fridge logic land unfortunately. I complain about how Abrams doesn't understand that space is big, but holy crapsacks does the MCU universe seem trivially small in this movie. Just straight up Gorr and Thor need to be at the Gates of Eternity and bammo, they're there, don't even know how Thor managed it without Stormbringer. Did they scrounge up some bifrost action or something? I forget.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »

Felt like it was all pay-off without the build up or character building required to make it mean anything. Ragnarok did this so well , so I'm surprised it failed here.

I've seen a lot of comments saying it felt tonally off and that perhaps there's too much humour; I don't buy that. Ragnarok was (IMO) a funnier movie and didn't suffer for it. The problem here was that without sufficient build-up and character development, the Awesome Hero Moments didn't really feel awesome, so the comedic deflation didn't really work either.
    The child-army thing could have been incredible with a little bit of plot relevant foreshadowing or development - maybe Jane uses her SCIENCE to discover a hitherto unknown function of Mjolnir allowing Thor to supercharge the kids??

Ragnarok had Thor, Banner, Valyrie, Hela, Hulk, Loki and Skurge, who all had satisfying arcs that all got a pay-off in the final battle scene. There was very little of that here. As a result, this felt like an average action-comedy rather than an awesome action movie that is also very funny.

Unpopular Opinion time: Jane Foster is dull, her entire storyline felt like an ass-pull, the movie would have been better off without her storyline, giving the other characters a chance to breathe. We needed more time with Gorr - time to see and understand his abilities, his motivations, and simply to establish him as a threat. Maybe, I dunno, show him actually killing a couple of gods? How the hell did he kill that gigantic one? That sure would have been a great scene to include...!

The best parts were: Gorr, who as a villain represents a kind of malevolent sadness that was absolutely fascinating. Tessa Thompson, who oozes charisma and has chemistry with basically everyone, Hemsworth himself who has outstanding comedic chops as well as godly pecs.

Random thoughts:
    How come Gorr's kid has superpowers? Why didn't Thor take adult Asgardians to Eternity and supercharge them? How is Gorr travelling around, how did he find Eternity so easily when it's built up to be this great unfindable thing? So is Thor + the GotG just not going to be a thing?
    The film sort of arblegarbled something about Gorr's kid in the final voiceover. The child born of Eternity, so I guess Gorr wished for his daughter back and Eternity threw in a grab-bag of powers for free. And the gist was that Eternity is a one-time offer to whoever shows up first, which is why Thor gave is little monologue and went back to hang with Jane, since once Gorr stepped through the door it was game over as far as him getting his wish.

Gorr traveling around and finding the gate to Eternity is fridge logic land unfortunately. I complain about how Abrams doesn't understand that space is big, but holy crapsacks does the MCU universe seem trivially small in this movie. Just straight up Gorr and Thor need to be at the Gates of Eternity and bammo, they're there, don't even know how Thor managed it without Stormbringer. Did they scrounge up some bifrost action or something? I forget.

No it just turns out
    that thunderbolt can teleport you to anywhere in the universe because why not

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Random thoughts:

Stormbringer opened the gate, Thor didn't stop it in time.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Boy, he really hits a lot of the issues on the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGgaYSk28IM
    -It's gonna be crazy to see him going around, butchering gods!
    -Yeah, that's all gonna happen off screen.

-Butchering all these gods in amazing ways we're never gonna see!

-She has stage 4 cancer! Don't worry, everything's still gonna be hilarious, all the time.

-Jane's also a Thor!
    -It's gonna be cool to see her transform for the first time!
    -No, that's gonna be off screen.

-Thor goes to this city where a bunch of gods live!
    -All these gods in one place, that's the perfect setup for a Gorr the Butcher action scene!
    -You know it. Anyway.

I mean I get it if you watch it and think "HAWHAW, THIS GUY IS FUNNY!" but please stop posting his bullshit while implying it's even remotely relevant, thoughtful, or insightful.

No, I think his reviews are genuinely insightful, while also being funny. He legitimately points out serious continuity errors in a humorous but non-hostile way.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Random thoughts:

i think the quesiton was/is
    how did thor get to where gorr was? from the shadow planet with the empty cage, thor just appears where gorr is.
    also a missed opportunity to tie gorrs wish to what thor would wish for (saving the child or saving jane). is one really more worthy than another?

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Pitch Meeting does a great job of summarizing basic continuity discrepancies while not being yet another outlet for screaming neckbeard incels mad at women and the queers

Yeah I personally love Pitch Meeting. The one for Cats is amazing :3 But to each their own :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Those godawful thumbnails all but guarantee I will never watch their videos.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Random thoughts:

Not
    the opening of the gate, getting to the gate's location. Which appears to have been done via thunderbolt or something.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    The only "media review" stuff I watch on youtube is typically Pitch Meeting, How it Should Have Ended, and Honest Trailers.

They all seem to do a good job of finding humorous ways to describe bits in movies that don't make sense, and as it's been pointed out, they're not the other 99% of people who just spew shit for 45 minutes. Their videos are always under 10 minutes, usually under 5.

Hell Honest Trailers for Stranger Things S4 was a much needed palette cleanser after the Finale.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed T4OR about 60% as much as I enjoyed Ragnarok, which is still my top Thor movie and prolly in my top 3 MCU movies.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_4Eb4UJIBY&ab_channel=Solidjj
    So I posted one of these in the DCEU thread a while back and figured why not do one in the marvel thread too :P

Gaddez on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I love Pitch Meeting (being concise, like Sweden's flag, is a big plus), but Ryan George's other content is better.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular

The thumbnails are really really bad but you should give it a chance, the actual videos have none of that clickbait energy.

• Options
    Zek wrote: »

The thumbnails are really really bad but you should give it a chance, the actual videos have none of that clickbait energy.

Yeah there's like no bullshit intro/plug, no mid cut/plug either.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Caught this last night, having somehow avoided pretty much all spoilers. Just in time because a spoiler showed up for the mid-credit scene on my feed this morning.

Really enjoyed it, one of the jokes I thought wore out it's welcome a little bit but someone else above said it was one of their favourites so I'm not going to say it's bad. I had heard it leaned even harder into the comedy angle than Ragnarok so I think that helped with setting expections.

I thought Bale was great as Gorr.
    I wish we'd seen more of Mighty Thor, but at the same time hope Valhalla isn't revealed to be just another realm people can come back from or anything.

The moment with the Goat Boat flying into the Shadow Realm, all colour draining out of everything, somber moment and then *bam* faceplant into the planetoid that looked like it was still miles away was amazing.

I don't think I rate it as highly as Ragnarok, but I think Ragnarok had a bit of the element of surprise in terms of being something different to Thor 1 and 2. We're a lot more used to goofy Thor now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    I wish we'd seen more of Mighty Thor, but at the same time hope Valhalla isn't revealed to be just another realm people can come back from or anything.
    This was my first thought. ‘You’re only as dead as the story needs you to be’ is a common comic trope.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Caught this last night, having somehow avoided pretty much all spoilers. Just in time because a spoiler showed up for the mid-credit scene on my feed this morning.

Really enjoyed it, one of the jokes I thought wore out it's welcome a little bit but someone else above said it was one of their favourites so I'm not going to say it's bad. I had heard it leaned even harder into the comedy angle than Ragnarok so I think that helped with setting expections.

The moment with the Goat Boat flying into the Shadow Realm, all colour draining out of everything, somber moment and then *bam* faceplant into the planetoid that looked like it was still miles away was amazing.

I don't think I rate it as highly as Ragnarok, but I think Ragnarok had a bit of the element of surprise in terms of being something different to Thor 1 and 2. We're a lot more used to goofy Thor now.
    They're definitely spinning up towards something with all the afterlifes they've been showing. So far, every afterlife somebody has described has been real. At a minimum, there's a Wakandan, Egyptian, and Norse afterlife, each with their own gods involved. And we saw Eternals in the god city, so either those are dead Eternals that came to hang out or Eternals are gods and can move in and out of "god" spaces like the afterlife. And if they can move in and out of those spaces, well, there you go.

Though I was thinking about this film and kind of a problem with the god-killing is that gods seems very killable anyway in the MCU? Heimdal, Odin, Frigga, Loki, and at least a handful of the Egyptian gods have all been killed. The Egyptian gods were killed by another like themselves at least, but Odin died of basically old age (despite being younger than Zeus), Heimdal died in conventional battle, and Loki was killed by conventional stranglification (albeit by Thanos, something of a demi-god). Frigga was killed by the Dark Elves and they weren't gods.

It seems to be like killing gods is no big deal, you just need to keep them from teleporting away or something long enough to cause death.
    Except for Zeus? Thor put a hole right through the guy and it just seemed to be a minor annoyance after he woke up. Why is Zeus seemingly full immortal and the other gods could die from, I dunno, Hulk beating them to death with a really big lamp post?

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Regarding god killing
    They seem to have been making a distinction between gods and ‘creator gods’ - that was a term Thor used for the kinds of gods in the Omnipotent City.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Regarding god killing
    They seem to have been making a distinction between gods and ‘creator gods’ - that was a term Thor used for the kinds of gods in the Omnipotent City.

Ah, I missed that bit. Then I just have one question:
    What the fuck can the God of Bao do to justify getting in on the council and invited to the orgy?

Aside from providing delicious bao.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    They also made a big deal of
    the sword specifically killing gods, zeus is shot with the lightning bolt.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

They're definitely spinning up towards something with all the afterlifes they've been showing. So far, every afterlife somebody has described has been real. At a minimum, there's a Wakandan, Egyptian, and Norse afterlife, each with their own gods involved. And we saw Eternals in the god city, so either those are dead Eternals that came to hang out or Eternals are gods and can move in and out of "god" spaces like the afterlife. And if they can move in and out of those spaces, well, there you go.

Though I was thinking about this film and kind of a problem with the god-killing is that gods seems very killable anyway in the MCU? Heimdal, Odin, Frigga, Loki, and at least a handful of the Egyptian gods have all been killed. The Egyptian gods were killed by another like themselves at least, but Odin died of basically old age (despite being younger than Zeus), Heimdal died in conventional battle, and Loki was killed by conventional stranglification (albeit by Thanos, something of a demi-god). Frigga was killed by the Dark Elves and they weren't gods.

It seems to be like killing gods is no big deal, you just need to keep them from teleporting away or something long enough to cause death.
    Except for Zeus? Thor put a hole right through the guy and it just seemed to be a minor annoyance after he woke up. Why is Zeus seemingly full immortal and the other gods could die from, I dunno, Hulk beating them to death with a really big lamp post?

To the second spoiler
    Zeus got hit by his own magic weapon. Considering the way Zeus was playing with the Bolt, he may be immune to the effects entirely.
    Frankly, Thor's lucky that it didn't just juice him up and piss him off to start a bigger fight.

If I was going to give more credit than is likely due, Zeus knew the threat that the God Butcher posed, but also knew that telling the rest of the gods would be a capital b - Bad Thing. He played the fool to keep the gods calm and sitting in the freshly buttered orgy pits to protect them all. One god on the warpath is terrifying, multiple pantheons? You're looking at planets being razed by the hundreds. I'm not sure if MCU gods derive power from belief (I can't believe that Zeus would be top of the hill if so, but...), the death of that many planets would have a serious impact on their power if so.

So, Zeus taunts Thor into attacking him with a weapon that Zeus is (largely?) immune to and lets Thor steal his Lightning Bolt weapon and escape so the rest of the gods don't panic. Zeus takes the hit, and takes a full on dive.
    Zeus knows that Thor, being one of the few active gods who gives a crap about anything other than god orgies, is going to venture forth, but will do so with some restraint rather than with a full on "kill em all, and we'll sort them out later, maybe." attitude that the other gods would employ in order to protect themselves from the Wielder of All-Black, the Necrosword.

Regarding the planets being razed, I suspect that this would really piss off the Celestials for reasons give in The Eternals.
    My head canon is that the Celestials are largely responsible for the restraint showed by the alien races in combat. The Asgardians using medieval weapons and magic, Loki and his Chi'tauri showing up on scooters with laser staffs and sky dragons (as opposed to bombarding the planet from orbit), Ronan vs the Nova Force's force shield: rather than just blowing each other up they got into a space ship pushing match. Even Thanos showing up on Earth landed ground troops to play (relatively) nice with the Wakandans instead of just nuking everything from orbit or dropping the moon in the middle of Africa.
    It's a well worn Sci-Fi trope that any race capable of FTL travel is also capable of breaking a planet. But despite having FTL capabilities, the battles we've seen seem to be done with considerable restraint from what could have been done. Consider, Rocket was able to build a gun capable of blowing up a moon from scrap. Sure, he may be an unusually gifted engineer, but he can't be a uniquely gifted engineer in weapon design given the population of the galaxy.
    That would also explain why Earth dicking around with an infinity stone to open a space portal in the Avengers movie being a sign that they're ready for a higher form of combat could have meant "You just sent up a flag for a celestial being the size of your moon to show up soon and have a word about "Acceptable use of force", and you're not going to like how they feel about nukes...". Of course, "soon" has a different meaning for a creature who watches stars being born and die between naps.

All of the gods going on the warpath and wiping out swaths of inhabited planets... I'm pretty sure Arishem wouldn't give them the chance to explain before calling all of the Celestials to war and finishing off what Gorr had started.
    So, Zeus takes a dive, subtly hooks Thor up with a new weapon and abilities while keeping the other gods from pissing off all of the Celestials and sparking off a war that could wipe out the Multiverse.

Sure, it's a stretch. But I'd like to believe that some of the gods weren't complete shit.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I just hope that all this god stuff isn't leading towards them doing Chaos War

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    re: Gods Dying
    I assumed Zeus was in Hades or Purgatory or whatever after the bolt, like how Asgardians are in Valhalla, and is pretty much done power-wise, which is why he's sending in Roy Kent

amateurhour on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I'm torn on Love and Thunder. I feel like this is the movie that made me realize I should appreciate MCU stories more individually, rather than in the aggregate. There's not a big Infinity War we're building towards, not anytime soon at least.
    I generally liked the individual moments. The God city was cool as hell. I appreciate how sympathetic the villain was. Mighty Thor was cool, and her story was tragic and affecting. Korg was funny as always, as was the whole "Stormbreaker is jealous of Mjollnir" thing. My favorite moments were the initial Guardians of the Galaxy mission, the moment where Thor gave his power to the children, and how they convinced the villain to choose to save someone instead of kill the gods (though, honestly, he probably could have used a one-time wish to bring all of his people back if he wanted.) More Sif is nice, and I'm glad at least ONE of Thor's old friends still survived.

I wasn't a huge fan of the main plot, though. Part of the problem is that they made Thor a bit too stupid. At the end of Thor: Ragnarok, they were setting him up to be a wise ruler. If Thanos hadn't shown up, he could have basically been a less problematic Odin. And while it makes sense that he would backslide as a response to the events in Infinity War and Endgame, I was hoping for more steps back in the right direction.

I also wasn't too interested in the generic "Shadow Realm" or the spooky monster mooks. And I remain confounded about how gods work in this setting. Are all Asgardians gods, or just the royalty? And while the movie was very clear why most of them didn't do anything about Thanos (they were dicks,) were they affected by him? Did half of them get snapped away, or are gods immune?

I think if I made the movie, I would have spent much more time in Omnipotence City, maybe have Thor and Co. interact with different pantheons to try winning over allies, maybe a few jokes about the Egyptian pantheon or references to Moon Knight or Eternals. It would be funny if somebody mentioned Athena and Zeus would be like "Who?" And then Gorr attacks the city! Show some real effects of his God-Butchering, and then have him announce his plans to find Destiny, instead of it being a throwaway line of exposition nobody even asked about.

Also, the movie was preeeeettty gay, but it needed to be gayer. What happened to Valkyrie finding her queen? Sif's right there, or she could be flirting with Aphrodite or Parvati or something. Maybe Idun? Yeah, I got that from Shin Megami Tensei V, shut up.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    re: Gods Dying
    I assumed Zeus was in Hades or Purgatory or whatever after the bolt, like how Asgardians are in Valhalla, and is pretty much done power-wise, which is why he's sending in Roy Kent

I don't think
    so...weren't his lady attendants the same as he had in Omnipotence City? They didn't die. Well maybe the one died from swooning after Valkyrie kissed her hand.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So apparently the rated R Fox Marvel movies are being added to Disney+, including both Deadpool's and Logan.

All fantastic movies, but i imagine the timing with SDCC isn't coincidence, and I wonder if there'll be any related announcement at the Marvel panel (no clue when that is, my internet's aren't good enough where I'm parked to try to look).

We know they're making a Deadpool, just from broad statements by Feige and Reynolds, but afaik it isn't yet in actual production?

As far as Logan goes, that's more questionably related. I mean there's a high likelihood they'll be announcing mutant related plans, but I don't think anyone seriously expects Jackman to return in any capacity outside of maybe a small cameo at some point (and even then, having to potentially get into "superhero" shape for a cameo would likely be a deal breaker), but regardless, it's easily the best X-MEN related movie, so it's good it's there anyway.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Announcing Dafne Keen continuing as Laura would be cool

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Announcing Dafne Keen continuing as Laura would be cool

She was fantastic in Logan. Very much the quality level they're looking for in their young avenger crew.

Could be an easy multiverse add, too. I don't think anyone is particularly invested in the post-Logan timeline except for babby Wolverine; could be a casualty of the multiverse wars.

• Options
    Are they going to edit Deadpool and Logan like they did Splash?

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Logan and the Deadpools (great name for an in-universe band) have been on Disney Plus for weeks if not months.

Or is that just in Canada?

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Are they going to edit Deadpool and Logan like they did Splash?

they will if they ever remember who's in the movie

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Logan and the Deadpools (great name for an in-universe band) have been on Disney Plus for weeks if not months.

Or is that just in Canada?

Just Canada or outside the US. Here in the states those movies had been parked on Hulu

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I don't think they need to have any characters literally step through a portal to become MCU regulars, other than America Chavez. Too much baggage with existing canon. They can do what they're doing with Daredevil where they've always been there but are vaguely different than the version we know.

Deadpool is the one case I could see them literally doing that but he's kind of a special case.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, they could just reintroduce the character in a new setting. They shouldn't pretend, for example, that Logan actually happened in the MCU

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    We need a What If...? style show of Gorr butchering gods in increasingly ridiculous ways.

Shoot it like Deadpool going through all of those mooks in DP1.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Gorr realizes the true problem and forces the gods to party with mortals.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    God could you imagine if Disney+ shelled out to have a Wolverine and Deadpool like 5-6 part series ala Peacemaker?

Shit I'd reup for the year for that.

• Options
    God could you imagine if Disney+ shelled out to have a Wolverine and Deadpool like 5-6 part series ala Peacemaker?

Shit I'd reup for the year for that.

Get Spider-Man in there for the real threesome.

This discussion has been closed.